PDA

View Full Version : Leveling alts.

pijan
06-27-2018, 09:02 AM
What are your hot hot tips for the fastest and freshers alt leveling that doctors don't want you to know about?

iamrabbit
06-27-2018, 09:51 AM
If you want it to be fast then pay for someone to power level you.. The lower levels are where is fun is at for grouping and stuff. I don’t like to rush that time :)

Bboboo
06-27-2018, 09:56 AM
we talking twinking or als 'good ol times'

pijan
06-27-2018, 10:08 AM
we talking twinking or als 'good ol times'

Decent weapon and armor. I always do the bone chip quest for first 10 levels or so since early levels in eq are insanely boring Imo.

DinoTriz
06-27-2018, 10:11 AM
Sort of depends on your class.

Sticking to high ZEM zones can make a huge difference.

Torik
06-27-2018, 10:51 AM
I agree with DinoTriz.. Stick to zones with high ZEMs.

Levels 1-4 you can do in any newb zone. For "good" classes I do levels 5-10 in Crushbone. I then move to Befallen until level 20, followed by Upper Guk until 36.

sedrie.bellamie
06-27-2018, 11:36 AM
if you start near Qeynos do rabid pelt quests and hit up Blackburrow, then bandit sash in WK or just be brave and get over to kurns tower

if you start near Crushbone do the orc quests, then kill the half-elf sisters in lfay and do their necklace quest or just be brave and get over to kurns tower

if you are an iskar there is this place called kurns tower I recommend

if you are baller and got plat to spend, just get your twink alt a potion to the field of bone. If you are still wanting to go to kurns but on the cheap, get to TD and use the firepots to get to Cabilis; just make sure you have invs. Or pay a wizard/druid for an EJ port and invs and run over to field of bone.

Jimjam
06-27-2018, 11:57 AM
1-5 Decaying skeletons. I prefer North Ro inn for this.

Loot to keep:
Full set of cloth,
Plenty of bags/boxes,
9+ DMG weapon (for classes that can)
Bone chips.

Loot to vendor:
Cloth armor,
excess/small bags
Rusty weapons worth 1GP+
Food/drink (sell to buy cheaper food / drink like milk and muffins)

Loot to consume:
Alcohol.

Your vendoring should net you a few dozen pp. Use this to fund a weapon of approx 9/25 ratio.

Head to Kaladim. Hand in bone chips. Vendor anything except armor upgrades if you can wear them.

This should bring you to level 9; getting you meditate and two spell levels if caster, or your first set of spells if hybrid.

Go join a group to make xp and make up your 4 levels of missing skills. Ideally somewhere where you can loot some armor upgrades (rawhide, mesh, chain, damask) and XP hand ins.

Favourite places for this are Kurns, Crushbone, Blackburrow, Lower Guk (no xp hand ins, but decent PP loot from gems/armor), Warrens.

Save any XP hand ins you find until you out level the zone then hand them all in.

This will get you to around 24 (kurns), 17 (crushbone), 16 (black burrow), 30 (Lower Guk), 15 (Warrens) with rawhide or better armor, ready to move on to Mistmoore or similar.

Buy a second weapon if you can duel wield (or just use a good 2 hander if you find one; DW doesn't matter too much til mid 30s if not later).

Spend any other money on jewelled hp/ac rings and haste (if melee).

Shinko
06-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Melee
Hp rings and a wep under 1 k

Good for 20 levels

LulzSect©
06-27-2018, 02:42 PM
People buy stacks of spider silks in EC!