PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Place

SwordNboard
02-13-2010, 01:18 AM
What was/is your favorite place in EQ from classic to Velious? Doesn't matter if it's a zone, certain camp, random spot in the most desolate part of a zone; just post it and your reason(s) why. Don't be afraid of admitting where you wish you could have lived when you got older. :P

I'd have to say, personally, that my favorite place was Western Commonlands. Stupid, I know, but I used to camp the toll booth guards for hours with my Wood Elf Druid and Iksar Monk back in the way-day. Not to mention, the beloved Befallen wasn't too far away.

Tristin
02-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Fironia Vie. Central to Kunark and old world. Good whiskey.

utenan
02-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Favorite place will always be the ec tunnel in its prime, the heart of EQ imo

L2Phantom
02-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Kelethin

axius
02-13-2010, 01:27 AM
You have entered Estate of Unrest.

Virtuosos
02-13-2010, 01:31 AM
South Karana, night time there was fantastic....huge sky and not-that-bad scenary...i am also rather prone to the dreadlands o.O

Wikipedia2
02-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Thurgadin for chilling out... haha it's a pun... get it... it's cold...

LazyFuj
02-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Disable /auction and /ooc worldwide and bring back EC Tunnel!!!!

Alprazolam
02-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Selling my soul, and everything on me at t2!

Taluvill
02-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Lake of Ill Omen.

Spent Many many many many levels there. All the way from 15-20ish to 35 or 40 if i remember right.

Was amazing, and the sarnak castle was rediculous

Tristin
02-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Thurgadin for chilling out... haha it's a pun... get it... it's cold...

icwutudidthar!

Samuel
02-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Kael, I think. It felt wide open and was fun to pull, even as a shaman.

Alprazolam
02-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Kael was soo good :).

SwordNboard
02-13-2010, 05:12 AM
...i am also rather prone to the dreadlands o.O

Ewgh. How? lol

nilbog
02-13-2010, 10:47 AM
The top of the tower of frozen shadow: bungee jumping. I played a magician at the time..

-Start casting coth.
-Have someone count to 5 and jump off

http://i47.tinypic.com/krpyv.jpg

Brut
02-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Imma never managed to climb TOFS, levi'd almost to top, but couldn't get further. =<

Great Divide & Eastern Wastes to me. The feel of your first run to Velious, up the dragon skeleton bridge and off to hail that coldain who'd then get ganked by a dozen angry giants... Awesome stuff. Esp when you're in your early 20s and people suggest that you get out of the continent before you die. =p

Otto
02-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I liked bug pulling Findlegrob's pet in Rathe MTS. on live.

I liked Highpass because it was the coolest lowbie zone.

I liked lguk because I lived there for so long on 3 different toons.

I liked old sebilis because it was like lguk but more advanced and cooler and harder... plus the crypt was so mysterious to me back then.

But above all of those wonderful places, the whole continent of Velious just wins. The place was so new and wonderful. The moment I got to Iceclad... the moment I saw that first axe with the ice blade (wasn't a frostbringer, was a trash item)... the moment I began mooching buffs from everyone in Thurgadin and soloing all the trash in the mines for RIDICULOUS experience...

God. That continent wins everquest, period.

Yilza Moosik
02-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I loved Sebilis. Cool camps and juggs were really fun to do with 1 group. Good times there. Looking forward to doing it again.

Craige83
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Ill always love NtoV cause that was really my first experience of actual multi-target raiding. And I will never forget trying, unsuccesfully I might add, to get to the Kobold Area of Velks and slipping off to my demise!

Spud
02-13-2010, 02:41 PM
I think i may have to say High pass/high keep is definitely one of my favorite areas. Had some awesome memories from there on live The gnoll and orc camps in highpass were awesome and when you get to about 20 you can start killing goblins in HK. You can bind in HK and the bank is right there! its like paradise

The fact that Highpass is barren and ZEM is awful in HK makes me miss the live/classic zone more.

Fironia Vie. Central to Kunark and old world. Good whiskey.

lol

drplump
02-13-2010, 02:44 PM
I agree BRING BACK HK

Murphy
02-13-2010, 05:02 PM
HHKeep, no question

Madbart
02-13-2010, 05:51 PM
if you are a ranger ... Loading page

L2Phantom
02-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Highkeep was pretty cool, why does no one go there on this server?

odizzido
02-13-2010, 06:03 PM
lavastorm

Finawin
02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Highkeep was pretty cool, why does no one go there on this server?

Due to an exploit that isn't readily able to be fixed, experience is nerfed by 90% in HHK.

karsten
02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
btw i could be incorrect on this but my understanding was that it was only the bank area mobs that were nerfed, and not the orcs/gnolls outside

just an fyi for some of the 16-20 peeps

Goobles
02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Due to an exploit that isn't readily able to be fixed, experience is nerfed by 90% in HHK.

Make guards hit for 1bil = fixed.

That will teach people to fuck with the guards. Thanks Deano for getting HHK nerfed.

guineapig
02-13-2010, 09:49 PM
btw i could be incorrect on this but my understanding was that it was only the bank area mobs that were nerfed, and not the orcs/gnolls outside

I leveled outside for a couple levels and the exp seemed fine. They are different zones after all and only HighKeep has ever been mentioned in the nerf. (I started playing after the Highkeep nerf.)

Uaellaen
02-13-2010, 10:01 PM
old sebilis, all time favorite ... NToV coming in second and 3rd place yellinaks chamber

Spud
02-13-2010, 11:42 PM

yea im pretty sure your right, just Highkeep is nerfed not Highpass.

RyoGTO
02-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Favorite Zones:

classic - highkeep (although not on this server since it is busted up)
kunark - sebilis
velious - skyshrine

Zordana
02-14-2010, 09:31 AM
i loved HHK and i would still love it, if it wasnt nerfed so hard :(

Qi0
02-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Thinking back on the countless hours I spent in places like Blackburrow, Crushbone, Mistmoore, Highpass, Sol a/b, Guk, Karnor's, Chardok, and more, I somehow feel that my favorite place is actually one I spent very little time in:

The library in Sleeper's with the scholarly wyverns looking at globes of Norrath.

I always thought that put a bit of perspective on exactly what path your average EQ raider was going down. There are these moments they throw in every now and then to make you ask yourself what your goal in killing all of these powerful creatures is anyway. It's all fun and games when we kill goblins and kobolds, but what happens when you're killing extremely smart and cognizant creatures at the request of a crazy dragon-ghost who wants to awaken a pissed off uberdragon that might just destroy the world? Even most dark elves would object to that kind of madness.

Hell, I still couldn't even kill Klandi with a good conscience years later - and he was practically asking for it. But he did have awesome dialogue... "Oi, what is this? A gnome, if my tired old eyes aren't mistaken."

utenan
02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
What was nerfed about highkeep and why?

Spud
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
What was nerfed about highkeep and why?

Pyrocat
02-14-2010, 02:54 PM
It's a tie between Tower of Frozen Shadow and Howling Stones, even though I never got to spend much time there.

Old seb is a close second.

L2Phantom
02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I sure hope highkeep can get fixed, it seems a lot of people really liked that zone, myself included.

Scrooge
02-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Plane of Fear

Erasong
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
god there's a few that really did it for me.

NK and WK for that epic fantasy game feel. the little houses and a farmer really made this game feel.. "real" back in the day.

EC tunnel for the 1 world meeting place of sorts. Its like down town manhattan shopping time.

the stone bridge from NK to SK and the wood bridge from EK to NK. epic in size and stature imo.

the carved faces in the wall going down the ramp in EK. awesome for that "wow some ancient civilization did that. i wonder who?" feel.

chess board in BB for the same reason.

Old seb in kunark. the many rooms and the feel of the dungeon made it feel more like you were invading a frog starting zone then actually dungeon crawling which was kind of cool. need 1 more for disco 1!

the bone bridge deeper into Velious for the same reason as the karana ones.

Western waste for the danger and outdoor dragon feel of the place. what an amazing zone.

dragon necropolis. who doesnt fuckin like a DRAGON NECROPOLIS. do you guys even like fantasy stuff if you didnt enjoy this zone?!?!

Last im going to put down wakening lands and the plane of growth. i play a lot of darker things in fantasy but my first love will always be the ranger types and woodlands. Having a plane you could entire and see your god and it doesnt wanna kill you was cool too.

Elaidia.

Muerte
02-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Close tie between Blackburrow and North Karana.

Trimm
02-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Western Wastes was an amazing zone to me. In the days before maps getting lost in a huge zone with roaming DRAGONS was scary as hell. Grouping and killing the nesting dragons for armor was a blast too.

Virgis
02-15-2010, 02:03 PM
I didn't start until right when Kunark dropped, so my faves are somewhat skewed.
Classic: North Ro for the danger factor. So much random death in that zone when you get there as a lowbie. SG's, Dry Bones, Cazel, etc, all bunched up into a dense strip. I liked the zones that made you respect the world.
Kunark: Lake of Ill Omen. I spend so much time there, hard not to get nostalgic.
Velious: Crystal Caverns. I never did too many dungeon zones on Live, but I always thought CC was a cool zone design with some great variety. Even the way you got inside was pretty neat in it's own right.

guineapig
02-15-2010, 02:30 PM
The ramps in OT were chill and I leveled up many alts there.

My necro loved soloing outside of Dreadlands and I would keep my LFG tag up too. So I could take it it easy and be DPS for a group once in a while as a change of pace.

I think my new favorite place, at least for my chanter was KFC in SK. It was the only place I could effectively solo without charm in the 20-30 level range.

Muerte
02-15-2010, 03:43 PM
For kunark I have to say Skyfire Mountains and Sebelis.

Finawin
02-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Plane of Mischief is the best zone in any MMO, ever.

You all fail for not mentioning this.

guineapig
02-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Plane of Mischief is the best zone in any MMO, ever.

You all fail for not mentioning this.

This thread is about personal favorite zones. You fail :p

impen
02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
For Classic, I think Everfrost would have to be one of my favorite zones, just because my very first character was a Barbarian Shaman and that zone was a hell of a thing to deal with when trying to learn the game. I remember getting lost all the time and my brother getting mad at me for not being able to find my corpses or Halas fast enough so that I could log off and he could log on. He'd say things like, "Find a tree or something so you can get a point of reference for where you are!" and I'd say, "The zone is covered is snow, dude... there are no trees." Eventually he understood my difficulties when he ended up lost in the same frigid region when visiting there with his character. Good times...

For Kunark, I think Warsliks was high on my list. I spent a lot of time exploring there and always managed to find neat stuff to do there, from the Giant Fort to the Goblin establishments... Almost falling off the edge of the cliffs was pretty freaky, also, but it was way awesome to find the huge Iksar statues after following them for a while. I always wanted to get more into the mid-level dungeons on Kunark like Dalnir and Kaesora, but never really had an opportunity to. They always seemed really cool to me (especially Kaesora), so I'll be looking forward to exploring them this time around.

It sounds like some other folks on here had similar Velious experiences... I ventured there at like 3:00AM on a school night with my Shaman when he was like level 25, so I was very much out of my league. Someone told me I should kill Corudoth because he was a green con, then he started rocking my world and the people who egged me on were just like, "Whoa! That turtle bites some mean s***!" I commenced running for my life and eventually made it to the giant dragon bridge, which pretty much rocked my world. That was easily the best memory I have of Velious - it was so cool to just go exploring in a dangerous land. Overall, though, I probably spent the most time in Great Divide but may have liked Crystal Caverns more. It was a well executed layout, I thought.

Ehud
02-15-2010, 05:15 PM
I'd probably go with Everfrost. I'll never forget getting groups in the tundra, pulling big mama and calf mammoths. Then later on going there to kill ice giants. And I love the atmosphere as a newbie starting out there. You get the sense that the Barbarians really are hardy, tough people who adapted to extreme conditions.

Then it connects to Blackburrow which is so awesome.