PDA

View Full Version : WTS WTS Flute_of_the_Sacred_Glade

Kairun
06-04-2018, 07:46 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Flute_of_the_Sacred_Glade

Best wind instrument available.
I've never seen it sold before so have no way to price it. PM with offers.

Kairun
06-04-2018, 03:37 PM
It actually is the highest skill available.

Kairun
06-04-2018, 05:30 PM
False. Increase Faction amount with better wind instrument, higher debuff amount on mez songs and supposely might increase the mez by a few seconds.
Increased MR debuff.
Possible increased 2-4 seconds on DA song (not 100% sure on this).

Puluin
06-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Can confirm I have a much easier time with charm and mez on 50+ mobs using this flute oppsed to sky flute at 23 mod or no flute.

As a bard I would never part with it.

P.s. I got mine for 10k, though at the time I personally didn't know the worth of it and I'm fairly certain the seller was quiting and also didn't know the true worth of it.

After using it at 60 frequently I would price it at no less than 60k due to rarity and the true effect it does have. But again as a bard I'd never sell it.

Triiz
06-04-2018, 06:58 PM
False. Increase Faction amount with better wind instrument,

Wind instruments haven't had any impact on faction song on P99 since 2012.

Instrument mod won't affect the add faction effect, pending update.

It's easy to test DA/mez duration with or without a flute, any flute.

Puluin
06-04-2018, 07:35 PM
I haven't noticed it affecting faction or duration, just much less resists on the same target when compared with other flutes.

Kairun
06-05-2018, 04:58 AM
Glad an actual bard can confirm Puluin on the things i said it actually does.
yeah the duration increase on DA i said i wasnt sure on But For sure the rest of the stuff does get buffed significantly. Of course people will make jokes and say " IT MAKES YOU MORE INVIS!! " . lol.. Like any other instrument it makes the appropriate song type stronger.
Thank you for some actual feed back Puluin ^_^

Kairun
06-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Defintely helps mez from being resisted. Had 3 mushrooms at king camp locked down without any trouble using the sacred glade flute. This being said i imagine the -MR amount was a significant difference.
I'll try to figure how much more -MR exactly is gained from using a good flute vs a crappy one.
DA timer is the same.
Went from Kindly to Ally with Flute with faction song to CoV

Also my invis song made me MORE invisibl then usual! *jk*

Triiz
06-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Defintely helps mez from being resisted. Had 3 mushrooms at king camp locked down without any trouble using the sacred glade flute. This being said i imagine the -MR amount was a significant difference.
I'll try to figure how much more -MR exactly is gained from using a good flute vs a crappy one.
DA timer is the same.
Went from Kindly to Ally with Flute with faction song to CoV

Also my invis song made me MORE invisibl then usual! *jk*

Even if you are 1 point into Kindly, faction song will take you to Ally. It's 600 points from Kindly to Ally, faction song is 610 points. If Flutes modified faction song, you could go from Apprehensive to Ally. That's why instruments modifying faction song was nerfed.

Puluin
06-05-2018, 10:40 PM
To be fair I have no hard evidence other than my own observations. Any time I have resists from mez or charm I will switch to this flute and magically I get near zero resists. I have the plane of sky flute as well ( mod 23) and I get resists.
Simplified is no flute = 5/10 mez. Sky flute = 7/10. PoG flute = 9.9/10. The only time I see a resist with that flute is the mob is too high of level. Again these are purely observations from continued use.

Kairun
06-06-2018, 01:10 AM
Same. I guess i could do a little testing. Maybe just cast the -MR Mez song in a duel and the person im dueling can check his MR during this time.

Kairun
06-06-2018, 01:12 AM
The mezzing for sure is noticeable. I locked down an army of shrooms today and tried with a wooden flute and got got my junk pushed in for trying it on the same shrooms.
So tested: it does significantly improve Mez
Puluin have you noticed anything on the duration of mez/charm being increased?

Dreenk317
06-06-2018, 11:12 AM
The mezzing for sure is noticeable. I locked down an army of shrooms today and tried with a wooden flute and got got my junk pushed in for trying it on the same shrooms.
So tested: it does significantly improve Mez
Puluin have you noticed anything on the duration of mez/charm being increased?

No instrument will increase the duration on any song, ever. That's not how it works. I'm amazed you are a bard and do not know this. Songs will last for a maximum number of tics. Certain songs, like mez and charm, can break on any tic, but will last for a maximum of three tics. Instrument mod does not effect this in anyway.

Kairun
06-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Puluin.

Legidias
06-07-2018, 02:39 PM
I mean, I can offer the same opposite anecdotal observations, that switching flutes / no flute / different flutes has shown 0 difference in any sort of mezzing capablity.

I will admit I have not tested the -MR with different flutes, so that could be a thing, but given how little MR is taken with song by itself, and the small mod difference between flutes, 5 more MR being reduced wont significantly change your mez landing compared to tash or OoS.

Kairun
06-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Are you under the impression that the -mr difference would only be 5? So i guess the difference between a hand drum and drums of the beast is a movement speed of 8?

Thanks for the free bump anyways.

Legidias
06-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Info on the exact MR deduction of the song of twilight is kinda scarce (not on the wiki), but if you look at the previous one that does -13MR at lvl 60, with the difference between the sky flute and this one (2.2 vs 2.5), it comes out to be -28 vs -32 (if flute really adjusts the -MR numbers)

trite
06-07-2018, 05:26 PM
I've seen a bunch of these drop in plane of growth and the consensus at the time was that they didn't really do anything....mez and charm certainly have fixed durations.... instrument mods affect resist rates?....sounds sketchy....also occlusion of sound is percussion

Kairun
06-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Mes/Charm have -MR modifiers.
Tested by 2 actual bards that noticed a difference.

Solon's Bewitching Bravura

Spellicon D.png
A bewitching melody that charms the target, allowing you to command it.

Classes
Bard - Level 39
Details
1 : Charm up to level 51
2 : Decrease Magic Resist by 5 (L39) to 8 (L60)
Wind

Triiz
06-07-2018, 08:13 PM
Are you under the impression that the -mr difference would only be 5? So i guess the difference between a hand drum and drums of the beast is a movement speed of 8?

Thanks for the free bump anyways.

Modifiers are percentages. 1.8 mod is +80%, 2.5 mod is +150%

If Lucy is right for p99, Song of Twilight is -16 MR at 60 until 2004. Song of Twilight would be -29MR with a Wooden Flute, -36MR with Sky Flute, -41MR with this Flute.

Charm would be -15MR with a Wooden Flute, -18MR with Sky Flute, -21MR with this flute.

Here's (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ALoWBAYmrg4MhjpMSlO-SFrZa3n6fvQx_xVFCIDRZGA/edit?hl=en_US&hl=en_US#gid=0) a spreadsheet someone else made (doesn't have mez or charm) you can edit the modifiers on for some songs to see different changes for different modifiers.

Kairun
06-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Great work Triiz.

Kairun
06-08-2018, 06:30 AM
Sold for 40k.

Kairun
06-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Something something, completionist ?

Prolly somebody that really really loves their bard and wants best wind, string, drum, and brass. Despite having epic and uses it for singing mod all the time anyways

Hah dont mind them! Some people just aren't as far as others to completion.
Nothing wrong with rocking a gypsy lute, its a fine instrument!
Anyways thanks for the commentary. The flute is sold. Thanks for stopping by guys