PDA

View Full Version : Why is Sol A so empty?

alWald0
03-21-2011, 06:17 PM
I remember back before i took a couple month break from P99, that Sol A was usually quite full, a few times saying that the list was to short, etc. What happened? I mean the exp there is amazing, and i would love to see more people mid 20's there. Check out Sol A sometime. Hit me up if you want to group there, Manjaro, druid level 26.

mitic
03-21-2011, 06:39 PM
mistmoore, go there

more room to handle mobs
harmony
less castermobs, at least at entrance area
more ppl

Gorgetrapper
03-21-2011, 07:15 PM
The problem, is that people are too dumb to turn down their max FPS when they go to zones like SolA, and they complain about lag.

Ralexia
03-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Its even better exp since the respawn timer is now 18 mins instead of 24.

I added a note about the lag and a fix to it on the wiki's sol a page. I hope that helps a few people.

shdwdrake8
03-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Could a lvl 20 feasibly group at either of those locations? I am in the market for some new fun now that I'm lvl 20. ^_^

shuklak
03-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Could a lvl 20 feasibly group at either of those locations? I am in the market for some new fun now that I'm lvl 20. ^_^
I've been checking MM with /w lately but it seems like a 24 shaman is below the avg level there. Usually it's high 20s+

bakkily
03-22-2011, 12:38 AM
not sure, sol a is The best place to lvl from 22-30

Killua
03-22-2011, 12:38 AM
MM pond (zin) can be done at low 20s, if not lower, I think that camp is usually filled with lvl 18-24.

SolA might be a little rougher at that level, you'd be better off in guk if you're in Antonica.

*edit* ^^ Directed at shdwdrake8

As for the original topic it does seem to be pretty empty, while MM tends to be overcamped. Most of the time there's just high levels in SolA running around killing all the named PHers.

bakkily
03-22-2011, 12:40 AM
it depends, guks great from 15-25, if you get a group to handle lord, then that camp is great from 23-28

but sol a is just a great place to do, way better imo then hhk gobs from 20-30, and the zems perfect in sol a

gnomishfirework
03-22-2011, 01:15 AM
I had to bring my own groups to sola. Guk was easy from 17-25 to find a group. I never waited long.

Nedala
03-22-2011, 02:30 AM
When i leveled up my ench sol a was filled good, and my favorite place for that lvl range. Beats MM imo, and is the more interesting zone too. And by then the respawn timers were not lowered, it must be even more awesome now !

casdegere
03-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Went there yesterday. My Graphics were fine however my partners was not and he has a newer PC. However all other zones were fine for him except this one for some reason. Also, there were 2 people, one a monk hunting near the entrance and through to Bartender. We kept getting trained by them running mobs around and past us. I'm guessing she was FDing alot and the mobs would take shortest route back to where they came from? Did not have a good time at all there. Kind of bummed me out because I remembered having alot of fun there. :(

Loke
03-22-2011, 09:42 AM
I've never really seen Sol A "full" on this server. Maybe like back in late 09 or early 2010, but not recently. Most people don't realize how big that zone is, and generally less than half of it is even touched by groups.

IMO Sol A is one of the best leveling zones in the game assuming you have a group that can handle it.

Mardur
03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
The zone is hard, especially with the pathing bugs that will get your group trained if your puller isn't familiar with them.

Anort
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I never hunted there on live but I explored the zone and it looked like a good place to level. I just go level 16 on my enchanter thinking of maybe upper guk next. My old stomping grounds don’t seem to be hot spots anymore.

Dantes
03-22-2011, 12:13 PM
I hunted there around level 25. Surprisingly there was a group already there. If you build your own it can be a rewarding place, but the AE casting mobs really do suck, bring along plenty of heals.

Striiker
03-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I never hunted there on live but I explored the zone and it looked like a good place to level. I just go level 16 on my enchanter thinking of maybe upper guk next. My old stomping grounds don’t seem to be hot spots anymore.

That's what I did with my enchanter. I hit Upper Guk and eventually wound up grouping at the ZL to dead side. (I had never hunted there on Live) I then headed off to Sol A once I got to my mid-20's and leveled up to 32. I had also never hunted in SolA on live. I had a lot of fun learning the zones.

Grizlor
03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Gnomes are amazing exp but most people won't kill them due to faction. It's sorta hard to find an 'all evil' group to go there.

Bubbles
03-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Gnomes are amazing exp but most people won't kill them due to faction. It's sorta hard to find an 'all evil' group to go there.

People don't kill them anymore cuz they no longer give the ridiculous XP they did a year and a half ago. Has absolutely nothing to do with faction.

baub
03-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Even if they were bugged before and giving way to much xp you'll still be hard pressed to find a better 28-42 spot in the game.

I think people just do not want to anger King AkAnon

Jarnin
03-24-2011, 03:49 AM
The zone is hard, especially with the pathing bugs that will get your group trained if your puller isn't familiar with them.
The same could be said about any dungeon that falls into the same level range as Sol A: They all have areas with crappy pathing. That's part of the fun.

Sol A is not anymore dangerous than Upper Guk or Mistmoore, unless you count lava (I don't).
I trio'd with a chanter and a cleric regularly there from level 25-35. Exp is good. Drops are on par with what you'd find in Mistmoore of Upper Guk. Having crowd control is nice, but not necessary if you've someone who can split groups or lull. As long as you take your time and kill runners, it's a great place to level.

That said, there are a lot of high level farmers in Sol A. Lately there's been a lot of guilds using the place to power level too, so there are times when you won't find any decent camps or entire sections will be cleared. It's pretty hit or miss.

If you go there solo looking for a group, good luck. If you've got a smallish or full group you should be all good.

Chicka
03-24-2011, 04:02 AM
It's not just solA. It's everywhere. There are just not the low level toons knocking around that there used to be. This may be temporary. It maybe Kunark effect, I dunno.

bled12345
03-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Sol a is awesome for 20 to 40 oif you dont care about gnome faction. Sol a gnomes = best exp in gamw