PDA

View Full Version : Raising Oggok guards, maintaining Kazon Stormhammer

Tobius
06-24-2018, 08:42 AM
Want to raise Oggok faction to bank there and bind there to hunt HG's in Rathe,

noticed the only quests that do raise it lower kazon stormhammer,

do any of the quest that raises kazon become undoable if you've already become kos to just him?

A lot of dorf quest npc's say you'd get hits with him and 2 others if you killed them but doesn't say how they con to you in relation to him...

Anyone know?

Triiz
06-24-2018, 09:42 AM
Aren't you a bard? Just use DE mask.

Tobius
06-24-2018, 03:22 PM
Aren't you a bard? Just use DE mask.

I just died to hill giants after owning reds for a while, luck ran out I guess.

So I figured I'd bound in Oggok, I obviously did some faction work ages ago, probably for forager bag which I have, or fire resists for my main.

Noticed w/o DE illusion I'm threatning to guards but I was geared at the time.

Worried about CR's now. Maybe instrument-less faction song would bring me to dubious but I dunno.

Just thought I'd get up to non kos with the city just 'coz but then noticed the above faction issue. I'm a bit ocd about bottoming out unfixable factions, even if they are useless. Never worked out which listed faction hits the mobs are on on wikis...

Qtip
06-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Do pickled froglok quest, which ruins kazon and then just hit kurns and farm bone chips to get kazon back up. Easiest way I can think of, but the pickled froglok quest will still take some time.

Aalderon Crystafire
06-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Do pickled froglok quest, which ruins kazon and then just hit kurns and farm bone chips to get kazon back up. Easiest way I can think of, but the pickled froglok quest will still take some time.

^ This is what I did to max them both. The turn-in NPC for bone chips Kaladim is not on Kazon Stormhammer, in fact I'm not sure anyone is besides the King himself, so it is not an issue.

If you want to raise your Merchants of Kaladim faction up, though, I recommend you do that first since Tumpy Tonics lowers Craknek Warriors.

Being that you're raising Oggok you might want to start MuffinQuest because once the next patch hits it will be almost entirely gone and you won't be able to raise your Merchants of Ogg[u]k faction.

Jauna
06-24-2018, 04:21 PM
muffin quest?

Tobius
06-24-2018, 04:35 PM
^ This is what I did to max them both. The turn-in NPC for bone chips Kaladim is not on Kazon Stormhammer, in fact I'm not sure anyone is besides the King himself, so it is not an issue.

If you want to raise your Merchants of Kaladim faction up, though, I recommend you do that first since Tumpy Tonics lowers Craknek Warriors.

Being that you're raising Oggok you might want to start MuffinQuest because once the next patch hits it will be almost entirely gone and you won't be able to raise your Merchants of Ogg[u]k faction.

Ah right that's what I wanted to know if quest npcs would be locked out or not. Thanks.

Not too fussed about kaladim don't see my bard ever going there, just like the option to fix it.

What's this about an oggok muffin quest? doesn't see that anywhere on the wiki, merchants are NBD it's banker and "not getting killed on the way out of zone" that would be usefull.

Aalderon Crystafire
06-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Banker will be on the Merchant faction in the future, he is currently still on Clurg (incorrectly). It's called Fresh Baked Muffins --

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1262

Talk to Innkeep Morpa in Feerrott and get the crate from her, fill it with 10 fresh baked muffins (storebought will not work) and turn it in. You'll get +2 per 10 muffins. As a Half Elf Agnostic Bard it took me 15,000 muffins to reach max ally -- so figure I started at -3000. Could be better if you're human or worse if you're wood elf. About 1/3rd of that should be good enough for just being non-KOS... maybe even 1/4th. 3500 muffins should do it.

I joined Dial a Port for about a month as the guild chat was the easiest way to buy foraged fruits in mass quantities.

Aalderon also had the head of the Cracked Staff Artisans assisting.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254266

When the faction revamp/fix is finished you shouldn't have an issue with the merchants or guards at all in dark elf form, anyway. Unless you've done some killing.

Jauna
06-24-2018, 06:41 PM
I am so glad I am the type of person to think Dubi/apprehensive is good enough. thats nuts

Swish2
06-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Amulet of Necropotence, or just run to Grobb a zone away and line of sight bank - its cheaper <3

Tobius
06-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Banker will be on the Merchant faction in the future, he is currently still on Clurg (incorrectly). It's called Fresh Baked Muffins --

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1262

Talk to Innkeep Morpa in Feerrott and get the crate from her, fill it with 10 fresh baked muffins (storebought will not work) and turn it in. You'll get +2 per 10 muffins. As a Half Elf Agnostic Bard it took me 15,000 muffins to reach max ally -- so figure I started at -3000. Could be better if you're human or worse if you're wood elf. About 1/3rd of that should be good enough for just being non-KOS... maybe even 1/4th. 3500 muffins should do it.

I joined Dial a Port for about a month as the guild chat was the easiest way to buy foraged fruits in mass quantities.

Aalderon also had the head of the Cracked Staff Artisans assisting.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254266

When the faction revamp/fix is finished you shouldn't have an issue with the merchants or guards at all in dark elf form, anyway. Unless you've done some killing.

Ah currently I used naked faction song on the guards, and they went from threatning to apprehensive, banker conned apprehensive, so that'd imply he's on guard faction rn?

Merchants are dubious in the way that implies the faction is lower but merchants are non attackers...

So I worry the banker will become unuseable once it's moved to merchant faction, there's no way I'm doing that many hand baked muffins, I guess I'll have to level out of hill giants ranger before he gets moved...

I guess I wont need to use bank when i'm dead, and dead is the only time I can't use DE mask or instrumented faction song...

I'll probably just raise it just enough to get guards non kos.

Aalderon Crystafire
06-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Ah currently I used naked faction song on the guards, and they went from threatning to apprehensive, banker conned apprehensive, so that'd imply he's on guard faction rn?

Merchants are dubious in the way that implies the faction is lower but merchants are non attackers...

So I worry the banker will become unuseable once it's moved to merchant faction, there's no way I'm doing that many hand baked muffins, I guess I'll have to level out of hill giants ranger before he gets moved...

I guess I wont need to use bank when i'm dead, and dead is the only time I can't use DE mask or instrumented faction song...

I'll probably just raise it just enough to get guards non kos.

Instrument does nothing for faction song right now -- and once it is fixed it will have no difference after I think about lvl 29 when it will cap at 300 -- currently it can go up to 610 at 60. I like to be able to bank when I'm dead so I can at least grab a basic drum .... drumless Selos makes me sad.

Right now the banker is on Clurg faction. Eventually he'll be fixed be fixed but so will the Oggok modifiers so a dark elf agnostic Bard should not be KOS to the guards or merchants, even without faction song.

Frug
06-26-2018, 10:01 AM
The bread quest raises Oggok Guards, Oggok Merchants, Clurg, and lowers.... nothing.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bread_Shipment_Quests
http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Bread_Shipment_(Feerrott)

Tobius
06-26-2018, 10:19 AM
The bread quest raises Oggok Guards, Oggok Merchants, Clurg, and lowers.... nothing.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bread_Shipment_Quests
http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Bread_Shipment_(Feerrott)

Ah cool, sounds like a mission to run for each lore bread, wonder how big the hit is, well good to know as an option, thanks.

Triiz
06-26-2018, 10:29 AM
Now that you see faction song works this is irrelevant, but you have Sneak to get by the newbie guards. Very little reason for a bard to ever do faction work outside of Velious factions unless you are trying to do some specific quest or are Aalderon.