PDA

View Full Version : new p1999

Supreme
03-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Curious...

Glad to see Kunark coming along and about to be released.

Can another pre-kunark p1999 server be released that allows multiboxing for those that did not get a change to truely enjoy the nostalgia that alot of us did in Oct 2009?

JUST SAYIN.

Drem
03-17-2011, 03:56 PM
boxing is bitch, so i hope not

Dr4z3r
03-17-2011, 03:59 PM
There is no nostalgia to be found in multiboxing.

JUST SAYING.

Sargonax
Hey Drem! Are you playing here again?

Supreme
Ok even without boxing..

Only suggested boxing if there was a limited population....

But even a p1999 Redux would be awesome!

Chrushev
03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
if you want to multibox play on p99 in one monitor and on another server on another monitor.

Rogean
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
There *may* be another server for classic only, but it will probably be pvp, and it also won't allow boxing.

Keyword: "may be"

Daeminff7
03-17-2011, 04:19 PM
There *may* be another server for classic only, but it will probably be pvp, and it also won't allow boxing.

This may be totally fucking awesome if it happens. As a semi-new player just thought I'd also say thanks for all the work that goes into this project man. Most fun i've had playing EQ... well since when I started when I was like 13 years old.

Panik
03-17-2011, 04:29 PM

WOOT May...

Kassel
03-17-2011, 04:34 PM
This may be totally fucking awesome if it happens.

TanDemain
03-17-2011, 04:35 PM
This may be totally fucking awesome if it happens.

Pokeman
03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
What if we wiped this box before the Kunark release for a fresh start?

Gorgetrapper
03-17-2011, 05:01 PM

It wouldn't be as fun.

Uaellaen
03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
what if we wiped all your pokemon savegames before you can play again?

alWald0
03-17-2011, 05:10 PM
A fresh start sounds no better then multiboxing...

Supreme
03-17-2011, 05:18 PM
A p1999 full loot PVP would be awesome.

Pokeman
03-17-2011, 05:28 PM
what if we wiped all your pokemon savegames before you can play again?

Lets not say things we can't take back :mad:

Prince
03-17-2011, 05:36 PM

not a bad idea- would give everyone an equal chance, would bring lots of players who quit back, and would be a good opportunity to attract new players

Messianic
03-17-2011, 05:38 PM
not a bad idea- would give everyone an equal chance, would bring lots of players who quit back, and would be a good opportunity to attract new players

Terrible freaking idea. It wouldn't give everyone "an equal chance," because some people already spent the time to get items. Taking that away from them isn't "equal."

Hobby
03-17-2011, 05:42 PM
P99 being related to slavery....

I foresee this in RnF soon.

Pokeman
03-17-2011, 05:43 PM
P99 being related to slavery....

I foresee this in RnF soon.

srry deleted post :o

Rennya
03-17-2011, 06:30 PM
imagine the real life, fully grown man tears if that happened!

edit : I truely believe we'd hear about a suicide.

Uaellaen
03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Terrible freaking idea. It wouldn't give everyone "an equal chance," because some people already spent the time to get items. Taking that away from them isn't "equal."

appearently half the server is noone, and thus does not fall under the category everyone! so everyone will be equal!

Droxx
03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I've been playing every day since day 1 and I'm still in favor of a wipe.
/ducks

Bubbles
03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Just for the record.. Considering we're expecting anywhere from 1500-2500+... and a ridiculously high % of those are going to start level 50-51...

I think we might need a second server dedicated to just p1999: kunark.

Or you are going to see.... well.... it's not going to be pretty.

We've already witnessed almost a full year of what it's like to have a top-heavy server with limited xp zones and targets.. And *that* was with god knows what % of the population afk till kunark.

If there is resources for a second server and it's gonna get wasted on the pissant tzvz refugees lurking in RnF who barely play p99 anyways.. Thats going to be a pitiful waste of available resources.

Humerox
03-17-2011, 07:30 PM
it may not be pretty at first, but it will simmer down.

Fenrisulfr
03-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm so glad people can't box. It would be horrendous to grouping IMO

tj218
03-17-2011, 08:15 PM
The PvP server needs to be coin-only loot, perferably team-based. Coin-only still has risk, but no gimmicks (faster bagger has no risk). PvP adds another dimension to EQ gameplay (sick of xping? and EC? go hunt players, coveted camps will have to be earned and defended, not just poop-socked to death).

Item loot only brings out the hacks, and cheats.

Foxx
03-17-2011, 09:17 PM
i heard kunark is going to bring alot more hand holding and sitting around the campfire singing songs. going to be 6 guilds competing for stuff to raid, which 1 competant guild can keep on permanent cycle, kunark is tiny for raiding, its not like the entire server doesn't already know the encounters and needs to figure out a strat, things are going to die fast

Uthgaard
03-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Just for the record.. Considering we're expecting anywhere from 1500-2500+... and a ridiculously high % of those are going to start level 50-51...

I think we might need a second server dedicated to just p1999: kunark.

Or you are going to see.... well.... it's not going to be pretty.

We've already witnessed almost a full year of what it's like to have a top-heavy server with limited xp zones and targets.. And *that* was with god knows what % of the population afk till kunark.

If there is resources for a second server and it's gonna get wasted on the pissant tzvz refugees lurking in RnF who barely play p99 anyways.. Thats going to be a pitiful waste of available resources.

The server should handle that number without a hitch.

Amuk
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Item loot is not fun, spend more time bagging your valuables and avoiding pvp than actually contesting shit. Coin loot + losing the contested mob is enough of an incentive plus bragging rights.

Pls open a pvp server rogean !

mitic
03-18-2011, 04:18 AM

classic pvp only = casters rejoice!

Mitic (Human Wizard or Mage tbd) owning you all, in may.. :D

Omnimorph
03-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Mitic will still roll a ranger even on a pvp server... because he's cool.

Rael
03-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Kunark's not even out yet and people are already clamouring for a new classic server.

Yo dawg I heard you like classic servers so I made a classic server of your classic server so you can classic EQ instead of classic EQ.

Striiker
03-18-2011, 08:45 AM
it is apparent that people lose sight of the fact that there are many, many users on the server who have been putting time in on their play characters who don't care about the fact that they missed out on getting the items which no longer drop or that there are players with a ton of plat etc. I fall into that category as does my wife who recently started playing. P1999 is her first experience playing Everquest and she's really enjoying herself, having leveled up her character to 16 recently. A server wipe would be a huge disappointment to her as all of that work would be gone. We don't have a whole lot of time to play (work, kids, etc) so the couple of hours which we can dedicate to play each night is precious.
Don't get me wrong, I do love fresh server starts a lot. It has a completely different feel compared to older, established servers and I would jump an the opportunity to play on one however I think that at present, it would be best to leave the current server population as is and roll through the remaining expansions, tuning and bug fixing along the way. Once Velious is out and Nilbog is comfortable with the bug situation, a new server would be a great idea. This way, everyone can experience classic on a relatively bug-free server where loot, game mechanics, etc. are as they should be. I suspect that this is the plan (at least that's what I would do and it makes the most sense).

Rogean
03-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Who ever said anything about a server wipe?

Extunarian
03-18-2011, 09:05 AM

Why, none other than your right-hand man and the trusted liaison between staff and community: Pokemon

And of course once someone mentions Server Wipe or PvP we can be sure that people will quickly take it as gospel truth and start pulling out their hair in fear or excitement.

Messianic
03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Why, none other than your right-hand man and the trusted liaison between staff and community: Pokemon

Prince, resident "Tbh"'er, seconded the motion:

guineapig
03-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I heard the new server is going to give out free cookies, milk and epics at level 1.

Bubbles
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
The server should handle that number without a hitch.

I wasn't worried about the hardware side.. ;)

I'm talking about the amount of rage, bs, and general asshattery coming soon to spawns and petition queues near you. close your eyes and imagine bringing back the mana stone on the evil eye. Now multiply that by dozens of spawns. And i'm not even gonna bring up key mobs and raid targets..

For heavens sake, even enforced mandatory there was like 200 on beta and druids were running to crypt from zone in without invis on.

Multiply that x7.5 or x12.5 and you'll get what i'm hinting at. And ffs at least 1/3 of mandatory beta's population was afk in EC tunnel.. Just trust me, any semblance of peace and harmony and mere sanity is going to require a split server.

guineapig
03-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Bubbles has a point there.

Boomlaor
03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I heard the new server is going to give out free cookies, milk and epics at level 1.
Epics I can see, but cookies and milk? Lets not get too crazy here. The game needs to be balanced, after all.

Rogean
03-18-2011, 10:57 AM
The difference is, on a pvp server, we don't have to worry about it. Training and the likes is seen as a form of resolving your disputes.

guineapig
03-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Epics I can see, but cookies and milk? Lets not get too crazy here. The game needs to be balanced, after all.

Can't blame me for trying. :o

I can just imagine the outrage in the baking community.

Messianic
03-18-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm talking about the amount of rage, bs, and general asshattery coming soon to spawns and petition queues near you. close your eyes and imagine bringing back the mana stone on the evil eye. Now multiply that by dozens of spawns. And i'm not even gonna bring up key mobs and raid targets..

For heavens sake, even enforced mandatory there was like 200 on beta and druids were running to crypt from zone in without invis on.

Multiply that x7.5 or x12.5 and you'll get what i'm hinting at. And ffs at least 1/3 of mandatory beta's population was afk in EC tunnel.. Just trust me, any semblance of peace and harmony and mere sanity is going to require a split server.

Quite honestly, I think it's going to be a riot. I can't imagine EQ without crowded spaces, trains, spawn disputes, drama, heavily camped zones...

I agree though, p99 staff manpower is going to be seriously strained.

Striiker
03-18-2011, 11:28 AM

I wasn't worried about any kind of wipe. It's been a subject which has been brought up in the past and I never bothered to respond. It's making the rounds again (as is the request to allow boxing and the various other things which ebb and flow).
I do understand why people would like a wipe and I'd like it for some of those reasons but people don't look at it from other perspectives. I have never been worried about any kind of server wipe as it is completely outside of the goals and philosophy which I've seen Nilbog operate under thus far.

StinkyGreenBud
03-18-2011, 11:30 AM
If i wipe happened i wouldn't come back. I am in no way relvl'ing a toon. Hell i don't even have any alts. Wiz will be my only toon.

Duskoy
03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Well if you guys do add a PVP classic server, I hope you do not add it anytime soon and take away the fun of Kunark on the p99 server(at least let kunark run for 6 months without another server added). It would split the amount of people on the server probably, maybe not 50-50 but I could see 60-40.

Malrubius
03-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Well if you guys do add a PVP classic server, I hope you do not add it anytime soon and take away the fun of Kunark on the p99 server(at least let kunark run for 6 months without another server added). It would split the amount of people on the server probably, maybe not 50-50 but I could see 60-40.

For that reason, I'd hope it doesn't happen until a year or so after VELIOUS. Afterall, you all play on P1999 for my entertainment.

Amuk
03-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Split the player base? I log on in Lguk at 9am on my day off and everythings camped and I just log off. How can anyone find this server fun with this many people and no way to take camps. Not to mention raid mobs that require sitting in a zone for 72 hours and wait for the spawn and be first of however many guilds contest that shit.

If you think Kunark adds that much content you're mistaken, Sev/gore/vs/trak/talendor will be poopsocked to shit.

Striiker
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=Malrubius;240440... Afterall, you all play on P1999 for my entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Heh! That was funny. Some people often behave in ways where it seems as if they think this way..

Amuk
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I think I've come to realise all these people posting their opinions are EC orc camp grps that enjoy other noobs running around to grp with and don't contest high content - there's no way this can be fun for them.

nilbog
03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey guys.. No one is talking about a wipe or a split. Our primary focus is Kunark and making its release as successful as possible.

The amount of forum-silent players waiting for Kunark is.. unknown. For over a year, people have been shelving their characters and waiting for the expansion to arrive. All the while, new players have been joining.

There could be.. a lot of players showing back up. After Kunark releases, the "true" population will be seen. Wait until then to speculate :P

nilbog
03-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Split the player base? I log on in Lguk at 9am on my day off and everythings camped and I just log off. How can anyone find this server fun with this many people and no way to take camps. Not to mention raid mobs that require sitting in a zone for 72 hours and wait for the spawn and be first of however many guilds contest that shit.

If you think Kunark adds that much content you're mistaken, Sev/gore/vs/trak/talendor will be poopsocked to shit.

Hi. This isn't rants and flames. If you want to complain about the population, do it elsewhere.

Rogean
03-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Sev/gore/vs/trak/talendor will be poopsocked to shit.

Sev/gore/tal won't even be available off the bat.

Sargonax
03-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Sev/gore/tal won't even be available off the bat.

Any raid would have to have majority of people at 60 anyway, we all saw how well the gore raid on manditory beta went :p

Lazortag
03-18-2011, 01:24 PM

I really hope that there's mandatory beta testing for this as well, if it ever happens. There are way too many bugs with pvp right now (not just balance issues, but serious bugs), yet the pvp-lovers never report them (I am not a pvp lover, so I see no need to report them, but trust me they're there).

Rais
03-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Will the Beta server remain up during Kunark opens? Such as using it as a
"Live Test"server? Sort of like how Eq Live had the test server?

Knightmare
03-18-2011, 03:23 PM

As one who played exclusively on Rallos Zek in Kunark EQ back in the day...

I would think a Kunark PvP server would be better than the classic PvP server idea, no matter whether item loot,coin,teams or what was allowed. Kunark had begun some no-drop items coming into being which negated some of the worry about item loot. It also introduced another dark race, level fixes and patches to kinda balance things up. Anyway to remove the most warlike race in EQ from the PvP possibility seems.. I dunno.. wrong somehow. Just imho~

Then again, maybe I'm jaded by the experience I had on Rallos back in the day. Either way.. to remove the Iksar and the 51-60 lvls from PvP possibilities would kill me. Ok yes, apparently I am jaded lol. I'd be so torn between the 2 options, I love PvP and I love Iksar... :confused:

Shiftin
03-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Split the player base? I log on in Lguk at 9am on my day off and everythings camped and I just log off. How can anyone find this server fun with this many people and no way to take camps. Not to mention raid mobs that require sitting in a zone for 72 hours and wait for the spawn and be first of however many guilds contest that shit.If you think Kunark adds that much content you're mistaken, Sev/gore/vs/trak/talendor will be poopsocked to shit.

Welcome to "you don't know what you're talking aboutsville"! Please head directly to http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30 without passing go or collecting $200.

Foxx
03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
lol @ harbingers of thule, bunch of lvl 30 iksars running around kunark roleplaying on rallos.

new server, pvp or not, really is besides the point. If people don't think Kunark is going to be overpopulated like crazy they are sooo mistaken. First off, on day one there will be around 100-200 people in field of bone, everyone trying to level an iksar.

Then, for the high levels... there are going to be at least 300-400 people trying to level in the new higher end zones, including tons of people running around TT trying to get there seb keys. There are only so many camps in the higher level zones, even if you count charasis. It's going to be a zoo in kunark, no doubt about it.

as far as raiding goes, there is not enough content for more than one guild. Nobody needs to learn encounters, they are simple and im sure more than half of this p99 box has raided all of kunark including VP, and has probobly completed every single epic countless times.

It's not a question if the hardware can handle 1500+ players in kunark, it's the content that can't handle it.

Knightmare
03-18-2011, 05:11 PM
lol @ harbingers of thule, bunch of lvl 30 iksars running around kunark roleplaying on rallos.

Well, first off most of us were in raiding levels.. I mean really you can't PvP raiding guilds much if you aren't.. kinda should think you'd have figured that out.

But most importantly, really, why the hell do you care how we choose to enjoy ourselves in the game? I am absolutely sure you do lame things in your life that the rest of us would laugh at. The difference is, you're just too big of an asshat to realize it. Because apparently everything you do is just pure awesomeness. And only the things in your little fucked up world count.

Oh, also, if you're going to use the word "competent" in another post:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=240176#post240176

Please try to learn how to spell it. Kind of defeats the purpose of using the very word.

Take your 5 posts and crawl back under your rock, whichever recently banned ignoramus you are.

Swordsly
03-18-2011, 05:42 PM
LoL @ Harbingers of Thule. An all iksar guild is one of the dumbest things ive ever seen on these forums. In fact, we are all now dumber for having read about it.

Enjoy your fail guild. HoT will be the new VD for kunark, a joke guild until some zerg fest raid guild decides to toss them a bone in exchange for warm bodies void of skill. IE. changing them from a joke guild, to a complete joke guild.

Rhodes
03-18-2011, 06:05 PM
LoL @ Harbingers of Thule. An all iksar guild is one of the dumbest things ive ever seen on these forums. In fact, we are all now dumber for having read about it.

Enjoy your fail guild. HoT will be the new VD for kunark, a joke guild until some zerg fest raid guild decides to toss them a bone in exchange for warm bodies void of skill. IE. changing them from a joke guild, to a complete joke guild.

Everquest is serious business.

skill

I lol'd.

Rennya
03-18-2011, 06:36 PM
it would seem to make sense to split the server population across two replica servers. 2000 lvl 50's descending on 6 zones at all times of day is gonna be brilliant to witness. But what about the drama? Surely less drama = less stress for devs/gms/whoever = more time to do whatever they wish.

Psionide
03-18-2011, 07:04 PM
On one hand you got people talking about how it's good to be bringing new players in and getting the word out there for publicity's sake. Then on the other hand it's omg too many players I was here first wtffff. Just play the game either you like it or you don't. Like Nilbog said wait till the damn things out. All this doom and gloom over this is kinda wierd.

Oh, and to the person ragging on that iksar guild it's a game and I don't know if you realize it but people play games to have fun and if they have fun doing an all iksar guild good for them.

Grizzled
03-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok they will make their Iksar only guild and they will have fun. You will continue to do what you do, and still be a bitter flake. :)

Akalakamelee
03-19-2011, 12:33 AM
harbringers of thule acually was a pretty decent guild from what i saw back on RZ. the few i ran into did pretty decent when it came to PvP.

Macken
03-19-2011, 01:40 AM
I want my PEE VEE PEEEEEEEE~!

.....and my loots for free

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GWXDjiKVs2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Macken
03-19-2011, 02:01 AM

Well, first off most of us were in raiding levels.. I mean really you can't PvP raiding guilds much if you aren't.. kinda should think you'd have figured that out.

But most importantly, really, why the hell do you care how we choose to enjoy ourselves in the game? I am absolutely sure you do lame things in your life that the rest of us would laugh at. The difference is, you're just too big of an asshat to realize it. Because apparently everything you do is just pure awesomeness. And only the things in your little fucked up world count.

Oh, also, if you're going to use the word "competent" in another post:

Please try to learn how to spell it. Kind of defeats the purpose of using the very word.

Take your 5 posts and crawl back under your rock, whichever recently banned ignoramus you are.

I was here first wtffff. Just play the game either you like it or you don't. Like Nilbog said wait till the damn things out. All this doom and gloom over this is kinda wierd.

Oh, and to the person ragging on that iksar guild it's a game and I don't know if you realize it but people play games to have fun and if they have fun doing an all iksar guild good for them.

Oh Dear!

Ya'll need some love in your lives. Let Pokeman show you how.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Aj8J2n0rh0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Aj8J2n0rh0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

See there? A little PVP can bring love into your hearts.

ukaking
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM
[QUOTE=Foxx;240545]lol @ harbingers of thule, bunch of lvl 30 iksars running around kunark roleplaying on rallos.

Glad you spelled the name right! Thats what really matters! Keep saying it, the publicity is good. We made it to raid levels on our own and this time around we have an even better situation. We will have fun, we will progress...carry on.

ukaking
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM

I'm sorry, you are obviously mad that we don't take trolls.

Wudan
03-19-2011, 06:50 AM

please consider making Kunark PvP server. Making it just classics does not make much sense imho. Leaving Iksars out of PvP would be a bummer.

Rogean
03-19-2011, 08:33 AM
It's going to be released classic.

I never said it won't ever have kunark.

Alawen Everywhere
03-19-2011, 08:51 AM

This is sounding more like a "probably" than a "maybe."

Rushmore
03-19-2011, 10:46 AM

Rogean I would assume since you have the other server up and running you could just copy paste and make the new pvp server. I'm not rushing you but is it as simple as that or is there a lot of back work?

Supreme
03-19-2011, 11:01 AM
It is not a matter of "If" it is a matter of "when".

Petition queue's and maintenance can be centralized. Fixes and updates can be done without having access to the database and can be submitted for review by authorized admins.

I think the whole thing would be great to have and would be a HEALTHY raiding server=).

Foxx
03-19-2011, 11:24 AM
harbingers getting mad, i didnt even say anything lol just that i remember you pals.. 3 of my home dogs in real life were proud members of the iksar klan... y so serious?

can't wait for this future garage box, and level again from start on a pvp classic box for about the 12th time

ukaking
03-19-2011, 01:05 PM
harbingers getting mad, i didnt even say anything lol just that i remember you pals.. 3 of my home dogs in real life were proud members of the iksar klan... y so serious?

can't wait for this future garage box, and level again from start on a pvp classic box for about the 12th time

Im not mad at all, just glad you are saying our name!

yaeger
03-20-2011, 12:15 AM
As a veteran of EQ PvP for years, as well as many other PvP games. I sure hope you don't intend to make a classic era PvP server without dedicating tons of time and resources towards PvP balance.

No offense, but classic EQ PvP would be broken as all hell. It wasn't until the later expansions that a sudo-class balance came into effect. What someone earlier said "PvP... casters rejoice!" is true. Classic PvP would be nothing but mages, necros, and druids running up, dotting (or pet attack) and running away.

I love EQ. I love PvP. Please don't give us a broken joke of a server.

Amuk
03-20-2011, 12:57 AM
What about wizard and shaman, and shadow knight. or indoor monk/warrior/rogue, trying to balance eq would end in utter fail and saying one expansion made pvp more balanced than others also doesn't make sense.

There's also people who play underpowered classes for the challenge, or pve benefit.

Amuk
03-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Druid, shit, you ever hear of pumice man.

Just release the pvp server with luclin and aa's and give all rangers archer mastery and bow for redic dmg then casters wont be an issue.

Macken
03-20-2011, 02:27 AM
As a veteran of EQ PvP for years, as well as many other PvP games. I sure hope you don't intend to make a classic era PvP server without dedicating tons of time and resources towards PvP balance.

No offense, but classic EQ PvP would be broken as all hell. It wasn't until the later expansions that a sudo-class balance came into effect. What someone earlier said "PvP... casters rejoice!" is true. Classic PvP would be nothing but mages, necros, and druids running up, dotting (or pet attack) and running away.

I love EQ. I love PvP. Please don't give us a broken joke of a server.

Mages do well early. Comparitively, about this same time in P99's timeline, your mage would be easy pickin's already. I guess you could just reroll, but I hear thats alot of exping.

I hope any perceived imabalance wouldn't delay the release of this server beyond March.

yaeger
03-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Mages do well early. Comparitively, about this same time in P99's timeline, your mage would be easy pickin's already. I guess you could just reroll, but I hear thats alot of exping.

I hope any perceived imabalance wouldn't delay the release of this server beyond March.

I was just using mages as an example. Though typically the majority of PvP players will play a solo class to PvE level.

Of course all of this is subject to the server rules: level range, deity based, or free for all.

For 'perceived' imbalance, Classic EQ is notorious for imbalance between classes (pretty much everyone agrees that class balance gradually gets better in Kunark and Velious). We have tons of posts talking about how all the solo classes (mages, necros) seem to be a hands-down better alternative to rolling something like a ranger.

However, balance right now is geared towards PvE. Classic EQ has ZERO balance gone into it towards PvP. Explain to me how, on equal footing, a warrior is supposed to take down a SK.

At least TZ/VZ and other PvP servers tried on EQEmu have been based on PEQ coding, which plays on PoP era inter-class balance.

Like a lot of other PvP servers on EQEmu it'll probably be fun for the first month or so, but after that without significant efforts from the devs there will be a lot of pissed off people.

Kassel
03-20-2011, 02:55 AM

He did not even say he was going to do it let lol. March ....

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-20-2011, 04:45 AM
I'd roll an enchanter on this thing just to whirl lock people and make them cry. It would have to be race-war/guild-war or something for it to be any fun though.

Badmartigan
03-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Melée classes with good resist gear can be straight up beast mode i'n eq pvp... Resist buffs from your friends help too..

Yah.. A warrior running around solo i'n shit gear is gonna get trounced... But people learn,evolve, and make a way outta no way..

Don't think that it will just be a bunch of casters rolling face on the melée...

The speculations from people here are ridiculous... If anyone is actually from the orig tzvzrz servers then you would remener that mellee can really mess people up with the right gear

Macken
03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
He did not even say he was going to do it let lol. March ....

You might want to re-read this thread. You might discover something you missed.

And to anyone concerned about pvp balance- over time it all balances out. If you are worried about mages vs. rangers, when kunark comes out, you won't be. When Velious comes out, Rangers can kill 3 mages at once.

So if you want to make a mage, make it. It won't matter very long at all- 3 months tops.

Macken
03-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Explain to me how, on equal footing, a warrior is supposed to take down a SK.

Like a lot of other PvP servers on EQEmu it'll probably be fun for the first month or so, but after that without significant efforts from the devs there will be a lot of pissed off people.

If said war and sk have high end resist gear and 2h weapons, its mostly a jousting competition. Assuming "equal footing" means gear and not skill, you as a veteran pkr war, you should probably kill any sk who is mediocre at pvp.

Anyone who is pissed off because they chose a class they aren't having fun at in pvp has only themselves to be pissed at.

I understand your points, and they aren't totally meritless. It just seems like you are using a narrow view point to make your claims. If I was afraid of losing a 1 vs. 1, I would find a friend and make it 2 vs. 1. If you think eqpvp is a series of 1 vs. 1's in a circle marked with chalk, with handshakes before and back slaps afterward and everything is fair, you are confused. Being a veteran pvp'r you already know that. I guess I'm confused as to why you want to make your points from such a narrow viewpoint.

A ranger vs a mage in a dungeon near a zoneline could easily go to the ranger on day 1. And it will only get worse for the mage every day after that. There are so many ways to even things up, so many strats. I know you already know this, I am just making sure anyone else who doesn't know as much as you will not get confused.

Anyone who makes a mage either likes mages or is sacrificing their future for the present, or they plan to reroll later. Releasing an emu server obviously isn't going to be perfect. I wouldn't let that keep me from releasing one, nor would i let that keep me from picking the class I wanted to play in pvp once it is released. I played a pvp enchanter on live for goodness sake.

Foxx
03-20-2011, 03:53 PM
i like to play clerics and i cant kill a necro 1v1, imo nerf necros...

lol, thats the argument u guys are making... classes arent balanced for 1v1, or to be balanced in all environments, or to prevent yourself from getting ganked while trying to solo a mob.

this is open world pvp, something none of you have ever experienced unless you played on a zek server back in the day, or played UO and maybe even shadowbane. its not wow arena pvp

yaeger
03-20-2011, 04:03 PM
I understand your points, and they aren't totally meritless. It just seems like you are using a narrow view point to make your claims. If I was afraid of losing a 1 vs. 1, I would find a friend and make it 2 vs. 1. If you think eqpvp is a series of 1 vs. 1's in a circle marked with chalk, with handshakes before and back slaps afterward and everything is fair, you are confused. Being a veteran pvp'r you already know that. I guess I'm confused as to why you want to make your points from such a narrow viewpoint.

A ranger vs a mage in a dungeon near a zoneline could easily go to the ranger on day 1. And it will only get worse for the mage every day after that. There are so many ways to even things up, so many strats. I know you already know this, I am just making sure anyone else who doesn't know as much as you will not get confused.

I wanted to keep it short and concise with some examples to emphasize my point, but you're right. It's not easy to achieve and there will be a new 'flavor of the month' class with every new trick or exploit.

Hell I remember back in the day when people used to charm players in PvP and run em off cliffs, or root and train to make sure they get an exp death. Hell, for the brief time we had MortalQuest up there'd be players that would run in lvl 50+ groups and gank lvl 5 players near the starting areas.

I'd be interested to hear more about this 'may be' from Rogean before saying too much more about it.

Macken
03-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Is the new pvp99 box going to be SZ rules?

SZ rules complete with leaderboard minus trains is the win.