PDA

View Full Version : I Did Not Agree!!

Tupakk
05-30-2018, 09:41 AM
So in light of this new Enforcement of Sky where any guild can say one thing and do another I want an open day where no guild can lay claim to Sky. This would be for the farmers, the unguilded, and the questers that are looking to get theirs.

As pointed out everywhere every guild apparently has signed up for this agreement yet looking at the list of guilds versus the sky list not every guild is listed. So yeah not every guild has agreed. Maybe the lower guilds, Steamfont Raiders?? Who are they?? Novae?? They haven't done sky in forever years.

So lets do the right thing and not let Clue turn Sky in to an "Eat Shit" fest.

If you represent your guild and want to see change in how Sky operates post your opinion and let everyone know how you feel. Don't let the ban curb your opinion in fear of a ban. That being said don't say stupid shit or you will just prove the point that p99 can not have nice things.

Maliant
05-30-2018, 09:43 AM
If you want an actual policy discussion with any teeth I suggest you move your thread to the raid discussion forum.

Tupakk
05-30-2018, 09:45 AM
If it gets moved there that would be awesome.

Swish2
05-30-2018, 10:24 AM
I can confirm <Make A Swish Foundation> wasn't consulted on the matter of PoSky... my inbox is available and not full at this time.

Endonde
05-30-2018, 10:34 AM
If guilds are going to be allowed to hold Sky slots forever regardless of whether they actually use those slots, then at least 1 and preferably 2 slots should remain open so anyone not within the rotation can have the opportunity to raid Plane of Sky occasionally.

With this new ruling, any player not within the Sky rotation is forced to buy an MQ for a Necromancer epic, and a Ranger epic.

Swish2
05-30-2018, 10:37 AM
I think most necros are still in the position of needing to buy their epic even without Sky :/

Endonde
05-30-2018, 10:59 AM
I think most necros are still in the position of needing to buy their epic even without Sky :/

While I agree the Slime blood situation currently sucks, and most necro's will buy that as well at least if you wanted to complete your epic without buying anything you have the opportunity to compete for Fear golems (although I certainly think the current Fear golem situation is cancer.)

For Sky now if you are not in a guild with a Sky slot you currently have no opportunity to get the sky cloak required for the epic outside of buying it. On top of that there are many other amazing items from Sky that cannot be MQ'd at all, Ranger cloaks, Cleric necks, Shaman rings, etc etc. To completely deny players access to those items unless they are willing to join certain guilds who may not even be doing sky on a regular basis seems wrong.

Tupakk
05-30-2018, 11:01 AM
While I agree the Slime blood situation currently sucks, and most necro's will buy that as well at least if you wanted to complete your epic without buying anything you have the opportunity to compete for Fear golems (although I certainly think the current Fear golem situation is cancer.)

For Sky now if you are not in a guild with a Sky slot you currently have no opportunity to get the sky cloak required for the epic outside of buying it. On top of that there are many other amazing items from Sky that cannot be MQ'd at all, Ranger cloaks, Cleric necks, Shaman rings, etc etc. To completely deny players access to those items unless they are willing to join certain guilds who may not even be doing sky on a regular basis seems wrong.

Completely agree.

Dreenk317
05-30-2018, 11:25 AM
If you want one day where only non guilded and guilds not on the list can go. Then make it so you can't go up on any other guilds day, for any reason.

No more farm crew on everyone else's noble/overseer, Tupakk. Because let's be honest. You and your farm crew go to snipe nobles no matter who's day it is.

Goodest
05-30-2018, 11:43 AM
No more farm crew on everyone else's noble/overseer, Tupakk. Because let's be honest. You and your farm crew go to snipe nobles no matter who's day it is.

/\ AMEN

If you ask a friendly guild they will normally let you join them for SKY always need more people for sky fun stuffs. When I needed sky items I would sit in WC when i would have the time at the wizzy area and ask if I could join on raid all the time, every time I got was YES more PEOPLE.....

Stroboo
05-30-2018, 11:47 AM

how do we stop this sorta stuff is the real question...

Endonde
05-30-2018, 11:51 AM
If you want one day where only non guilded and guilds not on the list can go. Then make it so you can't go up on any other guilds day, for any reason.

According to the recent ruling this is already against the rules, so if someone kills mobs on your sky day you should be able to just petition them, but I think the perfect solution to this problem would be to go back to the system where guilds leave Overseers up and just kill Nobles, after a week or 2 everyone should be able to get a Noble spawn on there Sky day.

You can see posts regarding the previous Your day your noble agreement on the raid forums, IE. https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154977

Just facts
05-30-2018, 12:07 PM
According to the recent ruling this is already against the rules, so if someone kills mobs on your sky day you should be able to just petition them, but I think the perfect solution to this problem would be to go back to the system where guilds leave Overseers up and just kill Nobles, after a week or 2 everyone should be able to get a Noble spawn on there Sky day.

/This
And to make it official:

Anyone that goes up and kills anything on "Steamfont Raiders skyday" be it Nobles or monk guy or uses the quest mobs during our time slot, causing them to despawn will be petitioned!

This will be our policy until this Permanent sky slot policy is reverted back to what it was before this week, that is you can keep a slot as long as you do 1-7 each week if you can't, you open up to share so you are able to do 1-7 each week making it possible for as many guild as possible to take part of sky and enjoy Classic EQ

Officer of Steamfont Raiders

Wonkie
05-30-2018, 12:26 PM
/This
And to make it official:

Anyone that goes up and kills anything on "Steamfont Raiders skyday" be it Nobles or monk guy or uses the quest mobs during our time slot, causing them to despawn will be petitioned!

This will be our policy until this Permanent sky slot policy is reverted back to what it was before this week, that is you can keep a slot as long as you do 1-7 each week if you can't, you open up to share so you are able to do 1-7 each week making it possible for as many guild as possible to take part of sky and enjoy Classic EQ

is this a real guild? like not created just for lawyering?

MagpieRockyl
05-30-2018, 12:26 PM
Counter proposal:

you ahve to be able to kill gorenaire at 3 AM EST in order to take your guild to sky

Just facts
05-30-2018, 12:35 PM
is this a real guild? like not created just for lawyering?

[Wed Jun 29 22:24:24 2016] You have joined Steamfont Raiders.
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:24 2016] You are now a regular member of the guild.
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:24 2016] GUILD MOTD: Royler - Only requirement, have fun! :)
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:27 2016] You are now an officer of the guild.

Doil_Boil
05-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Lol backfire thread.

Why stop with rotating sky? Let's rotate Hate, and Fear, ToV, VP, Chardok Royals, Kunark Dragons. But only guilds on the list can enter those zones! Seems totally fair to me. Gatekeeping > competition.

Where was the ban when whoever broke the Overseer agreement? I remember that pissed a whole lot of people off but nothing was done about it. I for one would support it being reinstated.

Shouldn't the agreement only apply to the agreeing parties?

Tupakk
05-30-2018, 12:51 PM

This isn’t just about noble. See the bigger picture. Also nobody is gonna stop killing OoA. Which makes noble a 7 day spawn. Which means he is only available for one guild. Also not fair.

I just want to see an open slot or a refresh of the current slots. There are a lot of guilds and only allowing up to 14 to be part of Sky isn’t right.

Tupakk
05-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Shouldn't the agreement only apply to the agreeing parties?

That’s what needs to be fixed. UNTZ isn’t apart of this agreement yet they got bent over because one Clue person decided so.

Wonkie
05-30-2018, 12:56 PM
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:24 2016] You have joined Steamfont Raiders.
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:24 2016] You are now a regular member of the guild.
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:24 2016] GUILD MOTD: Royler - Only requirement, have fun! :)
[Wed Jun 29 22:24:27 2016] You are now an officer of the guild.

alright sorry. sidenote please switch to RNF for awhile.

Dreenk317
05-30-2018, 01:06 PM
This isn’t just about noble. See the bigger picture. Also nobody is gonna stop killing OoA. Which makes noble a 7 day spawn. Which means he is only available for one guild. Also not fair.

I just want to see an open slot or a refresh of the current slots. There are a lot of guilds and only allowing up to 14 to be part of Sky isn’t right.

It's because of keys and respawn. Only so many slots are available.... the math is simple. Does it allow a slot for everyone? No, but it allows is as many guilds as possible access, with opportunity to re-key to increase force size. Only so many keys drop, not all guilds can bring everyone, every time, untill they get some people with corpses keys, only like 20-25 keys drop off island 1-2.

And your saying it's fair to farm crew noble because he isn't available to all guilds everyday? I sure enjoy seeing your farm crew thread offering to sell all the efreeti drops for exorbitant prices. I guess fairness is in the eye of the beholder. Also, the fact that there are two monthly quakes now resets OoA/nobles spawn timers, giving more guilds the chance he's on there Day/timeslot.

I'm sorry but your never gonna convince me that you care about the well being of the server and not your ability to farm sky drops during other people's slots without being banned.

Just facts
05-30-2018, 01:10 PM
It's because of keys and respawn. Only so many slots are available.... the math is simple. Does it allow a slot for everyone? No, but it allows is as many guilds as possible access, with opportunity to re-key to increase force size. Only so many keys drop, not all guilds can bring everyone, every time, untill they get some people with corpses keys, only like 20-25 keys drop off island 1-2

You can buy key to 2 and be dragged to 4 if needed and I think limitation is at isle 2 or was it 3 ? with 20 keys or something, one from each mob, other isle's drops alot more keys

Dreenk317
05-30-2018, 01:18 PM
You can buy key to 2 and be dragged to 4 if needed and I think limitation is at isle 2 or was it 3 ? with 20 keys or something, one from each mob, other isle's drops alot more keys

ya, i cant remember either, i just know there is a choke point island.

Tupakk
05-30-2018, 01:21 PM
It's because of keys and respawn. Only so many slots are available.... the math is simple. Does it allow a slot for everyone? No, but it allows is as many guilds as possible access, with opportunity to re-key to increase force size. Only so many keys drop, not all guilds can bring everyone, every time, untill they get some people with corpses keys, only like 20-25 keys drop off island 1-2.

And your saying it's fair to farm crew noble because he isn't available to all guilds everyday? I sure enjoy seeing your farm crew thread offering to sell all the efreeti drops for exorbitant prices. I guess fairness is in the eye of the beholder. Also, the fact that there are two monthly quakes now resets OoA/nobles spawn timers, giving more guilds the chance he's on there Day/timeslot.

I'm sorry but your never gonna convince me that you care about the well being of the server and not your ability to farm sky drops during other people's slots without being banned.

So holding hostage a slot because you picked it circa 2016 and go once a month is fair.

Fair or not fair competition is there for the taking. Everyone bitches about farm crews but we see nobody when it’s time to spawn. We aren’t gonna give you free pixels, sorry. Sirken said third him self and I continue to say it as well. This holds true with all things p99 related. There are the people that play and the people who want to play but don’t or can’t chose your phrasing so they petiton and lawyerquest til they put up enough fuss and the result is this.

Quakes or no quakes people will take advantage of OoA especially those that are keyed and ready to go. When quakes happen nobody thinks about sky it’s last on the list and better believe 95% of the time the sky day/night holder isn’t doing it they are focusing on dragons. Leaving mobs up in any other environment is grounds to take it and those not in agreement with the Sky rotation because they don’t have a slot shouldn’t be penalized.

So stay on topic this isn’t about me and my crew at his is about making Sky available to all if slots can be opened or if someone asks a guild if they aren’t going then it should be free to all.

Dreenk317
05-30-2018, 01:32 PM
its about you, and your crew, and the fact that if this is the new ruling moving forward, you can be banned for farming noble/OoA during other peoples slots (which is every time you would kill it seeing as you dont have a slot.) And the fact that this means you can no longer farm sky and sell efreeti drops. Thats what your stake is in this.

You can sugar coat it, and paint it pink, but that doesnt mean its not your shit, and that its all you care about.

Tupakk
05-30-2018, 01:38 PM
its about you, and your crew, and the fact that if this is the new ruling moving forward, you can be banned for farming noble/OoA during other peoples slots (which is every time you would kill it seeing as you dont have a slot.) And the fact that this means you can no longer farm sky and sell efreeti drops. Thats what your stake is in this.

You can sugar coat it, and paint it pink, but that doesnt mean its not your shit, and that its all you care about.

It’s been happening for well over a year and no repercussions

This is for all the guilds that don’t goto sky that could want to or want to get their epic are now forced to possibly get banned for trying to play the game.

Get your pea size brain to understand that.

If I can’t farm noble whoop dee fucking doo. I’ve watched him stay up for a whole day before anyone decided to do him. And guess what he was done by someone not on that days slot each time.

Stop trolling and get on topic or leave the thread thank you.

Argh
05-30-2018, 03:11 PM
Guess this would be important to you since you farm nobles 24/7 and should be suspended the next time you kill one (or retroactively even if any guild has logs of you doing this recently) if the new policy is enforced consistently.

Puluin
05-30-2018, 03:19 PM
The second sons go to sky every Thursday afternoon. We have not missed more than a couple of those sky days.
We also frequently allow people from outside our guild to join us if you are A: not a dick. And B: not a greedy dick.

So if you find yourself without a guild and just really don't want to be in a guild but really would like a shot at sky loot, get in touch with a leader of second sons. If you put in the effort and keep your keys even if you are missing a week, I'm sure there would be little issue.

Bboboo
05-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Stick to "leading" DaP kid.

aaezil
05-30-2018, 04:59 PM
tupak noble sniper is crying about sky now? rofl?

Jimjam
05-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Inconsistency is the only consistent thing here.

I remember Sirfloppy would come up to Sky to snipe Nobles on our night and threaten to petition us!

Sadiki
05-30-2018, 05:54 PM
Two quakes a month ruined this. It's now become a waste of mobs to leave OoAs up. Would be nice if quakes didn't repop every single mob on the server.

aaezil
05-30-2018, 06:51 PM
Buriedpast, nice manifesto, but im sorry about your mental illness

loramin
05-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Has anyone consulted Loramin on this? It needs to be OK'd by him.

:confused:

Jimjam
05-30-2018, 06:59 PM
Why all this talk of OOA?

Wasn't the original story that the team was on isle 4 to farm KoS?

icedwards
05-30-2018, 07:01 PM
Why all this talk of OOA?

Wasn't the original story that the team was on isle 4 to farm KoS?

Yes

Jimjam
05-30-2018, 07:06 PM
Yes

Well going to isle 4 to break the OOA agreement makes a lot more sense than going to isle 4 to spawn a KoS every couple of hours.

Edit: I n fairness to farm team, I thought the OOA agreement was largely disregarded now that the earthquakes messed with the noble/OOA cycle though...

aaezil
05-30-2018, 07:17 PM
what does "pending contact" in the sky agreement page mean? Does it mean that that slot is now FFA until they can be contacted?

Stroboo
05-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Buriedpast, nice manifesto, but im sorry about your mental illness

i came back to attempt to re-read it only to find it has disappeared...and all the time it must have taken.

Argh
05-30-2018, 07:27 PM
I will donate 50k to any guild's guild bank who has logs of a farm crew killing noble in the last two weeks that puts in a petition which results in a suspension.

MagpieRockyl
05-30-2018, 07:29 PM
I will donate 50k to any guild's guild bank who has logs of a farm crew killing noble in the last two weeks that puts in a petition which results in a suspension.

smashing my heart react

khanable
05-30-2018, 08:31 PM
My monk is about that age - going for an epic soon

I'm going to assume Gwan isn't something we need to ask guilds for as long as we're pretty far away from their time (ie, middle of the day)?

khanable
05-30-2018, 08:45 PM
How is gwan different from keeper of souls on isle 4 for necro, or swirling sphere on isle 4, spiroc lord for wingblade on 5.

If you got 6 or 8 pals, you can do them. But now you NEED to be in one of those guilds, or have a relationship with them in order to do so? Sure you can buy keys to Gwan and he's 2mannable, but shrug.

Reality is that's silly, gwan should be free game :p

i'm posing the question so nerds theorycraft and argue it for 10 pages and I can come back and get my answer tomorrow night

but i'll start by saying gwan doesn't have an 8 hour or whatever spawn timer like those other things

Swish2
05-30-2018, 09:50 PM
The second sons go to sky every Thursday afternoon. We have not missed more than a couple of those sky days.
We also frequently allow people from outside our guild to join us if you are A: not a dick. And B: not a greedy dick.

So if you find yourself without a guild and just really don't want to be in a guild but really would like a shot at sky loot, get in touch with a leader of second sons. If you put in the effort and keep your keys even if you are missing a week, I'm sure there would be little issue.

Sounds like a solution to the guildless.

I don't get why people refuse to join a guild by the way. If you want to play 1-player, play Skyrim/Morrowind/etc.

Argh
05-30-2018, 10:14 PM
I don't get why people refuse to join a guild by the way. If you want to play 1-player, play Skyrim/Morrowind/etc.
Or red.

Swish2
05-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Or red.

The joke is on blue really, the amount of raid rules in place... plus having to rotate a raid zone that nobody enjoys doing anyway :o

Niedar
05-31-2018, 01:16 AM

And if they do join a guild but its not a guild part of the agreement? What then.

Swish2
05-31-2018, 01:26 AM
Sounds like that's a leveling guild or Dial a Port

Foxplay
05-31-2018, 01:31 AM

Being guildless doesn't mean you always play alone, it just means you don't want to involve yourself in the public pity party drama that is alot of guilds and the raid scene on blue99

Sadiki
05-31-2018, 02:17 AM
a raid zone that nobody enjoys doing anyway :o
This is the real truth of Sky.

klw
05-31-2018, 03:25 AM
This is the real truth of Sky.

If you don't like sky then you don't like true raiding on EQ; clear + boss fight.

Boyblunder
05-31-2018, 09:05 AM
Why raid when you can park alts on Isle 4, kill boss, loot, and charge phat pp?

Just facts
05-31-2018, 09:11 AM
On a serious note, weekend slots really should be open to everyone.
Or just make the keys permanent and you wouldn't need a sky schedule it would be a normal plane like any other.
I always wondered why rules on p99 seems to be made so to create the most possible chance for conflicts. Doesn't it get tiresome after a while? Day after day same drama. I think this server has lost more guilds to rule lawyer bs and others bs that has nothing to do with what the project goal.

Doil_Boil
05-31-2018, 03:17 PM
On a serious note, weekend slots really should be open to everyone.
Or just make the keys permanent and you wouldn't need a sky schedule it would be a normal plane like any other.
I always wondered why rules on p99 seems to be made so to create the most possible chance for conflicts. Doesn't it get tiresome after a while? Day after day same drama. I think this server has lost more guilds to rule lawyer bs and others bs that has nothing to do with what the project goal.

Not classic

gwideon
05-31-2018, 03:46 PM
Gnomish Greetings!

When I went looking for a guild to join, I looked at guilds that were already doing what I wanted to do. Sky was one of those criteria. Many of the guilds that raid sky do not have difficult criteria to join.

Sky is not like the other planer zones in that if you get a drop you walk away with something useful. You get 1/3 or 1/4 of something useful. You have to return regularly to complete the items. It deserves special consideration and the player made agreement is the best way.

There are some guilds that are on the rotation that may have difficulty regularly completing the entire zone. Why not contact them to see if they will share the slot with you? Eventually some guilds will move on and a place will become available if you are animate about not sharing.

Throwing away the rotation because you are not willing to work within the system is selfish. There are other options if you are willing to explore them.

Just facts
05-31-2018, 04:04 PM
Gnomish Greetings!

When I went looking for a guild to join, I looked at guilds that were already doing what I wanted to do. Sky was one of those criteria. Many of the guilds that raid sky do not have difficult criteria to join.

Sky is not like the other planer zones in that if you get a drop you walk away with something useful. You get 1/3 or 1/4 of something useful. You have to return regularly to complete the items. It deserves special consideration and the player made agreement is the best way.

There are some guilds that are on the rotation that may have difficulty regularly completing the entire zone. Why not contact them to see if they will share the slot with you? Eventually some guilds will move on and a place will become available if you are animate about not sharing.

Throwing away the rotation because you are not willing to work within the system is selfish. There are other options if you are willing to explore them.

I don't think Selfish means what you think it means,
Preventing other from going up to sky because you think you have a divine claim cause you ninja replaced someone on a schedule, that anyone can edit even if you are not even going up is the definition of selfish.
It has nothing to do with working in a system, guilds are run by people and some are "if I can't have it noone else should have it" guilds.

mefdinkins
05-31-2018, 04:28 PM
I always had issue with the sky rotations. Think of how different it is to have sky on a certain day of the week, have a chill raid every Tuesday or give up all your weekend plans to get that sky loot every Saturday evening!??!!? Doesn't work for you!? Too bad join a new guild.

Not even to mention AM/PM. How many guilds have issues on timing or have players who wished in game things would happen during their timezone or at a convenient for them!? AM/PM is brutal.

Not to mention how many keys you can get per week anyway. People were duo'ing stuff in Sky back in Kunark and now guilds need protections so they can bring how many people up even though half the server just uses troll tactics to pull/drag/skip isles anyways!?

Sounds loco to me!

gwideon
05-31-2018, 04:31 PM
"if I can't have it noone else should have it"

Trying to disrupt the rotation because you are have difficulty is exactly this.

Sguchi
05-31-2018, 04:34 PM
So in light of this new Enforcement of Sky where any guild can say one thing and do another I want an open day where no guild can lay claim to Sky. This would be for the farmers, the unguilded, and the questers that are looking to get theirs.

As pointed out everywhere every guild apparently has signed up for this agreement yet looking at the list of guilds versus the sky list not every guild is listed. So yeah not every guild has agreed. Maybe the lower guilds, Steamfont Raiders?? Who are they?? Novae?? They haven't done sky in forever years.

So lets do the right thing and not let Clue turn Sky in to an "Eat Shit" fest.

If you represent your guild and want to see change in how Sky operates post your opinion and let everyone know how you feel. Don't let the ban curb your opinion in fear of a ban. That being said don't say stupid shit or you will just prove the point that p99 can not have nice things.

sounds like this call for a classic eq pvp throwdown hootinany! yeeeeeeeehaw!

Kesselring
05-31-2018, 04:46 PM
I always had issue with the sky rotations. Think of how different it is to have sky on a certain day of the week, have a chill raid every Tuesday or give up all your weekend plans to get that sky loot every Saturday evening!??!!? Doesn't work for you!? Too bad join a new guild.

Not even to mention AM/PM. How many guilds have issues on timing or have players who wished in game things would happen during their timezone or at a convenient for them!? AM/PM is brutal.

Not to mention how many keys you can get per week anyway. People were duo'ing stuff in Sky back in Kunark and now guilds need protections so they can bring how many people up even though half the server just uses troll tactics to pull/drag/skip isles anyways!?

Sounds loco to me!

When it comes down to it AM/PM is the only choice and if those two guilds on that day work out different clear times that dont overlap with respawn time that's up to them. Yes everyone here is an adult and youre not expecting to make everything but if you cant plan at least one night or weekend morning or afternoon/weekday morning for euro/seasia out of the month then I dont see why you even joined a guild. These are scheduled things that are easy to plan your free time around.

mefdinkins
05-31-2018, 04:59 PM
When it comes down to it AM/PM is the only choice and if those two guilds on that day work out different clear times that dont overlap with respawn time that's up to them. Yes everyone here is an adult and youre not expecting to make everything but if you cant plan at least one night or weekend morning or afternoon/weekday morning for euro/seasia out of the month then I dont see why you even joined a guild. These are scheduled things that are easy to plan your free time around.

Right in Kunark TMO had what Sunday? BDA had Friday?! How could you not see players having out of game obligations that prevent them from participating on a week in / weekly basis.

In any guild you see different players at different times. The beauty of repops, windows going up/down changing timers means that players can see content and still have a life. The rigidity of the sky schedule just seems out of place to me. When Velious dropped I was thinking there might be a HOT schedule then just realized it doesn't really make sense. I still don't think keys are enough of an excuse to make this so formalized, especially if it's just a few guilds dealing with it.