PDA

View Full Version : Diety's

bigjeff100
05-31-2018, 03:44 PM
All these years spent in EQ and i've yet to take a trip up to PoG, or PoM... Mischief is super intriguing though and i constantly read up on that zone cause of all the strange stuff! Anyways, i noticed Bristlebane doesn't exist on p99.. How come? Or better yet, at what point in the game was he a killable diety?

Next question- from 99 to current live EQ- Are all diety's in the game and can be killed? Mithaniel Marr, Rallos Zek, Rodcet Nife and so on and so on???

Canelek
05-31-2018, 08:05 PM
I want to say Bristlebane was added later, like in the PoP expansion, when many deities were added such as Rallos, Mith Marr, etc.

P99 killable deities would be:

Tunare
Inny
Cazic

Seems like the list should be longer, but I think that is it.

Quizlop
05-31-2018, 08:20 PM
Bristlebane had no loot table, and wasn't involved in any quests during Velious Era. He was also apparently pretty easy to kill, so I'm guessing it wasn't high on the priority list to make a working Bristlebane.

Meiva
05-31-2018, 09:14 PM
If you're just in it for lore and adventure, Rodcet Nife is the first god to appear in EQ. He spawns as a kaolidi fish and messes your shit up. Likely not killable this era without exploits. No loot table except for a kaolidi fish I believe.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 07:44 AM
Fascinating information, thank you guys for replying to this thread!! As for Rodcet Nife, seriously? In what zone? EQ Lore fascinates me.

Jimjam
06-01-2018, 07:45 AM
If you're just in it for lore and adventure, Rodcet Nife is the first god to appear in EQ. He spawns as a kaolidi fish and messes your shit up. Likely not killable this era without exploits. No loot table except for a kaolidi fish I believe.

He is 'only' a level 50 fish IIRC.

I remember killing him post PoP and was disappoint he didn't drop anything funny :p.

His place holders are the regular Kolandl in the pond under the Temple of Life (North Qeynos).

It is amusing because the NPCs talk about a myth that Rodcet sometimes manifests as a fish in the pond to monitor them.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 09:28 AM
But the fishes name is not Rodcet nife right? It's just a kaolidi fish that will leave you hurtin? Gonna go adventure out that way tonight!

DinoTriz
06-01-2018, 09:38 AM
But the fishes name is not Rodcet nife right? It's just a kaolidi fish that will leave you hurtin? Gonna go adventure out that way tonight!

Be careful, if you kill those fish you will seriously wreck your faction with Paladin/Cleric guilds. Like even one or two kills will do it.

Lotxi
06-01-2018, 09:46 AM
When you kill a regular Koalindl it will say this:
a koalindl 's corpse dies.. Rodcet Nife is not pleased.

Then when the man himself spawns it will say the following before he murders you:
a Koalindl says, 'Foolish mortal!! You have disturbed the Prime Healer as he swims in the guise of his creatures. For this.. You shall perish!!

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Haha that's so cool, so the Prime Healer has place holder fishes? Feed me more interesting lore on the gods please, blow me mind!!! Also thank you DinoTriz for that heads up haha.

Meiva
06-01-2018, 11:10 AM
In the bottom of The Hole there is a big door that if you are short and squeeze past leads to a done that isn't released until later. Thats the Plane of Underfoot. The domain of... I forget... Bristlebane I think. There are neat lore books somewhere in Paineel on The Hole and it's creation. Tapping in to Underfoot and releasing the elementals. There was a huge magical explosion killing many of the denizens. The Hole was once part of Paineel.

And... If i recall correctly... you can create a level 1 halfling rogue that follows Bristlebane, make your way to the hole, and be non-kos to the elementals. They are creature of the deity you follow. You can then hide and sneak past most of the KOS mobs to the bottom of the hole.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 11:36 AM
The hole has always been an interesting zone. And i know a few people who have made the hole their favorite zone. I honestly never spent much time on Odus, and that's dating back to 99... Never had an interest in making a Erudite, which meant i missed a lot of that area. If i do find myself there, it's only cause i'm running from Toxx to the hole... Like I seriously don't think i've ever seen the warrens, or stonebrunt, or that Kerra Isle place. Is Odus worth exploring??

MagpieRockyl
06-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Warrens is awesome for level appropriate characters. Stonebrunt is worth checking out, too. Kerra Isle is neat but also infested with cat herpes.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Eww cat herpes!!!!! Is Kerra Isle the only zone in the game with the Kerran's? This zone is so odd.. But yup, tonight, i will adventure to Odus!!! Super intrigued now.

loramin
06-01-2018, 11:57 AM
In the bottom of The Hole there is a big door that if you are short and squeeze past leads to a done that isn't released until later. Thats the Plane of Underfoot. The domain of... I forget... Bristlebane I think.

Not Bristlebane (his home is the Plane of Mischief), but Brell Serilis, the "Duke of Below".

Jimjam
06-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Erud's crossing has kitties too.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 12:04 PM
The duke of below has to be one of the coolest names.. Being the duke of anything makes you more dope than anybody else. "Loramin, Duke of Polar Bears". MagpieRockyl, Duke of Magpies".

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Didn't even know there was a ferry that ran from Queynos to Erudin... It has 1 island that marks the halfway point of the trip? Other then that, nothing there?

Meiva
06-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Umm... Eruds Crossing. I quite like that zone. Shaman epic quest takes you there for the rest of patience or something. Other than that it's a great zone to farm greater lightstones. Don't know too much about it. Mayb that's all there is to know.

The Warrens is quite fun to explore. I won't spoil the unique beast inside if you haven't been.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Nope i'll be exploring today!! I plan to adventure with my 60 druid. Should i have any concerns of death around these places?? If anybody else wants to tag along tonight let me know! More than happy to have a buddy!

Doil_Boil
06-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Kerra is great exp from like 12-20

Meiva
06-01-2018, 01:00 PM
I don't believe this thread is about exp Mr. Doil, but rather exploration and lore. I'm loving this thread :)

You'll be fine in the Warrens at lvl 60. No threat for you there. It'll just be an exploration trip at that level unless you decide to grind Paineel faction. Not reccommended.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Haha nope won't do any faction grinding. Purely a lewis and clark expedition this evening!!! I want more tid bits on deity's in classic eq though!!! Feed more deets!

loramin
06-01-2018, 01:20 PM
The duke of below has to be one of the coolest names.. Being the duke of anything makes you more dope than anybody else. "Loramin, Duke of Polar Bears". MagpieRockyl, Duke of Magpies".

https://i.imgur.com/i4iVm0E.jpg

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Gene Chandler, you son of a gun!

stebbins99
06-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Nope i'll be exploring today!! I plan to adventure with my 60 druid. Should i have any concerns of death around these places?? If anybody else wants to tag along tonight let me know! More than happy to have a buddy!

Yo! I recently grinded some faction with my Ikky Necro in order to gain access to the bank and vendors in Paineel. I can confirm that nothing in the Warrens will be able to touch you at lvl 60 and, in terms of Stonebrunt, at least nothing in the vicinity to the zoneline is terribly tough.

It's too bad that they made Stonebrunt such a hassle to get to-- the only way there is to travel all the way through Warrens-- though I do admit that it is very satisfying emerging from the caves into the sunlight of Stonebrunt. It has a promising-looking dock...that leads nowhere! Scenic area.

One last tidbit-- Warrens and SB both have "trivial loot code" which means that you won't be able to loot anything fun unless the killed mob actually yields EXP. It's a pretty unique stipulation for these zones. Have fun exploring Odus! I never did back on live but am glad to do so in p99

loramin
06-01-2018, 03:55 PM
It's too bad that they made Stonebrunt such a hassle to get to-- the only way there is to travel all the way through Warrens-- though I do admit that it is very satisfying emerging from the caves into the sunlight of Stonebrunt. It has a promising-looking dock

This! I don't even see the hassle of getting there as the main problem: I think it's the lack of a bind spot. If you could bind (say) at the docks then non-casters could get through Warrens one way or another, bind, and then solo or group in Stonebrunt to their heart's content.

But because they can't bind, the first death (or party wipe) means a nekid run through the Warrens, which will likely be difficult or impossible for a melee (of an appropriate level for Stonebrunt) without invis.

Here's hoping that when they start customizing Blue (in 2022 or so) that they add a melee bind spot at the dock or somewhere in the zone, so that it can actually get used by people that aren't solo casters.

stebbins99
06-01-2018, 04:29 PM
A melee bind spot somewhere in SB makes a ton of sense to me! People would actually use the zone and perhaps Odus (as a whole) a bit more.

Otherwise, your description of a prospective corpse run-- naked, through Warrens, with a super-buff batlord near ZL-- is the very reason why melees will + probably should avoid leveling in Stonebrunt.

If a bind @ docks doesn't feel classic-enough, having a boat swing past the docks (maybe on way back to Qeynos or something) would minimally make Stonebrunt more appealing and accessible. Anyway, I digress!

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Woaaah I didn't know this "trivial loot code" was even a thing? Are there other zones i'm unaware of that share this loot system? Haha i feel like this will be a lonely journey.. Have the Warrens and Stonebrunt always been this way? Desolate, lonely, and dangerous? Like even going back to Live in 99?

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 04:34 PM
If there was to be a playable race of cats in EQ then they should have came from here, revamped with a starter city and newb zone with possibly a few other places to xp added.

Moon cats /rollseyes

It would also give a reason to be here, Toxx forest is a lonely place.

(not that i personally agree with a cat playable race anymore than I do frogs or faeries, leezards push it)

Agreed! Wait, what? Faeries were eventually a playable race? Let's put that topic on hold a sec. Not ready to have my mind melted.. But totally- I honestly don't understand the point of segregating the Vah Shir to that tiny island that nobody ever goes to.. In fact when i played in 99/2000 I had no idea there were even cat people in the game.. Then Luclin dropped and that was the first time I saw them. Did iksars ever exist anywhere in the classic game before kunark was released? Lastly- Are Vah Shir and Kerran's the same?

loramin
06-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Woaaah I didn't know this "trivial loot code" was even a thing? Are there other zones i'm unaware of that share this loot system? Haha i feel like this will be a lonely journey.. Have the Warrens and Stonebrunt always been this way?

Yes, both Warrens and Stonebrunt have been that way since they were released (on live and on here). However, I'm pretty sure the TLC will be removed "soon", according to the official timeline (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011107.html). It was never a popular concept, except on the Firiona Vie server.

Oh, and I think Jagged Pine was TLC also, but we won't see it here.

Are Vah Shir and Kerran's the same?

Yes and no.

They once were the same ages ago, then they got split up. So they're not separate races, they're more like Native Americans vs. (ancient) Russians: the two were once the same ethnic group, until the Native Americans crossed that now-melted bridge over to America, and then over time their separation lead to them looking slightly different (even though they stayed the same race: human).

Similarly the "moon Kerrans" (Vah Shir) look different from Norathian Kerrans, but they're just different ethnicities of a single "cat people" race AFAIK.

Mblake1981
06-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Agreed! Wait, what? Faeries were eventually a playable race? Let's put that topic on hold a sec. Not ready to have my mind melted.. But totally- I honestly don't understand the point of segregating the Vah Shir to that tiny island that nobody ever goes to.. In fact when i played in 99/2000 I had no idea there were even cat people in the game.. Then Luclin dropped and that was the first time I saw them. Did iksars ever exist anywhere in the classic game before kunark was released? Lastly- Are Vah Shir and Kerran's the same?

They are not the same cats.

Iksar did not exist before Kunark. Lizardmen did like in Cazic thule, which are cursed offspring from the Shissar (snake men) that ruled the Iksars. The leezards were the slaves and food. When the gods killed them via Green Mist the iksar took over and worshiped said god, still do. Iksar enslaved the frogsloks. Dragons attacked Iksars and freed the frogs, you find some in Old Seb hanging around Trak.

Iksar character asks an Enchanter to "Cobra Lick ME", the enchanter epic haste click is "speed of the shissar" and its a snake staff. (in RP terms he should be repulsed by it or take a domineering attitude as its his slave now, because of his god)

And before I forget, Erud is in a place by itself. A playable cat village being out there would be fine and give use to the area. Find reasons to be in unused zones in an MMO... or else they will be removed for Min/Max mentality.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Loramin, thank you for the deets. Last question on that topic- any idea WHY they specifically made those 2 zones with that crazy loot policy? It's like they removed any reason at all to go to either of these zones....

Mblake- Thank you for the lore. Haha i'd research more online, but I prefer to read your quick summaries. Some of that lore online gets way too deep for me to follow.

loramin
06-01-2018, 05:03 PM
They are not the same cats.

I could be wrong, but I really thought they were:

The Vah Shir ... were originally the descendants of the Kerrans, a race of cat people that a small tribe of were magically transported to the moon of Luclin.

Loramin, thank you for the deets. Last question on that topic- any idea WHY they specifically made those 2 zones with that crazy loot policy? It's like they removed any reason at all to go to either of these zones....

NP. I'm pretty sure the reason was simply that it sounded like a good idea to them at the time. Lower level players were complaining about higher level players camping their stuff (not that we've ever heard that complaint here, right?), so the EQ devs thought TLC might be a good way to solve it ... but they weren't certain, so they "beta tested" it on new zones as they released them.

Those "beta tests" were not successful (they solved one problem but created more, as most players couldn't use the new zones they released), so they ultimately gave up on their experiment.

Mblake1981
06-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Mblake- Thank you for the lore. Haha i'd research more online, but I prefer to read your quick summaries. Some of that lore online gets way too deep for me to follow.

I pick things up here and there. For example in Classic.. Allizewsaur in OOT

from wiki

Among the islands in the Ocean of Tears lurks a titanic creature called the Allizewsaur. According to legend, this accursed creature once belonged to an ancient race of beings known as the Shissar, who created a vast and powerful society that dominated much of Norrath. Renowned for their intellect, their engineering skills, and their ruthless use of slave races, the Shissar built fortresses and temples to their god, Cazic-Thule (some of which stills tand today, including Najena and the Temple of Cazic-Thule in the southern swamps of Antonica).

Despite their success and advancement as a civilization, or perhaps because of it, the Shissar grew proud. When Rallos Zek sought to conquer the Planes of Power during the first War of the Gods, the Shissar sided with the Warlord, thinking they were powerful enough to wage war among the gods themselves. Shissar magic aided Zek's invasion of the Plane of Earth. When the war met its disastrous conclusion, the gods punished the Shissar along with Rallos Zek and his progeny. The Shissar suffered a devastating curse that took away much of their intelligence and their form, turning them into simple, barbaric lizard people.

Although the devs didn't exactly hold true to this. The ice giants in Velious didn't seem struck dumb, Velketor is a sorcerer and has his own place.. can't be that stupid.. for sure not stupid like Ogres who were once some of the most powerful and smart.

(I think it was to sell expansions.. world cohesion was already going out the window)

Mblake1981
06-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Loramin- Yeah, but like your original description russian and natives americans are not the same. Keeping it simple.

Also /duel the idiot that came up with magically transported to the moon.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Oooo Allizewsaur! Haha he was a guy i looked up many times on allakhazam back in the day. Spent lots of time in OOT but never adventured to find this guy! I thought he had legit loot? P99 is showing his loot table as just gems? Had to read that whole thing on him. Fascinating.. Shissar's were their own worst enemy haha.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Damnit i love this thread. Bless you all for making my friday at work bearable.

Mblake1981
06-01-2018, 05:18 PM
He only had ever had gems back in the day as well. Level 50 necros would camp him on Bristlebane server. The guy that got me into EQ even mentioned him to me once when I said I was about to travel from Faydwer to Antonica via the boat. "Ohh there is a large Dinosaur out there on one of the islands, high levels camp him for his gems"

I am struggling to remember if the boat went close to his island in classic.. I have a stray memory of it but not certain. I really want to say it did and I watched a necro killing him while passing on the boat. I think I used to look for him as we passed by. Am I just thinking things untrue?

Edit: Going back to an earlier point about Velious giants, there is a statue of a giant in Everfrost peaks, the ice giants there became that way because they stayed. Honestly, the Velious giants should have looked like the classic models but perhaps with armor graphics or something. Not sure they should have even been there.. makes me think it was just pulled out of their rears. The giants in Kunark should have looked the same as well. Although now I remember why they didn't. I recall a conversation about how each expansion needed new graphics and models or else they were "rehashed lazy". Frogs in seb look like those in Guk.

loramin
06-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Level 50 necros would camp him on Bristlebane server ... I am struggling to remember if the boat went close to his island in classic.. I have a stray memory of it but not certain. I really want to say it did and I watched a necro killing him while passing on the boat. I think I used to look for him as we passed by. Am I just thinking things untrue?

A fellow Bristlebaner :D

And my memory is always suspect, but I don't think the boat ever went to Ali's island. I suspect what you saw was a necro dragging him to somewhere closer along the boat's path, but I could be wrong.

Mblake1981
06-01-2018, 05:33 PM
A fellow Bristlebaner :D

And my memory is always suspect, but I don't think the boat ever went to Ali's island. I suspect what you saw was a necro dragging him to somewhere closer along the boat's path, but I could be wrong.

I was thinking the same thing after I posted, I mean I have seen an enchanter pull him to Seafury for charm killing on P99. Its not unheard of.

That is bothering me now.. i really want to say it did pass by.

Oh and yeah BB, <Reckless Fury> 4 life.

if we can't get ya killed no one can. -Ughy Uugh, Guildleader.

Zone convo: (he also had a wizard named Ughwiz)

Soandso: "lol ughy you idiot, why are you 50 and wearing an FBR?"

Ughwiz: "I have 200 int and its all about the looks, im the sexy"

loramin
06-01-2018, 05:43 PM
:D

I was in a few guilds, but I think I was in Kariath Arba was the longest. All of my friends were in Club Fu and Arch Overseers though, so while I was just in a chump family guild I got to experience the high end vicariously through them.

bigjeff100
06-01-2018, 05:49 PM
I spent numerous boat trips looking for him back in the day with 0 sightings had. Always too scared to get off the boat to look though haha. Everquest was too mysterious for me to take such a risk..... Dang looks like that will be adventure 2 for the evening!!! Bummed he has only gems for loot, but if he's up i'll surely take a gem for my troubles :)

Meiva
06-02-2018, 05:12 PM
The Shissar are so interesting to me. I need to research more of their lore.

I mean.. Did they come from the moon Luclin, or did they flee Norrath to Luclin? They have some impressive technology on Luclin that leads me to believe those Shissar had not lost their intelligence. I'm not too convinced they brought Kerrans to the moon whom became Vah Shir, or that they brought Vah Shir to Norrath that became Kerrans... Though it would make a bit of sense.

Also, are the combine spires still a mystery? If so, I'm sensing the work of the Shissar. I mean... They did build a spire in Temple of Cazic Thule. I need someone to school me on this. I feel like I'm on to something, but know I'm likely not ;)

Someone summon Brad! I need to know!

Edit- Hmmm... BUT the only combine spires on Luclin that I am aware of is The Nexus. I think that maybe squashes my theory. And the wizard port spires, like in Cazic Thule, do not appear in Luclin if I'm remembering correctly. Leading me to believe the Shissar likely fled TO Luclin. If they even ever built spires to the begin with. I forget if the Combine actually built them, or if the Combine simply discovered the technology and how to use it...

Danth
06-04-2018, 05:04 AM
When the second ship was added to Ocean of Tears, the ship route was heavily modified and split into separate routes for east-west travel. One of the routes ran close enough to the Allizewsaur's island to briefly see the creature if it happened to roam or be pulled close enough to the shore. On Project1999 we're still stuck (un-classic for this era) with the original single ship and single route, and it does not go particularly close to that island.

Danth

bigjeff100
06-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Adventure completed last friday! Visited Stonebrunt, and the warrens. And visited the Kerran village in Stonebrunt! My next character will be an Erudite and i want to level him in that area. I loved stonebrunt haha! Warrens was crap. And then i continued my adventure to OOT to visit Allizewsaur! Definitely couldn't see him from the island. Slayed him a few times, and came out with 1 ruby :) I also got deep into the Shissar Lore as well, and i have so many damn questions!!! They are fascinating. They sure got the raw deal for helping Zek out though.

Meiva
06-06-2018, 09:02 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed your adventure!

I did find that the Shissar used their powerful magic to escape to Luclin. That's as far as I've gotten, and I have many more questions.

bigjeff100
06-06-2018, 10:08 AM
I'm gonna need you to have more answers than questions Meiva!!!