PDA

View Full Version : Kaladim Bone Chips + Orc Scalps + Goblin Ears. How far can you get?

Sillyturtle
06-06-2018, 09:54 PM
On a Non halfling druid, how far could you feasibly get with these?

Say you had 6k plat. Say you wanted to make a druid so you can whore yourself out for ports. Say you went Human for that extra wow factor (and eyepatch).

What's the feasible level you could get to?

Also, am I missing any of the other good exp turnin quests?

Wonkie
06-06-2018, 10:14 PM
you can get to 60 with gnoll scrolls

but it's more fun to play everquest

Metham
06-06-2018, 10:29 PM
6k will get into your 20s pretty easy, maybe close to 30? Ears start to fall of and it seems easier to level after 30 unless you got tons of plat. I like crushbone belts and pads for 1-20

Kavious
06-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Ive done Bone chips (kaladim) a couple times 1-16. Takes about 90 stacks, so you can get to level 16 for under 1k.

I usually jump into the world after that, so not sure how far scalps/ears can take you

Sillyturtle
06-07-2018, 03:09 AM
I've never done Orc belts or Shoulderpads.

Is it better to do Bone Chips in Kaladim? I imagine Belts/Pads don't stack so that could be a painful to do.

What do you think?

Jimjam
06-07-2018, 03:12 AM
7000 experience per hand in for bone chips, so 35,000 experience per stack. Until 29 the formula for total xp accumulated is level x level x level x class mod (circa 100) x race mod (circa 10). Ports start at 29, 29^3*100*10= 24389000 xp. 24389000/35000=697. 6000/697=8.6.

This means you want to pay 8pp per stack to earn your 29 Druid with 6kpp.

Sillyturtle
06-07-2018, 03:53 AM
7000 experience per hand in for bone chips, so 35,000 experience per stack. Until 29 the formula for total xp accumulated is level x level x level x class mod (circa 100) x race mod (circa 10). Ports start at 29, 29^3*100*10= 24389000 xp. 24389000/35000=697. 6000/697=8.6.

This means you want to pay 8pp per stack to earn your 29 Druid with 6kpp.

Awesome post sir. Thank you.

However, I don't mind doing some leveling, as I'll need to anyway to get all the ports.

Jimjam
06-07-2018, 05:49 AM
I'm not sure on the xp/plat on scalps/ears. They might save you some time/pain on the hand in progress.

At 29 maybe group for a level to work on your skills then hit up gnoll scrolls if you can find some off hours to play.

Ie bind in qeynos and kill gnolls/auction until you have a full set of 4 scrolls, gate to hand in port to North Karana and run to camp.

Gnolls are xp to 39ish. Scrolls still okay xp even after that.

Foxplay
06-07-2018, 06:55 AM
Ive done Bonechip's to 12-14ish a couple times

If you have a High lvl char to AE Kurn's Tower in off hours (make sure you do it when nobody else is there otherwise your just being a dick) as well as buying newbie's stacks of bone chips its a really cheap and fast way to "start" a character in terms of getting their first few spells and past the phase of everquest where everyone just swings a rusty dagger and hopes to not miss 10 times in a row and get killed by a giant rat =p

bricke75
06-07-2018, 07:21 AM
I'm a level 14 Ranger and have 120 bone chips saved up. Would they be worth turning in? Or better to sell?

Jaxon
06-07-2018, 07:46 AM
Your 120 bone chips should get you close to two yellows of experience at that level.

bricke75
06-07-2018, 07:50 AM
Your 120 bone chips should get you close to two yellows of experience at that level.

Thanks! :D

Jimjam
06-07-2018, 09:05 AM
Don't bone chips and pads/belts stop giving exp at like level 12?

Pretty sure you can't buy 750 stacks and get to level 29.

You are misunderstanding how quest/level xp works; quests give the same xp regardless of level. It is not like mobs where they give 50, 25, 0% of their normal xp as you out level them.

xp required to reach the end of a level is a cube function, so the xp required to level gets much greater with each level. As such a quest doesn't give 'less xp' with each level, it just gives a smaller fraction of the required to level.

The only exception to this is at lower levels, as there is a cap of how much of your level you can get in a single hand in (something like 11%). As such, at low level you may feel you are getting 'full xp' from the quest, as each time you get 11%, but in truth it is only once the xp 'slows down' to less than 11% that you are actually getting the full 7000 xp from your 4 bone chips.

The reason the xp seems to grind to a halt eventually is due to the fact 7000xp becomes a drop in the ocean compared to how much xp is required to complete a level.

Jimjam
06-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Don't bone chips and pads/belts stop giving exp at like level 12?

Pretty sure you can't buy 750 stacks and get to level 29.

The real thing stopping you from doing this is the logistics of coordinating your bone chips is more work than just killing appropriately levelled monsters for experience.

beargryllz
06-07-2018, 11:12 AM
I've done this to about lvl 20 on a human wizard. It's about 34869734x better than leveling a wizard the normal way. I probably used 8-10 stacks of chips, 1-2 stacks each of orc and gnoll scalps that go to Highpass guards, and about 100 goblin ears. Chug a 10pp invis potion to run safely through Highpass. As mentioned, I did actually waste a bunch of mats by using the goblin ears too early, as I was getting the 11% per turn in for most of the turn ins. You can do this more efficiently by waiting a while longer to do the ear turn ins.

I also discovered that one-shotting orc pawns at lvl 8 for their picks is worth way more experience than actually grinding lvl 4-7 mobs in EC. Those 4 picks are worth a shitload of exp even into the mid teens. The lvl 1 orc pawns are literally worth more per kill (kill ones with a pick, duh) than any other mob in the game until you can reliably hold down a dervish camp.

So, cheese or no cheese, twink or no twink, make sure you seek and destroy every pick-wielding orc pawn in Freeport, EC, and WC. Anything else is a relative waste of your time if you're trying to level.

Legidias
06-07-2018, 11:18 AM
6k should pay for someone to just PL you to 20 with much less effort

Doil_Boil
06-07-2018, 11:24 AM
6k should pay for someone to just PL you to 20 with much less effort

Yeah, probably takes about 4-5 hours. I offer this service.

Rygar
06-07-2018, 11:36 AM
You are misunderstanding how quest/level xp works; quests give the same xp regardless of level. It is not like mobs where they give 50, 25, 0% of their normal xp as you out level them.

xp required to reach the end of a level is a cube function, so the xp required to level gets much greater with each level. As such a quest doesn't give 'less xp' with each level, it just gives a smaller fraction of the required to level.

The only exception to this is at lower levels, as there is a cap of how much of your level you can get in a single hand in (something like 11%). As such, at low level you may feel you are getting 'full xp' from the quest, as each time you get 11%, but in truth it is only once the xp 'slows down' to less than 11% that you are actually getting the full 7000 xp from your 4 bone chips.

The reason the xp seems to grind to a halt eventually is due to the fact 7000xp becomes a drop in the ocean compared to how much xp is required to complete a level.

Actually, I have found some evidence that at certain levels in classic you would get the 'You Gain Experience!!' message, but actually would not gain any. Furthermore, was found with certain level ranges (i.e. could gain at low levels, but not after a certain ceiling). Some of this is always a grain of salt as it is from either dev comments or posted comments (you can't exactly ask follow up questions to say, "well are you sure it didn't move? did you test 20 more times to ensure the bar didn't move a pixel?".

I posted about this in the Left Goblin Ear thread, Telin had uncovered some other evidence (unsure of his sources) that the exp gain would still occur at lower levels, but I was convinced after reading more than a few posts that there was some kind of level range restriction.

P.S. after next patch the Left Goblin Ears / Orc Scalps / Gnoll Scalps will have significantly less exp gains. Unsure what the actual amounts will be, but if they went off my recommendations Left Goblin Ears will be like 80% less EXP, and Orc / Gnoll Scalps will only give basically a single experience point.

EDIT: Also, I'm compiling a bunch of evidence, but I believe with a high degree of certainty that 11% exp per kill is good, but quest exp should allow 16% gains. (currently not implemented on P99)

mattydef
06-07-2018, 11:49 AM
DF belts in Freeport from 2-9 then cb belts/pads from 9-17 would be really fast. You can kill all the orc camps in Sro for df belts and usually fill up all your bags in about 1 hour. Two of those trips should get you 8 or 9. CB belts and pads you can do a combo of buying them for 2-5p each while also slaughtering the TR for them (wont make too many friends with the low levels doing this though). About 3 hours of killing and buying should get you to 17 or so. You'd probably end up only spending maybe 1k or less this route depending on how hands on you are.

Sillyturtle
06-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Some great advice in here. I plan on farming a bunch of ears and stuff on my higher monk because I'd really like to see if I can reach 30 just from these turnins. So supplementing the 6k to spend on ears or whatever with farmed stuff will be interesting.

At this point I'm more curious to see how far I can get than actually getting the exp.

Rygar
06-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Some great advice in here. I plan on farming a bunch of ears and stuff on my higher monk because I'd really like to see if I can reach 30 just from these turnins. So supplementing the 6k to spend on ears or whatever with farmed stuff will be interesting.

At this point I'm more curious to see how far I can get than actually getting the exp.

Fyi while legal to some degree, it is generally viewed as a jerk move to bring a high level toon in there and kill greenies for ears. There is almost always an exp group there and not that many mobs to share. Expect PetitionQuest

Sillyturtle
06-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Fyi while legal to some degree, it is generally viewed as a jerk move to bring a high level toon in there and kill greenies for ears. There is almost always an exp group there and not that many mobs to share. Expect PetitionQuest

It's legal in every degree, friend.

Also, it's not the first time I've farmed some ears, and I've always been respectful of the groups there and had zero problems.

I think most of the reason that I have no problems is because I play very offpeak hours since I live in Australia. And on the few times that there has been people there, or when people show up, I cede the camp to them. I'm not going to block a group from exping.

Rygar
06-07-2018, 09:57 PM
It's legal in every degree, friend.

Also, it's not the first time I've farmed some ears, and I've always been respectful of the groups there and had zero problems.

I think most of the reason that I have no problems is because I play very offpeak hours since I live in Australia. And on the few times that there has been people there, or when people show up, I cede the camp to them. I'm not going to block a group from exping.

I mean, you can't claim all the mobs and when an exp group rolls in tell them to beat it. Zone disruption yadda yadda play nice policy.

Wfrench1234
06-07-2018, 11:14 PM
I mean, you can't claim all the mobs and when an exp group rolls in tell them to beat it. Zone disruption yadda yadda play nice policy.

You quoted his post but didn’t read it?

parhamjosh01
06-08-2018, 12:05 AM
Pay a level 60 to PL you to 24.

At level 24, you get the Feerrot port, you can just do the bread quest and power level yourself to level 40.

But as was said earlier, why not just play Everquest instead? It’s more fun and the point of a 20 year old game is to experience it.

Just facts
06-08-2018, 04:38 AM

Yet the exp group is fine with claiming all goblin camps and run to rnf if someone dares to pick one of the room camps .
Still not sure why one group keeps claiming all the goblin camps..it's very unclassic.

Rygar
06-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Fyi while legal to some degree

It's legal in every degree, friend..

You quoted his post but didn’t read it?

That is all I was referring to about farming, legal so long as you don't lock down the zone and prevent people from exping. I understand OP says he's been respectful for groups, I was just speaking in general.

Wfrench1234
06-08-2018, 08:02 AM
That is all I was referring to about farming, legal so long as you don't lock down the zone and prevent people from exping. I understand OP says he's been respectful for groups, I was just speaking in general.

Gotcha. It’s funny we need rules to keep people from being jerks. On live it was enough incentive to keep your name clean.

7thGate
06-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Turning in waters to that guard in qeynos is the best xp to plat ratio I am aware of. I think you might be able to get to 60, or pretty close off 6000 plat.

The problem would be that you would also have to do 600000 turnins, so....yeah, probably not the best route to 60. Is great for the first few levels though if you don't mind tge faction damage.

DinoTriz
06-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Turning in waters to that guard in qeynos

Wha? What quest is this? I haven't heard of it before.

stebbins99
06-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Me either, I am very curious! And what kind of faction hit?? Perhaps a (thirsty) corrupt guard in the backalleys of Qeynos?

7thGate
06-08-2018, 03:44 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Quench_Lasen%27s_Thirst

IIRC (and I've only used this once, so could be off by a bit), this was about 5% of a level at level 3, or 1000 XP per water, 100,000 XP per plat. You need a ton of clicking to do it though, and will go KOS with the Corrupt Qeynos guards.

Theoretically, 600,000 waters would then be 600 million XP for 6000 plat, or about the amount needed to hit 60. You would just need like 800 hours of clicking to get there....

loramin
06-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Theoretically, 600,000 waters would then be 600 million XP for 6000 plat, or about the amount needed to hit 60. You would just need like 800 hours of clicking to get there....

Please, someone do this. WaterQuest!

Aalderon Crystafire
06-08-2018, 04:24 PM
That doesn't surprise me. I made 100% of level 59-60 from low level quest turn-ins in the process of faction-questing.

Quizlop
06-08-2018, 04:44 PM
513,447,500 Experience is required to get to level 60. If you have a full inventory of 10-slot bags, you'll need about 321 full inventories to get to 60 (possibly more, as you'll end up auto-drinking some of your water.)

Wfrench1234
06-08-2018, 05:21 PM
513,447,500 Experience is required to get to level 60. If you have a full inventory of 10-slot bags, you'll need about 321 full inventories to get to 60 (possibly more, as you'll end up auto-drinking some of your water.)

Someone, please tell me if this is even possible. I don’t mean the logistics of it and the brain melting clicking...I just mean can levels all the way up to 60 even be done this way? Might be a way to get thru some troublesome levels where there isn’t any obvious place to hunt.

7thGate
06-08-2018, 05:35 PM
As far as I know, there isn't a level cap on quest XP rewards, it just starts to take a huge number of turnins to get there. If someone level 60 wants to check and doesn't mind ruining their corrupt guard faction, it should take about 6 stacks of water to get 1 pixel of blue bar movement at 60, if the numbers I am looking at are correct. Could screenshot before and after for comparison in paint or something to look for the difference.

I know someone who did almost all of 45 with gnoll fangs while factionquesting, so the general concept seems likely to be sound.

Rygar
06-08-2018, 08:20 PM
And if they ever get it fixed, it is classic to hand in 4 stacks of 4 items. You would gain 16 exp hits per hand in.

WaterQuest... someone figured out how to beat EQ after all these years...

Good for a lowbie port bot or something. I suppose the wine quest in neriak would be same thing? Not sure the price on red wine.

jakerees
06-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Why don't you just deliver bread for 30 levels like a normal druid.

https://imgur.com/IMB5AOd.jpeg

Foxplay
06-09-2018, 10:16 PM

what a casual place for him to be... Supposed to ensnares him on the bridge and the merchant in North karana on the bridge as well

Your welcome

Swish2
06-09-2018, 10:40 PM
It was nerfed from its initial greatness ^^

MagpieRockyl
06-10-2018, 12:53 AM

i'd like to compliment the quality of this screenshot. nice composition.

jakerees
06-10-2018, 09:03 PM
It was nerfed from its initial greatness ^^

Given the continued high use of it, I don't think it is all that nerfed. Most teleport to feerrott and deliver there and then gate back....

Baler
06-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Back in my day we had to dig deep into Blackburrow to fight over gnoll teeth. Then had to haul them into Qeynos, usually attacked by rats and bats along the way just to give them to a guard who was up a ladder looking down on you as you entered the building. Followed by meeting a shady fellow in the back of a ruffian bar who gave under age halfling ale in exchange for shiny moonstones from previous high guard. And if you did this enough the ruffians in the bar would start to despise you as well as some smellier guards in qeynos.

These crazy kids and their loaves of bread.

https://i.imgur.com/va6abm5.gif
https://i.imgur.com/QCXFh1Y.gif

fadetree
06-10-2018, 09:55 PM
And we LIKED it!

Rygar
06-11-2018, 07:08 AM
I had a flip phone until like 3 years ago, that gameboy gif relates. Someone asked if they could use my phone to make a call and they thought the camera lens was a button to turn it on, when it didn't turn on they tried swiping the front of it.

I opened it up to show her the buttons to dial and I thought her mouth was going to hit the floor. It was kind of a, "Oh my God, I can't wait to tell my friends about this" reaction.

loramin
06-11-2018, 11:22 AM
I had a flip phone until like 3 years ago, that gameboy gif relates. Someone asked if they could use my phone to make a call and they thought the camera lens was a button to turn it on, when it didn't turn on they tried swiping the front of it.

I opened it up to show her the buttons to dial and I thought her mouth was going to hit the floor. It was kind of a, "Oh my God, I can't wait to tell my friends about this" reaction.

This explains so much about your burning to desire to make P99 more classic older and more out-dated ;)

Raavak
06-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Prosophobia

Gilder
06-13-2018, 11:04 AM
Woa woa, you still get decent exp for the bread quest at 50?!?!