PDA

View Full Version : What's the best PP spot for lvl 60?

kaluppo
06-05-2018, 07:36 PM
I focused so hard on leveling that I found myself lvl 60 with crappy gear and only 2k pp to my name. So now I am looking to earn some PP so I can upgrade my gear and buy some desperately needed resist gear for raids.

I am currently in OOT killing Seafuries since they drop actual PP and occasionally drop decent vendor sellable gems and rings. I can kill 4 per mana bar but even still the drop rate on gems is nerfed so bad that the money for an entire afternoon of killing was not that great.

Is there a better spot to hunt for money? I considered giants at the fort in FM since I am sure I can kill 8 or so per mana bar easily. Not sure if that would be better money or not though.

What do you guys think?

MagpieRockyl
06-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Get creative with business ideas by selling no drop loot rights, mq, PL, and high level port services

ZiggyTheMuss
06-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Farm polar bears as long as Lickity is there.

loramin
06-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Get creative with business ideas by selling no drop loot rights, mq, PL, and high level port services

This. Getting entrepreneurial and thinking "outside the box" will get you the most plat the fastest.

But, lots of people don't want to found a Norathian start-up, they just want to kill stuff. If you fall into that category I strongly recommend checking out the wiki's Treasure Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide) (which is actually less of a guide and more of a long list of places to make plat).

kaluppo
06-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Farm polar bears as long as Lickity is there.

LOL. As funny as he was, the polar bears contributed to my being so broke. I leveled 53-60.99 there and the bears/wolves drop 0 in coin and the only things I looted to sell was words and runes which were occasional drops and literally only sell for 1-2 pp each. But considering I easily paid out 500pp to clerics for rezes during that time so I probably broke even if I was lucky.

Swish2
06-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Kaluppo
60 Wood Elf Druid and member of Kittens who say Meow

Kaluppo

Kaluppo

Kaluppo

Kaluppo
60Wood Elf Druid and member of Kittens who say Meow

https://i.imgur.com/wymaIBA.gif

kaluppo
06-05-2018, 08:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wymaIBA.gif

The simpsons was the best. I never got tired of watching those episodes. Being a Druid is not the money making machine you think it is. For example, I went to OT zone earlier today and there was not 1, not 2 but 3 Druids camping the ramp and porting for donations. This was at 2 pm CST when the server was about 600 or so. There is too much competition for anyone who isn't sporting a "dial a port" tag.

But PotG for donations or PLing for donations could prove to be more profitable. I was just looking for mobs to kill that drop decent vendor sellables.

Foxplay
06-05-2018, 08:51 PM
60 druid options

Porting - not the best but brain dead and can be easy plat when your feeling extra lazy / just wanna watch a movie or Netflix and port

Power leveling - ppl pay for dis so I hear...

Otters -(quad) easy to quad just make sure to harmony the shamans and chiefs, drop Othmir fur (50p per) some velious gems and crustacean shell armor (I sell these for like 150p per piece)

Ice burrowers - (charm kite) highly suggest being non Kos with claws of veeshan else this could get just be suicide due to patrolling dragons. Easy to solo but can be very frustrating. They take about 12 to 15min to kill per burrower and often drop nothing. Their silk sells for 1k per. However like I said it can get very frustrating and time wasted due to bad drop luck. I had one day I got 3 in a row in like 40min and another day killed 11 and got zero

Peggy cloaks- while bard is the best class at quillmane druids are pretty decent for him as well. I'm not going to go over spawning him and how to solo it cause it's easy enough to figure out just reading his wiki page.

AC ring (jboots) - druids can port so binding on AC island and getting on the list for the camp can sometimes get you a ring, also port to sro at night time when not holding the oot camp and see if you can get lucky FTE on the sro ac

Swish2
06-05-2018, 09:10 PM
The simpsons was the best. I never got tired of watching those episodes. Being a Druid is not the money making machine you think it is. For example, I went to OT zone earlier today and there was not 1, not 2 but 3 Druids camping the ramp and porting for donations. This was at 2 pm CST when the server was about 600 or so. There is too much competition for anyone who isn't sporting a "dial a port" tag.

But PotG for donations or PLing for donations could prove to be more profitable. I was just looking for mobs to kill that drop decent vendor sellables.

I made 1500 just porting people the other day, its doable if you don't mind being prepared to be semi-afk/watching chat every 5-10 seconds.

enjchanter
06-05-2018, 09:24 PM
selling PL will drive you to drink. people don't show up for scheduled sessions, want to negotiate prices even after agreeing to a specific price, complain that "it isn't going fast enough," insist on you using their chosen location rather than the ones you're familiar with, etc etc etc.

just don't do it if you value your sanity, but then again if you valued your sanity you probably wouldn't be playing EQ in 2018

Wow when I purchase a powerlevel I just shut up , sit back and listen to the good (wo)man's instructions no questions asked.

kaluppo
06-05-2018, 09:56 PM
selling PL will drive you to drink. people don't show up for scheduled sessions, want to negotiate prices even after agreeing to a specific price, complain that "it isn't going fast enough," insist on you using their chosen location rather than the ones you're familiar with, etc etc etc.

just don't do it if you value your sanity, but then again if you valued your sanity you probably wouldn't be playing EQ in 2018

Yeah not really interested in PLing people anyhow. It just feels like cheating to me. I will stick with PotG, porting and killing mobs which is currently seafury Cyclops.

aaezil
06-05-2018, 10:25 PM
I have lots of pp.

big pp

icedwards
06-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Yeah not really interested in PLing people anyhow. It just feels like cheating to me. I will stick with PotG, porting and killing mobs which is currently seafury Cyclops.

Seafuries were nerfed a year or so back and the drop rate on money gems definitely isn't worthwhile anymore. No one's mentioned Plane of Mischief yet, which is great for charm killing and farming thrones/crowns as a druid.

shuklak
06-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Kill specs in oasis and them sweet ice giants in ef.

24kanthony
06-06-2018, 12:45 AM
Camp the pained soul :-D
It's a sure bet.

Jimjam
06-06-2018, 05:32 AM
I recommend heading to perms pits. Sell the hq bears for 50, turn everything else into stacks of leather padding.

You did do this, right?

supermonk
06-06-2018, 06:52 AM
easy camps: idol of the thorned, fishbone earring, that invis ring for enchanters.

I would say your biggest ROI would be selling coldain ring quest MQs, stormfeather loot rights, peggy cloak loot rights.

your a druid. you can port in and out anywhere..use that to your advantage to check on mobs/camps for easy pickins.

kjs86z
06-06-2018, 07:36 AM
2k / hr powerleveling is pretty nice.

If your morals rule against it, supermonk's advice is all rock solid. Port around and find valuable targets up at odd hours.

supermonk
06-06-2018, 12:19 PM
easy camps: idol of the thorned, fishbone earring, that invis ring for enchanters.

I would say your biggest ROI would be selling coldain ring quest MQs, stormfeather loot rights, peggy cloak loot rights.

you're a druid. you can port in and out anywhere..use that to your advantage to check on mobs/camps for easy pickins.

my 1st grade teacher would be upset with me right now.

mickmoranis
06-06-2018, 12:27 PM
It used to be Seafurries IMO but this was pree nilbog nerf:

https://i.imgur.com/YaHmjqi.png

I just dont want to forget that I did this.

For science.

38 plat per min is tuff 2 beat

even if you could beat it, at least this is reliable!

of course this probably was more like 2 plat per min on blue.

This is if you monopolize the island.

SCIENCE!

Ella`Ella
06-06-2018, 12:53 PM
The best way to make PP at level 60 is

Join or form a top tier raiding guild
Gain the respect of peers and become an officer
Create policies that heavily favor guild banking valuable loots
Position yourself to be treasurer
Become guild leader
Merge guild with another guild
Strip guild bank during merger

knottyb0y
06-06-2018, 01:17 PM
The best way to make PP at level 60 is

Join or form a top tier raiding guild
Gain the respect of peers and become an officer
Create policies that heavily favor guild banking valuable loots
Position yourself to be treasurer
Become guild leader
Merge guild with another guild
Strip guild bank during merger

Sounds like you've been through some shit.

MagpieRockyl
06-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Ella is an eq genius

DinoTriz
06-06-2018, 01:25 PM
38 plat per min is tuff 2 beat

That does sound pretty nice.

Could you imagine how contested it would be if it wasn't nerfed? Man, what a circus.

Gozuk
06-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Truthfully, before the nerfs Seafuries wasn't half as bad as most people imagined. I don't think there was a single time I went out there and didn't end up getting a "spot" where I was getting a healthy amount of spawns.

Sure there was the occasional lunatic/horror story but it was the assumption by many that it was too crowded to be worth it that stopped many from going there at all.

Dreenk317
06-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Truthfully, before the nerfs Seafuries wasn't half as bad as most people imagined. I don't think there was a single time I went out there and didn't end up getting a "spot" where I was getting a healthy amount of spawns.

Sure there was the occasional lunatic/horror story but it was the assumption by many that it was too crowded to be worth it that stopped many from going there at all.

I farmed seafuries a lot, and your right. However, it was definitely a "frontier justice" type spot. GM's never came for petitions (well practically never, I saw one show up to nuke a boxer once). If someone was KS'ing the spawns I'd been farming for hours. I'd call in a shaman friend that was bound there and pull everything I saw said KS'er going for and have my shaman friend root rotting them on the beach. You take my shit... I take all of your shit.... It worked wonders for me. They would either leave soon after, or work out some sort of split. For the most part though, your right, people would farm there spawns in peace and there was little issue that wasn't easily resolved with a tell.

Raavak
06-06-2018, 02:04 PM
Ella is an eq genius
^this

...and...

its happened so many times. Will happen so many times more.

BarackObooma
06-06-2018, 02:22 PM
I haven't played since before the Seafuries got nerfed. How badly were they nerfed? What would you say is the average vendor pp per Seafury now?

beargryllz
06-06-2018, 02:24 PM
I haven't played since before the Seafuries got nerfed. How badly were they nerfed? What would you say is the average vendor pp per Seafury now?

Still pretty high, higher than most camps

It's just better to use it as a leveling + pp camp than a pure pp camp. Bind your lvl 50 druid on the island and gate back and forth to sell while you level up

beargryllz
06-06-2018, 03:03 PM
We should get some one to point the finger at the culprit.

That's standard in literally every raid guild in literally every MMO

There aren't enough fingers in the world to point out all the culprits

MagpieRockyl
06-06-2018, 03:43 PM
My preferred pp spots are her mouth or vagine

Nightbear
06-06-2018, 03:58 PM
duo crypt nameds/cleric epics/small guild grps for high value items (king/chardok king/juggs) and split profits. sell MQs for velious armor.

DinoTriz
06-06-2018, 04:49 PM
My preferred pp spots are his mouth or vagine

https://i.imgur.com/SXyAflL.gif

Silvurwolf
06-06-2018, 06:39 PM
as a druid you are a master of mobility. use this to go to zones, check camps and if you have any friends use them to take out mobs of interest you can't solo. some quick ones off the top of my head are Solb check to see if Tranix is up, you can farm frenzy in guk for the sash, look up some items that are sold often and go check them often to camp (Earring of essence, goblin invis ring in LOIO, heroes bracer quest is easy, and every night right before 9pm port to SRO and go find out if AC spawns (have spirit of cheetah ready to use)

Other things to farm that i had success with, get a bind in PoM and you can solo the A4 halflings with the skunk pet or use grink, even twenty-two if you got the hang of it. tracking is your friend, once you get a routine of places with rare spawns you can juggle everything into some hefty profits. Also as a druid you can solo and sell neared shawl loot rights, although its a decent learning curve with all the crazy zone mechanics in SG. Ice burrowers are good if you have faction, just grab a some haste masks from a mage to give your pet.

if you want to just afk farm geonids are not the worst thing in the world, also you can kill the spider in velks for the haste gloves solo. just ask yourself when you see something for sale if you could solo for it, or find a quest that is popular and see if you can sell the MQ. the horse in PoM that gives you the quest piece for tunarean signet ring is an easy sell for a MQ if you find him up but he is pretty rare

ghost182
06-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Quillmane cloak loot rights. made 100+k @ lvl 30ish