PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Poison

tj218
03-20-2011, 04:10 PM
I was under the impression that Rogue's making and applying poison was broken.

Is it working?

If so, any tips on getting started?

Abacab "The REAL truth"
03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I was under the impression that Rogue's making and applying poison was broken.

Is it working?

If so, any tips on getting started?

This is how I raised my skill:

I put as many trainer points in as possible that should put you at 21 points, place points in apply poison as well. With this skill you should be looking for asp venom sacks which you can then use to raise your skill to 24.

From there you'll be making extract's so you'll need to collect any of the following ingredients; permafrost crystals, russet oxide, jack-o-lantern fungus, charcoal, iron oxide combine any one of these with a water flask and a empty vial up to level 36

Now you'll need to go buy stacks of gnomish spirit and amber, both can be bought in freeport from JC merchants and a few NPC's by the docks, combine these to make amber resin up until you reach 46 and they become trivial.

At this point start purchasing lined vials and suspensions and take the opportunity to collect putrid bile it takes two putrid's per combine to make a putrid bane but you can do this up until 56

Your next combine is called lixt-wing dust which requiresembalming dust it also takes two dusts for a combine but can be used to achieve a skill of 76 fairly easily.

Festering nettle is your next goal so collect and or purchase ashroot and make the combine until you reach a skill of 87 at the point you are trivial and need to move on.

From this point move to WK, and find a person named Gindlin Toxfodder near the NK zoneline towards the bottom of the zone, from him you'll be purchasing Lactera and constrict suspension continue making aching blood until you reach a skill of 108 and they become trivial

You'll now be using sealed vials, and at this point you need to find Gelsemium Root which is available at alchemy merchants so all you'll need to do at this point is run from WK to Halas and continue making brain freeze until a skill of 130.

Now onto making choking asmag, all you'll need to do is collect asmag weed which is in abundance around Sol A use this combine to attain a trivial skill of 151 and then you'll need to move on

Collect more sealed vials and suspension and head over to Steamfont, you'll need to locate an NPC named Ennixy Frennor and begin purchasing King's Thorn you'll be making calcium rot until a skill level of 172 when it becomes trivial at that point you'll need to move on

Now all you'll need to do is spend some time in splitpaw, and while there collect stacks of Wolves' bane which drops after every kill so it's fairly easy to accrue several stacks use a larent suspension and a sealed vial to create Monk's Hood aconite until you reach a skill of 194. While here also collect white hellbore which will be used to create visionic pain used to obtain a skill level of 204.

Now you'll have to do several combines which can be time consuming in order to make metallic alkaloid but first stuff first:

- Create lead peroxide by acquiring tumpy tonic and purchasing lead sulphide from Myre in Kaladim near the bank, I'd find a brewer to make you several stacks of tonic beforehand.

- Buy Cinnabar from Myre in Kaladim and combine this with Gnomish Spirits which can be found around the area, if not head back to freeport and buy more from the dock area, you'll use this combine to make quicksilver

-Combine lead sulphide with limestone which is bought from Myre to create white lead

Combine the following: Lead Peroxide, Quicksilver, White Lead with a sealed vial and larent suspension to make metallic alkaloid until you reach a skill of 215

Your next goal is Amnesic Lolium which requires snowfall algae and tares lichen the algae can be bought at alchemy shops and the lichen is dropped in permafrost from goblins so it's easier to stay around the Halas area, continue to make this combine with a sealed vial and larent suspension until you reach 236

Make your way to Sol B and as you kill Kobolds you should be looting death caps and black henbane which then can be used to create crippling peptide until a skill of 247

Temporal rot can now be made which can be used to achieve a skill of 258, this recipe is fairly simple just collect embalming dust and head back to the steamfont merchant buy more kings thorn and wood rose and make the combine.

While at the steamfont merchant take the opportunity to pick up some brimstone, you'll need this to make Iron Dimethyl, take the brimstone and combine it with two small pieces of ore found at Groflah's forge to create Iron sulphide combine with two quicksilvers that I showed you how to make earlier to create Iron Dimethyl, repeat this until you attain a skill of 268

This would be the cap so far in P99 due to several recipes being absent until kunark, when kunark is released you'll begin again starting with spirit of sloth which is trivial at 275

Also for reference:

http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/recipe_quicklist.php?rsa=Make%20Poison&menustr=080080900000

tj218
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the informed response.

Do high level rogues bother with poison often? Bosses, or just regular xping? I remember I used to monkey with it back when I played on Vallon Zek (Kunark era) due to the added bonus it gave during PvP, but I don't ever really remember using it for PvE.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
03-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the informed response.

Do high level rogues bother with poison often? Bosses, or just regular xping? I remember I used to monkey with it back when I played on Vallon Zek (Kunark era) due to the added bonus it gave during PvP, but I don't ever really remember using it for PvE.

Currently, no.

Some of them are situational such as muscle lock IV procs are good for soloing if you're a rogue with high enough intimidate but the slows/snares/debuffs are weak in group content and offer not a whole lot of benefit.

Even the DoT/DD based poisons are good for one shot then *poof* tbh poisons didn't play a huge roll in PvE until the ammo slot equipped clickie poisons that gave a 10 minute buff to proc

fugazi
03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
They're nice for PvP .. that's about it.

shuklak
03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I guess the good part is rogues didn't really need them. from what I recall they were always great dps with a good backstabber.