PDA

View Full Version : What are the biggest gameplay changes with Kunark?

shuklak
03-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Aside from the fact that loot and new exp zones are becoming available, what are the big gameplay changes that come with Kunark?

What I mean are things like the level cap to 60, pretty sure rogues get double backstab... things like that. It's just been too long to recall much of it.

Mojorisin
03-10-2011, 01:56 AM
I think disciplines are introduced, and taunt will work on higher con mobs. That's all I got.

gnomishfirework
03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
I think higher level mobs start to summon in kunark.

SwordNboard
03-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Aside from the obvious and previously stated, there is a small thing I'd like to point out. The dungeon design changed a bit with Kunark with more fatally positioned patrols and more named mobs that actually take a strong trio or group.

Gorgetrapper
03-10-2011, 02:39 AM
More actual difficulty because of new mob abilities.
Warriors being more useful.
Mages getting knocked down a peg or two.
Bards have fun with selo's song of travel
Disciplines
Less zone crowding (to a point, zones like seb are going to be raped for weeks)

Kunark just basically expands the game to about double its size, it really does so much to just post about it.

Chrushev
03-10-2011, 03:50 AM
More actual difficulty because of new mob abilities.
Warriors being more useful.
Mages getting knocked down a peg or two.
Bards have fun with selo's song of travel
Disciplines
Less zone crowding (to a point, zones like seb are going to be raped for weeks)

Kunark just basically expands the game to about double its size, it really does so much to just post about it.

double the size? i thought it increased it maybe by 20% or so if you take into acount all vanilla zones vs kunark zones.

Gorgetrapper
03-10-2011, 07:08 AM
double the size? i thought it increased it maybe by 20% or so if you take into acount all vanilla zones vs kunark zones.

Well see it as this way. Classic had 49 zones roughly not including cities. Kunark adds 24 zones not including Cabilis.

So yeah, it may not be "doublee" but it's at least 50% is what I probably meant instead.

Messianic
03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Well see it as this way. Classic had 49 zones roughly not including cities. Kunark adds 24 zones not including Cabilis.

So yeah, it may not be "doublee" but it's at least 50% is what I probably meant instead.

Kunark adds a particular amount of content to the 20+ game. LoIO sustains a LOT of players, as does OT/FM/FV/DL for the 29-45ish crowd.

But the biggest improvement is for the 45+ crowd. KC/Seb/Chardok/Charasis/Skyfire/BW/EJ/TT/ add a TON of options, where OOT/Oasis (8 spec spawns, whooptee doo)/Lguk/Sol B/Guard or NPC camping were really your only options for killing junk. And let's not forget the hole, which comes a short time after Kunark launch.

Kunark really builds the 40+ game into an awesomely diverse set of places to kill junk and get phat lewtz.

Swindle
03-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Also a LOT more undead to kill. Great for necros, clerics, and pally's.

Shamalam
03-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Kunark adds a particular amount of content to the 20+ game. LoIO sustains a LOT of players, as does OT/FM/FV/DL for the 29-45ish crowd.

But the biggest improvement is for the 45+ crowd. KC/Seb/Chardok/Charasis/Skyfire/BW/EJ/TT/ add a TON of options, where OOT/Oasis (8 spec spawns, whooptee doo)/Lguk/Sol B/Guard or NPC camping were really your only options for killing junk. And let's not forget the hole, which comes a short time after Kunark launch.

Kunark really builds the 40+ game into an awesomely diverse set of places to kill junk and get phat lewtz.

You just got me so excited for this. Do we really have to wait another TWO WEEKS?!?!

Wotsirb401
03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
It opens up a bunch of raid bosses/ world dragons. This helps the high end raiding guilds to stop fighting each other over one 1-3 zones on a nightly basis. More loot for everyone and less aggro towards other guilds

Messianic
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Oh, I forgot City of Mist ;)

Felizcat
03-10-2011, 06:34 PM
What's going to happen with Naggy and Lady Vox? Will they have a level 52 cap?

shuklak
03-10-2011, 07:02 PM
What's going to happen with Naggy and Lady Vox? Will they have a level 52 cap?
Something tells me in old eq the level cap was put in after people over 52 were farming them.

And thanks for all the replies.

Mcbard
03-10-2011, 09:48 PM
The level restriction on the dragons was added a few months into Kunark.

Noselacri
03-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Don't forget epics.

stormlord
03-13-2011, 09:49 PM
You mean gameplay hazards? I'm allergic to lizard monks.

KilyenaMage
03-14-2011, 03:44 AM
The Kunark zones are actually challenging.

Moving deep into Karnor's...let alone Old Seb or Howling Stones....requires a well-balanced, well-coordinated group.

Overall I think Kunark is just infinitely better in terms of risk vs. reward; and the result is FUUNNNN!!!!!!!!

Messianic
03-14-2011, 11:24 AM
The Kunark zones are actually challenging.

nilbog
03-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Melee get better, with better gear and casters say wtf did prekunark go??

aggresor223
03-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Apparently all Damage shield time were reduced to a minute? or two? druid dots don't stack, and focus items seem to not work =D yayz.

Wotsirb401
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah the damage shield reduction does suck, I can remember ds's not lasting very long in classic. It just makes it more realistic

moklianne
03-14-2011, 09:29 PM
It is what it is. I play a Druid and while it sucks, I want an original classic experience. There are other servers for non-classic custom stuff.

To the OP: I remember Kunark being scary as shit. Meaning...risk is higher at lower levels. Many seeinvis mobs along common paths. Those damn see invis spiders that run as fast as sow come to mind in FV right away.

With higher risk, so comes the stronger feeling of accomplishment.

Chrushev
03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
The DS reduction really is sucking... its not even lasting 1 fight for me at lvl 12. Lets hope at lvl 50 they last at least 5 min?