PDA

View Full Version : WTS Circlet of Shadow (Pre-nerf)

Octavian
04-17-2018, 05:27 PM
Hey folks,

There has been some extremely shady behavior going on related to this particular item. Items which are staples of certain classes should not be held out of reach for those players. This is how we start negatively impacting the server-wide class balance.

What is the reason that the pre-nerf CoS has more than doubled in price over the past couple of months? Simple. There are certain players - and most of you already know them - who have horded this particular item, by buying them in bulk at reasonable prices (10-13k) and then, once nobody else had them, these players worked together to price gouge - and like, ridiculously price gouge. No item should more than double in cost when there have been no changes to the item server-wide. I spoke with one of these price gougers who told me "the rarity on the CoS has gone up," in an effort to justify his price. While this is partly true, the reason for the increase in rarity is also directly due to price gougers hording them. And the increase in price would have been reasonable to maybe 14-15k. However, even that is pushing it if you ask me.

My solution? Simple. You all need to stop paying price gougers what they ask for. The blame for these items selling at over 20k is now entirely upon the consumer for giving in. I saw someone reply to another WTS pre-nerf CoS thread on here, offering 13k. I think the community should come together and continue making public offers at fair prices (10-13k, as it has been for years now) on every single WTS thread you find for this item. Keep letting them know what your offer is and do not budge.

In the meantime, I am working to collect as many pre-nerf CoS's as possible, for the purpose of immediately finding them homes (I am not hording them - they are usually gone within the same hour I get them). That being said, I do have another one now and I am selling it for 13k. How am I ensuring that price gougers do not have access to my supply line? Unfortunately, this is difficult - I will only be selling my CoS's to SK/NEC mains who are level 40+, fully geared, with full spell books. If you have guildies/friends who can vouch for you, I may also ask about that. I will conduct fairly basic background checks on those who PM me for a CoS (both on forums and in-game). This may seem strict, but I refuse to let these go to anyone who intends to resell them for 20k or an even more ridiculous price.

Please feel free to contact me via PM, reply, or you can /tell Octavion in game. We have the power, as a community, to bring the price on this item back down to normal. It is going to take patience on your part, as buyers. Do not give in to these price gougers just because you want the item today. If you do, it will only become more extreme for everyone else and you will run into these same gouged prices on the next item you need. People can only sell items for however much others are willing to pay.

If you are a player in possession of a pre-nerf CoS which you are not currently using, either because you're a returning player, your NEC/SK is collecting dust on the shelf, or whatever the reason is - Contact me and let's work together to find good homes for these items with people who will use them, rather than try to price gouge and hurt the P99 community. I will offer my consignment services without a commission - this means I will find a good home for your unused CoS and you will take 100% of the platinum from the sale.

<3 Oct
#DeathToPriceGougers

Sonderbeast
04-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Noble as your cause is, there is no structure available to really enforce what you are proposing. HEBS, the now recovering flint dagger, and others are also affected. What about making a post to list names of players to avoid interacting with or something similar?

chris61
04-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Just buy some damn cloudy potions.

gildor
04-17-2018, 06:25 PM
offer 13k ;-)

Itap
04-17-2018, 07:17 PM
Rarity of them, lol.

These things were on permanent farm status for 7 years.

psychonaut
04-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Thank you. I've been in the tunnel the past week looking for one and have had a few conversations with people about what is going on.
I'll send you a pm ingame

Octavian
04-17-2018, 08:21 PM
offer 13k ;-)

<3

psychonaut
04-17-2018, 09:57 PM
Well I can't really thank Octavion enough for helping me out and offering a fair price on a Circlet of Shadow. Awesome stuff mate!

A price jump from 12k to 20k in the last few weeks pushed this item out of my reach. Sure it no longer drops and will slowly rise in price but 8k in 2 weeks? Clearly there is something going on with this item so if anyone else is looking for one just be aware that the prices you see in EC tunnel are very inflated. Caveat emptor.

Wonkie
04-17-2018, 10:02 PM
something something competition

psychonaut
04-17-2018, 10:37 PM
Octavian is totally right. The jump to 20k is bullshit. There was an EC thread recently where someone claimed they bought a CoS for 25k LOL. I am betting 1000 platinum that was fake, trying to set the precedent.. Yeah I thought the same thing. Looked a bit obvious to me as well.

Octavian
04-17-2018, 10:39 PM
Octavian is totally right. The jump to 20k is bullshit. There was an EC thread recently where someone claimed they bought a CoS for 25k LOL. I am betting 1000 platinum that was fake, trying to set the precedent.

Similar to Xhin and Boutik (do NOT buy their HEBs) - resist the temptation to shell out that extra plat my good sirs.

I am going to join Octavian and buy up all the CoSs i can for between 10-15k and sell them for no higher than 15 to true necro/SKs.

God speed.

Thanks for joining the fight, Skarlorn! And thank you to everyone who is posting in support of this goal of bringing this item back into reach for every NEC/SK!

Sold this last one for 13k to Psychonaut. Thrilled that it found a good home! Thanks for posting, Psychonaut :)

If you are interested in selling your pre-nerf CoS for a fair price, get in touch with me and I will either buy it from you direct or offer you my consignment services free of charge. This is about finding good homes for these items and letting price gougers know that their behavior is not welcome on this server, nor will anyone be paying their prices.

bwe
04-17-2018, 11:08 PM
Good on you this obvious price gouging is bullshit

Triiz
04-18-2018, 09:33 AM
Free bump for a great cause and the only EC reseller that's not a piece of shit.

Over 6 months or so a lot of prices were manipulated upwards more than usual, not even just nerfed items.

Seems like the 90% of the people uploading prices to the wiki are the price gougers themselves, anytime I've tried to upload auction logs it says it registered them but never updates. I would upload every time I'm in EC if it actually worked.

Octavian
04-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the support guys :) If anyone knows of any pre-nerf CoS's not being used or if anyone is looking to sell theirs at a reasonable price, get in touch with me via replying to this thread, PMing me, or you can /tell Octavion in game. Don't let the price gougers hurt our community. <3 you all

Foxplay
04-18-2018, 08:28 PM
I'm looking to buy one and only one for my future necro so I don't have to worry about the price being stupid later

Send me a pm if ya have one Octavian I'll buy tonight

gildor
04-19-2018, 06:35 AM
Still offer 13k! :-)

Nikkanu
04-19-2018, 01:39 PM
Sounds like demand is going way up on these, guess I better start asking 30k

Nikkanu
04-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Also WTB Pre-Nerf CoS, 20k

Octavian
04-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Sounds like demand is going way up on these, guess I better start asking 30k

Also WTB Pre-Nerf CoS, 20k

In case anyone was wondering what it looks like when a price gouger thinks they are subtle. LMAO

xabler
04-19-2018, 02:15 PM
Hey can you do something also about Elder beads price? i really dont want to pay the 300k-500k.. maybe more like 30k.. help me out.

Nikkanu
04-19-2018, 02:23 PM
In case anyone was wondering what it looks like when a price gouger thinks they are subtle. LMAO

:D

trite
04-19-2018, 02:28 PM
Hey can you do something also about Elder beads price? i really dont want to pay the 300k-500k.. maybe more like 30k.. help me out.

30k was the lowest price all time if i remember

xabler
04-19-2018, 02:32 PM
it was 30k last year when i quit the game and Cos was going for 3k-4k. so if CoS is 13k now elders should be at 90k. I can probably manage to get the 90k. Help me out.

Octavian
04-26-2018, 11:47 PM
Still looking. Read OP for details. Don't let price gougers ruin the server economy and community.

newagemystic
04-27-2018, 06:21 AM
sold a pre nerf for 2million plat on live, circa 2005. The next expansion Sks and necros got an instant invis AA, was good times.

xabler
05-27-2018, 11:36 PM
Still waiting on the elders for 90k from Octavian. No luck huh>?

anarchy_84
06-16-2018, 02:28 AM
Sent you a PM, Octavian.

Tethler
06-16-2018, 05:36 AM
If 20k wasn't bad enough, I've seen this DaP twat waffle auctioning one for 250k for days trying to manipulate the price. Don't remember her name, starts with a K.

allpro
06-16-2018, 05:53 AM
Sent you a PM, Octavian.

The Octavian is dead...buried.

kundutra
06-18-2018, 02:13 PM
If 20k wasn't bad enough, I've seen this DaP twat waffle auctioning one for 250k for days trying to manipulate the price. Don't remember her name, starts with a K.

Kyndal...

Vivicide
06-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Shouldn't this be in RnF?