PDA

View Full Version : Enchanters in kunark?

Sorrow*qc
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
How good is an enchanter in Kunark? i am looking at our 51-60 spells and im kinda sad when i look at our new spells

redghosthunter
03-10-2011, 04:03 PM
You'r Mana Regen is in HIGH demand

Phallax
03-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Clarity will always be in demands and the harder the mobs the more mez is desired
I thinks Encs just get better and better each exp since mobs difficulty scaling is always so much higher per exp

Psionide
03-10-2011, 04:41 PM
well in velious they take a bit of a hit but they will always be in demand.

Itchybottom
03-10-2011, 06:38 PM
If the resist rates are adjusted to live from the era, you will be able to solo most of Howling Stones (with more risk than a necromancer), Droga, and some of Old Sebilis with a bit of risk. There is just no room to animation kite things in there, without creating a big train. While necromancers can explore these areas more safely, holding onto their pet for dear life and feigning at the moment that something goes wrong -- you are better off (when alone) relying on mez, getting to a safe spot and camping to clear aggro as you travel forward. Then setting up shop with a charmed pet and some toys (gnoll hide lariets, generate a decent amount of hate) and shrugging off melee damage on light charm breaks with Rune V. You can also solo up to the library in Chardok without much trouble (especially if you grab a slaveblock or whipcracker)

Group-wise, if you can keep track of your mez timers, you'll be a better asset than a shaman in most dungeon crawling scenarios.

shuklak
03-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I played an enc during Kunark's prime and I was always heavily sought after for exp groups. This was a long time ago, of course, but I know as an ENC I made a lot of groups/camps doable or many fold easier. I mostly leveled in Karnors and then Seb, and they're pretty fun zones.

Boomlaor
03-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Kunark was the heyday of the "holy trinity" (war, cle, ench) for groups.

Chicka
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Kunark was the heyday of the "holy trinity" (war, cle, ench) for groups.

^
|
this

In places like seb, if these three classes were not in the group (war more easily subbed), people were often not willing to even try.

I remember Kunark as the period where people took the mini/max BS to the extreme and seemed unable to deviate, or even contemplate there might be other ways to get exp.

We might see a different story on this server (I hope!), due to a) more experienced people, b) a higher average skill level.

Ruinous
03-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Played ENC during Kunark / Velious era as well. They were ALWAYS highly sought after during Kunark. Got into all the best Sebs groups because CC was primo with the addition of more dangerous spawn patters + roamers so you should never have a problem getting xp groups.

I had quite a bit of fun during the Velious era as well, though more so because of the raid content. Charm DPS on raids in Kael always made things enjoyable!

Boomlaor
03-10-2011, 10:51 PM
They are also the key to the most fun type of grouping there is: the PBAE group.

guineapig
03-10-2011, 11:03 PM
If the resist rates are adjusted to live from the era, you will be able to solo most of Howling Stones (with more risk than a necromancer), Droga, and some of Old Sebilis with a bit of risk. There is just no room to animation kite things in there, without creating a big train. While necromancers can explore these areas more safely, holding onto their pet for dear life and feigning at the moment that something goes wrong -- you are better off (when alone) relying on mez, getting to a safe spot and camping to clear aggro as you travel forward. Then setting up shop with a charmed pet and some toys (gnoll hide lariets, generate a decent amount of hate) and shrugging off melee damage on light charm breaks with Rune V. You can also solo up to the library in Chardok without much trouble (especially if you grab a slaveblock or whipcracker)

Group-wise, if you can keep track of your mez timers, you'll be a better asset than a shaman in most dungeon crawling scenarios.

Not sure why you got banned but this is a pretty darn good write-up.

Jarnin
03-11-2011, 12:53 AM
They are also the key to the most fun type of grouping there is: the PBAE group.
Yes! Prior to level 55ish you need two chanters to do really big pulls (25+), but I've done PBAE groups with just three people; 1 wiz, 1 chanter and 1 cleric at 60. Used to farm AAs in Chardok pulling around 10-20ish mobs. I think my personal best was 44 in a full group, but I'm sure people who were AEing in The Grey had their pulls in the 70's or 80's.

Anort
03-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Speaking on Enchanter spells on the wiki.project1999 site it says you can get Breeze in East Commonlands and Firiona Vie. Back on live I think I got it in FV anyone confirm you can buy it in EC after kunark comes out?

DevGrousis
03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Speaking on Enchanter spells on the wiki.project1999 site it says you can get Breeze in East Commonlands and Firiona Vie. Back on live I think I got it in FV anyone confirm you can buy it in EC after kunark comes out?

get to 29 for Clarity ya lazy ars ;D jk, i'm sure the devs will be on top of the spell distribution, and all of the spells will be where they are supposed to be :D

shuklak
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I wasn't entirely in the know back then I'm sure, but I thought you could only get it in Kunark.

Aprio
03-12-2011, 09:15 AM
I wasn't entirely in the know back then I'm sure, but I thought you could only get it in Kunark.

Correct you get it in Firiona Vie or The Overthere if you're evil. The EC vendor wasn't added till later.