PDA

View Full Version : Pre Nerf items / No Longer Dropables Value and would u ever sell?

natescraigslist
06-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Beads Cos ornate velium pendants whats are these worth now and if you have them or get them would you ever sell nowdays ???

enjchanter
06-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Not that I would ever get this much for it but I would consider selling my pre nerf cos for 500k

Love it that much , would hurt alot yo see it go away

Bboboo
06-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Not that I would ever get this much for it but I would consider selling my pre nerf cos for 500k

Love it that much , would hurt alot yo see it go away

not with that attitude, start spamming it in the tunnel for 500k for about a month or two.

elwing
06-02-2018, 04:18 PM
The ovp I could consider selling, I got no beads, but the cos is so much a game changer that I would never sell it, not for multiple time the already outrageous price it sells...

natescraigslist
06-02-2018, 04:34 PM
agreed cos is a must for necros as beads are for monks imo, the ornate velium pendants get u thru Sirens grotto easy and non Kos but thats about the only valueable use ive found to use it on a daily basis thus imo making it a must for any tov raider weither ur WW bound at tov or not, my monk is bound in WW @ tov click in Via a locket of escape charge and i still think its a must evne being WW bound becuase im running thru Sirens so dam much in the end game, and my paladin is bouund in Plane of mischief and i keep one on him aswell, because he isnt tov bound. they just make u less dependent on other players witch to a monk is priceless, im guessing 1 year from today beads will be well over 600k per set if you can find them for sale, when last year one year in the past from today i would have traded both sets of my beads for one AON.. so they are sky rocketing in price and someday very soon will become proceless like sceptre of desctruction or something

soldavian
06-02-2018, 04:36 PM
agreed cos is a must for necros as beads are for monks imo, the ornate velium pendants get u thru Sirens grotto easy and non Kos but thats about the only valueable use ive found to use it on a daily basis thus imo making it a must for any tov raider weither ur WW bound at tov or not, my monk is bound in WW @ tov click in Via a locket of escape charge and i still think its a must evne being WW bound becuase im running thru Sirens so dam much in the end game, and my paladin is bouund in Plane of mischief and i keep one on him aswell, because he isnt tov bound. they just make u less dependent on other players witch to a monk is priceless, im guessing 1 year from today beads will be well over 600k per set if you can find them for sale, when last year one year in the past from today i would have traded both sets of my beads for one AON.. so they are sky rocketing in price and someday very soon will become proceless like sceptre of desctruction or something

Beads priceless? Can't you just buy a ton of stalking probes for a tiny fraction of the cost and be fine?

DinoTriz
06-02-2018, 04:53 PM
I really don't see paying 25k for a pre-nerf CoS as a necro.

It's just not worth it.

Quizlop
06-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Necro/SK literally unplayable without CoS, Monk literally unplayable without beads. It's like playing a Cleric without Complete Heal, a Rogue without epic, or a Warrior without SoD.

If you play a monk and aren't going to have the 850k for beads any time soon, you should honestly reroll at this point.

Bummey
06-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Beads priceless? Can't you just buy a ton of stalking probes for a tiny fraction of the cost and be fine?

I mean, probably? If you have the bag space to hold the stalking probes, another bag (toolbox) you keep empty for recharging, the patience to constantly recharge, bag space for mana batteries, as well as the hassle of going back to iceclad to restock on mana batteries.

Or you could just have one item with unlimited charges.

Swish2
06-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Have 3 prenerf CoS... two on blue, one on red.

Would never sell, doesn't make sense.

Speedi
06-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Necro/SK literally unplayable without CoS, Monk literally unplayable without beads. It's like playing a Cleric without Complete Heal, a Rogue without epic, or a Warrior without SoD.

If you play a monk and aren't going to have the 850k for beads any time soon, you should honestly reroll at this point.

Really?

What has this server came to with this mindset.

Sadiki
06-02-2018, 09:51 PM
What has this server came to with this mindset.
Isn't this how you remember EQ in 2000?

Holyhawk
06-03-2018, 01:07 AM
I can't be the only guy that uses my beads for nothing other than hammering out of dungeons, right?

Would never sell.

Troxx
06-03-2018, 05:44 AM

The mindset on this server is funny.

On live we raided HoT with 20-30 goons, only two of which were level 60. The rest was a smattering of lv 47s through low 50s with a few mid/high 50s. We made it work. Yet here? People won't even consider letting their high 40s to low 50s guildmates join them in HoT because "too hard".

The game doesn't need beads, scepter of destruction, or even pre-nerf CoS.

I've got a prenerf CoS on my necro - would not sell ever but I could get by just fine without it.

Triiz
06-03-2018, 08:17 AM
I mean, probably? If you have the bag space to hold the stalking probes, another bag (toolbox) you keep empty for recharging, the patience to constantly recharge, bag space for mana batteries, as well as the hassle of going back to iceclad to restock on mana batteries.

Or you could just have one item with unlimited charges.

Stalking probes are vendor recharged for 1 plat, not mana batteries.

Blood Guard
06-03-2018, 12:10 PM

Beads are a crutch. Do they make some pulls/camps easier, for sure, are these pulls impossible without beads? Hell no.

Bummey
06-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Stalking probes are vendor recharged for 1 plat, not mana batteries.

Weren't they mana battery rechargeable? Been a while since I fucked with tinkering.. That just makes it worse and even more dependent on conditions being exactly right for what is supposed to be an easier and cheaper option.

If you're near a vendor, can find a vendor with space/kill one and wait for respawn, have adequate faction/sneak to use that vendor, aren't in the middle of a raid and need charges now, etc.

tsuchang
06-03-2018, 04:22 PM
You will have to pry my cos from my cold dead iksar claws. NOT selling it, NOT giving it, NOT trading it, well for a..... ummm, nope not even for that.

Dreenk317
06-03-2018, 07:35 PM

You must be joking.... as a monk, with beads, I don't use them for the vast majority of pulls. It's totally possible to start the pull on most mobs with just a javelin, and sometimes easier. Beads are highly situational, and stalking probes work just fine in those situations.

Imo, most people that think you have to have beads, don't have them, and don't know. Are they useful, sure, but so are the other 4 fd'ers in the pull chain that sure as shit don't need no beads.

fzzzt
06-03-2018, 08:12 PM
my sk has a pre-nerf CoS. 500k sounds about right.

patrick210
06-03-2018, 09:58 PM
like pre nerf cos is even rare, shit used to rot left and right, couldn't get people to loot it.
people just hoarding now for profits.

broken skull club or bust !

and 4th of july sparklers.

or Perun's Ton Po, best

Lobus
06-03-2018, 10:24 PM
offer 10k for prenerf CoS

knottyb0y
06-04-2018, 12:40 PM
As a necro with a pre-nerf CoS i can say it's amazing!

Yes you can play a necro without it, but being able to FD and standup and invis without getting aggro is game changing. Also I pretty much go around everyone invis which is cool I suppose.

To me the item is PRICELESS. I will never sell it. Best necro item in the game.

but I bought it for 11k a few months back.

Nixtar
06-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Fantastic item. Everyone knew it. Everyone knows it. It was farmed endlessly.

If you pay more than 12k for one and you've been duped.

Raavak
06-04-2018, 01:20 PM
They are nice & useful items. I don't think "game changing" is a good label for them, though. Overpowered maybe.

Things that were game changing were mostly nerfed out of usefulness... like manastones in the Planes & expansions and stuff. Imagine Manastones usable in Velious...

delusion
06-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Aren't there a ton of pre-nerf CoS around still? I remember trying to camp it on my Necro back before nerf & the camp was pretty much perma camped 24/7 (usually by same people all the time). Did a bunch of them get wiped out in rmt bans or just people quitting that had a bunch of them?

You definitely don't "need" one to play a necro but once you've got used to having it, it really is irreplaceable.

Quizlop
06-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Aren't there a ton of pre-nerf CoS around still? I remember trying to camp it on my Necro back before nerf & the camp was pretty much perma camped 24/7 (usually by same people all the time). Did a bunch of them get wiped out in rmt bans or just people quitting that had a bunch of them?

There are probably more prenerf CoS around than there are players on this server. People are just hoarding them, waiting for the price to go up.

Twochain
06-04-2018, 05:46 PM
I don't have beads. I'm saving for them now. I never wanted them. In fact I had a pair before and I sold them. It was a mistake.. but monks don't need them at all lol.

There are three instances that I have found where not having 15+ charges of eye of zomm sucks. Pulling HoT, Chardok Royals and Juggs.

HoT sucks because of the one way walls, and the mobs AoE/DPS. Having beads makes it a lotttttttt easier/faster/efficient.

Since the sneak nerf, eyeball fishing is the best way to pull juggs, specifically Tolapumj. Funny enough, the undead bard in the lair is a vendor, so you could technically use stalking probes continuously.

Stalking probes are better for almost all raids that would require them, due to the instant cast time.

Spore king camp doesn't need beads at all. The only way they help is so you can pull while DPSing. You can't pull king solo with beads on full pop. (For the most part, i'm sure you can ACTUALLY do it somehow)

Solo pulling Chardok Royals is probably 99x easier with beads, but... I've pulled Chardok twice in the last year. Beads would be needed if i was with like.. a 4 person farm crew or something of that nature.. otherwise, meh.

Am I missing something? Lmao.. because in my experience... beads are a requirement in 1 place, but heavily preferred in 2 others.

At the end of the day, besides juggs/king/royals/raids, Enchanters and Bards are FAR superior pullers.

Kalamurv
06-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Honestly to pull juggs (specifically trak lair) all you need is some form of levitate and their simple to split although can be a little annoying and time consuming