PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: March 7th, 2011 (previously updated + new)

nilbog
03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Here are last night's patch notes as well as previously updated changes that weren't posted.

Read the thread for full list.

nilbog
03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Code

Rogean: I did a lot of shit, but I'm slax2max on remembering and/or posting them.
Haynar: Alchemy skill level caps should now work properly at GM Trainer
Haynar: Charm breaks from FD will now clear the aggro better.
Haynar: Fix for same buffs topslotting when you get buffs refreshed. They will now update in the same buff slot properly.
Haynar: Fixed heading getting changed when you get summoned by a mob.
Haynar: Refreshing your own detrimental spell (dot, slow, debuff, etc.) on a mob, will no longer send a spell worn off message.
Haynar: Mobs that die in the water will now sink serverside and have their position updated to the client so the corpse will not be out of range when attempted to be looted.
Haynar: Added code to make more even coin distribution of lower denominations on mobs.
Haynar: Implemented Disarm.
Haynar: NPC Corpses with equipped items and visible armor will update when looted.
Haynar: Magic immune mobs vs non-magic weapons, shields, bash, should work right for all cases now.
Haynar: Mobs immune to detrimental spells will aggro.
Haynar: Spells cast on mobs which are immune will generate proper aggro, instead of just adding to the hate list as it was in most cases.
Haynar: Spells cast on mobs which are immune, will show as being resisted. Exceptions are slow immune, and runspeed changes immune, which give appropriate message.
Haynar: Killing a mob that is not aggro in one-shot, will kill its pet too.
Haynar: /pet get lost will now generate the correct death animation.
Haynar: Regular Runes will now absorb spell damage.
Haynar: Bash damage absorbed by a rune, can still stun you.
Haynar: Spellshields will absorb spells first. If they run out and any normal runes exist, then the normal rune will absorb the remaining spell damage until they are gone too.
Haynar: Spell damage totally absorbed by a rune, will display as if normal damage was applied to attacker. Spell damage partially absorbed by a rune, will display the actual damage that occurs.
Haynar: Coin on your cursor when dying will now stay with the corpse.
Haynar: Some duplicate message fixes of the caster for spells like canni and using manastone.
Haynar: Removed some extra messages for dots with lifetap effects.
Haynar: Rain spells will now hit the correct number of targets.
Haynar: Weapon Procs, will now enforce effective levels properly.
Haynar: Pet summon spells, no longer require “noexpendreagent” items to be on the player to cast the spell.
Haynar: Added fixes for purchasing from vendors where you do not get the correct item that you selected.
Haynar: Limited number of merchant items displayed to 40. This does not limit the max the vendor will hold.
Haynar: Faction Spells such as alliance, will now only apply to one primary faction at a time.
Haynar: Alenia`s Disenchanting Melody should now work on group members.
Haynar: spell fixes so caster doesn't get hit on pboae spells
Haynar: Fix for targeted AEs not being able to kill targets.
Haynar: Added dot stacking.
kanras: /who all kedge and /who all trakanon fix
kanras: implemented /who all count
kanras: /consent and /deny rewritten to support: consent/deny offline characters. The consent is maintained when the consented character zones.
kanras: GM Monks will now use the proper texture

Content:

Nilbog: Captain Ashlan will now reward you for 1-4 Orc Scalps. He will no longer accept them if you are below dubious faction.
Nilbog: Decreased hitpoints of Happ Dremblenod.
Nilbog: Warden Lius and Sentinel Wren will no longer share the same spawn point.
Nilbog: Camlend Serbold will be primary faction PriestsofLife
Nilbog: Ziska Ironforge will now sell star rubies and fire emeralds.
Nilbog: a banished kerran will now respond to text about Puab, and return his quest container when given Puab's token.
Nilbog: Non-casters rejoice. You may now be bound at the North Karana gypsy camp.
Nilbog: Lair of Splitpaw entrance/exit zonelines fixed. You should no longer zone to the wrong coordinates or be disoriented.
Nilbog: Glare lords will once again cast magician spells, and summon elemental pets.
Nilbog: the froglok warden will now invis himself after spawning.
Nilbog: ancille cooks of mistmoore are now shadowknights. Their respawn time increased to 40 minutes.
Nilbog: Armorer Dellin will no longer visit the roof of the west freeport militia house.
Nilbog: Velan Torresk will now only accept quest turn-ins at kindly or above.
Nilbog: large rattlesnakes have reverted to their classic form, 'a rattlesnake'. rattlesnakes and kerra snakes will now drop large snake rattles. giant rattlesnakes will drop giant rattles
Nilbog: giant rattlesnakes will no longer be seen in West Commonlands.
Nilbog: Kizdean Gix will respond to his quest trigger only if you are indifferent or above. Added his slay message.
Nilbog: West Commonlands undead tower will now have a wider variety of undead.
Nilbog: Dervish Thugs have returned to the west commonlands camp.
Nilbog: Mudwater Rune will now only be dropped by lizard zealots and lizard fanatics.
Nilbog: goblin netmasters will now cast shadowknight spells for their level, including a pet
Nilbog: air elementals will now be kos to players. beware.
Nilbog: Petrifin and Mortificator Syythrak max hit decreased, size increased.
Nilbog: Saxarivza Zexus will be now be known as Savarixsa Zexus. She can be found near the shaman guild in Grobb. Corrected her quest script
Nilbog: Leatherfoot Deputy will no longer spawn at the halfling camps as a static spawn. There will now only be one, and he will patrol the camps.
Nilbog: Loot updated for halflings in Nektulos.
Nilbog: Perrir Zexus of Neriak will now accept his sister's letter. He will also offer a quest to turn in raider caps for those with indifferent or better faction. The caps drop from most halflings in Nektulos.
Nilbog: Nillipuss now has a slightly greater chance of dropping JumJum stalks.
Nilbog: Respawn time for Sol A lowered to 18 minutes
Nilbog: giant wasps will now drop.. giant wasp wings!
Nilbog: Grobb missing npcs added or changed: Added Bashers Zazluk, Scintok, Thintan, Gubaku, Kigak, Sutok, Ganbaku.
Nilbog: Troll merchant Sanfik will no longer reside near the zone in of Grobb. He can be found in his bedroom.
Nilbog: Gartonka, Gluku, Uzak, Raztara will now be female. Rohga, Chamt will now be male. Hope the sex changes don't interfere with any roleplaying, hah.
Nilbog: Added many missing spawns (mostly goblins) to Permafrost.
Nilbog: Loveal S`Nez will now, for a limited time, offer a rare reward for turning in a Thex Mallet. (Note: amiable or greater faction required)
Nilbog: Xantis Ixtax in the Lodge of the Dead will now respond about the ring. (Warmly faction required)
Nilbog: Kizdean Gix will no longer drop sealed letters which do not belong to him.
Nilbog: Base faction level for 'TheDead' faction decreased.
Nilbog: Goblins of Lavastorm will now be on the faction 'GoblinsofFirePeak'
Nilbog: You may now buy large armor in Grobb. Merchants Jarlok, Bukton, and Beztopi can assist you.
Nilbog: Upon rescuing Princess Lenya Thex, you will no longer be ported to Greater Faydark.
Nilbog: Nesiff Tallaherd's quests will now provide MerchantsofQeynos faction instead of MerchantsofRivervale.
Nilbog: sonic bats will once again drop coin.
Nilbog: Braux Grengar will no longer discuss non-classicness.
Nilbog: Warden Lius won't be so choosy when questioned about 'heretic remains'.
Nilbog: Ilanics skeleton will now path, drop loot, provide faction, and respond to his quest triggers.
Nilbog: Assistant Kiolna will now properly reward you for key 106.
Nilbog: Quest: The Crate(good/evil) updated. (note: amiable faction or greater needed)
Nilbog: Loot corrected for clockworks within akanon. Swords, shields, sprockets and blackboxes.
Nilbog: Blood Sky Emerald will now drop from the correct npcs in Plane of Sky.
Nilbog: Fixed Wizard test of preparation quest.
Nilbog: Lizard crusaders will drop Decayed Chainmail more often.
Nilbog: Cleonae Kalen will no longer assist her sisters.
Nilbog: Cyndreela now has lower resists and a better chance of dropping loot.
Nilbog: Griffons will now drop coin.
Nilbog: The faction hit for killing Mutt Rootlit is now more severe.
Nilbog: Plane of Sky items 'White Gold Earring' and 'Spiroc Thunder Totem' will now drop from the correct npcs.
Nilbog: Added Lady Shae's death text.
Nilbog: Torin Krentar will no longer spawn.
Uthgaard: Lislia Goldtune will accept mail.
Uthgaard: No more free beer in rivervale (again)
Uthgaard: Fixed Bilge/Pyzjn
Uthgaard: Tlin Bowfright at the bar in freporte is no longer a warrior with enchanter spells and a DT.
Uthgaard: All scrolls of Instill are now scrolls of Enstill
Uthgaard: All scrolls of Leech are now scrolls of Leach
Uthgaard: Meat pie combine remade.
Uthgaard: Roror will spawn in a more predictable spot.
Uthgaard: Fixed disarm skill caps
Uthgaard: You can now levitate in crushbone
Uthgaard: Tiny Jade Inlaid Coffin is no longer stackable

Akim
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
you da man.!.. *Men

Myrkskog
03-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Fuck, you guys are monsters!

Wasn't disarm(along with boats) the bane of all EMU servers?

Chrushev
03-08-2011, 03:34 AM

Thank you for all your hard work gents :)

maegi
03-08-2011, 03:52 AM
mages can now summon 20 bandages at a time. On test.

Xeldrakka
03-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the great work devs! If I had money to donate I so would, but my checkbook looks like shit right now. So thanks so very much for your dedication to this project.

Messianic
03-08-2011, 06:59 AM
CodeUthgaard: Tlin Bowfright at the bar in freporte is no longer a warrior with enchanter spells and a DT.

This one interests me the most. What the hell? =P

maverikstation
03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Code

(...)
Haynar: Added dot stacking.
(...)

Is it the fact about make unable to stack spell DoT of the same line ?

Striiker
03-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Amazing work guys! You really do some wonderful stuff! We all truly do appreciate your hard work to give us the opportunity to play in classic EQ content! We all appreciate seeing the change logs getting posted as it really helps us understand what's happening in the world..
Remember, for every one person complaining about stuff, there are hundreds who are silent but truly appreciate all you guys do!

Extunarian
03-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Live servers too (boats anyway)

Alawen Everywhere
03-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I want to be outraged about the dot stacking nerf but as far as I can tell it's working the way it's supposed to, at least as far as the druid magic-based line. Nicely done.

Haynar
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Dot Stacking - Sorry. I do appologize for getting this to work right. I know it sucks.

Current Pet Problems - Working on them. They are kind of classic, not intended, but they need fixed. I will get it figured out sometime today.

H

bluejam
03-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Nilbog: large rattlesnakes have reverted to their classic form, 'a rattlesnake'. rattlesnakes and kerra snakes will now drop large snake rattles. giant rattlesnakes will drop giant rattles
Nilbog: giant rattlesnakes will no longer be seen in West Commonlands.

You're sick, man - in a good way. <3

Nerocon
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Hell of a patch, you guys are awesome and the efforts are very much appreciated. The AE fixes make my giblets tingle.

williestargell
03-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Dot Stacking - Sorry. I do appologize for getting this to work right...

sorry, NOT working right. those dots stacked in live for years. they are meant to stack.

Dantes
03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Fuck yeah disarm!

williestargell
03-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Drones of Doom - swarms of insects
Creeping Crud - Oozing filth

not the same spell line. intended to stack. always have stacked.

return it to the way it was please.

Gorgetrapper
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM

No, it's the same dot line, do some research before you DEMAND shit changed.

If you REALLY wanted to get technical, those two dots had the same icon before spells started getting more unique ones. You apparently didn't start playing until DoTs were allowed to stack which was after the eras this server is at.

http://web.archive.org/web/20000822125319/www.eqdruids.com/dot.htm

and

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2002-2.html

Which it shows that the dot stacking was "upgraded" well into luclin.

Pyrocat
03-08-2011, 11:06 PM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28855

read this thread before responding further please, and if you feel that you have some evidence in favor of your argument that *hasn't* been brought up in that thread, post it there. I sincerely doubt you'll find anything though, as this change has been thoroughly researched already by the staff and community.

williestargell
03-08-2011, 11:25 PM
first off i didnt DEMAND anything. So no need to take some superior tone. Nor do I come in posting unarmed or uninformed. I'm not saying I'm never wrong. But what I found backs up my premise that the dots were intended to stack as they were previous to yesterday on this server.

I'm fairly sure I'm correct when i say that creeping crud and drones of doom stacked on sony's live servers. I played a druid in live and they stacked. All the old posts that I found on the two spells asking if they stacked say the same thing...yes.

Every other dot was stackable so that your two highest magic dots, plus one fire dot stacked. ie:

drones and stinging swarm were of one line; drifting death and creeping crud were of a different line.

A post from 2006 at url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=665

"Ev every little bit helps drones of doom + Drifting death + Firey swarm =250ish damage a tick. Add that to you am3 eq damage with druzzils composite bow.
Eageleye Zeet = Leaglize it =P"

Another post and it's url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=259

"Yes...it stacks with CC
Ranger 65 season
Evernoob 300"

Your list of patches in that one link says nothing about single pc's dot stacking - nothing at all. The only thing it speaks to with dot stacking is multiple persons of the same class. The EQ druids post I can't explain except to say that i believe they were wrong. It does not jive with the posts above nor my experience.

nilbog
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
from eqdruids:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td valign="top"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td valign="top">After extensive research from multiple classes, EQDruids has decided that we are most DoT friendly with other classes.

Druids can stack with themselves ONE of each section
Stinging Series: Stinging Swarm, Creeping Crud, Drones of Doom, Drifting Death
Flamelick Series :Flamelick, Immolate
(ie Immolate and Crud stack - Stinging and Crud DO NOT)
So far the Stinging Swarm, etc series stack 100% with all the Necromancer, Enchanter, and Shaman lines of all levels.
If you find a stack combination that DOES NOT work please email us.
Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series
Winged Death stacks with Breath of Ro, Stinging Series, and Immolate Series
At Level 53, Immolate, Drifting Death, Breath of Ro, and Winged Death Stack.

Note that 2 druids casting a stinging series DOES NOT STACK. The way for 2 druids to stack is for one to cast Immolate and the other to cast a stinging series.
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

http://web.archive.org/web/20000822125319/www.eqdruids.com/dot.htm

Gorgetrapper
03-08-2011, 11:31 PM
first off i didnt DEMAND anything. So no need to take some superior tone. Nor do I come in posting unarmed or uninformed. I'm not saying I'm never wrong. But what I found backs up my premise that the dots were intended to stack as they were previous to yesterday on this server.

I'm fairly sure I'm correct when i say that creeping crud and drones of doom stacked on sony's live servers. I played a druid in live and they stacked. All the old posts that I found on the two spells asking if they stacked say the same thing...yes.

Every other dot was stackable so that your two highest magic dots, plus one fire dot stacked. ie:

drones and stinging swarm were of one line; drifting death and creeping crud were of a different line.

A post from 2006 at url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=665

"Ev every little bit helps drones of doom + Drifting death + Firey swarm =250ish damage a tick. Add that to you am3 eq damage with druzzils composite bow.

Another post and it's url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=259

"Yes...it stacks with CC
Ranger 65 season
Evernoob 300"

Your list of patches in that one link says nothing about single pc's dot stacking - nothing at all. The only thing it speaks to with dot stacking is multiple persons of the same class. The EQ druids post I can't explain except to say that i believe they were wrong. It does not jive with the posts above nor my experience.

Your links show posts from 2006 and 2005, both are when game mechanics of EQ have been changed left and right.

YendorLootmonkey
03-08-2011, 11:34 PM

You know you're posting links from 6-7 years after classic, right? Could it be possible that game mechanics kinda changed over that timeframe?

There are other links in this thread that show that the DoT stacking mechanic was changed TO the way you remember it (and are arguing for here) back in 2002. Which was the Luclin expansion.

williestargell
03-08-2011, 11:45 PM
This link from luclin does not mean what you are reading into it. I was there when that change came out. Previous to that if there were two druids in a group their dots didnt stack at all, as with two necros or two shaman. Naturally those classes felt their dps was non-existant in a raid. So the change was to allow druid A's drones to stack with druid B's drones. Two of the exact same spell. That has nothing to do with two spells of different lines stacking solo.

The point you are not getting is that Creeping Crud is NOT the same spell line as Drones of doom. The fact that 2/3 of a druids dots are magic/conjuration based is confusing people into thinking they are all the same line, when in fact they are not.

Again, that post from eqdruids or wherever...it's just plain wrong.

Gorgetrapper
03-08-2011, 11:48 PM
*cough*

After extensive research from multiple classes, EQDruids has decided that we are most DoT friendly with other classes.

Druids can stack with themselves ONE of each section
Stinging Series: Stinging Swarm, Creeping Crud, Drones of Doom, Drifting Death
Flamelick Series :Flamelick, Immolate
(ie Immolate and Crud stack - Stinging and Crud DO NOT)
So far the Stinging Swarm, etc series stack 100% with all the Necromancer, Enchanter, and Shaman lines of all levels.
If you find a stack combination that DOES NOT work please email us.

Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series

Winged Death stacks with Breath of Ro, Stinging Series, and Immolate Series

At Level 53, Immolate, Drifting Death, Breath of Ro, and Winged Death Stack.

Note that 2 druids casting a stinging series DOES NOT STACK. The way for 2 druids to stack is for one to cast Immolate and the other to cast a stinging series.

EQDruids thanks all of its players and contributors to making this the most complete druid resource on the web!

Back to EQ Druids Homepage
This page was last modified June 06, 2000 Hit Counter since May 04, 1999

Shows that it was like what? 3 months after kunark release and still not velious?

williestargell
03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
you're taking that eq druids page as if it was start of eq?

it's listing spells on there that are above level 50? obviously post kunark.

it lists spells unavailable even during kunark. please don't try to say that was the state of the game on day one.

/cough

oh and
"Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series"

NOT, another mistake on that page as Breath of Ro is the upgrade to Immolate. they did not stack.

Haynar
03-09-2011, 12:13 AM
you're taking that eq druids page as if it was start of eq?

it's listing spells on there that are above level 50? obviously post kunark.

it lists spells unavailable even during kunark. please don't try to say that was the state of the game on day one.

/cough

oh and
"Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series"

NOT, another mistake on that page as Breath of Ro is the upgrade to Immolate. they did not stack.
DoT Stacking is staying. Get over it.

You know that you are kind of annoying?

H