PDA

View Full Version : LOIO xp bonus?

Droop
03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I remember LOIO being an amazing place to level back in the day. Anyone remember what the XP bonus was supposed to be in this zone during classic? I remember coming back later (circa 04) and no one was ever in this zone. Apparently they removed the XP bonus and then other zones such as Paludal Caverns (sp?) had an INSANE XP bonus.

Am I remembering correctly? Anyone remember the exact values?

guineapig
03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
There are the zone experience modifiers on EQmac (which has been stuck in limbo since PoP I think:

KUNARK
Burning Woods 75
Cabilis 100
Charasis 85
Chardok 85
City of Mist 85
Dalnir
Dreadlands 75
Emerald Jungle 75
Field of Bone 75
Fironia Vie 75
Frontier Mountains 75
Kaesora 110
Karnor's Castle 85
Kurn's Tower 150
Lake of Ill Omen 60
The Mines of Nurga
Sebilis 85
Skyfire Mountains 80
Swamp of No Hope 75
The Overthere 75
Timourous Deep
Temple of Droga
Trakanon's Teeth 75
Veeshan's Peak
Warsliks Woods 75

Best I could come up with... sorry.

I don't recall them adding exp bonuses to outdoor zones though in classic era, just dungeons. Later when they implemented hotzones (that changed every few months), that changed things. And of course there are the newbi zones which seem to have a bit of a bonus.

I think the reason why some outdoor zones are such great sources of exp is due to the tons of mobs, 6 minute respawn timers, and lower rate of spell casting and healing mobs.

Droop
03-08-2011, 06:33 PM
So on that thing above 100 would = no XP bonus, and then 75 would only be 75% of normal XP, so -xp? Or is 0 no XP bonus and this places like LOIO just have real low bonuses compared to other zones (like Kurns)?

vossiewulf
03-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I remember LOIO being an amazing place to level back in the day. Anyone remember what the XP bonus was supposed to be in this zone during classic? I remember coming back later (circa 04) and no one was ever in this zone. Apparently they removed the XP bonus and then other zones such as Paludal Caverns (sp?) had an INSANE XP bonus.

Am I remembering correctly? Anyone remember the exact values?

Droop is right, when Kunark first came out LOIO was a rockin' ding zone. I ran a couple characters through there, was a really busy zone at the time.

Droop
03-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Droop is right, when Kunark first came out LOIO was a rockin' ding zone. I ran a couple characters through there, was a really busy zone at the time.

I remember it as some of the best XP I have ever had. It seemed to just roll and roll. Even solo as a monk I remember a yellow an hour at 30. I was amazed!

Messianic
03-08-2011, 09:06 PM
LoIO was always a negative exp bonus zone. It made up for that with super-fast respawns, and tons and tons of mobs that are scattered enough to get single pulls nearly every time. I went from 22-30 (or something like that - nearly all of my 20s) in a single day there. I don't think it was because the mobs themselves were worth more than say, mobs in sol a - it was because I chewed through them so fast...

Darian
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
LoIO was always a negative exp bonus zone. It made up for that with super-fast respawns, and tons and tons of mobs that are scattered enough to get single pulls nearly every time. I went from 22-30 (or something like that - nearly all of my 20s) in a single day there. I don't think it was because the mobs themselves were worth more than say, mobs in sol a - it was because I chewed through them so fast...

This. IIRC it was the only zone in the trilogy with a negative zone xp modifier, but it was so damn popular and easy to find groups that it didnt matter.

burkemi5
03-08-2011, 10:51 PM
this thread is getting me pumped for kunark!!! wooooooot

shuklak
03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
pump up the jam