PDA

View Full Version : Death / Rez mechanics

matjettta
06-30-2018, 02:00 PM
So I just got owned at level 31 and noticed I lost ~20% XP on the death (yikes). I assume level after hell levels have double xp loss - could someone confirm?

Also, can someone please confirm how rez works - can I leave one item on my corpse and be rezzed from it (within the time limit)? Further, does the 3 hour time limit pause if I'm offline?

Appreciate the answers - cheers.

** all the answers are in the wiki. Cheers.

Baler
06-30-2018, 02:44 PM
exp lost on death is based on a percentage of your previous levels total exp.
level 30 is a hell level = level 31 deaths big exp loss.

Rez timer does pause if you are totally logged out. Don't be at character select.

**The wiki is amazing! http://wiki.project1999.com
:)

replied for anyone who may wonder in the future.

Bummey
06-30-2018, 03:08 PM
I believe exp loss is a percentage of your last level's exp, so exp loss on levels after hell levels will be significant.

You can leave one item behind, yes. If you accidentally loot all your items, don't exit out of the loot window. Reloading your UI will kick you out of the corpse and prevent it from poofing. You can do this through the options panel or typing /load and selecting a UI to load.

Rez timers tick down if you are on that character, on any other characters on that same account, or sitting at character select screen. If you log out to server select and/or log on a character on a different account the timer will halt.

The 7 day rot timer ticks down no matter what you do.

matjettta
06-30-2018, 03:16 PM
Thanks boys.

Quick hypothetical scenario:

I die and lose 20% exp from 50% -> 30% of my level. I grind back to, say, 55% and then find someone to rez. Will I rez back to 75%? (20% lost plus current amount of 55%).

Thanks

Elerial
06-30-2018, 03:34 PM
You'll gain back 19.2% of experience from a ressurection at that time, if ressurected by an epic/56+ cleric. You'll still lose about 1% of experience from ressurection.

So you'd go up to 74% exp after ressurect.

matjettta
07-01-2018, 10:42 AM
beauty - thanks !

Canelek
07-02-2018, 01:45 PM
I find it extremely helpful to carry around a stack of throwing daggers and keep one in the ammo slot when playing enchanter since that character tends to get beat down more often than the others due to dungeon diving solo. :)

That way, I don't have to leave anything valuable on corpse.

fastboy21
07-02-2018, 01:52 PM
I find it extremely helpful to carry around a stack of throwing daggers and keep one in the ammo slot when playing enchanter since that character tends to get beat down more often than the others due to dungeon diving solo. :)

That way, I don't have to leave anything valuable on corpse.

yuppers...old school classic eq trick. always have one item (it has to be in a top inventory slot) that you can leave on your corpse.

Also, I've heard and read that if you loot all of your items from a corpse and then /q out (while your loot window is still open) that your corpse won't poof from looting everything. Not sure if that is a classic thing or just a p99 thing.

Tethler
07-02-2018, 10:53 PM
I usually keep a greater lightstone in my final inventory top slot to leave on corpses if i need to wait for a rez, and i always have a good light source at all other times.

7thGate
07-02-2018, 11:24 PM
A related, but different question I've been wondering; is the amount of XP returned by a rez tied to the particular death, or does it just undo the latest death? Like, if you death loop from 60 -> 45, do you get huge amounts of XP back from rezzing the 60 one vs. a small amount from the 45? Or does it not matter?

Tethler
07-02-2018, 11:51 PM
A related, but different question I've been wondering; is the amount of XP returned by a rez tied to the particular death, or does it just undo the latest death? Like, if you death loop from 60 -> 45, do you get huge amounts of XP back from rezzing the 60 one vs. a small amount from the 45? Or does it not matter?

That's an interesting question. I'd like to know the answer as well. Though, I suppose it's unlikely I will ever be in the position for it to matter...

Troxx
07-03-2018, 05:33 AM
Dying the level after a hell level results in a loss of 10% of the xp required for the preceding hell level ... twice as painful as dying under normal circumstances.

Ie the penalty for dyin at 55 (54 is a double hell) is close to twice the penalty of dying at 56.

Though it is generally recommended to avoid dying (/chortle), it’s doubly important to not die in the following levels:

60 (early before at least 18-19% buffer).

All levels 51-60 are “hell” with 54/59 being doubles. Other than levels 51+, I never went out of my way to look for a rez unless I died in one of the above levels.

Troxx
07-03-2018, 05:36 AM
Loot everything. /loadskin [uiname]

Will reload UI and stand you up, leaving an empty corpse on the ground.

I found out by accident that if you loot your last item (empty corpse) and /q vs force a LD that you come back with an empty corpse that you can still rez.

Elerial
07-03-2018, 08:11 AM

It doesn't matter. Ressurection only undo's the last death that happened and you get equal experience back from a "level 60 corpse" at 45 as you do from the 45 one.

I was rezzing a dude caugt in a death loop and the first thing I rezzed was his corpse with items (level 60), and he didn't magically level to 53 from 49 by rezzing that.

So the sequence is not important. For each death in a certain level you get back the exp you'd lose in that particular level. -the exp penalty from ressurection (96%, 93%, 90%, 50%, 0%), from any corpse you have.

Tethler
07-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Loot everything. /loadskin [uiname]

Will reload UI and stand you up, leaving an empty corpse on the ground.

That's useful! I knew about /q'ing out, but didn't know /loadskin worked also. :)