PDA

View Full Version : how tough is the VSR fight?

kaluppo
06-06-2018, 06:35 PM
I know regular VS is a tough fight but how hard is the VSR fight? Could a well rounded group of 55+ take him down if say you had a warrior, cleric, druid and three dps? Or would he take two groups?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to setup a full blown mini-raid or just get a group together and say lets go drop VSR for my epic and then hit the hole afterward.

Thanks,

Kabobtik
06-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Read up on the encounter over on the wiki page. Can be done with 3 good enchanters, a warrior and a cleric. Your best 2 chances are to buy the MQ or join a guild and sock VSR.

kaluppo
06-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Read up on the encounter over on the wiki page. Can be done with 3 good enchanters, a warrior and a cleric. Your best 2 chances are to buy the MQ or join a guild and sock VSR.

I'm in a good guild but I get the sense that druid epics are not exactly high on their list of priorities. And 25K is a ridiculous price for an MQ. I've never had more than 3K pp at any one time so to even save that much seems unfathomable. I am 3 kills away from epic and one is real easy and can be done by a single group that's melee heavy (Ulump).

But thanks for the reply.

aaezil
06-06-2018, 07:13 PM
the vsr fight is the vs fight

kaluppo
06-06-2018, 07:17 PM
the vsr fight is the vs fight

I read this on wiki:

You can kill Venril Sathir in Karnor's Castle, but why? Venril is a very tough shadow knight. He is only killed by the strongest guilds or big raids because he is level 55, hits for 300 FAST, has a 1000+ life suck spell and has three personal clerics that heal him whenever he gets hurt. This guy is extremely hard so you might want to be in a good raid guild to do this part.

Better thing to do is let some uber guild take him down. He gets killed for his loot all the time. His remains will spawn in 24 hours, or less. When you see Venril Sathir Remains on track, get your friends together, fast. The Remains will be indifferent to you and just stand there. Hail him and he will respond.

First, conjure a Firefly Globe. Dance of the Fireflies is a level 5 druid spell that you may not have even bought, but you'll need it for this. Hand him the globe. A new VS will spawn. Then give him the level 49 cleric Resurrection spell, which you can buy at any cleric guild. He will attack you. Step back and let your tanks take him out. Thankfully, this new VS is not as brutal as the original, but he's no cakewalk either.

So I was under the impression that the spawned VS through VSR was easier that the actual VS. Is that not correct?

kempoguy80
06-06-2018, 07:19 PM
The level of difficulty and tactics are the same.

aaezil
06-06-2018, 07:26 PM
The wiki is wrong there (and outdated - as it often is) Its exactly the same mob. Only difference is the "real" version has a different loot table than the "triggered" version for druid/ranger epics

Park_N_Play
06-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Join guild whose priority is VSR. Problem solved.

kaluppo
06-06-2018, 07:33 PM
The wiki is wrong there (and outdated - as it often is) Its exactly the same mob. Only difference is the "real" version has a different loot table than the "triggered" version for druid/ranger epics

Gotcha, thanks.

Canelek
06-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Just spend some time tracking for VSR. Check with an officer if he is up. If there are resources available, I am sure they will be happy to help aside from ongoing raids and/or higher priority targets.

It is definitely not a PUG scenario.

kaluppo
06-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Just spend some time tracking for VSR. Check with an officer if he is up. If there are resources available, I am sure they will be happy to help aside from ongoing raids and/or higher priority targets.

It is definitely not a PUG scenario.

Sounds good, Thanks.

Gumbo
06-06-2018, 08:12 PM
This all depends on the type of group you get to help with VSR.

First group will help with the VSR and will loot everything but the stone.
Second group will help with the VSR and will loot everything including the stone and hold it over your head for a hefty sum of platinum.

Good luck with finding group number one...

aaezil
06-06-2018, 08:16 PM
triggered only drops stones

Tupakk
06-06-2018, 08:24 PM
It’s not an easy fight unless you know what you are doing.

The group comp you suggested won’t work and you will die.

When you pay the 25k it’s split across 6-8 ppl so it’s not totally unreasonable.

Wish you luck with your epic though it’s a fun one to do.

kaluppo
06-06-2018, 08:34 PM

When you pay the 25k it’s split across 6-8 ppl so it’s not totally unreasonable.

I read the tactics on VS and it looks like enchanters are the key to this fight. I highly doubt the people in EC tunnel offering the stone MQ for 25K are sharing that PP with anyone. But that's neither here nor there.

It's obvious to me now that this epic fight is not doable with a handful of friends forming a single group. I will have to rely on my guild to help me get this epic piece and I'm sure there are enough kittens out there to get the job done.

Thanks for all the information guys. I appreciate it.

Tupakk
06-06-2018, 08:38 PM
It does get shared unless the stone was won in a PuG or its for a guilds recharge fund. It is doable by one group but they need to be good.

As a druid you can make enough to buy the MQ in a week if you hunker down and Port.

Troxx
06-07-2018, 12:35 AM

Concur. I’ve taken him down with as few as 8 and seen people wipe with over 30.

Kesselring
06-07-2018, 01:18 AM
A common mistake the most people make on this fight is bringing different level enchanters. In order to do VS/VSR without much fuss you need to be able to stack runes when the rune chain is going, a lower level enchanter's rune V will not stack with a higher level enchanter's rune V. Can be done with 2 enchanters but safer with 3. A level 60 warrior with evasive disc also makes a much easier fight.

You're most likely going to wipe on the fight a few times if youre bringing greenies into it, it's not an easy fight. This is a fight where less is more.

Jimjam
06-07-2018, 02:54 AM
You need 2-3 similarly levelled enchanters spamming rune, an evasive warrior, cleric and half a dozen stabtards that can stay in his rear arc.

Obviously the more enchanters in the rune chain, the less likely any individual enchanter will pull aggro.

Swish2
06-07-2018, 03:04 AM
half a dozen stabtards

That hurt my feelings, rogues are the best.

Diogene
06-07-2018, 04:43 AM
One day I got a tell on my chanter asking if I wanted to help killing VSR for a random druid. I had never done this one before with a single group. Dude told me it was cake as long as we chanters kept on the rune chain. Finally our comp was as follow (all 60) druid, mage, cleric, sk and 2 chanters. We were low on dps so we both charmed a pet. Once sk had aggro we were supposed to chain rune. Thats what we did but we wiped in less than 2 minutes. that 1k lifetap is really sucky. Iirc group was bitching about sk not preventing VSR to lifetap, there was a trick to make him run around, by always moving. In this sense, I guess lifetap isnt a proc but a spell. Still unsure about this

Tupakk
06-07-2018, 08:36 AM
It’s a proc lol you can’t stop it, hence the runes. 60 SK isn’t a start to finish tank. He’s a oh our tank died but mobs at 20% throw a SK in there with disease cloud spam to finish him off type of tank. Then cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Jimjam
06-07-2018, 09:50 AM
I couldn't believe it when I heard, but apparently VS chance to procs on his HITS, even ripostes. As such the warrior uses evasive to stop VS from hitting/procing.

One day I will go over my logs to investigate this.

elwing
06-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Evasive+runes are the key, basically if VS can net some melee rounds on the tank you lose.

ScruffMacBuff
06-07-2018, 10:35 AM
I couldn't believe it when I heard, but apparently VS chance to procs on his HITS, even ripostes. As such the warrior uses evasive to stop VS from hitting/procing.

One day I will go over my logs to investigate this.

This is why the myth of his life tap being a frontal cone existed. When a whole raid is hitting him from the front and he ripostes a bunch of them it will seem like he's doing an aoe.

Doil_Boil
06-07-2018, 10:52 AM
The single group would basically need to be (all geared level 60s) - 3 enchanters, tank, cleric, and monk/rog.

Troxx
06-07-2018, 11:59 AM
The key is high level warrior using evasive + aggro lock stuff + chain runes + patch heals and enough dps to down him before disc runs out and players oom.

More aggro pingpong = higher chance of wipe.
More riposting = higher chance of wipe
Too few enchs = higher chance of wipe
Not enough dps = higher chance of wipe

60 warrior + 3 equal level enchs (60 preferable) chain rune + cleric + adequate dps = win

If you throw a bunch of random level crap at him with no strategy, it's not gonna go well.

Doable by a highly specialized 6 man, less highly specialized 8 man, or reasonably thought out 12 man easily. A haphazardly tossed together 20-40 man raid can fail if not executed properly. Like Sontalak ... it's a finesse fight rather than a zerg cluster_fight.

MagpieRockyl
06-07-2018, 12:13 PM
tank can also hold agro purely thru clickies and keep auto attack off to eliminate the risk of riposte prox

Grimmskld
06-07-2018, 12:17 PM
@ Kaluppo, check your PM's!

Rainik Stormseeker
06-07-2018, 12:38 PM

^ this

Redscom
06-07-2018, 12:59 PM
Confirmed war/druid/3 enc killable.

MagpieRockyl
06-07-2018, 01:24 PM
farm 40 serpent blood potions for 1 shot insta click rune spells lol gitgud solo vs

Tupakk
06-07-2018, 01:54 PM
farm 40 serpent blood potions for 1 shot insta click rune spells lol gitgud solo vs

Would love to see that.

Gumbo
06-07-2018, 06:24 PM
Patch change 27 Apr, 2014: Venril Sathir always drops two Pulsing Green Stones.

I got a 55 Druid and I haven't gotten my epic yet. Any plans on the 2nd PGS? :D

Briscoe
06-07-2018, 10:05 PM
I'm in a good guild but I get the sense that druid epics are not exactly high on their list of priorities. And 25K is a ridiculous price for an MQ. I've never had more than 3K pp at any one time so to even save that much seems unfathomable. I am 3 kills away from epic and one is real easy and can be done by a single group that's melee heavy (Ulump).

But thanks for the reply.

Wow, is it really only 25k now? What's actually ridiculous is how much it used to cost back in Kunark.

Jimjam
06-08-2018, 04:19 AM
Not really, the stones were rare in Kunark (different spawn mechanic), the server was not saturated in 60 alts (harder to form kill team), VS kill stratagem was less well known and there were fewer items to compete with swiftwind / leaf blower.

It was scarce and worth a lot.

These days the spawn and stones are super common and it is near trivial to form a VSR kill team.

Honestly I wouldn't pay more than 10k (and don't feel you are short changing the half dozen or so lads that help you as they get a second stone from the kill to sell too). 2-4k per person for under an hours work is a good yield for a plat grind).

Tupakk
06-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Not really, the stones were rare in Kunark (different spawn mechanic), the server was not saturated in 60 alts (harder to form kill team), VS kill stratagem was less well known and there were fewer items to compete with swiftwind / leaf blower.

It was scarce and worth a lot.

These days the spawn and stones are super common and it is near trivial to form a VSR kill team.

Honestly I wouldn't pay more than 10k (and don't feel you are short changing the half dozen or so lads that help you as they get a second stone from the kill to sell too). 2-4k per person for under an hours work is a good yield for a plat grind).

Stones used to go for 60k a pop before VSR. They were mighty rare.

10k would be acceptable if it was 4 people splitting it but I dont see 8 people splitting 10k.

I hear Venerate/ New Lord Bob rolls on their Stones when they actually kill VSR and not wipe.

*muah* Gogre !!

Jimjam
06-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Stones used to go for 60k a pop before VSR. They were mighty rare.

10k would be acceptable if it was 4 people splitting it but I dont see 8 people splitting 10k.

I hear Venerate/ New Lord Bob rolls on their Stones when they actually kill VSR and not wipe.

*muah* Gogre !!
2 stones per kill, so 20k/8

Tupakk
06-08-2018, 02:11 PM
2 stones per kill, so 20k/8

Lining up 2 buyers to be present is and 8 people is alot of coordination. Then if you dont have a second buyer you got faction up for turn in and wait til you find one. The market just isnt ready for that kind of kindness.

Just the sheer fact that its dropped more than 50% in the last 2 years speaks wonders though.

Jimjam
06-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Fair enough. Isn't it turn in for ranger MQable with no faction work?

I don't know the full details, server villain Manasana let me loot a pulsing stone coz I asked him nicely and a respected Druid needed a gem doing too at the same time.

So my datapoint is they were free to AG apps 2 years ago.

Tupakk
06-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Pfft fuck if I know. Lol. I just show up for the kills and the fun time. I let other people deal with the details.

Server Hero just saves the day not deal with the rest.

Jimjam
06-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Agreed, it is easier to just have fun and help others, which could play to the OP's interests!

Tupakk
06-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Agreed, it is easier to just have fun and help others, which could play to the OP's interests!

If only that worked in other zones and with all mobs.....

OP if you get all the necessary players i would be glad to contribute my time for a VSR kill. If you let others that show up roll for the second stone as you dont need two for your epic. You might get a better response. Although I feel that you have abandoned this thread.

GL
A

kaluppo
06-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Update:

I logged in on Saturday morning and found VSR was up. I asked in guild chat if anyone was interested in helping me take him down. The kittens responded and responded quick. People logged alts to get on mains and within half an hour kwsm engaged and dropped VS in 55 seconds. Without a cleric!

Thanks so much to all the guildies who came out. All I have left is Faydedar and I am done!

Tethler
06-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Grats Kaluppo!

Canelek
06-12-2018, 05:47 AM
Grats!

Jimjam
06-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Awesome, I hope this thread helped (and will help others in the future!)

That's a 5 figure amount of plat saved and an extra stone for another lucky player!

kaluppo
06-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys! And Faydedar went down for me today with a five man group (warrior, 2 monks, cleric and myself).

I now have everything I need to do the final turn in!

Rainik Stormseeker
06-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Happy leafblowing!

aaezil
06-12-2018, 09:58 PM
dont let scummy mq seller tuppak bully you druids. You can do these pieces!

d3r14k
06-12-2018, 11:26 PM
dont let [...] tuppak bully you druids

Tupakk once punched me in the arm and then turned me upside down for my milk money. It was terrible. I now have PTSD and none of the other DAPpers will believe me.

https://i.imgur.com/aXZsgpC.gif