PDA

View Full Version : monk epic question

Shahshah
05-30-2018, 01:54 AM
hello, i have fangs and was wondering if i can complete the epic with an mq'd celestial book, despite being level 43 and not being able to equip right away. i want to get it out of the way so i can focus on xp, any help or insight greatly appreciated

Kavious
05-30-2018, 02:04 AM
Yes

Level 1 (If you can access the zones you need) can Complete Epic Quests

Level 46 to Equip

Level 50 to Click/Proc Epic

Shahshah
05-30-2018, 02:08 AM
tyvm for ur time man i figured but just wanted to make sure.

wagorf
05-30-2018, 11:04 AM
sorry don't mean to hijack your thread - is it possible to get a MQ to LOOT the celestial book? or LOOT the demon fangs?

basically i dont want to do a thing other than paying plat

Dreenk317
05-30-2018, 11:27 AM
Wagorf, yes it's possible, will cost you about 40-45k to loot demon fang or get it mq'ed. Not sure on book

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 01:43 PM
why do people charge so much for demon fangs anyways? as far as I can tell there are no bottle necks and the mobs to kill are either always up or on short respawn timers.

jpetrick
05-30-2018, 01:59 PM
No one is getting 40k - 45k for fangs. I sell mine at 25k for a MQ, 30k for loot rights.

kined
05-30-2018, 02:03 PM
sorry don't mean to hijack your thread - is it possible to get a MQ to LOOT the celestial book? or LOOT the demon fangs?

basically i dont want to do a thing other than paying plat

i mean, at that point you're just changing talking to an NPC with looting an NPC... as far as i know there is nothing you really have to do for most multiquests. they just hand the first item to the NPC then you hand the other thing and you get the item. one way or another you still have to organize with the person you are buying it from, so i dont see what the big difference would be.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 02:05 PM
No one is getting 40k - 45k for fangs. I sell mine at 25k for a MQ, 30k for loot rights.

still seems a bit much for a cycle of 4-5 mobs you can kill several times over in one play session, unless I'm missing something about it that is a bottleneck.

joppykid
05-30-2018, 03:51 PM
still seems a bit much for a cycle of 4-5 mobs you can kill several times over in one play session, unless I'm missing something about it that is a bottleneck.

People pay for it though so why wouldn't he keep that price.. Just because it seems easy, some people might want to be lazy and pay for it. Definitely an easy epic though.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 03:58 PM
just a bit confused at how one arrives at that price. people sell entire rogue epics for 25-30k, cleric epics for 50k. how long do those take to complete? you can go out with your kill squad empty handed and have demon fangs in 2 hours..

I guess I'm just disgusted at the MQ market. not sure why any monks would pay that much for such a small portion of their epic! Do people sell the other half of the monk epic for more? you know, the half that actually takes hours and hours to complete?

jpetrick
05-30-2018, 05:23 PM
If you can go from charred scale to demon fangs in 2 hours I would be impressed.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 05:25 PM
If you can go from charred scale to demon fangs in 2 hours I would be impressed.

oh my bad, 3 hours! Seriously, dude?

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 05:27 PM
when my buddies and I round out a good crew might just need to start farming these and selling them for 5-10k. You greedy bastards are a blight on the server.

jpetrick
05-30-2018, 05:33 PM
oh my bad, 3 hours! Seriously, dude?

If they have neither the desire or means to acquire an item on their own then why does it matter to you what they are willing to pay?

jpetrick
05-30-2018, 05:34 PM
when my buddies and I round out a good crew might just need to start farming these and selling them for 5-10k. You greedy bastards are a blight on the server.

Go for it. I value my time more than that to ask for that amount.

Redscom
05-30-2018, 05:53 PM
2 > 3 hours is accurate. 2 people is all you need also. The idea you need a Crew for Demon fangs is silly. Knowledge is the key. Some have it and some don't. Those who don't pay those who do. Sound familiar?

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Go for it. I value my time more than that to ask for that amount.

Cool then maybe your greedy ass will find something else to do when the price drops?

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 06:37 PM
2 > 3 hours is accurate. 2 people is all you need also. The idea you need a Crew for Demon fangs is silly. Knowledge is the key. Some have it and some don't. Those who don't pay those who do. Sound familiar?

it just seems like a large discrepancy compared to what people normally charge for MQ. like I mentioned before, people sell the rogue epic for the same price, how long does that take to complete?

Jimjam
05-30-2018, 07:01 PM
it just seems like a large discrepancy compared to what people normally charge for MQ. like I mentioned before, people sell the rogue epic for the same price, how long does that take to complete?

Not very long at all, especially considering the 'planar fight' is actually just a ground spawn.

I bashed one out in a couple of hours on live with a 65 war, 50 rogue and 2 mercs. Obviously it would take longer here, but that at least gives you an idea of the ease of the rogue epic.

jpetrick
05-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Cool then maybe your greedy ass will find something else to do when the price drops?

Deciding my time is valuable and pricing it accordingly is greedy? How do you go through life with this mentality?

Argh
05-30-2018, 08:28 PM

If--as you've stated earlier in this thread--there are no bottlenecks and everything is on a short respawn time, why do you care at all if anyone is selling them (at any price) since nobody is being cockblocked from completing their own shortly thereafter?

Is it a hard concept to grasp that some people would rather pay 25k for something than to spend 3-4 hours of their own time and the time of their pals?

The only thing I've gathered from this is that you likely don't have anyone to help you complete this quest, and can't afford to buy the MQ. PM me if you need help with either. Praying for you.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 10:36 PM
Deciding my time is valuable and pricing it accordingly is greedy? How do you go through life with this mentality?

It’s not how you value your time that makes you greedy, it’s trying to gouge people on something that can be 1 grouped any time of the day that makes you greedy. The server would be so much better off without MQ, classic or not. Barring that happening, the server is much better off without you and others like you.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-30-2018, 10:40 PM
If--as you've stated earlier in this thread--there are no bottlenecks and everything is on a short respawn time, why do you care at all if anyone is selling them (at any price) since nobody is being cockblocked from completing their own shortly thereafter?

Is it a hard concept to grasp that some people would rather pay 25k for something than to spend 3-4 hours of their own time and the time of their pals?

The only thing I've gathered from this is that you likely don't have anyone to help you complete this quest, and can't afford to buy the MQ. PM me if you need help with either. Praying for you.

I have already completed the monk epic a while ago. I didn’t pay some scum 20k or more to do the fastest part of it for me either. I did it the way it was intended. Thank you for your offer though!

Redscom
05-30-2018, 11:47 PM
Ziggy you are so angry. Maybe some time off? A new game? Something enjoyable?

jpetrick
05-30-2018, 11:48 PM
It’s not how you value your time that makes you greedy, it’s trying to gouge people on something that can be 1 grouped any time of the day that makes you greedy. The server would be so much better off without MQ, classic or not. Barring that happening, the server is much better off without you and others like you.

I ask for a price, it is the consumer’s choice on whether or not to pay it. Clearly i’m not stopping anyone from obtaining a set of demon fangs. You said it yourself, there’s no bottleneck. I merely offer a route if someone would like to obtain a set with minimal effort spent on their part.

I think the server would be better off without ignorant people such as yourself spouting off about their fairytale version of what the server should be.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-31-2018, 12:06 AM
Ziggy you are so angry. Maybe some time off? A new game? Something enjoyable?

It’s not anger, it’s justice. There’s a storm coming, boys. Your MQ fatcat days are coming to a close.

Argh
05-31-2018, 12:19 AM
It’s not anger, it’s justice. There’s a storm coming, boys. Your MQ fatcat days are coming to a close.

I'll buy every MQ you get for 5k for every new monk that posts in this thread. Line em up.

Foxplay
05-31-2018, 01:21 AM
Eejag > Gwan > Trunt > Vorash (final fight)

Ziggy you are just jealous about ppl making plat in a way you either don't have the means to do, or don't want to do.

Honestly If ppl want to be lazy and skip 4 easy fights for 25k-30k then whatever that's on them. It's either because it's convenient and they can easily afford it, or because they for whatever reason don't want to join a guild or are to shy or something to just ask for help

Redscom
05-31-2018, 01:29 AM
Fox you said it well. People are just lazy.

Ziggy. The mobs are there for anyone. Just go kill them. Feel free to do it so much that the price drops to 10k. I am sure lazy monks everywhere will praise you.

wagorf
05-31-2018, 04:32 AM
didn't expect a simple MQ question to turn out like this

i for one wont pay 30k for fangs if it takes 2-3 hours to do with a few friends - but i will if it's 15k

everyone has their price standard, i can't help it if other monks want to pay 30k

maxlaurent
05-31-2018, 05:04 AM
same, I would pay max 10k with my 58 monk for the fangs.
These fights are so easy and not contested at all

supermonk
05-31-2018, 08:21 AM
the entitlement on this thread is hilarious.

Redscom
05-31-2018, 08:36 AM
Entitlement? Where is that located?

Raavak
05-31-2018, 09:07 AM
https://i.imgur.com/o7wY1ms.jpg

Wonkie
05-31-2018, 02:49 PM
Entitlement? Where is that located?

it's from the dictionary

Lojik
05-31-2018, 03:13 PM
For people who aren't that familiar with the fights (and not talented at eq) these fights could take 5 hours for a group of 6, with a chance of failures increasing the time cost. 5x6=30 man hours, you think that's worth 5k?

kjs86z
05-31-2018, 03:32 PM

I'll give you 15k for the loot rights for my monk alt!

Nightbear
05-31-2018, 06:14 PM
I'll buy 4 MQs from Ziggy at 5k a pop. Let me know when they are ready

ZiggyTheMuss
05-31-2018, 10:58 PM
hold on hold on boys these are on back order currently one at a gotdamn time, please!

Maliant
06-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Over / under on not one selling for 10k or under?