PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Sunday Morning, February 14th, 2010

Rogean
02-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Greetings. Due to the large amount of source fixes covered in this patch, I have created a a thread for all patch bugs directly related to this patch. It can be found in the bugs forum, 2/14/10 Patch Bugs (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=20194)

Code

Rogean: Revamped the system raid mobs use to cast Special AE's. Please provide feedback on this.
Rogean: Swinging at a magical mob once without magic weapons will no longer grant you the kill.
Rogean: The infamous Error 1018 is making its return; Attempting to enter the server with an active character will no longer be possible until that character is removed from the world.
Rogean: Due to the above change, Linkdead characters will now be kicked after 30 seconds of no aggro, or 3 minutes on aggro.
Rogean: Changed how shrunk players are handled for new players zoning in again.
Rogean/Haynar: Removed ability to dispell rez effects, or any spell with the nodispell flag set.
Rogean/Haynar: Multiple changes to trading that may fix the bug causing coin to be lost. Let us know.
Haynar: Mobs will now find their way home when charm breaks.
Haynar: Assist will no longer return a target other than that of who was assisted.
Haynar: Damage shields now provide neutral damage.
Haynar: NPCs will now KS a player if they get the killing blow.
Haynar: Mobs that go into flee mode, will no longer be ignored by an NPC with multiple targets. They will now finish what they started.
<del>Haynar: Implemented Begging Skill.</del> Next Patch; Needs tweaks
Haynar: Enabled EXP loss for self dots or lich.
Haynar: Swimming 2.0 - Adjusted skillup rates and added check specific to kedge keep which is an all water zone.
Haynar: Several Bind Wound fixes.
Haynar: Mend will no longer fail if greater than 100 skill. Mend will always give success or failure messages now.
Haynar: Changes to the formula that determines charm break every tic to be more in line with classic (in most cases, mobs will now be less obedient than before.)

Content

Nilbog: Changed Briana Treewhisper class to GM druid.
Nilbog: Rarnan Lapice will now reward you with spell: languid pace upon turning in Testament of Vanear.
Nilbog: one eyed gnoll will drop its eye more frequently.
Nilbog: Removed the healing ability from sonic bats
Nilbog: Removed spellset from Raster of Guk
Nilbog: created rancorous ghasts with appropriate levels, loot and faction.
Nilbog: Guard Norin and Guard Sornn in butcherblock will now guard where they should.
Nilbog: Changed Gnoll Slayer (5417) to match stats of Gnoll Slayer (5416) - NERFED.
Nilbog: Marton Sayer will no longer prompt you for the non-classic portion of the Gnoll slayer quest.
Nilbog: Cuburt will now actually spawn.
Nilbog: Added ground spawns for Berries in Misty Thicket.
Nilbog: Fixed locs, spawn times, and loots of the named bandit trio in Highpass.
Nilbog: Ember will now follow Blixkin Entopop like a good pet should.
Nilbog: Sentry Xyrin/Deepwater Harpoon fixed.
Nilbog: Lowered drop rate of koalindl fish. It will no longer be 100%.
Nilbog: koalindl will rarely summon their creator, Rodcet Nife, upon death.
Nilbog: Increased spawn time of a koalindl
Aeolwind: Silent Watch Shield quest changed. Yes, this means the Thex Dagger is gone.
Aeolwind: Fixed Nillipuss Text
Aeolwind: Adjusted Door in Highkeep to now correctly require its key & be unpickable.
Aeolwind: Tinkered with PL for roamer in Lake Rathetear for impending day/night implementation.
Aeolwind: Tearon Bleanix now wants to be "close".
Aeolwind: Pyzjn fixed, seriously this time, Nilbog saw it work. I swear.
Aeolwind: Added low chance for Rancorous ghouls to pop on a couple spawn points in LFaydark. Short term fix pending day/night implementation.
Aeolwind: Updated Roror for upcoming Shakey quest fix.

Brut
02-14-2010, 04:23 AM
Rogean: The infamous Error 1018 is making its return; Attempting to enter the server with an active character will no longer be possible until that character is removed from the world.

Ack. My damn crap wireless connection crashes me a minimum of 5 times a day. Clerics are gonna get rich.

Jadian
02-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Yeah that sucks. Now every time I crash while zoning I'll have to wait a few minutes to log back in instead of 20ish seconds

Kuldiin
02-14-2010, 04:50 AM
204 cha and my charm broke 14 seconds (timed) after charming a mob 5 levels lower than me!

Lich
02-14-2010, 05:04 AM

I do not like this. I freeze/LD frequently when I zone.

Abacab
02-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Gnoll slayer[Final] item number 5417 is now worse than Gnoll slayer [Intermediate] item number 5416...

The 5417 version should have been left alone instead of offering a WORSE reward, you could simply hand in the baby for the same exact sword effectively making camping rare and dangerous spawns in Paw moot point. It's also kind of a kick in the balls to people who would spend hours and days to obtain this weapon only to have it completely nerf sacked to a NO-DROP version of a fine steel longsword. I mean if you're keeping a re-vamped paw with the select NPC's that drop the items for the 5417 version then that version should have remained in it's former state, if the state wants to be nerfed down then just remove the Scribe and One eyed gnoll spawns all together and break the quest at step one.

Even taking the word account of the fools who post on Allah specifically in this thread:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=233

As early as February 2001 people talked about it being "upgraded" to better stats and the well known summonable pet, people in the bugs forum claimed this was a mid-luclin release item but I do believe that is only for the extra gnoll bane damage the +5 on 5416 and the +10 on 5417. Taken into account that Luclin at the time of these assertions on allah was still months away from release one can only assume that the item WAS magic, was a 15/40 ratio and did have the wolf companion clicky, it's just around the time of 2000-2001 the quest for the most part was unsolved and or broken.

I'd say revert the 5417 back to it's previous state, the quest is still rather difficult to accomplish and it the weapon itself isn't really THAT OP in the first place, dont make this another 12/22 Mistmoore dagger situation.

phantom
02-14-2010, 05:18 AM
I also have relatively frequent
1. crashes or
2. everquest minimizes and won't restore
when zoning, not unbearably often, but changing it from a 30 second fix to a 3 minute one will get very frustrating very fast.

These are not problems I had on classic, so fixing them may also require non classic behavior. Unless this is preventing exploits, please revert this fix.

Karbuk
02-14-2010, 05:41 AM
curious if you fixed pyzjn the way she is suppose to be or just the way you could make her work and she just spawns randomly or something? lol...cuz im not seeing her PHs the way they used to be...i knew the camp very well

drplump
02-14-2010, 10:17 AM
The PH for Ghast in Lfay is still Skeles right? Have not seen a Ghast yet.

tsonka
02-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Ill admit charm was a bit over powered but I have 185 cha and a blue con would not stay charmed but a few ticks ... thats a bit much

Bakaris
02-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Charm was OPed, but this nerf is too much. 212 cha and charm dont last more than a few ticks on a blue con mob. If I am lucky a minute. Nerf is too harsh.

Haynar
02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Charm was OPed, but this nerf is too much. 212 cha and charm dont last more than a few ticks on a blue con mob. If I am lucky a minute. Nerf is too harsh.
I have rechecked the charm calculations. One of the things to note, all mobs are not created equal. So as charm was back in classic, and on live for that matter, some mobs will be easy to charm. Some will be a nightmare. Use all the tools available, and experiment on different mobs, and you will find charm is still very useful. Just do not expect it to work the way it did, on just any mob you find.

Haynar

hrafn
02-14-2010, 11:14 AM
thanks for fixing charm! I've been waiting for that update for a very long time, now maybe we can get some chanters in groups.

Segoris
02-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Guise of the Deceiver doesn't change faction with dark elves. Prepatch: i could use the guise and be non-kos, postpatch: neriak guards are still scowling

kissemisse
02-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Guise of the Deceiver doesn't change faction with dark elves. Prepatch: i could use the guise and be non-kos, postpatch: neriak guards are still scowling

Chanter illussion doesnt work either, but maybe thats how it was in classic, what do i know.

Voner
02-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Any changes that would block the use of ShowEQ or what ever it is that is used by higher end guilds to know the spawn time of boss mobs?

Segoris
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Chanter illussion doesnt work either, but maybe thats how it was in classic, what do i know.

No, illusions worked in classic. its how a lot of players did quests and bought items (especially enchanters buying enchant bars spell down in neriak)

ammut
02-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Necro charm is still broken. Tested it with cajole undead (level 49) on a light blue con spectre. It droped after 1 tick with 60 char.

Necro charm shouldn't be based on char but only on level and magic resistance.

sociald187
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
2//4 of my charms (lvl46 chanter 200cha) lasted 15 min, full duration , even after tash wore off. I am happy with the fix/nerf.

Aquafresh
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Cool my charm now doesn't last long enough to cast Celerity on my pet with 231 CHA...

Devil
02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I am pretty sure that you could still charm higher con mobs in live and have it last longer than a few seconds. Can you please post what the formula was and what it was changed to

Malrubius
02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Well...everybody is saying how their CHA is so incredibly high that Charm should work better. Well in Classic, CHA was *way less important* than MR (hint, Tash).

Yes, CHA is (and should be) part of the formula, but it is supposed to be pretty low on the totem pole.

-The level of the target mob is the most important (reds vs. blues, etc.).
-MR is the next most important (as was noted earlier, different mobs have different default MR, so your mileage should vary). Tash will lower it further of course.
-CHA is the least important of these items. Yes, it matters, but not as much as the above two items.

Devil
02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Tashing the mobs. Still breaking. Changed nothing. Not even the duration of the charm.

Sippin
02-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Moving this to patch-bug thread!

Jify
02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Any changes that would block the use of ShowEQ or what ever it is that is used by higher end guilds to know the spawn time of boss mobs?

Seriously?

Haynar
02-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Necro charm is still broken. Tested it with cajole undead (level 49) on a light blue con spectre. It droped after 1 tick with 60 char.

Necro charm shouldn't be based on char but only on level and magic resistance.
We didn't change anything concerning Necro charm. We discussed and it was not decided on exactly how we want to implement. Changes for this will be coming. They just did't make it in this patch.

Haynar

redghosthunter
02-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I also being ENC, must say developers have changed the game such it is VERY difficult for new players (bad gear,) to solo or group

1. I always Tash, and still i get Tons of resists... Even on Blu's.
2. My Yellow ENC pet gets his but kicked on ONE Blu.
3. WAY WAY too much hate from nukes. I first waited till 70 % before casting one nuke . Then i waited till 50 % cast my first nuke and still getting Aggro. What gives?

And i pray to God that things are not being changed so we can be like EQ live

Hasbinbad
02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I use my magical fairy dust, that allows the demon to come into this plane. Once the demon is here, I use my magical demon-leash, which allows me to control him, and then I force him to tell me when the mawbs spawn.

drplump
02-14-2010, 03:01 PM
3. WAY WAY too much hate from nukes. I first waited till 70 % before casting one nuke . Then i waited till 50 % cast my first nuke and still getting Aggro. What gives?

Hate is based on how much damage each player has done to the mob. This happens a lot on raids especially. If 5 people did 10% of the mobs HP in damage and you nuke it for 14% its going to come after you.

People saying there charm is breaking right away please specify which mobs you are trying to charm. I think all that was changed is they switched the importance of CHA vs MR and now a lot of high MR hard to charm mobs are breaking it. I know in PoF the Gorgons are supposed to be not worth charming. As it was pre-patch they did in fact resist charm a lot but once it landed it lasted the same as any mob despite their high MR. It is supposed to have a similar but reduced chance for them to break it each tick based on MR.

guineapig
02-14-2010, 03:17 PM

It must be your religion. I can walk around every single area in Neriak without being KOS, even near the necros.

Unless the patch changed this it's your religion (I'm agnostic as all enchanters should be).

guineapig
02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Hate is based on how much damage each player has done to the mob. This happens a lot on raids especially. If 5 people did 10% of the mobs HP in damage and you nuke it for 14% its going to come after you.

This is an oversimplification and simply not true. There are many other factors involved in hate then damage. How do you think the lowest DPS classes like Paly and SK manage to keep agro? It has absolutely nothing to do with their damage output. Hell, even warriors have always relied on stun and debuff procs for max agro generation.

Also, I can't think of many raid mobs where a single player can do 14% damage to the mob with one nuke (until later expansions with higher lvl caps, AA's focus effects and such). If you meant over the duration of the fight then it's also moot because hate levels are constantly changing with each player character during the duration of the fight.

So I'm not sure where you got this idea from.

/threadjack off

Hasbinbad
02-14-2010, 03:27 PM

It must be your religion. I can walk around every single area in Neriak without being KOS, even near the necros.

Unless the patch changed this it's your religion (I'm agnostic as all enchanters should be).
This is a post patch mechanics break. Dark Elf illusion factions (at least from the mask) are now broken (i have heard from other enchanters that their illusions are broken too, but I have only confirmed the mask).

guineapig
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
This is a post patch mechanics break. Dark Elf illusion factions (at least from the mask) are now broken (i have heard from other enchanters that their illusions are broken too, but I have only confirmed the mask).

Well shit, I'm glad I didn't log off in Neriak then...

guineapig
02-14-2010, 03:36 PM

I feel sorry for any enchanters or bards who bothered to put points into charisma during character creation instead of STA (thank god I didn't). It was always a waste to invest in that stat on live and it looks like now it will be here as well. Might be time for a reroll.

Variyn2210
02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
YEAH! First day of patch and 1018 patch already ruined me from playing. Not even hacking and character get stuck in. Now I cant log in. Thanks for bring that back in the patch <3

Devil
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM

People saying there charm is breaking right away please specify which mobs you are trying to charm. I think all that was changed is they switched the importance of CHA vs MR and now a lot of high MR hard to charm mobs are breaking it. I know in PoF the Gorgons are supposed to be not worth charming. As it was pre-patch they did in fact resist charm a lot but once it landed it lasted the same as any mob despite their high MR. It is supposed to have a similar but reduced chance for them to break it each tick based on MR.

Troll guards in Grobb. Prepatch they were charm-able to a 42 with 231 CHA. Now they are not, not longer than about 12 seconds anyway. Also Tash does not increase the duration of this by any time whatsoever.

drplump
02-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Troll guards in Grobb. Prepatch they were charm-able to a 42 with 231 CHA. Now they are not, not longer than about 12 seconds anyway. Also Tash does not increase the duration of this by any time whatsoever.

Ok that sucks guards are supposed to be a staple chanter pet.

Rogean
02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Hate is based on how much damage each player has done to the mob.

Negative. Hate is based on potential damage.

Rogean
02-14-2010, 06:08 PM

Don't we love people spewing shit out of their mouth without any facts?

Hasbinbad
02-14-2010, 06:32 PM

I use my magical fairy dust, that allows the demon to come into this plane. Once the demon is here, I use my magical demon-leash, which allows me to control him, and then I force him to tell me when the mawbs spawn.

Don't we love people spewing shit out of their mouth without any facts?
WTF?
He obviously knew the fact of my demon and the fact of my fairy dust. What about the fact of my demon-leash? He obviously knew that but didn't want to get me in trouble. How about those facts huh?

atvaata
02-14-2010, 07:36 PM
wtb 1018s gone, with the random crashes its getting annoying as hellllll

Taluvill
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Kinda <3 the Pyzjn fix... but

i really, really, really want the fake guy in dagnors to spawn. I know he didnt exist on live, but i want to kill him here = (
lol

karsten
02-14-2010, 08:10 PM
you mean bilge, talu?

Taluvill
02-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah. I was being a smartass.

I want bilge to spawn

TheDudeAbides
02-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes, CHA is (and should be) part of the formula, but it is supposed to be pretty low on the totem pole

This actually wasn't the original intention of the developers which is why they in fact fixed it later on. CHA was always supposed to have a core impact on charm, mezing, ect. It was "fixed" later on because originally it was in fact broken.

Malrubius
02-14-2010, 09:28 PM
This actually wasn't the original intention of the developers which is why they in fact fixed it later on. CHA was always supposed to have a core impact on charm, mezing, ect. It was "fixed" later on because originally it was in fact broken.

That's interesting. I actually love the idea of CHA having a biggER impact on charm, mez, and "resisted lull hate".

If that was the original intent (i.e. it was a bug in classic), then I'm all for it. Hard to prove either way though.

I would think that MR would still be at least as important as CHA. And level difference still greater than either.

My 2 cents.

Rogean
02-14-2010, 10:09 PM
wtb 1018s gone, with the random crashes its getting annoying as hellllll

What random crashes? Must be a problem on your side, nobody else seems to be crashing, and the zones aren't crashing.

TheDudeAbides
02-14-2010, 10:42 PM
That's interesting. I actually love the idea of CHA having a biggER impact on charm, mez, and "resisted lull hate".

If that was the original intent (i.e. it was a bug in classic), then I'm all for it. Hard to prove either way though.

I would think that MR would still be at least as important as CHA. And level difference still greater than either.

My 2 cents.

There are a lot of numbers and parses over at eqrunes that prove exactly what I'm saying. It's very interesting reading.

There are a lot of factors concerning classic EQ that people are not understanding. MMOs are games that evolve with trends. The prevailing wisdom at the time when classic was new and fresh was not high CHA for an enchanter. Sure they maybe put some points in there, but people didn't necessarily stack an attribute like CHA back in the day. INT caster which enchanters fell into stacked INT. Not CHA.

It was all about mana. Not charisma. As the game evolved and people started testing different aspects of each class it became known that charm was in fact "broken". That CHA was not affecting it like it should be. Just like CHA wasn't necessarily having the proper effect on mez. Only later was it addressed by development and fixed. It wasn't a priority at all during the classic era. There were so many bugs/content updates/quest fixes that something like enchanter charm was definitely NOT a priority. Enchanters at that time were pure crowd control/buffbot. Nothing more.

MR does also play a vital role in charm

gintu01
02-14-2010, 10:44 PM
What random crashes? Must be a problem on your side, nobody else seems to be crashing, and the zones aren't crashing.

With all due respect, is that a fair accusation? NOONE else crashes?

I personally crash 3-5 times a day, some actual crashes, sometimes zones just wont load and I have to relog. Though 1018 is annoying...it takes about 25 sec to let you log in, and it fixes alot of other nonsense that you could do without having the 1018, so I like it.

hrafn
02-15-2010, 02:30 AM
yeah after the patch today im getting booted to desktop without my ping bar moving at all. everything is fine then poof, hello desktop.

alluvin
02-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Ok this 1018 thing really blows. if you do will do away with anything make this shit go away. :mad:

Muerte
02-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Haynar: Mobs that go into flee mode, will no longer be ignored by an NPC with multiple targets. They will now finish what they started.

Ty for the fix!

Fawqueue
02-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Happy about the charm fix because now you might get enchanters in groups? I'd say you're more likely to see the enchanter population disappear. While it's great to say "I love having an enchanter WITH me" it's not so easy or fulfilling actually be said enchanter. Charm is the ONE tool that makes playing this class bearable and viable (sorry, casting the buffs everyone thinks makes us integral is not an exciting game mechanic). Haven't tested it since the nerf, about to give it a go. But if it's as bad as I'm reading....instead of enchanters I'd expect to start seeing three times as many mages in your group.

drplump
02-15-2010, 07:57 AM

I get random crashes to desktop on 2 different computers. Was about once a week till I disabled spell effects. Now its once a month or so. I just figured it was the already shitty outdated hacked game engine running on an outdated hacked server.

Its always when I am kiting a random mob and I never have made it back into the game in time to avoid death anyway even before this patch (no crashes recently).

Also a semi-related problem is losing connection from the world server and knowing your going to soft crash (never finish loading) next time you zone trying to camp to avoid it and possibly still crashing anyway. It used to be faster to /ex and relog not sure if its faster to camp now or if the camping crash will count as a proper exit or still make you wait.

Segoris
02-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm also experiencing more crashes since the patch. 3x CTD and about 4-5 crashes upon zoning. Before the patch I can't even remember the last time I had a CTD, and only crashed on zone during known server issues (such as experiencing high lag or zone disconnects).

girth
02-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Monk fixes. Bless you! Maybe i'll return before Kunark.

Finawin
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
•Haynar: Changes to the formula that determines charm break every tic to be more in line with classic (in most cases, mobs will now be less obedient than before.)

Win

LazyFuj
02-16-2010, 02:18 AM

I also get random crashes to desktop. Usually happens if I loot or if I click pet attack. I think it happens if I try to move and click at the same time? POOF EQ and then I have to reload it.

drplump
02-16-2010, 03:52 AM
I also get random crashes to desktop. Usually happens if I loot or if I click pet attack. I think it happens if I try to move and click at the same time? POOF EQ and then I have to reload it.

I never thought about it but seems about right for me. I am in the middle of kiting and running then I click to cast a spell and CTD.

JinXed
02-16-2010, 08:19 AM
What a bitchfest this thread is.

Gonna throw in a thanks devs! We're not all ungrateful.

Qi0
02-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Happy about the charm fix because now you might get enchanters in groups? I'd say you're more likely to see the enchanter population disappear. While it's great to say "I love having an enchanter WITH me" it's not so easy or fulfilling actually be said enchanter. Charm is the ONE tool that makes playing this class bearable and viable (sorry, casting the buffs everyone thinks makes us integral is not an exciting game mechanic). Haven't tested it since the nerf, about to give it a go. But if it's as bad as I'm reading....instead of enchanters I'd expect to start seeing three times as many mages in your group.

To be brutally honest, if a too-strong charm was the only thing that made playing an enchanter bearable to you, you picked the wrong class from the start. Enchanters are incredibly fun to play in groups and raids, and have an unrivaled amount of control over nearly any situation. Yes, you have buffs that make your group substantially better, but you're not by any means a buffbot. In your average group, the enchanter will usually stay the most busy out of anyone. It's really the most engaging class out there, and probably the 'best' one as well.

Rogean
02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Those of you that are randomly crashing: Titanium or SoF?

Segoris
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Titanium

drplump
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Titanium

Is there a file that logs the errors I can grab?

Trimm
02-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Logged on after work yesterday and played for about 6 hours. Ported around, zoned on foot, outdoor and indoor zones, camped and switched from main to alts a few times, not a single crash or disconnect. Server seems to be fast and responsive with even 500 players. Titanium client.

Ostehaps
02-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Titanium

+1

Rogean
02-16-2010, 11:41 AM
It seems to only be happening to a select few people, and not related to this patch.

alluvin
02-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Titanium on both computers, the laptop i have at work crashes just about every zone but the one i have at home won't get past the server select half the time but never crashes on zones...

When it won't get past the server select 12 tries in a row i have to wait the damn 30 seconds to try again, very aggravating.

nilbog
02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
the laptop i have at work crashes just about every zone

maybe give wineq2.0 a shot? use the free one.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=4

guineapig
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Logged on after work yesterday and played for about 6 hours. Ported around, zoned on foot, outdoor and indoor zones, camped and switched from main to alts a few times, not a single crash or disconnect. Server seems to be fast and responsive with even 500 players. Titanium client.

Ditto, I am running XP on my desktop and my wife has Windows 7 on her laptop and we have not experienced any issues.

These crashes do not seem to be related to the patch but to individual users and their setups. If it were due to the patch it would be effecting everyone.

Malrubius
02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
If it were due to the patch it would be effecting everyone.

Well, not necessarily. The patch could still be the cause, even if it doesn't effect everybody.

fwiw, I have no issues - Win7, x86, nVidia, Titanium client.

LazyFuj
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I am using Titanium.

Dabamf
02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I used to crash 50+% of zonings. I tried every suggested fix humanly possible and bribed people to provide other solutions, nothing worked. I had some people give me some pretty clever and creative solutions, but they all ultimately failed.

My problem went away one random day after a patch and has never returned (still hasn't returned). It was something in the patch that fixed it, though I have no clue what.

Zone crashes are a huge hinderance in gameplay for many people. I think it happens to more people than are vocal about it. I know I eventually just gave up on fixing it. The inability to log into a character already in the world basically makes the game unplayable for these people. Was there an exploit people were somehow using this for? I think regardless of how it was in classic, this is a gameplay element that doesn't belong here.

zt004
02-16-2010, 11:29 PM
OMFG why is error 1018 back? I just got my first taste of 1018 in years and I'm SOOO FRUSTRATED!

Jify
02-16-2010, 11:49 PM
I had crashing problems earlier in the servers life. This is the first time in the last month that I've started crashing again. Something has changed...

Oh, and titanium.