PDA

View Full Version : Highpass hold and highpass keep

Anort
03-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Hail all,

I am close to hitting level 12 on my enchanter.These two zones used to be my next stop and stomping grounds for a while (30ish) I was wondering if they are still good to find a group? Or if anyone else had a better guide to leveling up from 12 to 50.

Messianic
03-03-2011, 09:06 AM
People still group on the orc side - i think it's more 14+ peeps though (some of those orcs, particularly those annoying fanatics, are like 17-19). I dunno if a 12 would do well there.

Anort
03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
People still group on the orc side - i think it's more 14+ peeps though (some of those orcs, particularly those annoying fanatics, are like 17-19). I dunno if a 12 would do well there.

Okay I might hit up EC till 14 then, it's been a long time since I played.

nemethor
03-03-2011, 09:36 AM
get buffs from high level druids by the rings in wc and go to town on the dervs/wisps/giant snakes/kodiaks/orcs/etc.
fastest way to get to 16 i've found

Lady_Omelia
03-03-2011, 09:50 AM
if you're a bit high for ec, there's a bandit camp in wc that's a good spot, and easy to recruit group members from ec

Spewys
03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
if you're a bit high for ec, there's a bandit camp in wc that's a good spot, and easy to recruit group members from ec

/agree

Anort
03-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Sounds good thanks, yeah I'll check out WC after I hit 12. I hear unreset is good to but I never went there to level.

Dantes
03-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Sometimes you gotta build your own group, but it's usually worth it.

Seaweedpimp
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Highpass hold Highhold keep

Messianic
03-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Highhold keep

High Keep.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered High Keep.

Text from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/qgen/HighpassHold.html and a bunch of other locations

guineapig
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Tons of bandits to kill in East Karana as well which is right down the road (long road) from highpass. Also the bandit camp is literally right next to a druid port location.

Seaweedpimp
03-03-2011, 02:46 PM
High Keep.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered High Keep.

Text from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/qgen/HighpassHold.html and a bunch of other locations

Lol was so sleepy,

Its highpass hold and high keep ;)

DevGrousis
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
CB from 12-13 CB solo in about an hour, then head to Sisters camp in Lesser Faydark, and kill nybright sisters at their camp. there are 3 at tents next to each other that should be lulled and one that is far enough away off to the side that doesnt agro. they are on like 15-20 min timer?? (not sure there) but its perfect for taking all 4 of them medding back up and then the first sister will spawn with perfect time. its rarely camped (in my experience there) and they drop bronze weapons that you can sell to a merchant thats about a minute and ahalf run away.

Messianic
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
CB from 12-13 CB solo in about an hour, then head to Sisters camp in Lesser Faydark, and kill nybright sisters at their camp. there are 3 at tents next to each other that should be lulled and one that is far enough away off to the side that doesnt agro. they are on like 15-20 min timer?? (not sure there) but its perfect for taking all 4 of them medding back up and then the first sister will spawn with perfect time. its rarely camped (in my experience there) and they drop bronze weapons that you can sell to a merchant thats about a minute and ahalf run away.

FYI - two of them can be pulled solo without lull - the two closest to each other do require some form of CC.

Which merchant did you use? The steamfont druid ring merchant was the closest I thought, but I was wondering if anyone else knew a closer vendor...

Ocaevia
03-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Highkeep always has a group at goblins. I usually just camp there and they put me on the waiting list when I log in. Great spot for xp as well.

redghosthunter
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Ya really got to be at least 20 ish to group in HHKeep Gobs. Be good if ya kept faction in HHold, so ya can bank there.

jcbbjjttt
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM

It is actually like a 6 minute timer for respawn. And has been extremely over camped the last few days... Lately, there have been people there who are level 18 - 20 so they are leveling up extremely slowly. I understand it is decent money but it would be nice if those people would move on so others can get some money for spells and actually gain some levels from 12 - 16.

Just dinged 17 and they con light blue. Can't imagine what they con at 18 and 19... probably only get XP every 3 or 4 kills.

Messianic
03-03-2011, 06:38 PM
It is actually like a 6 minute timer for respawn. And has been extremely over camped the last few days... Lately, there have been people there who are level 18 - 20 so they are leveling up extremely slowly. I understand it is decent money but it would be nice if those people would move on so others can get some money for spells and actually gain some levels from 12 - 16.

Just dinged 17 and they con light blue. Can't imagine what they con at 18 and 19... probably only get XP every 3 or 4 kills.

Yeah, they're good exp probably 11-14. After that it's just a money grind :)

Gnoll Reaver hill in EK is a great next place to go. Bronze weps ftw

shuklak
03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
If you're interested in grouping oasis has almost non stop groups for around 13-18. It's quite an action packed zone.

speedis
03-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I have been in unrest the past few days (arrived here level 13/14) and its easy to get groups. Pretty much always a group or two going,ranging from level 14-21 or so, with a few higher people camping certain areas too.

Plus unrest is fun. Im a dungeon man and always will be.

shuklak
03-03-2011, 10:32 PM
what time and timezone have you had success there?

that was a nice zone back in classic and I'd like to check it out again.

skipdog
03-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Unrest is probably the most consistantly packed zone in the game. Don't think you have to worry about time zones.

Aarone
03-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Which merchant did you use? The steamfont druid ring merchant was the closest I thought, but I was wondering if anyone else knew a closer vendor...

If memory serves, there's a Ranger compound in the middle of the woods, about due north of the Tier'Dal Elite camp (NE of the Sister's Camp).

Bubbles
03-04-2011, 02:48 AM
if you are sticking to that area by EC, i'd hit up Lavastorm till about 16.. can pull mobs nonstop, loot is good, and can even hang by the lava druid rings to score free buffs. It's never, ever busy in lava and mobs are everywhere, xp doesnt LB till like 17, which would be a great time to start in on Highpass orcs and gnolls.

Anort
03-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I never hunted in Lfay just used to run through it. I know to watch out for the Brownies and Tortured Unicorn if memory serves me correct.

toddfx
03-04-2011, 12:35 PM
If your memory of classic Highkeep is similar to my own, you will be gravely disappointed when you reach that level. I recall 2 or 3 groups camping goblins at once (guard, warrior, and raider) back in 1999, but today there is never more than one taking everything. If you politely ask to solo/duo some of the spare mobs, they act like its the end of the world. It was a lively place back then, with 18 people crammed into the dungeon and everybody having a merry time. The occasional RR train to stir up dust in GR was kinda nice, looking back on it. Now there are just 6 people sitting silently in the stairwell while a monk pulls everything in sight.

I understand why it is how it is today, but still unfortunate. I suppose back then we were less twinked and more newbish, so the multiple groups was the only way to go. Today maybe not everyone is twinked, but we know how to efficiently juggle the whole dungeon if a group is good.

I'm not sure if the chicken came before the egg or not, but it also seems people there are more like 25+ rather than 20+ like I remember it. I for one always started GR at level 20, but today you probably wouldn't even get experience at that level, considering there is likely somebody over level 30 in the group.

At level 35, I now kill the human guards much more than I ever had the opportunity to kill the goblins through my 20s! It's really too bad.

Sorry for being so negative. Just speaking the truth.

Messianic
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
If your memory of classic Highkeep is similar to my own, you will be gravely disappointed when you reach that level. I recall 2 or 3 groups camping goblins at once (guard, warrior, and raider) back in 1999, but today there is never more than one taking everything. If you politely ask to solo/duo some of the spare mobs, they act like its the end of the world. It was a lively place back then, with 18 people crammed into the dungeon and everybody having a merry time. The occasional RR train to stir up dust in GR was kinda nice, looking back on it. Now there are just 6 people sitting silently in the stairwell while a monk pulls everything in sight.

I understand why it is how it is today, but still unfortunate. I suppose back then we were less twinked and more newbish, so the multiple groups was the only way to go. Today maybe not everyone is twinked, but we know how to efficiently juggle the whole dungeon if a group is good.

I'm not sure if the chicken came before the egg or not, but it also seems people there are more like 25+ rather than 20+ like I remember it. I for one always started GR at level 20, but today you probably wouldn't even get experience at that level, considering there is likely somebody over level 30 in the group.

At level 35, I now kill the human guards much more than I ever had the opportunity to kill the goblins through my 20s! It's really too bad.

I understand what you mean - but it is fun being in one of those 6 person groups raking in the exp from killing everything...

Anort
03-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Yeah I remember people camping each room. Sometimes if you were lucky you would get the war/raider room hehe. I just loved with the bank and vendors so close by. Plus if you ever had to run just run to good old Ran Flamespinner.

mokfarg
03-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Hail all,

I am close to hitting level 12 on my enchanter.These two zones used to be my next stop and stomping grounds for a while (30ish) I was wondering if they are still good to find a group? Or if anyone else had a better guide to leveling up from 12 to 50.

I liked your signature, it looked like a progression from child to adult. Your EQ names looked like children names and then as you moved to WoW the names became more like adult names.

Messianic
03-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I never hunted in Lfay just used to run through it. I know to watch out for the Brownies and Tortured Unicorn if memory serves me correct.

btw, does you sig say "Nerco" instead of "necro" on the second character from the left?

Anort
03-06-2011, 10:30 AM
btw, does you sig say "Nerco" instead of "necro" on the second character from the left?

It says necro, it's pretty hard to see.