PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Race

MarcH
03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Suggestions? I had a pimpin' dwarf rog over on SoD and was really considering remaking my rog to dwf here too; but noticed they can't use hero bracer. I know that 1 item really shouldn't deter the entire class choice but 10 str would be nice (I know I can get the player crafted 5str/3dex bracers) especially since rog dmg is based on str ya? The starting STR they get is nice (I know barb's is better but I don't want a barb rogue). Any suggestions from top end rogues (or people with experience) would be appreciated. Also if you could toss in some logic behind your choice.

Gorgetrapper
03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Barb or dwarf. Higher str and sta, dex isn't an issue because dex only affects procs and you don't want that as a rogue until much much later.

Harrison
03-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Barbarian, slam, interrupts.

Dwarf otherwise, because Dwarves are the master race.

Cyrano
03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
You won't worry about procs much later on anyways, the bulk of your damage will always come from BS so long as you're able to get a decent weapon. This is compounded after Kunark releases once you get disciplines.

Whichever race you choose, STA is the hardest stat to max out and survival = more overall damage. Getting to 255 STR raid buffed is cake and Kunark is only going to make this easier so I'd suggest going with either one and sinking all of your points in STA/STR.

Again the quicker you get your STR maxed the more you can spend gathering items with + STA and + HP (based on which gives you more overall HP).

If you don't care about raiding, just pick a race you like the look of. Remember you can always turn into a DE.

Leddy
03-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Halfling +XP!! :)

xnolanx
03-09-2011, 01:36 AM
i went halfling on my choice from creation as well.... and i too noticed the hero bracer halflings/ small sizes in general can't wear which was a major bum considering, i bought the bracer on my main...... tried to equip it, and couldn't and asked for a SERIOUS refund right there on the tunnel after i bought it seconds later... so believe me i feel you.. and i do notice a slight 10 or so damage higher than me in combat spam, but you just have to think about what you want to play and what race is your favorite... but also , im slightly drunk, i would play any class halfling just because it is 100% my favorite race of all

nemethor
03-09-2011, 02:08 AM
never understood how anyone could play a halfling or dwarf. they're fucking midgets.

nemethor
03-09-2011, 02:08 AM
gnomes on the other hand

Leddy
03-09-2011, 02:11 AM
never understood how anyone could play a halfling or dwarf. they're fucking midgets.

Yea, but they aren't scary like irl midgets.

nemethor
03-09-2011, 02:25 AM
they're sexy like little children

Hasbinbad
03-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Barbarian are the best race for rogue by far because of slam and the ability to use throwing boulders.. Barb and Dwarf have similar starting stats, put your points into stamina and what's left into str. I chose dwarf knowing all this, because of roll jump.

Roll jump FTFW.

(I have a barbarian twink rogue)

Randy
03-09-2011, 03:51 AM
I'm not a roleplayer or anything but I always thought Barb Rogue was a pretty ridiculous notion. Giant guy sneaking around, not being seen and such. Just goofy.

Anyhow, others have given useful info.

Hasbinbad
03-09-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm not a roleplayer or anything but I always thought Barb Rogue was a pretty ridiculous notion. Giant guy sneaking around, not being seen and such. Just goofy.

Anyhow, others have given useful info.
Sneaking around is only a small part of what makes an Everquest rogue an Everquest rogue. There's also the part about wielding a giant spear and slamming it into your opponent as hard as possible in the 4th intercostal space just to the left of the spinal column..

Also, much like gypsies, barbarians are sneaky and not to be trusted. Give me your tears.

senna
03-09-2011, 04:31 AM
I was a dwarf on live but I always regretted not making him a a gnome, because it was the hardest illusion mask to get on my server

Pyrocat
03-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Half elf rogue for starting near EC and having awesome plate graphic look.

Dwarf rogue for rolljump.

Gnome rogue for being a god damn gnome fucking rogue man, they're awesome! Have you seen a gnome in full Mrylokar? You'd spring a chubby right now I tell you what. Plus when you run since you're so low to the ground it seems like you're moving faster than larger races how awesome is that?

Mcbard
03-09-2011, 06:54 AM
I support the notion laid forth by both Hasbinbad and Pyrocat that looking sweet and doing sweet ass things like rolling when you jump is by far the most important aspect when choosing which race to be. Go with what looks good and you'll never regret it in this game. Style is everything.

Edit: Best looking bard this side of Norrath if I do say so myself. Really need some gold gloves though, ugh.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/901/eq000160.jpg

tj218
03-09-2011, 07:25 AM
I went Half-Elf. Decent stats + not as androgynous looking as wood-elves. But I am not a min/maxer. Plus half-elves seemed to fit the role of a Rogue (outcast but not KoS in both human and elf towns)

Barb: the lack of night/infravision is a real pain especially during CR.

Dwarf: I can't stand always looking up at mobs, or staring at their ankles. (Backstab= Achilles Tendon stab)

Gnome: 'Nuff said.

Dark Elf: Would be fun, just too much of the world is closed off to darkies. Plus my main on live (Vallon Zek) was a dark elf so I felt I had seen most of those regions.

Akim
03-09-2011, 07:27 AM
BARBARIANS for slam and natural str,
or half elf for pure coolness.

NZV
03-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Half elves easily look the best in chain and plate. All you need to know. My robocop hat with custom speed fins tells you I mean business.

Dr4z3r
03-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Anything other than Dark Elf, really. And that's only because every rogue is also a Dark Elf, after picking up Guise.

hateshadow
03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Human?

Hasbinbad
03-09-2011, 01:58 PM
You guys really think half elf looks cool in plate?

http://www.gay.com

Dravingar
03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Halfling or Dwarf, I prefer halfling for the gnarly mustache.

Versus
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
I just want to say that I originally thought that this thread was going to be about an actual foot race limited to rogues only.

Hasbinbad
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I just want to say that I originally thought that this thread was going to be about an actual foot race limited to rogues only.
rofl so did i

Dantes
03-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Or the race to the first rogue epic.

azeth
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Or the race to the first rogue epic.

this is going to be miserable, almost exclusively because a fkin erudite wants Milk.

Mcbard
03-09-2011, 08:22 PM
rofl so did i

I admit that I did as well. :(

audacity
03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
I admit that I did as well. :(

You're all n00bs for thinking so!

Okay, so did I :(

Ronas
03-09-2011, 09:20 PM
I thought gonna be a race to level 60

Rejuvenation
03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Halflings, Gnomes, and Dwarves are naturally better at hiding and sneaking...They can hide behind small shrubs and behind tall-folk.

Dark elves are extra sneaky at night due to their blue-ness.

Humans and Barbarians are bad, because they can't see...so they trip over the legs of tables and knock over dishes...making a huge racket and drawing all of the attention to themselves.

Other races need no mention.