PDA

View Full Version : your most epic fight on p99? 10kpp to best story.

supermonk
05-22-2018, 03:41 PM
what's your most epic fight on this box?

the best story will win a prize of 10Kpp. i'll choose a winner by the end of Memorial Day.

Jauna
05-22-2018, 03:50 PM
your mom

ill be on jauna randomly throughout the next year have it ready by easter.

Lobus
05-22-2018, 03:53 PM
For children with autism, video games are particularly enticing.

However, there can be a dark side to video game use, and an obsession with games can lead to problems like increased attention deficits, difficult behaviors and addiction. Role-playing video games appear to be especially addictive to those with autism. Kids can become very angry when their game is interrupted and they are not able to stop the game or transition easily to the next activity.

“What we find is that the excitement of playing the game builds and that momentum takes over,” Dr. Moran adds. “They have a hard time disengaging from the game when asked, and screen time usually ends up being at the expense of the child being present in the moment with friends or family.”

Many parents agree, citing obsession with games, meltdowns or arguments over appropriate limits and trouble stopping play.

MagpieRockyl
05-22-2018, 03:57 PM
the Filbus defeated a GM in single combat to be sure (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-IMqoGz_Es)

tiadashi
05-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Lots of fights but the most memorable moment was a paladin in qeynos newbie yard asking me for a fire beetle eye rather persistently (spectroscopy was his name a sad man to be certain who i met again much later and apparently spent a couple hours looking for a fire beetle eye and couldnt get one) - anyways another player runs up and says help! drops on the ground and I get that perfect timed bandage off and he lives 8)

fan D
05-22-2018, 04:00 PM
one time i sit in the corner of PoHate and pressed track every 30 seconds for 11hours, stayed up all night.

innoruuk finally spawned at 8am and only about 10 people in my guild showed up. we wiped at 12% and IB fags finished it off and looted an earth staff

DinoTriz
05-22-2018, 04:07 PM
one time i sit in the corner of PoHate and pressed track every 30 seconds for 11hours, stayed up all night.

innoruuk finally spawned at 8am and only about 10 people in my guild showed up. we wiped at 12% and IB fags finished it off and looted an earth staff

Did you have to poop and did you do it in a sock?

Crede
05-22-2018, 04:17 PM
fashionquest/forumquest/everquest vs RL.

Most epic fight that never ends, still going strong after 18 years.

ownagebus
05-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Maybe this can be considered an "Epic Fight":

I've been playing EQ for almost 4 weeks, so I'm rather new to 'Acceptable Behavior Standards'. One situation I learned about within the first week was to '/ooc' when I'm running to the Zone Line with too many mobs by yelling "Train".

About 2-3 days ago I got more practice with warning others of my Trains while soloing within 'Unrest' wherein I /ooc'd that I was Training. I'm not the best at EQ, nor am I fast with my in game movement resulting in the death of a well geared warrior who didn't move away from the front doors.

This warrior immediately threw salt in my private messages. While initially I apologized for my actions, the conversation between us had become toxic. The warrior came back to Unrest and we both went inside the Estate and started attacking targets when suddenly he ran past me with 3 skeletons chasing him. The warrior didn't /ooc that he was training, and so I decided to pull my two targets outside and away from the 'Pathing' of the returning Skeletons; It didn't work as I thought it would and the returning skeletons came running towards me. I knew I couldn't survive so I also ran to the Zone Line.

As I hit the zone line, the Warrior was in the process of Re-Zoning into Unrest and ultimately got insta-killed by 5 skeletons.

Amused, I /ooc'd about what had happened only to be Trained and killed in the process by someone else headed to the Zone Line.

No big deal, Karma is strange at times! I came back to Unrest where a few of the other players and I sparked up a decent conversation. Withing just a few minutes, a high level (naked) Monk had collected all of the mobs in the zone and lead them directly to Me, killing me again and the 3 others sitting around me. This Monk and That Warrior continued Training Unrest for the better part of an Hour, resulting in 6 total Deaths on my end and almost a full level lost.

At the end of that fiasco, I sent the warrior a private message asking him if he and his monk friend were done Training everyone; he replied with "I'm going to petition you if you don't stop harassing me.".

The next day I was approached by someone asking me if I would want to join Raids or Guilds in the future of my experience with EQ. After replying that I was potentially interested, the individual kindly informed me that that Warrior had been telling all of the 'Top' guilds not to invite me to raids or to become a guild member.

"Epic Fights" never really end, Valafeen. ;]

DinoTriz
05-22-2018, 04:36 PM
I once borrowed a Levitate and ran across the Blackburrow pit in front of my high school crush

https://i.imgur.com/sfHScAr.jpg

Llandris
05-22-2018, 04:42 PM
Maybe this can be considered an "Epic Fight":

I've been playing EQ for almost 4 weeks, so I'm rather new to 'Acceptable Behavior Standards'. One situation I learned about within the first week was to '/ooc' when I'm running to the Zone Line with too many mobs by yelling "Train".

About 2-3 days ago I got more practice with warning others of my Trains while soloing within 'Unrest' wherein I /ooc'd that I was Training. I'm not the best at EQ, nor am I fast with my in game movement resulting in the death of a well geared warrior who didn't move away from the front doors.

This warrior immediately threw salt in my private messages. While initially I apologized for my actions, the conversation between us had become toxic. The warrior came back to Unrest and we both went inside the Estate and started attacking targets when suddenly he ran past me with 3 skeletons chasing him. The warrior didn't /ooc that he was training, and so I decided to pull my two targets outside and away from the 'Pathing' of the returning Skeletons; It didn't work as I thought it would and the returning skeletons came running towards me. I knew I couldn't survive so I also ran to the Zone Line.

As I hit the zone line, the Warrior was in the process of Re-Zoning into Unrest and ultimately got insta-killed by 5 skeletons.

Amused, I /ooc'd about what had happened only to be Trained and killed in the process by someone else headed to the Zone Line.

No big deal, Karma is strange at times! I came back to Unrest where a few of the other players and I sparked up a decent conversation. Withing just a few minutes, a high level (naked) Monk had collected all of the mobs in the zone and lead them directly to Me, killing me again and the 3 others sitting around me. This Monk and That Warrior continued Training Unrest for the better part of an Hour, resulting in 6 total Deaths on my end and almost a full level lost.

At the end of that fiasco, I sent the warrior a private message asking him if he and his monk friend were done Training everyone; he replied with "I'm going to petition you if you don't stop harassing me.".

The next day I was approached by someone asking me if I would want to join Raids or Guilds in the future of my experience with EQ. After replying that I was potentially interested, the individual kindly informed me that that Warrior had been telling all of the 'Top' guilds not to invite me to raids or to become a guild member.

"Epic Fights" never really end, Valafeen. ;]

If this is who I think it is, they got what they deserved ;)

highway
05-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Consider the encounters in this thread and add the possibility of pvp. Now that's epic!!

Shinko
05-22-2018, 05:14 PM
When I stole ragefire from tmo

(The old alpha guild on p99)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ivNLDnetOwk

Then the sweet only heart loot after

Check12345
05-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Last summmer...

PoG clear, very few folks showed up. Kelz pulling with a mid 50's bard, we almost ran out of time. We had one shot pretty much.

This was my most epic fight on p99.
Tunare Epic Kill - 55 man (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byTRcrLLNQA&list=PLyaByo5PQD4kHufJPa4G1ywCQeXOSUaI0&index=14&t=0s)

The only one that beats it was when we killed Emperor Ssraeshza after a patch broke the bane weapons needed to kill him. (we killed him with spell damage, 1 hour, 0 deaths)

Morlocken
05-23-2018, 08:01 AM
I missed my most epic fight so far. The Goblin shaman (conned white) blinded me when he was at 60% and I was at about 25%. Thought I was dead for sure but when I got back he was on the ground. Rarr!

azeth
05-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Solo'ing Lucan with Azeth was always intense. The trick is basically get lucky and assassinate his cleric buddy to start the pull. Then you zone off the adds, and deal with Lucan. I would do this using wort pots, of course. Also poisons.

mr_jon3s
05-23-2018, 10:31 AM
My most epic fight never happened on p99. It happened during classic when I made a human wizard, didn't know how to load spells but went and fought a green snake. I died.

aaezil
05-23-2018, 11:11 AM
Trolling the entirety of Rampage :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0IZoxzkacI

Winning an important PD with juicy loot pre velious :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95udG_jnpok

Raping some angry BDA in EC :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvNMHyzZwc

When killing VS mattered, insta engages in kunark were rough starring Detoxx single tanking :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twOFsd-5G-U

Me practicing in the alps last season (bonus) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UieNRdnHJg

This is a video game -- no fights matter or are important.
Sory about your mental illness.

MagpieRockyl
05-23-2018, 11:33 AM
I played while on shrooms once. Sure was epic to me but I was just running around outdoor zones.

the one time i played this game on shrooms i was camping ragefire and i actually peed into a bottle

GEWD TIMES

mumpz
05-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Not sure if this is "epic" by other's standards, but it sure was to mine.

This is a story about how I learned I stick to the back of the party in dungeons I don't know, and why shouldn't track and run in dungeons.

Back story:

Around late twenties myself (halfing druid), a drow rogue, a human monk, and a human paladin realized we had similar play times when we grouped in Mistmoore together for 3 consecutive nights. We created an informal static group. We all hit level 40 around the same time, and Mistmoore stopped cutting it. For the most part, we are not twinks, and we are geared appropriately for our level by p99 standards, and these characters are our mains.

So unsure where to go at level 40ish we decide to take our stab at LGuk. I believe this was our 3rd time in the dungeon, and we were starting to feel more confident in the place. To further improve our confidence, we have our enchanter friend with us. That being said, pretty sure we still got lost getting there, but all good.

The night begins:

Tonight's target was Raster of Guk for our monk's robe quest. We zone in to a mostly empty zone and go through all the hooplah at the beginning and get to the main chamber before the assassin and supplier camp. I check track. Raster is up! We go smack him, and our monk is happy.

I check track again. An evil eye is up! We go smack him while we are over there, and we get the bag. I rolled a 98! Praise the muffins!

Zone is still empty after the evil eye kill. I check track again. A ghoul executioner is up! We hadn't killed him before, but we were feeling confident. We make our way over. Our paladin and monk clear the camp no problem with lull and FD. We smack him and our rogue is happy with his new hood.

We end our crawl by claiming the empty Assassin and supplier camp. We've done this camp two times before. It should be smooth sailing. To make matters even better a twinked SK with a fungi joined us. Full party!

I mess up:

We take the camp for about 30 minutes and things are going great. We kill the Ass/Sup placeholders and the pulls are coming in steady. I am about 40m, and the supplier spawns. We begin fighting him with two adds. Supplier gets mezzed first, and the group starts smacking the adds.

I am constantly checking track to see if we can snag another evil eye while the zone is empty. Mid fight, I decide that I am not sure if my track is reaching all the way over to where he is. I decide to run down the cave entrance a little bit to see if it picks him up. I am confident in party's ability to finish off the supplier and friends without me. They were all full health.

I go half way down the hallway and he is showing on track. I decide to return to my party as they are finishing off the adds.

I am staring at track as I run back, and I am not careful with my footing. I fall down the pit. I am immediately get dropped to 20% HP by the three mobs down there. I get a heal off on myself and get up to 70% or something. I am freaking out. I have no idea where I am. I am not that familiar with this zone. I am scared.

First the paladin jumps down, and begins casting and taunting the frogs off me. Followed by him, our rogue, enchanter, and monk. We CC the mobs, and clear the pull. We are all pretty beat up. I have 20m. The SK stays up top to finish off the supplier and keep the camp clear.

I mess up again:

As I said, not super familiar with this zone. The executioner was my first time in the basement area. We are crawling our way back up to the top. Everything is good although we are a bit bruised and shook up from the fall.

We are fighting two mobs at the bottom of the steps to the assassin/supplier camp. I go up the steps to get the SK to have him help us finish off the camp. I was wrong. We were not at the bottom of the steps there is an entire other level between us and the camp. I aggro the three mobs and immediately take a huge beating. I try to heal myself, but I can't get anything off.

Our paladin LoH's me at 10% HP. Our enchanter is oom, but managed to get most of the mobs mezzed. Right when we start to think we have a handle on the situation, three additional mobs show up out of no where. Our paladin has aggro on all of them, and he is dropping quickly. I am sitting at around 20m. I make the decision to evac us. The SK up top loots the bag, and the succor cast goes through bringing our whole party. We arrive in Butcherblock with our paladin at 5% HP, our SK at full, and the rest of us below 30%.

Glad to be alive, we decide to end the night killing kobalds in Sol B. Haven't been back to LGuk since.

Wonkie
05-23-2018, 12:52 PM
my druid was fighting dread widow in dl and ended up in treeform but mobile. strange day.

Hrothgar
05-23-2018, 12:54 PM
This one time my mother-in-law rearranged my entire kitchen, and I got frustrated.

I lost that fight, tho. Wife aggro + rampaged.

oqrelord
05-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Training in the Field of Bone and then running into a militia skeleton after my third ding off of the scale pups. He appeared to be an even match, but turned out to be quite the gamble... Full health down to 20% in a matter of moments. Meanwhile the skelly's still hacking away at around 35%.

The big decision is whether I make a run for it and hope Quarg is doing his rounds or fight it out to my inevitable death.

The confidence I had while wielding my newly found Shan'tok from one of the reanimated's breathren faded fast. I knew that even if I tried running as fast as I could - heading north east or north west, but never north head on... my back would be exposed and the skelly would have a chance to down me swiftly.

Looking around anxiously in a panic, I started hoping a magical midget would run by and spot me a chloro, but none were in sight.

The decision: fight till death.

I figured why not go out with a blaze of glory? If I die I can always reroll...

Trading a few more blows I eventually hit the jackpot rolls.

Skelly - miss, miss, miss, miss
Scaletale - miss, 7, 9, 12!!!

Well now we're both in the single digits and it comes down to whoever can land a clean hit first.

I down the bastard, but not before he lands a final blow of 3 right into my gut.

So there I am... between life and death, reeling on the floor, my life passing before me in 6 second increments. All I see is red and purple flashing before my eyes.

I'm hoping that som........

End of chapter.

Spend 500 legion coins to unlock the new dlc.

10 legion coins = 500pp
50 legion coins = 1250pp
100 legion coins = 2000pp

Dreenk317
05-23-2018, 01:42 PM
End of chapter.

Spend 500 legion coins to unlock the new dlc.

10 legion coins = 500pp
50 legion coins = 1250pp
100 legion coins = 2000pp

I once had an epic fight with this weird Lordly Ogre (i know, its an oxymoron) who was trying to get me to RMT in order for him to finish telling me a story. But i already knew the end!!! For little did he know i was there!!

..... I was running through FoB one day on my little hobbit legs, god they are beautiful, with very pretty feet attached, and i saw a lizard writhing on the ground, looked like he was in agony.
An opportunity!! You see, i have the power to cure ailments and make people feel all sorts of groovy, this lizard needed some groovy. So i told him what i tell all people that need my groovy, "Pay up sucka!!" and held out my hand.
The lizard looked up at me like i was crazy, sputtering something that made him sound like he was dieing, I stood there and watched, waiting for him to pull out his coinpurse or a gem or something..... He didnt....

StinkyGreenBud
05-23-2018, 01:51 PM

ineubis
05-23-2018, 01:53 PM
As a young dark elf in Nektulos forest... minding my own beez killing a fire beetle...

*Suddenly* Add after ADD! A never-ending stream of shadow wolf, fire beetle, black wolf, fire beetle, times a virtually infinite number of mobs. It lasted so long that I got to use Harm Touch twice in the same fight!

The End

Erica
05-23-2018, 02:21 PM
The most epic fight ever. I take on Trak and like 8 juggs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SbD2sCW7Pk

But really, probably this one. I think it was the first week of Velious so everyone was only Kunark geared. We go after Harla Dar with one group (level 66 enchanter dragon). Shaman dies, Cleric is basically oom and Harla Dar is unslowed and still is at like 75% at least. Then my bard slow lands and we are able to pull it off. It isn't really a "story" but video should be even better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JnYpcfHXnw

lurk
05-23-2018, 02:41 PM
That video where hoku gets sont to flee while the rest of the raid is dead is legendary

azeth
05-24-2018, 08:59 AM
That video where hoku gets sont to flee while the rest of the raid is dead is legendary

yea that didnt happen actually. Hoku knows the truth, as do the logs ;)

Malory Archer
05-24-2018, 09:46 AM
One time I attacked a guy so much that he reported me for hacking and quit the game.

Erati
05-24-2018, 11:06 AM
Druids duo Ragefire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKupqVJELZc&feature=youtu.be

Clutch 55 man Tunare kill, only one attempt was possible with zone respawning if attempt failed:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278260

StinkyGreenBud
05-24-2018, 02:18 PM

xCry0x
05-24-2018, 03:52 PM

I am staring at track as I run back, and I am not careful with my footing. I fall down the pit..

Been there, done that. Many times. Fortunately it was back when lguk was more popular so the frogs were usually dead =)

Baylan295
05-24-2018, 04:12 PM
what's your most epic fight on this box?

the best story will win a prize of 10Kpp. i'll choose a winner by the end of Memorial Day.

Eashan dinging after wiping 2x Blue ToV crawl.

But seriously, my most epic fight on this box was a solo experience in Howling Stones North. So there I was, fully buffed and pulling 3-4 mobs by sending in a pet and pulling agro. Only this time, there were 2 adds that popped up behind me that agroed and HT’d. I got off a stun and an AoE Mez, but am at like, 75% HP with no Runes up. Then, charm breaks. I get beat on. Down to 30% HP with 5 mobs all staring at me. I stun, AoE Mez again, recharm pet and get everything rooted. Rune myself and suicide pet, then continue to keep it all on lock down while I change up pets and kill the rest for XP. Went back to ramp and troll formed up while I med and catch my breath.

Jimjam
05-24-2018, 08:43 PM
afk on red server under Bb docks. Attacked by a paladin.

After 15 mins of being auto attacked my character finally perishes.

I get a port and am back at corpse within 5 mins.

Dude literally wasted 15 mins of his playtime to inconvenience me by 5... I say I win that encounter by 10 mins!

Vormotus
05-24-2018, 09:07 PM
This is a video game -- no fights matter or are important.
Sory about your mental illness.

From an even broader perspective, and just to further elaborate the point ... Nothing at all really matters, in game or out of it .

NOTHING AT ALL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14) ... ;)

Foxplay
05-24-2018, 11:55 PM
I once ported a baby iksar to west commonlands, met him in EJ and he had a bunch of gear on so I assumed he was higher level, he never asked for invis or anything so I just hit the port spell.

He was dead before I even loaded in, I killed him without even dueling him and with only port spells on my bar

StinkyGreenBud
05-25-2018, 02:15 AM
884532, did I win yet?

Tobius
05-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Mine are a bit different op.

Most epic fight on classic:

As young dwarf I travelled Norrath a lot, even as a newb I knew some mobs of the same consider colour could vary a little in strength.

The boat I was on stopped at an island on the way to freeport. I saw a blue con "vampire bat"....

I couldn't resist fighting it, getting some exp mid journey and enjoying a good fight.

I pulled the bat onto the boat.

The bat was strong, I put a good dent in it but I was losing. I panicked. I realised I had no place to go! I couldn't outrun the bat probably and even if I could there was no ZL to run to! And you can't outswim monsters!

Suddenly I'm knocked unconcious! My health bar goes purple, I contemplate what a terrible mistake I've made! I'm tensing up waiting for the you have died "loading please wait" message that always follows.....

*Adam Curtis Voice* Only this time something strange happened.... *Adam Curtis Voice*

At that exact moment the boat starts moving!! It jolts forward! I was shocked at the weird timing and seeing the boat move from a side on arial view but I didn't think anything else of it...

I didn't know the relative speed of the Bat versus the boat. I assume a badass beast like this would be faster... either way, the bat is *ON* the boat regardless right?

Well... perhaps due to it's flying nature or NPC status it didn't count because it didn't seem to be moving in correlation with the boat but I still assume it's faster, and probably only needs one more hit on me anyway!

The boat lurches, he jumps and so on, I'm on the edge of my seat.... I realise he's gradually losing ground! I'm just out of reach of his jaws!

He dissapears from view and Tobius stands on his feet! The boat eventually zones to freeport and I breathe a sigh of relief....

If classic doesn't count and you want P99 specifically:

I just learned to charm and fear on my bard, Cenwood. I never swarm/aoe kite, it's immersion breaking that mobs would gradually die w/o changing their tactics...

I was using one gnoll outside paw to hurt another than fearing both and cutting them down myself!

This time though I accidently annoyed a third gnoll, and took great injuries, in the end I had one gnoll left on a scrap of health and I was left with a larger scrap, the gnoll however hit harder... it would be a sudden death JOUST!

I thought about having the slow gnolls chase me while I healed myself, but I began to worry I might get attacked by something else, I also felt get because it felt cheaty to do that.

I decided I'd be a brave hero and go for it. I charged trying to time it so a song would hit at the same time as my swords!

I hear a loud sound that startles me before I can really proccess what it is! I expected the crunch preceeding the "LOADING" text....

A fraction of a second after this sound the gnoll falls and I am left standing!

The sound was the Iconic everquest DING! I didn't realise I was one kill away! I left the commons there and then. No topping that! Onwards, to Velious!

I had many epic battles with guildies over the years, but I never took as much pride in them as simple ones like that because in guilds you aren't really contributing much individually...

Jimjam
05-27-2018, 01:34 PM
The battle went back and forth; swings, dual wields, quads!

Misses, dodges, parries!

The caverns echoed with the cries of battle!

Crippling blows and emergency first aid.

It was a close call, but eventually I laid that monstrous creature to rest. DING!

TLDR:

Probably that time I soloed an xp green sonic bat on my 59 warrior when I accidently delevelled.

ownagebus
05-29-2018, 08:11 PM
*Cough Cough*

Daloon
05-29-2018, 08:16 PM
1.) Killing 'Master of the Guard' in Sleepers Tomb with 7 people in almost entirely Kunark gear 2nd week of Velious.

2.) 35-manning Vulak'Aerr for 38 minutes.

3.) 65-manning Sontalak Prime 2.6 years ago with only 3 deaths.

khanable
05-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Doing Sev with BDA (90 people total, 76 of which were level 51 druids)

indiscriminate_hater
05-29-2018, 09:28 PM
Antonin

dennardscott86
05-29-2018, 11:25 PM
Veloci Shift was fairly new to going for raiding level mobs and we felt like we had enough kael geared toons to go for a golems in fear. So we broke into fear with maybe four level 60s and cleared began to clear knowing that golems were in window. So far so good. I get my guild set up by the ramp where the Tormentors spawn and Terror spawns.

At this point in time we had no clue how to approach him and all we knew was that the aoe was no joke. We have 1 group of sub-par geared 60s and everyone else ..... Lets just say im a good motivational speaker because their faith in our future success is so high right now. So we try to have the casters sit inside of the ramp circle to avoid the ape, call mana and buff check the whole nine. Everyone is ready. Pull comes in, 20 of us in vent all excited. I drop a mallet into him for aggro and everyone is putting in work, spot heals flying it's beautiful.....then I realize 30 seconds into the fight everyone is dead except 1 cleric, torp shammy, ranger, me on warrior and a Sk. It was a long fight and No clue how we pulled it out but once Terror started to run you wouldn't believe the sigh of relief that was given. Then the bastard dropped just 1 Aon as a prize for us (me).

I had never been so proud of a group of guys more than that coming from almost nothing and growing our own 60s and farming kael like it held the cure for cancer. Being the guild leader for them and experiencing our first "big kill" together like that was something I would definitely love to do again.

Dreenk317
05-30-2018, 01:22 PM
Veloci Shift was fairly new to going for raiding level mobs and we felt like we had enough kael geared toons to go for a golems in fear. So we broke into fear with maybe four level 60s and cleared began to clear knowing that golems were in window. So far so good. I get my guild set up by the ramp where the Tormentors spawn and Terror spawns.

At this point in time we had no clue how to approach him and all we knew was that the aoe was no joke. We have 1 group of sub-par geared 60s and everyone else ..... Lets just say im a good motivational speaker because their faith in our future success is so high right now. So we try to have the casters sit inside of the ramp circle to avoid the ape, call mana and buff check the whole nine. Everyone is ready. Pull comes in, 20 of us in vent all excited. I drop a mallet into him for aggro and everyone is putting in work, spot heals flying it's beautiful.....then I realize 30 seconds into the fight everyone is dead except 1 cleric, torp shammy, ranger, me on warrior and a Sk. It was a long fight and No clue how we pulled it out but once Terror started to run you wouldn't believe the sigh of relief that was given. Then the bastard dropped just 1 Aon as a prize for us (me).

I had never been so proud of a group of guys more than that coming from almost nothing and growing our own 60s and farming kael like it held the cure for cancer. Being the guild leader for them and experiencing our first "big kill" together like that was something I would definitely love to do again.

you survived because the bard you forgot to mention (Dracou) dropped a reaper in your punk ass when you were in the red, right before he started fleeing. Long live bard heroics!
(no, im not dracou, but i heard all anout this fight, and your right, from multiple sources, i heard it was epic)

Dreenk317
05-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Mine are a bit different op.
I just learned to charm and fear on my bard, Cenwood. I never swarm/aoe kite, it's immersion breaking that mobs would gradually die w/o changing their tactics...

By this logic its immersion breaking to use a full group to camp mobs.... If you had just woken up and see an angry looking ogre with two axes and shiny ass armor with some mean looking kung fu lizard and a shaman, with wizard looking friends backing them up..... would you really just charge right at them?

id go back to fucking sleep, let them steal my shit, and move on with my life, but this is p99..... thats not an option..... so... "Die scum, i dont care that its one versus 6 and i have no weapons or armor and am just a goblin trying to mine in my own god damn mines you invader scum!!"

dennardscott86
05-30-2018, 02:20 PM
you survived because the bard you forgot to mention (Dracou) dropped a reaper in your punk ass when you were in the red, right before he started fleeing. Long live bard heroics!
(no, im not dracou, but i heard all anout this fight, and your right, from multiple sources, i heard it was epic)

No one wants to remember Dracou lol

Raavak
05-30-2018, 03:11 PM
By this logic its immersion breaking to use a full group to camp mobs.... If you had just woken up and see an angry looking ogre with two axes and shiny ass armor with some mean looking kung fu lizard and a shaman, with wizard looking friends backing them up..... would you really just charge right at them?Or see a throwing star pass nearby, notice a lone iksar and start chasing him only to turn a corner and see 5 of his friends waiting to ambush you. Wouldn't you just turn and run? I mean, they would probably all con yellow or red to you.

sunbask
05-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Was there a winner? Op was saying by end of the weekend.
If not...

Shinko
05-31-2018, 12:56 PM
Phony

Raavak
05-31-2018, 01:30 PM
<Shinko>

Cheech
05-31-2018, 02:00 PM
1.) Killing 'Master of the Guard' in Sleepers Tomb with 7 people in almost entirely Kunark gear 2nd week of Velious.

These were some crazy fun times.

planarity
05-31-2018, 02:09 PM

We relied on those charm pets in ST and nobody does that anymore.

Don't forget one-shotting original super saiyan vyemm: https://youtu.be/0hiUuL5uTKc

sedrie.bellamie
06-01-2018, 11:05 AM
One day Internode the Warder (but this was pre botb)[and pre his banning] needed a port to some place odd; North Karana. I asked him what he was up to and he told me he was doing the soulfire quest. I asked if it was for an MQ for a paladin alt. and he told me anyone can click the soulfire from inventory and that he had been using charges while solo'ing in HS. So I do a little faction grinding, kill some merbs, and got me a soulfire sitting in a bag.

Cut to some time later still pre-velious and lots of competition for the Trakanon. One time we have a low numbers engage and it was about to be a wipe. Xanthias the Pathfinder (I think this is now after botb) picks up agro on Trak and maybe even uses a reaper of the dead charge and announces in vent that he has agro and needs a heal. One of the officers tells the guild to get a c-heal on Xanthias, someone in the guild mentions that all the clerics are dead. So I whip out the old soulfire and click off a charge to save Xanthias and then use another charge to keep him up to finish off Trak. Lots of questions in guild as too how my druid could c-heal twice. I believe I try to keep quite but someone figures I must have a soulfire and I hate to say shortly after that soulfires really started to be a thing.

but it was still fun to save Xanthias from Trakanon

shout out to Zilo the Outrider

Kimmie
06-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Back in the Kedge Days, <KaN> was doin a Phinny raid with Nalkin, a second mage and me (druid). Things were going smoothly until Nalk got summoned and beaten up a few times. I went in for a heal, but he was summoned again out of range. Phinny smacked him unconscious, and we were pretty much about to wipe....BUT THEN...As I was still in the middle of casting that same heal (for which he was currently OOR) divine intervention happened---His unconscious body did a corpse-slide across the floor, away from Phinny and landed at my feet in range of sup. healing with like 2hp left~

:o

Amyas
06-01-2018, 02:02 PM
When I rolled on red for the first time I kited a super twinked ranger in gfay on a lv 5 bard. They sent me hate tells and I replyed thanks for the plat got any CB belts for sale.

Zekayy
06-01-2018, 05:03 PM
I went to freeport killed a decaying skeleton on a level 60 ;) I win

Knowmercy
06-01-2018, 11:25 PM
good one, with a life lesson at the end - https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2717455#post2717455

Halfelfbard
06-02-2018, 05:45 PM
The Arena was set in VP in a large open room with water on all sides we gather around for the most epic battle of our lifetime.

Aalpha Vs Tortue

For a pre-nerf fungi great staff winner takes all.

The crowd is ready cheer on there favorite monk the VP slayers of the train wars, the pull gods the DPS masters of flying kicks.

I was there people will say, did you hear people will say I was fixed to my screen awaiting the FIGHT words from the officers and leader.

They begin, all out in a matter of seconds it seemed Tortue was already half health and thrashing he took to fast Aalpha's punches and kicks where to strong for him to handle the fight was over...Tortue was down the crowd cheering for Aalpha the winner of the epic battle, His war cry after the fight...

AND I DIDN'T EVEN DISC!!!

Then silence from the officers, and leader...that cold stare they gave him was he really getting the pre-nerfed fungi staff, they only knew. Then...

Aalpha received his prize, the vp train master the puller the DPS meter topper THEN IT HAPPENED

Tortue also the VP train master the puller the DPS meter topper. GETS ONE ASLO!

The fight was a ruse to reward our top monks...greatest fight i ever saw.

Ezrick
06-03-2018, 03:03 AM
Well I'm not sure if it counts as one fight. It was more of a whole night.

My main at the time was an enchanter, I was 45 or so. I do remember it was a holiday weekend with an XP bonus in effect (we used to get double xp bonuses from time to time). Some friends and I had finished up an XP camp in Guk and before quitting for the evening I decided to OOC and see if I could get a bit more xp before turning in.

"We could use you at Frenzy"

"Uhhm, hmm, can you show me the way?" Mind you I still can't find my way around Guk, but it was busy enough that my escort got us to the camp unscathed.

It turned out a ranger was there and he really wanted a FBSS. He was a couple of levels higher than me, and a druid of about the my level was our healer. What followed was, indeed, epic.

The battles started about 10PM. Just the three of us. Then 4 or even 6 in the group. Then back down and up. Ranger tank, druid healer. A single resisted slow put us on knife's edge at times. Others running around training mobs unintentionally (just to see if frenzy was up) resulted in CC and kills that got us behind the spawns and required more CC. At no point did we have a cleric, or any other healer, and at no point did we have another tank. Necro's, Wizards, Mages, Rogues, all of these came into and left the group through the night. We were determined to get our new friend that FBSS.

We were determined, angry even, as the hours went on. Eventually, it always came back to the same three, and we kept on.

Ranger tank, Druid healer. It was so old school it was glorious. On the very edge for 9 solid hours. I finally left at 7AM the next morning, unable to hold my head up off my desk.

I gained two levels at that camp.

The FBSS never dropped.

Jimjam
06-03-2018, 03:37 AM
^Rng battles RNG.

Rofel952
06-04-2018, 09:17 PM
This wasn't on p99.

Sometime around 2000, myself and 3 or 4 friends rolled halflings on Rallos Zek for some fun. There was a human monk fighting in misty thicket and he had some minor twink items. We lured him to the top of that tower near Rivervale. Everyone was hidden except the cleric that lured him. He was easily level 7 or 8 while we were somewhere between 2-4. The cleric blinded him and we all burst out and attacked. He ended up jumping off and no one was able to loot him!

Regardless it was a great time and I'll never forget it!

Swish2
06-05-2018, 12:41 AM
This wasn't on p99.

Sometime around 2000, myself and 3 or 4 friends rolled halflings on Rallos Zek for some fun. There was a human monk fighting in misty thicket and he had some minor twink items. We lured him to the top of that tower near Rivervale. Everyone was hidden except the cleric that lured him. He was easily level 7 or 8 while we were somewhere between 2-4. The cleric blinded him and we all burst out and attacked. He ended up jumping off and no one was able to loot him!

Regardless it was a great time and I'll never forget it!

pras that ^

Imago
06-05-2018, 01:57 AM
Red 99. Tried to 4 man Faydedar in Kunark era with a 60 war, 57 ranger, 52 BP cleric and a 60 rogue. Was trying to snipe it from Empire while I in Friends.

We had the jump, pulled it to oasis island (all the way to the NPCs inside), had barely engaged when Empire came in with 20. Full speed ahead until warrior goes LD at 20%. Kept aggro til maybe 7% as LD until he poofs, just as Empire comes onto ranger track. Tanked Faydedar on the shitcan Ranger to about 4%, when rogue pulls aggro and dies. Cleric goes oom trying to keep rogue and ranger up, rogue dies and Faydedar starts regening. Ranger dies at 5% just as Empire arrives at the island, cleric gets a gate off as Empire snipes the dragon.

Was a sphincter clenching encounter. So much pressure hoping warrior would stay in game long enough to finish the fight, cleric would be able to balance heals and keep mana up, and eventually trying to tank a dragon on a real trash can. Thought we had it til the rogue died, too. Definitely favorite PVE fight.

Best PVP fight?
Azrael vs Holocaust in VP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2QnpPEQnOA

supermonk
06-05-2018, 04:48 AM
gonna give this a read today and choose a winner. sorry for the late response, been a busy few weeks.

coki
07-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Getting down to bottom of Kaesora to grab HS key piece only to find Xalgoz up w/ staff and a gnome mage engaged, staff worth 40k at that time and the mage dies , so I go to engage and also die... I run back get it together, engage xalgoz and get him singled out and down to 45% when the other mage shows up to see me kill him and curse me out for over an hour, it was epic and the first big plat item I scored on p99

shams
07-24-2018, 06:01 PM
On live when my warrior was around level 20 or, he was decked out in set of bronze armor and dual wielding two 6/23 Langseaxes (sp). I was on one of the islands in Lake Rathetear by myself soloing Aviak Guards. I could take one on no problem, but I found myself with an add and proceeded to get into (what I thought) was an epic fight. I was sending tells to a friend in all caps somewhere along the lines of "YOU WILL NOT KILL ME!" or something, and I think I was playing the song from Gladiator for the battle at the beginning of the movie.

I won the fight and would shut up about it when I told my friend at school the next day. I was a weird kid.

Muggens
07-25-2018, 12:57 PM

This is a story about how I learned I stick to the back of the party in dungeons I don't know, and why shouldn't track and run in dungeons.

Back story:

Around late twenties myself (halfing druid), a drow rogue, a human monk, and a human paladin realized we had similar play times when we grouped in Mistmoore together for 3 consecutive nights. We created an informal static group. We all hit level 40 around the same time, and Mistmoore stopped cutting it. For the most part, we are not twinks, and we are geared appropriately for our level by p99 standards, and these characters are our mains.

So unsure where to go at level 40ish we decide to take our stab at LGuk. I believe this was our 3rd time in the dungeon, and we were starting to feel more confident in the place. To further improve our confidence, we have our enchanter friend with us. That being said, pretty sure we still got lost getting there, but all good.

The night begins:

Tonight's target was Raster of Guk for our monk's robe quest. We zone in to a mostly empty zone and go through all the hooplah at the beginning and get to the main chamber before the assassin and supplier camp. I check track. Raster is up! We go smack him, and our monk is happy.

I check track again. An evil eye is up! We go smack him while we are over there, and we get the bag. I rolled a 98! Praise the muffins!

Zone is still empty after the evil eye kill. I check track again. A ghoul executioner is up! We hadn't killed him before, but we were feeling confident. We make our way over. Our paladin and monk clear the camp no problem with lull and FD. We smack him and our rogue is happy with his new hood.

We end our crawl by claiming the empty Assassin and supplier camp. We've done this camp two times before. It should be smooth sailing. To make matters even better a twinked SK with a fungi joined us. Full party!

I mess up:

We take the camp for about 30 minutes and things are going great. We kill the Ass/Sup placeholders and the pulls are coming in steady. I am about 40m, and the supplier spawns. We begin fighting him with two adds. Supplier gets mezzed first, and the group starts smacking the adds.

I am constantly checking track to see if we can snag another evil eye while the zone is empty. Mid fight, I decide that I am not sure if my track is reaching all the way over to where he is. I decide to run down the cave entrance a little bit to see if it picks him up. I am confident in party's ability to finish off the supplier and friends without me. They were all full health.

I go half way down the hallway and he is showing on track. I decide to return to my party as they are finishing off the adds.

I am staring at track as I run back, and I am not careful with my footing. I fall down the pit. I am immediately get dropped to 20% HP by the three mobs down there. I get a heal off on myself and get up to 70% or something. I am freaking out. I have no idea where I am. I am not that familiar with this zone. I am scared.

First the paladin jumps down, and begins casting and taunting the frogs off me. Followed by him, our rogue, enchanter, and monk. We CC the mobs, and clear the pull. We are all pretty beat up. I have 20m. The SK stays up top to finish off the supplier and keep the camp clear.

I mess up again:

As I said, not super familiar with this zone. The executioner was my first time in the basement area. We are crawling our way back up to the top. Everything is good although we are a bit bruised and shook up from the fall.

We are fighting two mobs at the bottom of the steps to the assassin/supplier camp. I go up the steps to get the SK to have him help us finish off the camp. I was wrong. We were not at the bottom of the steps there is an entire other level between us and the camp. I aggro the three mobs and immediately take a huge beating. I try to heal myself, but I can't get anything off.

Our paladin LoH's me at 10% HP. Our enchanter is oom, but managed to get most of the mobs mezzed. Right when we start to think we have a handle on the situation, three additional mobs show up out of no where. Our paladin has aggro on all of them, and he is dropping quickly. I am sitting at around 20m. I make the decision to evac us. The SK up top loots the bag, and the succor cast goes through bringing our whole party. We arrive in Butcherblock with our paladin at 5% HP, our SK at full, and the rest of us below 30%.

Glad to be alive, we decide to end the night killing kobalds in Sol B. Haven't been back to LGuk since.

My favorite

Tethler
08-03-2018, 10:05 PM
gonna give this a read today and choose a winner. sorry for the late response, been a busy few weeks.

Who won? Don't leave us hangin.

Tethler
08-04-2018, 03:58 AM

d3r14k
09-21-2018, 04:37 PM
I like Mumpz's story best, probably because I'm the Paladin in it. Please pay him 10k.

stifling
09-21-2018, 07:37 PM
My most epic fight happened on my paladin in South Karana at the aviak house camp.
I was medding up near the bottom of the ramp where I was soloing aviaks, when a naked level 45 or so troll comes rolling by and I recognize his name. I asked him whether he used that name on live and he said he always used it in every game. Turns out this guy ran the guild that I always aspired to join when I watched my friend play on Tarew Marr back in 1999-2000, i never played enough to join the ranks of this particular guild but I watched my friend, who was a member, raid with these guys for a long time before I ever had my own pc.
On a whim I challenged him to a duel. I think i was around level 25 with decent armor and a ghoulbane/shiny brass shield... I nearly killed him when he didn't take it seriously at first so he ran away for a while, but he ended up pummeling me to death at the end. We chatted for a while about old times for a while after that

stifling
09-21-2018, 09:43 PM
Just thought of another story that I wanted to share lol

Was on my rogue around level 45 I think? I got it in my head that I could now kill stormfeather solo, I played probably 80% of my levels solo on this character and I liked challenges.. so I had been lurking around the camp off and on for a few days trying to get info, there was no list at this time, finally I stayed there one evening for a few hours when I witnessed the guy who had the camp actually kill the bird, so I now had the timer and no one else was there waiting so I sat down and waited, claiming the camp for myself. I remember that I was not sure if I was going to be able to win the fight, so i had lots of anxiety about it. Anyway I sat down and waited for the first window which came and went, then the next window was going to be in the morning at like 4am to 8am or something I forget. Now some time after the first spawn was skipped, this ogre warrior came and sat down next to the spawn. He was almost entirely unresponsive, the only thing that I could get out of him was whether he was here for stormfeather or not and he said he was, I figured that he was goin to get the timer and be next in line... I stayed awake until about 11 and was getting pretty tired when I had a great idea... I was standing next to the previous camp holder guy when the last stormfeather popped and I remember you could hear it's wings beating when he spawned, so I just turned up my speakers to maximum and went to bed. (Pc was in my bedroom)
I woke up later when I heard the music of the character select screen and freaked out. Its like 2am and I had been at this camp for like 35 hours so far, which is something I have almost never done for any game, I was not going to lose this camp.
I was sure I had only been Link dead for a few minutes because I am a light sleeper, and the music was painfully loud, I failed the first attempt to reconnect and nearly punched the screen... When I finally got back in there was that fat ogre warrior standing there Claiming that he was taking the camp because I left. After arguing that I had just gone link dead I just stayed there, figured that the bird was not due for several more hours and if he wanted to contest, he would do so.
I went back to sleep, parked there next to the spawn, speakers at 11...
I woke to the sound of the wings flapping, jumped out of bed and watched him just start to roam. I ran after him and engaged. Soon after the fat ogre warrior started attacking him, intent on stealing. I think i would have died to stormfeather had the warrior not been there, so I dropped agro with sneak and then got it back with backstabs again and again, he did everything a warrior could do but in the end I got the kill, got the map piece, and endured lots of swears from a fat ogre warrior