PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a separate forum for character trading?

Cyrano
03-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Or at least a sub forum under the Trading section. Sucks seeing the item trading forum inundated with tons of posts about selling/trading chars.

Pico
03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Agreed. +1

Phallax
03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Yea its a bit ridiculous and still dont see how/why its allowed.

Bruno
03-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Because Bob would die if it wasn't allowed.

Wudan
03-09-2011, 01:48 AM
TRADING CHARACTERS IS BS AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!

If you want to get money find yourself a job, if you wanna have decent toon, level it you lazy fuk!

Selling toons is a way to hell. I remember it all too well from live. All you get is 70lvl uber tanks who dont know what to do when the shit hits the fan.

senna
03-09-2011, 03:11 AM
+1 on the silliness of character trading being endorsed

Cyrano
03-10-2011, 02:37 AM
I don't mind them trading chars, just wish it had a separate forum.

Gorgetrapper
03-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Yeah it's pretty bad when the marketplace on the forums, is flooded more with character trades/sales and the "occasional" RMT going on.

dredge
03-10-2011, 03:30 AM

JayDee
03-10-2011, 04:13 AM
After I sell the current account i have and buy a new one

Zigfreed
03-10-2011, 05:27 AM
If you think about it for say, 4 seconds, it becomes obvious why they allow it. They provide an outlet of sorts for the types of players who would otherwise try to sell for real money and get it all shut down.

Insofar as I am concerned I have no problem with an excuse of "Bored with this char, lets try another" but when it's all about e-peen (plat in bank) I think you're a fool. Nobody will ever really give a shit about your bank in EQ in RL.

On the other hand.. If your goal/joy in EQ is to have a bank acct of x plat and then you declare victory, you go man, you go..

Wudan
03-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Why do you care?

I could see if real money was allowed because that's the kind of bullshit sony sells, but that's not even the case here

well, I said why I care. I saw it on live and it ruins the game imo. This is classic, why dont you go to live if you wanna trade characters all the time? Why even bother playing the game if you get bored? Its just an easy way and I hate easy way. Get bored, buy new account? Thats BS for WOW consumers.

Just my opinion.

P.S. I remember this uber Warrior from Zek who changed owner like 10times. You never knew who was actually playing him. He was like a cheap ho' with no integrity.

Selling/buying toons is for pussies.

gnomishfirework
03-10-2011, 06:45 AM
well, I said why I care. I saw it on live and it ruins the game imo. This is classic, why dont you go to live if you wanna trade characters all the time? Why even bother playing the game if you get bored? Its just an easy way and I hate easy way. Get bored, buy new account? Thats BS for WOW consumers.

Just my opinion.

P.S. I remember this uber Warrior from Zek who changed owner like 10times. You never knew who was actually playing him. He was like a cheap ho' with no integrity.

If you can farm enough plat to buy an account, you will know how to play it.

It doesn't compare to live where people would us actual cash to buy the accounts. It's a small server. I rather someone trade an account and stick around than get bored and quit.

Bruno
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM

Just my opinion.

I'm glad you added that in there. Now can you guess my next question?

Wudan
03-10-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm glad you added that in there. Now can you guess my next question?

no?

guineapig
03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
In the time it takes people to farm enough cash to buy a well geared level 50 I can level up a well geared level 50 and have money in the bank for it. :p And I have the added benefit of understanding the class.

Bruno
03-10-2011, 10:58 AM
What amazes me is people don't have anything else to worry about in their lives other than people trading accounts in an everquest emu? I am fully aware that this is some people's life, but come on. I seriously doubt with a population size here that it's going to make a significant difference whether some dude trades an account or not, especially in high end raiding. People try out for guilds, know if you're terrible or not, and then it's up to them whether you stay or not. It's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, and you would just be creating more work for the GMs if they were to police every single person trading/selling accounts when there is no reason to.

azeth
03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Just to clarify, these account transaction do not involve REAL MONEY, for anyone new and posting on this thread. Obviously, RMT transactions go on in almost every online video game. However the character trades permitted here are bought/sold for in game currency.

My only problem with the whole issue is that from Guild Recruiter standpoint I just need to dig into applications a bit to determine the source of the toon.

Droop
03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Just to clarify, these account transaction do not involve REAL MONEY, for anyone new and posting on this thread. Obviously, RMT transactions go on in almost every online video game. However the character trades permitted here are bought/sold for in game currency.

My only problem with the whole issue is that from Guild Recruiter standpoint I just need to dig into applications a bit to determine the source of the toon.

Ya'll let me in so you obviously aren't very good at screening applicants ;).

It's also pretty obvious if someone doesn't know how to play their class and they tend to not get invites to groups/good guilds/etc.

I will RMT my character for 20k...cash, no Paypal, checks, or money orders accepted. 20k in US Dollars, cash. This amazing deal expires at midnight tonight ;). I'll give 5k to the devs and they'll let this one slide haha.

Gorgetrapper
03-10-2011, 04:42 PM

If you honestly think that RMT doesn't go on, you need to get out of under that rock.

azeth
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
If you honestly think that RMT doesn't go on, you need to get out of under that rock.

lol?

Kassel
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM
LOL @ Gorgetrapper

Psionide
03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I think people just get so excited to get on here and rip someone for some reason that they don't even read the post.

Uthgaard
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Sure some people still try to RMT. Then when the ban catches up to them they whine and cry and make silly threats like this one:

You guys are running a professional server here why cant i get a professional repondse regarding my account status and what happened too it?

If this is how you wanna run this i will be forced to contact Sony regarding this matter and tell them you guys are infact selling account for real life money since im being treated so poorly.

Guess if this is how you run project 99 i will then also be unprofessional and lets see what sony thinks about losing money..

If you do it, the banhammer will catch up with you. And if you're stupid enough to make the mistake of threatening the server, don't be surprised when you find that the ban is the least of your worries.

Asher
03-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Sure some people still try to RMT. Then when the ban catches up to them they whine and cry and make silly threats like this one:

If you do it, the banhammer will catch up with you. And if you're stupid enough to make the mistake of threatening the server, don't be surprised when you find that the ban is the least of your worries.

There is punishment beyond the ban hammer?

/shiver

Asher

StinkyGreenBud
03-10-2011, 06:00 PM
There is punishment beyond the ban hammer?

/shiver

Asher

Lawsuits.

Asher
03-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Lawsuits.

While I am sure there are cases where lawsuits are possible I don't think:

You guys are running a professional server here why cant i get a professional repondse regarding my account status and what happened too it?

If this is how you wanna run this i will be forced to contact Sony regarding this matter and tell them you guys are infact selling account for real life money since im being treated so poorly.

Guess if this is how you run project 99 i will then also be unprofessional and lets see what sony thinks about losing money..

is one of them.

Asher

Anderdale
03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
ohh Cyrano how much for your account? I can offer my chode and 11 plat.

Kassel
03-10-2011, 06:41 PM
To be fair and no offense is meant, this is not a "professional" server. Its a volunteer server where no fee is charged at any point.
If you want a "profesional" server, dial up Sony and give them your 15 bucks (if that even counts LAWL)
They are not looking for your "business" nilbog has stated more than once that he would do this even with zero players.

Cyrano
03-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I really don't care if people are trading or not. It doesn't concern me. Just requesting there be a separate forum made specifically for it.

Rennya
03-11-2011, 07:57 AM
but DA have had the most suspended accounts of any guild in p99's history. someones not doing their job properly?!?!