PDA

View Full Version : Beta Patch V0.9 (3/11/2011)

Uthgaard
03-11-2011, 11:16 PM
We are currently in mandatory beta. This means that the live server is in a state of reduced functionality only to allow the use of the /beta command. Log into the beta server to play.

Rogean-Src-Increased NPC/Pet Aggro a little bit (Again).
Rogean-Src-Added a slight amount of bonus hate to give mobs a preference for entities in their melee range over those who aren't, as well as whoever they are currently attacking. This can be tuned further but let me know how it works.
Rogean-Src-NPC's will now be able to finish casting a spell without line of sight, but will still be interrupted if out of range. They will still require line of sight to their target to begin the cast, and line of sight will still be checked for area effects.
Uthgaard/Rogean-Boats-The Maiden's Voyage returns: Speak to Young Doctor Thorren to test the boats. (The Bloated Belly is floating around out there too but it's ugly.)
Uthgaard/Kanras-Src-Fatigue Implemented
Uthgaard-Src-"Six Level Limit" for casting resists. (a mob higher than 1.25 times caster level will always resist), which made it possible for:
Uthgaard-Spells-Lifetaps will now only resist when outside the level limit.
Uthgaard-Spells-Rogue poisons scale by the strength of the concoction, ranks removed.
Uthgaard-Spells-Focus effects work again.
Uthgaard-Spells-Level caps restored to charms and mezzes.
Uthgaard/Haynar-Spells/Src-Harm Touch will scale higher after level 40.
Uthgaard-DB-Minor, regular, greater potions of blah now provide the appropriate potency of effect; the items themselves no longer stack.
Uthgaard-DB-Kunark spells brought back down into the npc spellsets. Targetted aoes return to the wizard arsenal as well.
Uthgaard-Query-Coin lost to the item valuation bug will be in your bank when the live server comes back up.
Haynar-Src-Fix for duplicate items showing on merchants, that share merchant item lists with other merchants in the same zone.
Haynar-Src-Mobs will now update their positions when initially feared
Haynar-Src-Detrimental spells will aggro pets better
Haynar-Src-Adjusted position updates for NPCs so they dont jump so much as they move
Haynar-Src-More Z fixes for NPCs. Big improvements, for big mobs.
Haynar-Src-Bash will stun for a duration again.
Haynar-Src-Fixes for click level on items that are expended.
Haynar-Src-Spell Resist adjustments for clients
Haynar-Src-Pathing fixes.
nilbog-script-OT Dragoon patrol implemented

Be sure you get the latest spell file for the beta server here (http://www.project1999.org/files/spells_beta.zip). Helpful instructions are here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=214115&postcount=3). If you are using Windows 7 and your install path is in your Program Files directory, you will need to delete the existing spell file before you can move the new one in.

As a reminder for those of you who have not spent a lot of time on the beta server, East Commonlands near the shady swashbuckler is the center of operations - the three NPCs listed below reside here. It will be beneficial to bind here. Minimal customer service is provided, so familiarize yourself with the tools available to you. Here is a quick summary of the self-help tools on the beta server:

Old Man Thorren: Teleportation to any Kunark zone that is available for beta testing.
Young Thorren: Scribes spells for casters; provides melees with items to gate and bind; provides anyone with a rez kit (corpse summon and 96% rez); teleportation to docks to test the boats.
The Safe Spot: Experimental pvp event assistant. Will refill your mana, bind you, and remove pvp upon entering its radius or flag you for pvp upon request.

***If Old Man Thorren doesn't teleport you, you botched your install and are missing the correct files. Best case scenario, you will need to copy the files over from your install disc, worst case, you will need to reinstall.

Ezsefix
03-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Thanks for all the hard work, guys! I'm so freakin pumped about Kunark!

Boomlaor
03-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Uthgaard-Src-"Six Level Limit" for casting resists. (a mob higher than 1.25 times caster level will always resist), which made it possible for:

This isn't accurate. I know people talked about this back in the day, but I am 100% certain that I was lvl 44 and was in kael when a guild was killing Vindi. I wanted to cast on him to tag for faction. I clicked my staff of temperate flux a few times and it resisted. Just for the hell of it I loaded up enticement of flame, and it landed. I was lvl 44 exactly, and I landed a nuke on a lvl 70 mob.

Durkon/Boomlaor

Uthgaard
03-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Just once I'd like one of these patch notes to not descend into someone arguing about a change with anecdotes.

The hard level limit involving players casting on NPCs has been removed. This used to be referred to in EQ folklore as the "Six Level Limit" (It was actually 1.25 times the caster's level, but more people likely thought about it the other way.) (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020904.html) Directly from SOE. September 4, 2002.

I'm not going to argue about what you remember, whether you remember your level right, and whether or not it was before or after that change, it's mostly irrelevant anyway since that's a lure spell. The forums are filled with people who are 100% sure they remember things that are not completely accurate. The change is correct.

Thetan
03-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Great link you have there Uthgaard. If it's not, a link to that site should be stickied so people can look stuff up themselves.

Thetan
03-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Rogean-Src-NPC's will now be able to finish casting a spell without line of sight, but will still be interrupted if out of range. They will still require line of sight to their target to begin the cast, and line of sight will still be checked for area effects.

Is this mechanics change going to be both directions? So if I cast a spell while I have LoS and mob moves around a corner, does my spell land?

Uthgaard-Spells-Lifetaps will now only resist when outside the level limit.
I assume this includes lifetaps over time spells.

Haynar-Src-Detrimental spells will aggro pets better

Not sure what this means. Does it mean spells cast on a NPC that is engaged by my pet won't pull aggro most of the time?

Extunarian
03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
edit: i'm stupid

Intricus
03-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Not to challenge authority here or anythin', or complain about somethin, but i'm just curious, why is a change from September 2002 (nearly a year after Luclin was launched) being implimented on here, when Kunark hasn't even been open yet?

Just sayin'.

nilbog
03-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Not to challenge authority here or anythin', or complain about somethin, but i'm just curious, why is a change from September 2002 (nearly a year after Luclin was launched) being implimented on here, when Kunark hasn't even been open yet?

Just sayin'.

Read it again.

Intricus
03-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Oooooh I git it!

Deric
03-12-2011, 09:33 PM
[B]Uthgaard-Spells-Level caps restored to charms and mezzes.

So level cap for Bard mez is correct and permanent?

Akame
03-13-2011, 01:55 AM
So is a mob six levels below me going to always resist on me then?

dragolyche
03-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Ty for Work.

tristantio
03-15-2011, 11:50 AM
So is a mob six levels be low me going to always resist on me then?

I don't think it works like that, but I could be wrong.

staanaclaus
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Stop referring to six levels. It is a myth. You will probably not always resist a mobs spells if you are above the x1.25 threshold.