PDA

View Full Version : Joining the Beta server

Xeldrakka
03-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Alright.. seeing as how we're all being conscripted to play Beta, I'm hoping someone could tell me A: How to install and change the files necessary to play on the beta server (please do not mention the link on the front page, I do not have an EQEMU install folder, so I cannot do anything with that link) and what my expectations and duties as a beta tester are.

Humerox
03-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Your "EQMU Install Folder" is whatever folder you installed EQ in.

For most, it's C:/Program Files>Sony>Everquest

What I did was copy the "Everquest" folder, and named it "Beta". (Both can be in the "Sony" folder.) Then I created a shortcut to that beta folder in the same manner that I made the shortcut to the everquest folder. (Find your executable file and shortcut it)

In the shortcut properties my target reads:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\Beta\eqgame.exe" patchme

and my "starts in" reads:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\Beta"

I then downloaded the beta spell files and put them in the Beta folder. That way, when beta is over, I just delete it and I haven't touched my regular files.

You're just needed to play, and if you see or feel something you know isn't right, (mobs pathing thru walls, no aggro, etc.) report it.

The NZV method below is much easier...I'm just anal.

NZV
03-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Replace your spells_us.txt file with this one:
http://www.project1999.org/files/spells_beta.zip

That's it. Easy. I'd also recommend backing up your old spell file, but if you want to live life on the edge, be my guest.