PDA

View Full Version : Unknown error trying to join server

Stibe
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Happens when im trying to get into p99 aswell as ez, havnt tried others. Updated my spell files and was playing last night. Ideas?

Edit: Happening with all servers.

amapolo
03-14-2011, 05:58 PM
lol same problem. But i can see 496 players online.

Drowed
03-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Just started happening to me right now as well. Shouldn't have anything to do with updated spell files, I got on fine before with the new ones

chester
03-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Same thing happening to me.

Stibe
Just started happening to me right now as well. Shouldn't have anything to do with updated spell files, I got on fine before with the new ones

Same here. Emu down possibly?

jjgerman
same for me as well

Stibe
03-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I NEED MAH FIX.

Knightmare
03-14-2011, 06:02 PM
It really is amazing how many people fail at performing simple computer operations.

I will never understand it.

Apparently it's all our faults. We must all be brain numb~

Drowed
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!....

oh wait, I can has log in again, nm :P

Stibe
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Like i said, was fine playing lastnight after putting the new spell file in.

Stibe
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM

Word, all better.

Knightmare
03-14-2011, 06:12 PM

I can has log in again too! But not at the same time as my wife yet :(

Oh well they're still working hard. Thanks guys~ :p

mimixownzall
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM
start>run

type in cmd

hit enter

type: ipconfig/release

hit enter

type: ipconfig/renew

hit enter

Play EQ!

It happened to me yesterday. I am on a router and did the steps above and it fixed it.

Rushmore
03-14-2011, 10:33 PM
I still can't log in

Plumb
03-14-2011, 10:58 PM
ok heres the deal, what you need to do is find rogeans post on the main page, download eqchangesv4blahblah.zip inside is 1 folder and two text files, paste the two text files into your main eq directory, and the stuff in resources folder, goes into the resources folder, make sure your os replaces the files and doesnt make a duplicate next to it... they have it set up so you cant login untill you have the proper files.. done if you've already done this, then shoot me

Mcbard
03-15-2011, 09:34 AM
ok heres the deal, what you need to do is find rogeans post on the main page, download eqchangesv4blahblah.zip inside is 1 folder and two text files, paste the two text files into your main eq directory, and the stuff in resources folder, goes into the resources folder, make sure your os replaces the files and doesnt make a duplicate next to it... they have it set up so you cant login untill you have the proper files.. done if you've already done this, then shoot me

Negative. That had nothing to do with this problem, and it started working for almost everybody last night. If you haven't updated to v4 changes you will not see your characters.

Messianic
03-15-2011, 09:43 AM
start>run

type in cmd

hit enter

type: ipconfig/release

hit enter

type: ipconfig/renew

Question from a non-tech person - in slightly more detail, what exactly does this do? Releases your current IP and establishes a new one within the same domain? Does it just re-establish the same IP but shakes up some of the underlying values?

Mcbard
03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Question from a non-tech person - in slightly more detail, what exactly does this do? Releases your current IP and establishes a new one within the same domain? Does it just re-establish the same IP but shakes up some of the underlying values?

All that does is renew your local private I.P. Your globally known public I.P. is not going to change by issuing that command.

Fatalist
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I had the same problem like oll other posters here. After reading the forums without finding any solution yesterday I simply restarted the computer. Technically its also a "renew IP" :-)

How came this renew-IP-thing in your mind mimixownzall and why just a few ppl faced the problem?

mimixownzall
03-16-2011, 12:46 AM
I had the same problem like oll other posters here. After reading the forums without finding any solution yesterday I simply restarted the computer. Technically its also a "renew IP" :-)

How came this renew-IP-thing in your mind mimixownzall and why just a few ppl faced the problem?

Well, I was getting this error on my main PC. I then tried logging in on my laptop and did so with no problems. They are both on the same router. I figured it was something screwed up with either my game or my connection to the router on my main PC.

I completely exited out of eq and tried logging back in, still had the unknown error. So then I renewed my IP. That happened to work.

Next step would have been restarting computer. Next step then would have been restarting router and modem. If those failed, I would have nerd raged and choked my neighbors' dog.

dredge
03-16-2011, 12:53 AM

Qwinny
03-16-2011, 01:58 AM
Also having the same issue. I've restarted. I'm already updated for the spells file as well as the v4changes. I logged in earlier today, no problem, havent been able to log in since. When I get to server select, it stays blank for a long period of time before finally giving Error- timeout error. If I use the 'Quick Connect' button at login, I get to character select, but none of my characters are there. Been like 4 hours, reset modem, restarted several times as I said. Any updates are appreciated.

Qwinny
03-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Is this issue getting any attention? I've been attempting logins for a few hours now with no success. Would also like to note that the p99 website seems to be pretty slow for me as well

mimixownzall
03-16-2011, 12:03 PM
During peak times I run into higher latency and some packet loss. The netcoding of this emu is picky as shit. I have those problems during these times. The game is very intolerant of a less than desirable connection.

Problems I run into:

Time out logging in.
Server select screen comes up but no servers listed.
Click to enter server and it winds up timing out.
Timing out while zoning. (most view it as 'zone crashing' when you really don't 'crash', it is timing out which forces you to reset your computer)

apocalypsesmeep
03-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Hmm, this happened to me yesterday, I ran ccleaner and reset, and it went away. Strangely, running ccleaner when I have eq problems fixes a lot of them for me.

Mehrk
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Been getting this since about 10:30 EST last night as well. Crashed on zoning and since then fubar'd. Log-in screen time-outs, empty server select, server log-in time-outs, character log-in time-outs and finally an extremely high chance of zone crashing seem to be the norm. As the last bit implies you CAN get in the game. Just takes patience. More if you need to zone.

Have tried every fix mentioned. IP renew, restart, cussed out monitor, router reset. Didn't bother updating spells though as I have been playing totally fine prior to last night.

How many of you guys have U-verse. . . . . ? /rage

dredge
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM

Nekkro Pheliac
03-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Hmmmm I have U-Verse also. Maybe that is the common problem.

tristantio
03-17-2011, 12:36 PM
I have Comcast and play on Linux under WINE and had this problem last night after having played for a couple nights with the new spell files.

I received a druid port to North Karana, game froze up on loading that zone, then when attempting to log back in received Unknown Error for about 5 minutes and following that was able to sign back in.

dredge
03-17-2011, 09:11 PM