PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Income?

Korrok
03-06-2011, 07:42 AM
So I just joined the server and rolled a high elf enchanter. Everything is going well, I soloed from 4-8 at a bandit camp in Gfay. When I hit level 8 I went to pick up all my new spells very excited about them I had 15plat and was thinking id have some a bit left over for some other things like tiny daggers and some food/drinks.

After buying my first few spells I realize the cost for the spells has gone from 4-5g to 4-5 plat each. Now looting and selling everything I have only gotten 15 plat from level 4-8 so my question is what can i do at this level to get some decent income to get the rest of my spells and then supply enough income for future spells?

fugazi
03-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Kill minotaur slavers in the north-west corner of Steamfont up to 12-13, then move on to the Nybright Sister camp in Lesser Faydark. That will ensure you can easily afford your spells, good sir.

Or go to Crushbone, harvest belts and try to find a buyer for them at 1 plat each.

Chrushev
03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
i havent played in 7 years and just started on p99 a few weeks ago... i found myself in the same boat at lvl 9.

There may be better ways. But you could farm/level in Crushbone and farm up Belts and Shoulderpads. On average you could get up to 1pp per belt and up to 2pp per shoulderpad.

Usually people will buy like 12 for 10pp etc. but some will pay up to 1pp per belt.

at level 8 belts gave 2%exp per turn in and pads gave 7% (need 2x pads per turn in) so doing the math. Each pad is worth about 1pp 7g and 5silver if you take 1 belt as a base at 1pp. Because for each 4pp spent you get 8% exp from belts and 7% exp from pads.

I dunno whats experience for them is like at lvl 9 havent turned any in yet.

Basically point is, you can make some plat off of those. Im not sure who drops pads (i bought all mine but I think they are lvl 10+ mobs), but belts drop pretty frequently off of Centurions which range from lvl 6ish to lvl 10ish

Korrok
03-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Ill head over there as soon as I get the rest of the plat i need for my new pet and go to HHK and get him. Thanks for the tip

Cribanox
03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Right, CB belts, or in EC try DF belts. Find a small camp of skeletons and do bone chips around 10pp a stack. I liked killing bandits in EK for bronze weps.

Estu
03-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Alternatively, since you're an ENC, you can take up jewelcrafting and sell silver jewelry for 5-10pp a piece. You'll need a little capital to start off with, though (10-20p).

Korrok
03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
that was my plan to work up all tradeskill onces i got all set up on the server to make some cash. Just have to get set up first =D

Toehammer
03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Kill minotaur slavers in the north-west corner of Steamfont up to 12-13, then move on to the Nybright Sister camp in Lesser Faydark. That will ensure you can easily afford your spells, good sir.

Or go to Crushbone, harvest belts and try to find a buyer for them at 1 plat each.

Nybright sisters is the best advice here... find a partner at level 8 and even if you are only looting 1/2 of the bronze weapons, you will have over 50pp an hour

once you hit level 12 you can solo no problem... there is also a merchant at a ranger camp closeby in lesser fay, between 11 and 19 i made over 1000pp there, good exp too, although crushbone is better exp

aggresor223
03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
So I just joined the server and rolled a high elf enchanter. Everything is going well, I soloed from 4-8 at a bandit camp in Gfay. When I hit level 8 I went to pick up all my new spells very excited about them I had 15plat and was thinking id have some a bit left over for some other things like tiny daggers and some food/drinks.

After buying my first few spells I realize the cost for the spells has gone from 4-5g to 4-5 plat each. Now looting and selling everything I have only gotten 15 plat from level 4-8 so my question is what can i do at this level to get some decent income to get the rest of my spells and then supply enough income for future spells?

PM me and give me your game name or /tell cheecago, I can give you some plats or gold to get your spells =). Enchanter is the most profitable class IMO at higher levels so hang in there. :)