PDA

View Full Version : Server down :( How long

twizztid
03-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I just got on the server and it said it's going down in 1 minute! I quickly ask how long it's going to be down and I hear 24 hours?.. Seriously? Or was I being messed with.

Anyone know how long it will be down?

Killua
03-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Mandatory beta, server "down" for 24hours, but somehow the data will be available for doing the /beta command, not sure how that's going to work.

Mcbard
03-11-2011, 11:38 PM

Killua
03-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I just meant how are they keeping people from trying to do stuff.

twizztid
03-11-2011, 11:49 PM

K did that, nothing happened except it said yayyy go ahead and test.... yet im sitting in EC with no mobs n no people... what do I do next lol

Killua
03-12-2011, 12:03 AM
You log into the beta server =P

baalzy
03-12-2011, 12:21 AM
No mobs are popped & you cant cross zone lines on the p99 server. That's how they keep peeps from doing stuff. Suppose you could sit and cast or something for skillups maybe though.

Mcbard
03-12-2011, 02:27 AM
No mobs are popped & you cant cross zone lines on the p99 server. That's how they keep peeps from doing stuff. Suppose you could sit and cast or something for skillups maybe though.

Not sure that would work, I know my bard songs weren't working!

twizztid
03-12-2011, 03:09 AM

Plus I think all your efforts reset so that would just waste time.

Bruno
03-12-2011, 04:30 AM
I'm the only one on the server with a lvl 1 pally? I can't be that drunk.

beaon
03-12-2011, 10:46 PM
No one answered the question of the OP. I checked the announcement post again and didn't see an ETA. I also saw no mention of "24 hours" as previous posters stated.

The announcement is titled "Beta Patch V0.9 (3/11/2011)" which to me 3/11 was yesterday. Stating that the mandatory beta will be up for 24 hours(Where is this stated?) is useless without a from and to time. 24 hours from when?

I also searched and found nothing. Does anyone have an answer for the OP? Sorry to sound antsy.

Uthgaard
03-12-2011, 11:08 PM
It will be up when it's up. There is no ETA.

Koltek
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Me and a friend just installed and started playing EQ for the first time in many many years only to find the server down, any chances you will open the live server for players under level 20 or something so we can play any time soon? :)

beaon
03-12-2011, 11:55 PM

Thanks. :)

Gorgetrapper
03-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Me and a friend just installed and started playing EQ for the first time in many many years only to find the server down, any chances you will open the live server for players under level 20 or something so we can play any time soon? :)

No, because then the server would just have 500 lvl 1s running around as if the server just opened up for the first time.

Pyrocat
03-13-2011, 12:00 AM

Play beta, you can start new iksars there

It's on the server list as Project 1999 Kunark Beta

Killua
03-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Yeah, they never really said 24hr, but they said something along the lines of "It will be back up tomorrow evening".

Arayus
03-13-2011, 12:25 AM

Am I reading "Animal Farm"? The server message posted last night clearly stated it would return tonight. That would be an estimated time.

I'm just getting to that "scratchin' for my crack" point now. Fiance is out of town for the weekend and I have nothing else to do. I've played around some in beta but the global chat has devolved into BarrensChat version 2. Came to the server about 3 or 4 weeks ago and am trying to get a move on before actual expansion drops. I can't remember enough about my old EQ days to be useful in beta testing, and anything I have found being glitchy has already been brought to your attention. Basically I feel useless in beta, and unable to go dungeon crawling with friends.. What a great Saturday night.

Splorf22
03-13-2011, 12:28 AM

It's your server and you can do whatever you want with it. But I think you'd do better with some sort of public goal rather than passively trying to wait people out. For example, if you said 'We'll turn the main server back on after 100 legitimate Kunark bugs are fixed and not before, even if it takes 2 weeks' I think the beta population would double in a few hours. We EQ players are just goal oriented achiever types.

Rilen
03-13-2011, 12:40 AM
It's your server and you can do whatever you want with it. But I think you'd do better with some sort of public goal rather than passively trying to wait people out. For example, if you said 'We'll turn the main server back on after 100 legitimate Kunark bugs are fixed and not before, even if it takes 2 weeks' I think the beta population would double in a few hours. We EQ players are just goal oriented achiever types.

/thread

That's seriously it.

Give me a list of bugs, broken quests, bad zones. I'd be all over it. What I'm not going to do is delve through 100's of threads trying to identify trouble areas, or run around the world playing popular content already tested by 500 people.

I need achievable goals outlined somewhere. Give me purpose.

Vendar
03-13-2011, 12:50 AM
/thread

That's seriously it.

Give me a list of bugs, broken quests, bad zones. I'd be all over it. What I'm not going to do is delve through 100's of threads trying to identify trouble areas, or run around the world playing popular content already tested by 500 people.

i miss you buddy

Mehrk
03-13-2011, 12:56 AM
/thread

That's seriously it.

Out of curiosity, why do you think they would have a mandatory beta when they already know all of the bugs and glitches? /thread my ass. More like /derp.

Verenity
03-13-2011, 01:09 AM

^ This

Pyrocat
03-13-2011, 01:10 AM
What I'm not going to do is delve through 100's of threads trying to identify trouble areas, or run around the world playing popular content already tested by 500 people.

Dalnir needs testing, check pathing, named and PHs, appopriate spells being cast, appropriate loot dropped by right mobs.

Test the iksar class questlines (shaman cudgel, warrior pike .etc .etc)

Try and get a goblin bodyguard to spawn in Droga (I have yet to see him)

Explore rarely traveled parts of zones that aren't popular. Look for pathing mistakes, double spawns, mobs stuck in the floor, anything out of the ordinary.

and everything listed here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=224961&postcount=1

Pyrocat
03-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Test aggro mechanics, test chardok, test mage pet focuses, test AE spells

Pokeman
03-13-2011, 01:17 AM
will test Chardok on lvl 11 main :cool:

Pyrocat
03-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Test out spell resistances, test out rogue poisons, test out dot stacking, test charming caster mobs in a group setting, test out newly changed mechanics (see patch notes) and try and combine those mechanics with other mechanics that may break them. Example:

# Uthgaard-Spells-Lifetaps will now only resist when outside the level limit.
what about weapon procs lifetaps? Try giving pets tentacle whips or deadwood staves and see if they get resisted. Is it based on the owners level, or the pets level?

or

# Haynar-Src-Bash will stun for a duration again.
What happens you bash a mob that's just been stunned with Whirl Till You Hurl? Does it overwrite the stun? Does it add to duration?

or

# Rogean-Src-NPC's will now be able to finish casting a spell without line of sight, but will still be interrupted if out of range. They will still require line of sight to their target to begin the cast, and line of sight will still be checked for area effects.
Test this out on a variety of casting NPCs

or

# Rogean-Src-Added a slight amount of bonus hate to give mobs a preference for entities in their melee range over those who aren't, as well as whoever they are currently attacking. This can be tuned further but let me know how it works.
just test this out, since it was specifically requested.

Pyrocat
03-13-2011, 01:20 AM
will test Chardok on lvl 11 main :cool:

Test kurns, see if the appropriate named mobs are spawning or if the entrance mobs are too high level, or if they are dropping the right items (rusty vs finely crafted .etc) for their level.

Lagaidh
03-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Thanks Pyrocat

stonebeard22
03-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Pyrocat I got 2 bodyguards to spawn today, not sure when you were there but about 7 hours on and off with afk myself. And both actually droppped the CoS.

Pokeman
03-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Test kurns, see if the appropriate named mobs are spawning or if the entrance mobs are too high level, or if they are dropping the right items (rusty vs finely crafted .etc) for their level.

too late, the blood is on your hands

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3333/2late.png (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/2late.png/)

King
03-13-2011, 01:58 AM

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3333/2late.png (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/2late.png/)

Actually Lol'd.

Marrhault
03-13-2011, 02:13 AM

epic post thanks!

Pyrocat
03-13-2011, 03:11 AM

http://www.emotioneric.com/killedbymyhands.jpg (http://www.emotioneric.com/)

AneurysmJones
03-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Dalnir needs testing, check pathing, named and PHs, appopriate spells being cast, appropriate loot dropped by right mobs.

Test the iksar class questlines (shaman cudgel, warrior pike .etc .etc)

Try and get a goblin bodyguard to spawn in Droga (I have yet to see him)

Explore rarely traveled parts of zones that aren't popular. Look for pathing mistakes, double spawns, mobs stuck in the floor, anything out of the ordinary.

and everything listed here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=224961&postcount=1

Not sure if this is the place for this but...

Cleared Dalnir last night with a group, nothing unexpected dropping, loot tables seem alright, got a fighting baton, some int/wis daggers, froglok crusher 2hb, some 7/28 1hb i think, some monk crescent gear all from the correct mobs.

Fought everything we could, cleared all three levels minus the church, Kly Overseer is a rapist, proc'd 500 dd PBAoE on me, not sure if my cold resist mitigated it or not as alla lists it as 700, wiped our group in maybe 15 seconds that was destroying every other mob nearly nonstop.

Problems

However, the sperm shaped mobs (forgetting their names, mostly floating sperm with teeth) have no aggro radius and do not aggro despite conning ready to attack, fighting mobs near them did not aggro them, they simply waited for us to attack them.

Mobs would sometimes disappear for roughly 5 seconds when they got around 10% ish, only happened 3 times on the third level though. Pathing seems okay other than that, can't say from experience, never played in Dalnir's in classic but other than that seemed okay.

group level range 30-35
group makeup cleric, chanter, 2 warriors, 1 monk, 1 ranger

milo2689
03-13-2011, 03:32 AM
IT HAS BEEN 24 hours !

Yuda
03-13-2011, 04:23 AM
I asked in OOC 30 mins ago and was told it the live server is almost ready to get back up again so I think it's just a lill more until we can log onto live.

Tief
03-13-2011, 05:06 AM
You people complaining that the live server isn't up really have some thinking to do.

You should feel good about helping search out some bugs, so that we may ALL enjoy ourselves on the server once the expansion has been launched. So you miss a day or two of playing your toon... Isn't that better than losing your xp, or heaven forbid, your corpse, due to a bug/glitch?

Suck it up, and thank the devs here for their hard work. They deserve our thanks, and respect for the job they do for us all, FREE!

parlay1
03-13-2011, 05:51 AM
it's up

Wudan
03-13-2011, 08:02 AM
down again-----omfg what a weekend

Vendar
03-13-2011, 08:04 AM
just down for a patch, itll be ok ;)

Rickey
03-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Bah how long tho son? sup venny poo

Yuda
03-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I tried to log onto live, it says it's 165 people online so i thought it is up. However my character is not available.
Is this the case for everyone or I am just unlucky here and only parts of the players are available?

Please make fun of me if I am wrong, hehe.

Neryn
03-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I tried to log onto live, it says it's 165 people online so i thought it is up. However my character is not available.
Is this the case for everyone or I am just unlucky here and only parts of the players are available?

Please make fun of me if I am wrong, hehe.

Try installing the latest version of the spell files.

Yuda
03-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks Neryn, it worked!