PDA

View Full Version : What's a typical day in EQ?

Striiker
03-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I was wondering if it's possible for a dev or admin to easily find out the global total number of player deaths and mob kills server-wide on a typical day (or even better, list 7 day's worth). It was always something which I had wondered about on live but I knew they'd never post anything like that. I'm sure there's other interesting details like total amount of player-owned plat which would be neat to know (hah! a Forbes top 100 wealthiest list would be funny.. never happen but it would be interesting. This way we'd all know who to /beg).

I know there's a lot of killing and being killed going on in the P99 world, but how much?
It would be very interesting to see how this changes on Friday and Saturday (Kunark launch).

carrots
03-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Interesting. is this possible?

Akim
03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Cool

hedbonker
03-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I have often wondered about that on live too - That and how many transactions per second the DB has to deal with on an average day. It must be huge.

Felizcat
03-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I have often wondered about that on live too - That and how many transactions per second the DB has to deal with on an average day. It must be huge.

Less transactions than a game where a fight takes 20 seconds. Remember when you logged out the moment you got loot for your epic or the epic itself? Knowing that only then you were protected vs a zone crash?

Wasn't there also a time where you were supposed to sync/save or whatever was the command to save your stuff in the DB?

Dr4z3r
03-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I remember the WoW devs posting statistics about things like how many players raided Zul'Gurub in an average week, and how many plays Hakkar killed in the first week, or similar stuff.

You know, if you had asked really nicely, the EQ devs just might have done something nice like that for you!

runlvlzero
03-24-2011, 04:53 PM
it was 5 mins or a successfull zone till you had a hard backup on your character data and there was a /save command on test server