PDA

View Full Version : Character

Troop
03-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Hey guys,

So I haven't played in a while and just came back. Logged in to the server and all my chars were not there. Tried to find some info on the main page and on the forums, all I really found was the /beta command. Created a new char and tried to use that /beta, so it talked about /betacopy which I did and again nothing happened. Now the only other thing I could think off is that I need to recreate the same char on this beta server and then do /betacopy? or do I just need to go to EC and talk to Shady or is it just that we have to wait until march 25/11 until the live server is back on with our old chars??

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find any info on forums, didn't want to look at every pages for an hour.

Troop

ammut
03-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Did you update your game files?

Troop
03-16-2011, 03:33 PM
yeah I just reinstalled the entire package so I have the new update from the getting started part, unless there is another one from main page?

Troop
03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Got EQ changes V4

Sorrow*qc
03-16-2011, 04:30 PM
oh yeah troop is back :P

Troop
03-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Possibly If I can get my chars back lol :p

guineapig
03-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Don't type /betacopy

basically all you need to do is type /beta and after you see all that text type /beta a second time.

The dirrectiong aren't completely clear. You will know it's working because after you type /beta the second time you will see some yellow text, followed by green text that says START TESTING or something like that.

guineapig
03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
But if you are trying to copy a level 1 character on to the beta server you could just as easily create a level 1 character on the beta server instead. I mean if you don't have any gear or anything that needs to be moved.

Bruno
03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Is there even a beta server up?

Sorrow*qc
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
yeah wth are you talking about lol i didnt copy anything and my characters are all there

Bruno
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure his characters are missing on the live server. You probably need to send in a petition on the forums.

Troop
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Well you see, to just be clear the only server I can choose is A 0.8.0. Project1999 : The ruins of kunark. So since there is this big talk about kunark beta and etc, I was guessing that this server was now up as a replacement to live before they release on march 25th because it is the only one with P1999 on it in my list...Since I didn't have my original chars on it. but now when I'll do /beta twice, will my chars all reappear and stay after launch of kunark or is there something funky going to happen again?

Mehrk
03-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Well you see, to just be clear the only server I can choose is A 0.8.0. Project1999 : The ruins of kunark. So since there is this big talk about kunark beta and etc, I was guessing that this server was now up as a replacement to live before they release on march 25th because it is the only one with P1999 on it in my list...Since I didn't have my original chars on it. but now when I'll do /beta twice, will my chars all reappear and stay after launch of kunark or is there something funky going to happen again?

Typing /beta copies THAT character. Unless you want a brand new level 1 transferred to beta it serves no purpose. Project 1999: Ruins of Kunark is the live server.

I have heard that failing to do the v4 changes prevents you from seeing your characters. The new bug going around with log-in issues has also made me log-in without having characters once, however upon relogging my characters were there.

Can't really help ya but can at least say transferring to beta won't do jack.

twizztid
03-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey guys,

So I haven't played in a while and just came back. Logged in to the server and all my chars were not there. Tried to find some info on the main page and on the forums, all I really found was the /beta command. Created a new char and tried to use that /beta, so it talked about /betacopy which I did and again nothing happened. Now the only other thing I could think off is that I need to recreate the same char on this beta server and then do /betacopy? or do I just need to go to EC and talk to Shady or is it just that we have to wait until march 25/11 until the live server is back on with our old chars??

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find any info on forums, didn't want to look at every pages for an hour.

Troop

There is a possible mistake that has been made by you. Did you press the "quick connect to p1999" or whatever. When I do that it doesn't show my characters.

I would advise trying to connect normall and not with the quick button.