PDA

View Full Version : People with recent log-in problems and crashing while zoning, are we all on U-Verse?

dredge
03-16-2011, 09:28 PM

tkleinert
03-16-2011, 09:36 PM
i am on u-verse and 2 days ago this crap all started... same problems as you, cant log on, empty server select screen, constant timeouts and crash on zoning 90% of the time!

Zole
03-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Same here , so it's a possibility of a network issue, however the file replacement message I received could not be possibly affected by At&t as it's a customer server, and file.

Gorgetrapper
03-16-2011, 10:15 PM
And here I thought comcast was bad.

Dac321
03-16-2011, 10:29 PM
I am using U-Verse, and have no issues.

Sounds like it could be related though.

Coril
03-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Anyone get a fix or workaround?

Droop
03-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Drop the ISP?

Muchew
03-16-2011, 10:44 PM
I am having the cant log in / server screen is blank error.

Pretty sure its just ISP problems. I normally have no problems (think this happened a few days ago for a little bit).

I have comcast, and my webpages are loading extremely slow as well. Ping in ventrillo is 1920.

Zole
03-16-2011, 11:16 PM
yeah not sure where precisely the issue is as I don't have the info to do a /tracert to the server and get it to the dev team. However otherwise I'm pulling near 6Mbps downloads and no other real issues other than this site seems to load slow.

We may just have to wait it out and see if it gets resolved by the Isp/ Server hosts.

Mehrk
03-16-2011, 11:46 PM
I originally suggested u-verse simply because I have come to hate it, and blame all my problems on it. Seems sketchy to say it's u-verse.. not getting any lag really, once I get on it's usually fine, occasionally a -1s delay. Vent ping is 40 and pages seem to be loading normally. Only issue is connectivity to servers.

Even so.. damn u-verse.

Ongbak
03-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Had Uverse for years, and I'm happy with them...this was the first time that it happened.

Qwinny
03-17-2011, 02:08 AM
I have U-verse as well. This problem started a few days ago and only has seemed to get worse. I hate U-verse overall, the speed is unreliable and intermittent connectivity issues with them all the time. This problem really blows though, I had no idea that most of us getting this problem though were on U-verse. This really could be a case of throttling if they've flagged the emu login as some sort of p2p exchange. Most major ISPs have been starting to throttle just about any p2p exchanges they find just to avoid RIAA suits involved with their base. This is one of the major reasons we need net neutrality, we dont pay money for this kinda bullshit.

Ele
03-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm on Uverse at home, and it takes me a dozen or more attempts to get to a server login screen that isn't blank, then takes me a few more tries to connect to the server.

I've tried reinstalling a clean copy of EQ, reseting my Uverse gateway, opening the firewall ports. Nothing is seeming to help.

When I'm not on Uverse it works fine.

Gorgetrapper
03-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Well the solution is simple, get rid of Uverse apparently. Dialup is better.

dredge
03-17-2011, 09:48 AM

Spewys
03-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Dredge ... I am having the same damn problem with U-verse WTF. Have not been able to log in to eq in days. I work for Charter comm. I need to switch.

ogrelord
03-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Same problem as the rest of you guys, blank server screen, freezing at character select screen, getting booted when zoneing, just started happening the last few days, i believe i am on at&t uverse as well. Hope i can get this resolved soon, i need my eq fix

Spewys
03-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Open up a ticket with them clowns and see what the deal is. I'm working:-(.

Coril
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Drop the ISP?

Sadly, my apartment complex offers only one choice of providers...

SirAlvarex
03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
A few days ago I had terrible lag. Half the time when I zone it just hangs until I kill the program. Then, after I kill it, the server select won't work for a few minutes.

I'm not on U-Verse, I'm on Mediacom cable.

Muchew
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Still baffled by this. Websites, downloads, other programs are all fine.

Server select screen is blank though...

Spewys
03-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Still baffled by this. Websites, downloads, other programs are all fine.

Server select screen is blank though...

Has to be a port issue with them asses at ATT. They are doing something.

Azzbad
03-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Anyone have a solution? Tech support keeps telling me i am lying.

Qwinny
03-17-2011, 07:39 PM
that's tech support for ya. I used to work for Charter comm too Speweys, Louisville branch.

Curmudgen
03-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe it's Japanese radiation.

dredge
03-17-2011, 09:04 PM

Qwinny
03-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I have to agree that this is pretty lame. I'm one of the people in an apartment building that provides the cable+internet. I dont have a choice but to be on Uverse. Any one have any idea what steps we could do from our end?

Tief
03-18-2011, 02:28 PM
I was having these problems about 2 weeks ago, until about a week ago, and I'm not on U-Verse.

The problems stopped about a week ago, for no apparent reason, as quickly as they had started up.

tristantio
03-18-2011, 02:38 PM
nmap -p 5998 eqemulator.net

(assuming you have a linux box - 5999 for SOF/SOD client)

If you are able to consistently hit the port then most likely it is not a port issue with U-Verse and may be something else giving you trouble (the data itself being sent back possibly).

GLGanjika
03-18-2011, 04:10 PM
: Post Moved Here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=240543&posted=1#post240543) :

choklo
03-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I have Uverse and had the blank log in screen after updating my v4 files. I fixed the problem by deleting and reinstalling my graphics card drivers. I have an nvidia 460 gtx card I just bought.
Incidentally, Uverse recently made some infrastructure changes and is currently making many service calls to fix ISP and cable problems. The guy just fixed our today.

Somekid123
03-19-2011, 11:10 AM
I have SBC but still having the login issues, even if I do get my character in he crashes 99% of time on zone, then it takes another 20 mins to get to character select screen, I havent even been playing EQ lately, cant zone worth a shit.

furny
03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Log-in issues just started yesterday, the 18th. I was playing fine during the day and have not been able to see server select or my characters on quick login. If I sit there for an hour and keep tryin to login over and over I can get in the game, but I LD out upon zoning.

I'm in Chicagoland area on U-verse. Not sure that matters.

Azzbad
03-19-2011, 12:41 PM
also chicagoland uverse as are a few guildies.

had a tech out today no issues with lines

Qwinny
03-19-2011, 11:18 PM
It's not a signal or line issue. It's IP throttling on the part of AT&T. They, like comcast, and most other cable providers, like to find connections on their networks that're connecting via p2p. If they see it continously, and transferring a lot of information, they like to think that it's illegal downloading and throttle that particular IP connection. Thus the effect we see is timeouts (really all that this issue is) every time we login, zone, etc. The info never makes it to us, a few times it does, when you do get that one time when you zone fine, or you actually get a log in.

I've had this problem using Vuze when I was on Comcast in KY. I hadn't had a problem with Uverse really until this happened. Now it's a constant struggle just to play on p99. Frustrating I know, wish I could offer any advice, but really there isn't any, short of chewing the ears off AT&T, but honestly, that's really not going to change anything =/

dredge
03-20-2011, 12:45 AM

Yiblaan
03-20-2011, 02:06 AM
Log-in issues just started yesterday, the 18th. I was playing fine during the day and have not been able to see server select or my characters on quick login. If I sit there for an hour and keep tryin to login over and over I can get in the game, but I LD out upon zoning.

I'm in Chicagoland area on U-verse. Not sure that matters.

I'm in the Chicagoland area as well, but I am on COMCAST

Same problems.... Everything is fine

Just EQ is not connecting on Laptop or Mac or Win XP crap PC

Pisses me off... Wonder if everyone in Chicagoland is having this prob?