PDA

View Full Version : Grimrot baby

Nobletoad
03-04-2011, 09:04 AM
So I'm pretty excited to start camping this hellish camp of Grimrot and I wanted to clarify two things first before I melt large portions of my brain from this session. Does the Grimrot ph in fact spawn every 6 minutes? I've been hearing people on the server who finished the aegis confirm this but on the old school archived forums and zam's i understand he used to be a 3.5 hour respawn on live. Also, which skele is the actual Grimmy ph? If I'm setting camp I would rather just keep killing the one ph than that whole mess, there's literally 9999 skeles there. I'm assuming it might be one of the 2 putrid skels that are like kinda-but-not-really under a tent? I read somewhere that grim's ph always wields a rusty bastard sword but not a single skele in the camp is holding one.

Any help would be appreciated guys!

Plumb
03-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Best of luck to you. Personally, i spent a good 250 hours there...:( Kept getting the live version to spawn :/ if i'm not mistaken the ph is the one just under the hut there, middle-right, if you are facing the camp from the north. (looking south) Its location is somewhat defined, in the middle of a cluster of 3 skeles. Although, you will likely be needing faction for the quest, which is easily gained by slaying the putrid skeles. I have read live spawns in the day, and dead at night, but it's been to long for me to confirm how it works on this server. I will tell you that it is worth it, a great item to pop in your back slot. And can check up on quillmane now and then as well during the camp. oh and the ph is the same of the rest of the skeles, same as rest of sk, if i remember right, its def not 6 minutes, lest i have completely fried my brain... which is quite possibl possible

Labyrrinth
03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
I finished mine in probably 5 hours

Easiest way to do this camp, in my opinion, is to just load up your ae, run thru the camp and aggro all the skels to one spot, stop, turn and cast the AE. I stayed away from the monk quest mob (forgot his name, sorry)

Go back to your spot and sit and med for a few minutes until the camp spawns again.

It's easy, more mana efficient then trying to nuke one mob down at a time and you get the added benefit of not having to worry about which one is the PHer because you're killing them all. Plus faction.. which most need for the turn in

Kvappe
03-04-2011, 10:11 AM
I finished mine in probably 5 hours

Easiest way to do this camp, in my opinion, is to just load up your ae, run thru the camp and aggro all the skels to one spot, stop, turn and cast the AE. I stayed away from the monk quest mob (forgot his name, sorry)

Go back to your spot and sit and med for a few minutes until the camp spawns again.

It's easy, more mana efficient then trying to nuke one mob down at a time and you get the added benefit of not having to worry about which one is the PHer because you're killing them all. Plus faction.. which most need for the turn in

This

Rejuvenation
03-04-2011, 10:14 AM
The PH doesnt wield a scimitar every time IIRC. The spawn IS every 6 minutes, just very rare. The in-game time has no effect on which Grimrot can spawn.

Enjoy, hope it doesn't take you too long.

Slashurr
03-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Best of luck to you. Personally, i spent a good 250 hours there...:( Kept getting the live version to spawn :/ if i'm not mistaken the ph is the one just under the hut there, middle-right, if you are facing the camp from the north. (looking south) Its location is somewhat defined, in the middle of a cluster of 3 skeles. Although, you will likely be needing faction for the quest, which is easily gained by slaying the putrid skeles. I have read live spawns in the day, and dead at night, but it's been to long for me to confirm how it works on this server. I will tell you that it is worth it, a great item to pop in your back slot. And can check up on quillmane now and then as well during the camp. oh and the ph is the same of the rest of the skeles, same as rest of sk, if i remember right, its def not 6 minutes, lest i have completely fried my brain... which is quite possibl possible

DEAR GOD MAN!!!! That is one of the most horrible things I have ever heard in my entire life.

Bubbles
03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
The camp isn't terrible.. it's just a low frequency spawn.. But you have to pay attention every 6 minutes..

The real agony is when you have killed one Grimrot and need the other version. So you're waiting on a low % spawn and there's a 50% chance you don't need it. This is why you'll often see multiple people at grimrot.. Either a couple clerics, or one cleric and very low level alt XPing off the skeletons (waiting to camp on the main if zomglivegrimspawnsfinally) etc...

just continually /ooc free XP res drag it to Grimrot and enjoy the massive amounts of bone chips you are farming. IF you got a ranger or druid buddy you can goof around spawning Quill, too if you want to multitask.

Blancah
03-04-2011, 06:42 PM
At the beginning I was pulling the entire camp and ae'ing everything. I gave many stacks of bone chips away at that camp. After a while I just started pulling the putrids that gave faction and whatever else tagged along. I had Grimrots spawn well under 3.5 hours of each other. Too bad it was two live :( I gave about 3-4 life spawn loots away before undead finally spawned. I did a couple nights 3-4 hours and then finally I woke up around 6 on a Saturday, grabbed camp and scored undead about 3pm.

I also had max faction by time I left this camp. I'd keep a good amount of your bone chips for faction until you find yourself there for a long time.

Here's a previous post that shows a couple screenshots Uthgaard and further down Lumathix posted:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13749&page=2

Pyrocat
03-04-2011, 10:28 PM
thought this thread was going to be about a baby conceived while camping grimrot

Ashane
03-22-2011, 05:07 AM
got my aegis today, took about 8 hours. cleared everything in camp every 6.5min. got undead after 7hrs, then live version within an hour. undead spawned at 7pm (game time), live at 9am.. so yeah, can't confirm myself that the game time has no effect on the spawn! i certainly wouldn't rule out the spawning tactics described on alla, and would probably try timing my kills if i were to do it again.

weird camp... don't rely 100% on anything you've heard. good luck to future grimrot hunters!