PDA

View Full Version : Interested about class/race choice

Arkanjil
02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, I have to say that I am a victim of the cookie-cutter best race for a certain class. But, my question to you all is if there are some of you who create certain classes/races just because they do suck or for the rarity of that combo?

I was thinking of doing this for my alt...maybe going with an Erudite Paladin, Gnome Warrior, female Halfling Cleric. Just some ideas I'm playing with just because you never see them.

Before you slam my ideas with "No, I don't because they are horrible combos, thus you never see them" this question is going out to the people who actually prefer playing the horrible class/race combos for that title of rarity.

Will be interesting to see what some people are/thinking about playing.

President
02-14-2010, 08:27 PM
I considered a gnome but then went with half elf. Just wanted what looked cooler, stats aren't so important at higher levels. (Though I have encountered a lot of problems not being able to bash without a shield)

Taluvill
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Well
Stats in classic do matter, ogre warriors make a huge difference compared to gnome wars, especially with raid gear and all that jazz.

But i made a Half Elf Druid because there was one in a book i read. I liked it a bunch, and thats what i played on live. It is nice to be in the rarity and at the top of the totem pole. It can be done.

Certain race/class combos are definitely better. a lot of it depends on the class thoguh, because int casters can max int without being an erudite pretty easily, so going for something that has more sta/str/agi/whatever could be better.