PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for a new server?

Aleinan
05-26-2018, 05:12 PM
P1999 launched 7 years ago. People on the server have multiple lvl 60 toons. Everywhere you turn every single player is twinked to no end. The server economy is inflated to death, and more platinum exists then I can imagine. As someone who didn't start until years after launch, I feel like I, along with many players on here, really missed out on the true classic feel by finding out too late. I'd love to see a P1999 relaunch to reset the server for the players that love the game. It seems unlikely when accounting for resources and time put into this server, but one can dream right?

MagpieRockyl
05-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Sadly, no

Jimjam
05-26-2018, 05:48 PM
The time of new server will come, but today is not that day.

bomaroast
05-26-2018, 06:02 PM
P99 launched 8.5 years ago, my dude

Pint
05-26-2018, 06:26 PM
Oct 2 2009, never forget ~

MagpieRockyl
05-26-2018, 07:22 PM
Weird that's my b date

Daloon
05-26-2018, 07:40 PM
I don't think volunteer staff has time/resources/energy for a new server. Id much rather see Luclin but 2001 content isnt classic in their eyes. Plus a lot of us are banking on Pantheon, and a new server would cause an even bigger divide and would turn playercount low with 2 servers+red+Pantheon.

Jauna
05-26-2018, 07:48 PM
You may think you want a new server, but you don't.

Mblake81
05-26-2018, 07:54 PM
relive the past x2

nah

Tenderizer
05-26-2018, 08:31 PM
People on the server have multiple lvl 60 toons. Everywhere you turn every single player is twinked to no end. The server economy is inflated to death, and more platinum exists then I can imagine.

Well, not so much anymore. Braknars been doing gods work and fixing some of those issues. last month alone server lost 3 manastones that I could research.

but what im really trying to say is wipe it all Green.

David Johnson
05-26-2018, 11:40 PM
I agree in part. You can go to P2002 if you want Luclin. Another blue server would weaken the population of the current one. Maybe something could be done to the current server, but the economy was sort of ruined not long after EQ began. I dont think the game was intended for countesses hours of plat farming.
Case in point. Does anybody ever buy a wrist pouch?
You can join Auld Lang Syne if you want a more classic experience. They have a closed economy and a no twink policy.

Bboboo
05-26-2018, 11:43 PM
new server would be worse than what we have now.

shuklak
05-26-2018, 11:53 PM
A new server would stimulate the economy.

Jauna
05-27-2018, 12:25 AM
I said, You may think you want a new server, but you don't.

You think its ganna be all fucking candy shits and dingle berry farts? No. Here is whats really ganna happen

Scenario 1: Blue99 stays, Blue99_01 opens up. People on Blue99_01 rush everything anc camp stones and masks and either RMT or use blue99 plat for their Blue99_01 toons
And after the dust settled, shit gets nerfed, people rush to raiding and heres the fucking kicker. People switch between both servers to fight over raid targets. Note that the staff/gm/guide size did not grow much over the years. Batphone, switch servers, rush, batphone again, switch back and so on. And if you have yet to realize things on Blue99 are getting cheaper. Plat might be getting easier to get but shit is getting cheaper outside of the no longer drop stuff.

Scenario 2: Blue99_01, and original gets shut down. People are ganna see those 8 and a half years being thrown away to nothing and lose interest on doing it again

Scenario 3: Pantheon opens up the same time Blue99_01 opens up and you have to pick between the two and no matter what you do fate will make you pick the wrong one. You pick Blue99_01 and miss out on Pantheon's rush, and if you pick Pantheon you miss out on your new neo p99 experience

You might think you want a new server, but you don't.

Swish2
05-27-2018, 12:41 AM
It would be interesting to see how the top guilds on a new server coped without having alt-50s/60s camped out at each target...which was made possible on this server by being able to buy accounts for in game plat a bunch of years ago. I sold one myself but that helped me gear a cleric with the finest tapestries and armor that vanilla could offer.

Jauna
05-27-2018, 12:48 AM
1 bard
5 possible raiders
entire zones
final destination

Jauna
05-27-2018, 01:34 AM
Oh wait the 25 target limit would probably transfer over.

Swish2
05-27-2018, 01:38 AM
shit's classic ^^

Swish2
05-27-2018, 04:30 AM
I don't recall any real use of bought toons in IB. If anything more people sold toons than bought them as they were 60 and had nothing to do for 6 days a week.

TMO definitely had a bunch.

fzzzt
05-27-2018, 05:37 AM
Not if they plan to implement it the same way, no.

If they're open to changes, then absolutely. I would even help develop and run it.

Jimjam
05-27-2018, 05:44 AM
A new server would be perfect for all those married to p1999:

A wedding gift:

Something old,
Something new,
Something borrowed,
Something blue.

ticks all boxes.

Canelek
05-27-2018, 06:27 AM
All the conspiracy theories.

Tenderizer
05-27-2018, 09:51 PM
All of the 'not haves' want a new server so they can get their guisestones/beads/lustrous etc shit.

I consider myself one of the Haves even after giving everything away 1 time and stopping to play other games over the years. yet Im still here, you would be surprised how appealing the journey is and the nostalgia of the eq draw.

Bordsythenewb
05-27-2018, 10:52 PM
There is project 2002.

Gumbo
05-28-2018, 12:59 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again... You want to wipe the server and start over, fine. But when the server gets started over. Start it with everything already banned and nerfed.

Everything on the Removed Items (http://wiki.project1999.com/Removed_Items) list should not be put into the game and any changes the Mods/Devs made to epics and weapons should also be made.

Now, we can play with a new server...

Thisone
05-28-2018, 08:34 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again... You want to wipe the server and start over, fine. But when the server gets started over. Start it with everything already banned and nerfed.

Everything on the Removed Items (http://wiki.project1999.com/Removed_Items) list should not be put into the game and any changes the Mods/Devs made to epics and weapons should also be made.

Seems like a good idea to me. What's the opposing argument to this? "Not classic"?

I imagine if the original devs were to roll a new server, they'd include the changes.

Champion_Standing
05-28-2018, 03:43 PM
You didn't miss the "classic feel", there were a lot of inaccurate things and overpowered tactics that shit on the game right from the beginning that weren't fixed for years. Right now the game is more classic than it has ever been, but it's up to you to play in a way that gives you the nostalgia you crave. Start a no twink guild or group.

Swish2
05-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Seems like a good idea to me. What's the opposing argument to this? "Not classic"?

I imagine if the original devs were to roll a new server, they'd include the changes.

I think they'd implement the patch notes in accordance with the timeline. So you'd have all the things that were "wrong" from later patches still there. If not, are we really reliving classic EQ?

Swish2
05-28-2018, 07:24 PM
The only thing I'd add to that is, we all know people are scumbags when it comes to loot hoarding, or pushing their share of the server's wealth 0.1% higher than everyone else...so do the devs want to police that? (corpsing manastones, etc)

indiscriminate_hater
05-28-2018, 07:50 PM
I want a new server just so I can see the hope get smothered from the eyes of people like OP when they realize it won't solve any problems

Firenze
05-28-2018, 10:26 PM
That could be fun. Pick your three favorite items and start on the new server. I'd be game for that.

Foxplay
05-29-2018, 02:53 AM
Luclin please. I know there's p2002, but that community doesn't compare to how socially active p99 blue is.

Even if p99 staff liked luclin (pretty sure they don't) and wanted to do a luclin server. I very much doubt there is enough players in addition to those already playing on blue to populate it to a healthy capacity without dividing the player base of blue.

Thats kinda the double edged sword TLP servers suffer... they ride a short wave of hype and "freshness" getting to relive that nostalgia, but after its faded it serves to only tear rifts in a already small community time and time again

Then you must consider the fact that they are a very small staff to begin with, the fact that p99 is great as it is nothing short of amazing (at least I think so).

Lertze
05-30-2018, 09:21 AM
Then you must consider the fact that they are a very small staff to begin with, the fact that p99 is great as it is nothing short of amazing (at least I think so).

Let's never forget this. I've still got that glint of novelty, having only played for a month or so. It's pretty cool that this even exists, is relatively populated, and is free.

Honestly, what if the devs just "accidentally lost" all character data and backups and just said "whoops, our bad, REMINDER: IT'S FREE" If it was convincing, we wouldn't see the endless whinging like we would if they announced their intentions and reasoning. That's like making a Star Wars movie, doing anything, and also doing nothing, is wrong.

Torik
05-30-2018, 09:26 AM

I agree with this 100%. The reason why so many items were removed or nerfed is because they were deemed too powerful.

Jimjam
05-30-2018, 09:46 AM
I agree with this 100%. The reason why so many items were removed or nerfed is because they were deemed too powerful.

Maybe after green (true classic!) we can have GOLD server where broken items and glaring bugs (like yelinaks tiny Tormak faction hit) are fixed from day 1 (or whatever the subjective opinion of staff are improvements).

highway
05-30-2018, 10:19 AM
The adventures and immersion on red are going to be very nice this summer, come visit

pink grapefruit
05-30-2018, 06:00 PM
Still waiting for teams pvp.

Polixa
05-31-2018, 10:32 PM
I would like to see a new server where the content has been revised to give the classic feel of not knowing where everything is.

Mob levels are changed everywhere, named drop different loot. Paw of Opolla is now a mob drop, Fungus Tunic is a quest item, etc. Maybe tweak item stats and invent whole new ones. Spawn mechanics might change in different spots, maybe totally move named spawns... Rename all mobs and all statted items. Tradeskills revamped.

Nothing can be looked up on a wiki and it all feels brand new.

(I'm not volunteering to do all that work, mind you).

geatz
06-21-2018, 01:12 AM
You didn't miss the "classic feel", there were a lot of inaccurate things and overpowered tactics that shit on the game right from the beginning that weren't fixed for years. Right now the game is more classic than it has ever been, but it's up to you to play in a way that gives you the nostalgia you crave. Start a no twink guild or group.

logged in, played for a few hours, ran into a lv 5 rogue with epic, 30 minutes later received Velious gear handout, quit and uninstalled decided to wait for server refresh, this is not the classic experience.

Swish2
06-21-2018, 01:15 AM
logged in, played for a few hours, ran into a lv 5 rogue with epic, 30 minutes later received Velious gear handout, quit and uninstalled decided to wait for server refresh, this is not the classic experience.

Rogues can't equip their epics until 46 though? Right?

This is a swiss cheese story similar to tales of being camped by level 60s at level 1 on the red server.

Nachtsuchen
06-21-2018, 04:48 PM
As a new player, I can say that I am absolutely thankful that there are people so well established on the server. I've received immeasurable help from others that has very well helped my friends and myself get our adventures started. :) Maybe once we hit the 10 year mark though!

LulzSect©
06-21-2018, 06:01 PM
i recently started up (yet again) with a friend and sort of reminded of my live experience (Kunark)

if you’re a filthy casual non raider, it sort of doesn’t matter how long the world has existed

it’s pretty damn fun getting an epic POTG and smashing orcs etc etc minor twinking etc etc

skarlorn
06-21-2018, 06:31 PM
levels 10 thru 35 will always be good for a laugh about once every two years

Hakubi
06-21-2018, 08:32 PM
The problem with Vanilla or progression is the inevitable inflation and that everyone knows it goes to shit after PoP or Velious so there is a definite end to content, so unless it's the server with custom content there is no point. You kill populations permanently by wiping the entire thing and the end result will be the same due to non-sufficient resource sinks. My idea would be to put an NPC that checks a database and assigns "value" to oversaturated items/plat for the era but made for good camps in the past, kinda like tribute but the in demand items change every so often to keep an equilibrium. What the incentive is I don't know maybe a roll for a guise/no drop prenerfs, or something bigger like tying it to guild tags and getting a tiny chance on respawning warders with a time locked FTA. Then you'd see the server being cleaned out of 8 years seafury plat, duped cash, hoarding, and twink gear bloat with a healthy economy again. Minus the chardok leveled scum.

But then again I did get a Skull-shaped barbute, Adamantite Band, and Djarnn's (!!) ring for free the first 2 weeks of Kunark begging in EC so big dick philanthropy was always around. 1200pp SCHW and goblin skull earrings dipping to 1.5k... not so much.

mr_jon3s
06-21-2018, 08:39 PM
I want a new p99 server just so I can get the rush of seeing everyone at the newbie zones grouping together and running around naked using rusty weapons.

Vormotus
06-21-2018, 08:57 PM
I want the rush of seeing everyone together running naked

Ohhhh, I too enjoy reading between the lines man , (wink, wink) ;)

https://i.imgur.com/jApF7Pb.gif

Phenyo
06-21-2018, 10:11 PM
RELEASE THE GREEN

beiff
06-22-2018, 12:07 AM
I have a few friends who would come back is there was a new server

Ketu Garyx
06-22-2018, 01:57 PM
Want a new server? Devs not giving it to you?

<Auld Lang Syne> is recruiting, apply now!

Click below on this informational poster to find out more!

http://i.imgur.com/bw11KKL.jpg (https://discord.gg/nzdDS2r)

Phenyo
06-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Want a new server? Devs not giving it to you?

<Auld Lang Syne> is recruiting, apply now!

Click below on this informational poster to find out more!

http://i.imgur.com/bw11KKL.jpg (https://discord.gg/nzdDS2r)

All the ALS people i see grouping with the average velious geared player sure living that classic experience. Nothing says classic like ALS members attending open vindi raids with overgeared velious raiders and obtaining vindi bps and other items!

Ketu Garyx
06-22-2018, 05:59 PM
Vindi BP - Singular. And we make up about 3/4 of Hydra alliance btw lol. ALS fields 30+ raiders on its own raid nights thanks :) We do Kael just fine and regularly mess up WW dragons including Harla. Have fun :D