PDA

View Full Version : What's your most embarrasing gameplay moment?

Tethler
07-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Everyone has messed up in game at one time or another. What did you do or not do that made you look terrible?

My worst moment was on Live during the Luclin (or early PoP?) era. I was a fresh app for a guild and attending my first small raid. 3 groups run in to engage. I'm on the wrong hotkey page and hit my instant evac AA instead of whatever I was going to cast. The remaining 2 groups down the mob while my group waits at zonein. A weapon rots that someone in my group would have used.

I felt so bad, and that guy was so mad at me. Despite my stellar start, I made full member in short time, lol.

Bboboo
07-06-2018, 10:18 PM
made a character on red once

branamil
07-06-2018, 10:19 PM
1st most embarrassing - signing up for world of warcraft

2nd most embarrassing - playing world of warcraft for several years

Wonkie
07-06-2018, 11:25 PM
i wiped a chardok raid by a healing a monk. still not sure when that's OK

Jlpstrtkng
07-06-2018, 11:32 PM
Got myself, my brother and fathers accounts suspended and rolled back three months for using macroquest to finish a pesky task in the mech guardian in dragon scale hills. I’d seen my dad (who’s mq2 I used) use it and decided to try and a GM sat and watched me clear a whole zone of reds in record time from the zone line. He then showed himself as the last mob dropped and said something then I got disconnected lol. Not my proudest moment especially when I had to try to explain to my guild how I somehow lost 15 levels and my epic 2.0 ��. Needless to say I never used it again

Tethler
07-06-2018, 11:56 PM
Got myself, my brother and fathers accounts suspended and rolled back three months for using macroquest to finish a pesky task in the mech guardian in dragon scale hills. I’d seen my dad (who’s mq2 I used) use it and decided to try and a GM sat and watched me clear a whole zone of reds in record time from the zone line. He then showed himself as the last mob dropped and said something then I got disconnected lol. Not my proudest moment especially when I had to try to explain to my guild how I somehow lost 15 levels and my epic 2.0 ��. Needless to say I never used it again

Woah, 3 month rollback is serious business.

Foxplay
07-07-2018, 12:56 AM
I played a human monk on live because I was too stubborn to reroll iksar when kunark came out

Goodboy
07-07-2018, 01:59 AM

10/10

Cecily
07-07-2018, 02:12 AM
My first raid here on P99 with Vesica Dei.. I didn't know what WW was so I went around looking for my guild in fear.
I had to ask for a CR north of the firewall. "How.. how did you get up there?"

My first raid with TMO started out great. I was top DPS on Xygoz. And got to watch Sentenza's lv 7 rogue loot a RSSS before me, a day 1 app. No big deal. But on the next dragon, Druushk, I got charmed and literally murdered everyone. I was so mortified and proud of myself at the same.

Tethler
07-07-2018, 02:25 AM
My first raid here on P99 with Vesica Dei.. I didn't know what WW was so I went around looking for my guild in fear.

My first raid with TMO started out great. I was top DPS on Xygoz. And got to watch Sentenza's lv 7 rogue loot a RSSS before me, a day 1 app. No big deal. But on the next dragon, Druushk, I got charmed and literally murdered everyone. I was so mortified and proud of myself at the same.

Confirmed, blue server PvP exists.

Swish2
07-07-2018, 03:26 AM
I can't think of any. Probably something minor like letting a tank die while grouped on my cleric. I'm pretty good at EQ.

Tobius
07-07-2018, 06:34 AM

TMO getting owned is a funny and a good thing, don't feel ashamed!

I have many, probably partially falling asleep and accidently walking off the edge of Sky when I was in Taken springs to mind. The Timezone difference was whack.

Just learning how little I knew after years of raiding in Taken, due to being low enough on the tank list to avoid responsibility, and pretty much getting in due to guild mergers, I fuck small things up on the reg with Europa so far but I'm actually learning from em as I go which is cool. The 'training' is top notch to their credit.

I forgot to take my fire resist gear off when they let me have a go at tanking in HoT which may have contributed to my death on that mob. Never used to bother using resist gear at all, not used to switching back and forth yet. That really only affected me I suppose.

2nd time out with those guys I agreed to help with that monk epic kill in rathe mountains, they asked if anyone *wasn't* ready to pull, rather than *was* ready, which to be fair is silly, I was tabbed out looking at the wiki or the guild forums or something and the small group wiped because I didn't play my part. Would have been better for em if I didn't show at all! Liability, lots of cringe on my part. We killed him on the second attempt EZ tho at least.

Tethler
07-09-2018, 12:25 AM
New entry from xp bonus weekend:

Playing alt at MM CE camp. Nod off while running to a mob and run off the cliffside into several mobs. Cleric notices im dying, runs to ledge and heals me once. After I die, group wipes from the train that ensues.

Nindien
07-09-2018, 01:27 AM
One of the first times I ever ported someone I didn't think to invis him and he got destroyed by the druids on the other side. It was an iksar and I was porting him to EK. I felt pretty bad about it and found him a rez.

Faiding
07-09-2018, 02:16 AM
Thinking "what would you like your tombstone to say?" was a legitimate question and answering it.

Ssouky
07-09-2018, 03:22 AM
Cothed at the exit in Hot.

I didn't read the "DON'T MOVE" macro and as usual, straffed a bit to separate from the blob. Hence moved just a bit over the corner and aggroed a mob. Flopped instantly. Flop failed. A wurm, a raptor and a dispeller arrived, most of the raid was afk, we had no warrior/clerics set up.
CSG saturday hot raid wipe, 60 people in 2 seconds.

Telling the story a few years later still makes me shiver.

Tethler
07-09-2018, 03:57 AM
Cothed at the exit in Hot.

I didn't read the "DON'T MOVE" macro and as usual, straffed a bit to separate from the blob. Hence moved just a bit over the corner and aggroed a mob. Flopped instantly. Flop failed. A wurm, a raptor and a dispeller arrived, most of the raid was afk, we had no warrior/clerics set up.
CSG saturday hot raid wipe, 60 people in 2 seconds.

Telling the story a few years later still makes me shiver.

Too bad that flop failed. You can't deny it was you when the FD fail is in the chat log lol

loramin
07-09-2018, 11:12 AM

Sadly I've done this (except not in Chardok) multiple times. My "heal anyone who is losing life" reflex is way too strong ...

xKoopa
07-09-2018, 11:19 AM

I got caught doing the same thing on live during oow. GMs watched me clear a zone and loot up, then gave me a week suspension. Didnt even take any of the loot i had from the couple of weeks of doing that lol

bigjeff100
07-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Face pulled a stupid golem in CoM with my WESS equipped. Turned around and happily ran it back to camp, realized he wasnt behind me. Then saw the messages of a lost golem causing chaos throughout the zone.. That is when i realized pulling with WESS was a no no..

tarkhis
07-09-2018, 11:38 AM
2 embarrassing moments:

1st one leading a group of completely new to the zone people in sebilis as an enchanter. I tell the monk to pull and I will mezz all the adds, had one targeted already to mezz as soon as it was in range. I'm paying attention to the kids more than the game, the monk pulls and not realizing I had tab-targeted myself I proceed to self-mez and wipe the group.

2nd one was raid in molten core in WoW. I'm targeting each mob so tanks can assist me and get the target they will be locking down for the encounter with 8 rock elementals that explode. I see an arrow streaking across the screen and yell who fired that and look down to see my 6 month hold banging on the A key. Wiped the whole raid on that one.

Maelstrom
07-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Most embarrassing moment was when I was doing a raid with <Anonymous> in DN on my SK a few years ago. Something came up IRL and I had to leave as we were clearing the Chetari so I logged out near the cave entrance expecting to rejoin shortly. But I never could.

I log in later and the zone is empty. I figured I could get out easily but suddenly I get summoned somewhere and killed instantly. I made a big mistake, and hit a dragon construct trap. The guild tried to help me but the construct was camping the entrance for hours.

Several people tried to help that day and then the next. My corpse was in a crazy spot apparently. Other people died. I eventually was able to somehow get my corpse bare naked, craziest CR I ever did. I sure did cause myself and others a lot of trouble by logging out in DN that day.

LulzSect©
07-09-2018, 12:10 PM
died in LOIO goblin caves last week and had to fight my way back in there with a pal to CR

completely forgot i had locate corpse and could have just sow'd run in cr dragged but instead cleared our way blindly guessing where i may have died instead

a lot of XP was had at least and it was fun crawling

felt dungeony tbh

LulzSect©
07-09-2018, 12:15 PM

near the end of my red career this was me in fear wall healing a FD monk with my weak DRU heal because i wanted to be all liek IM HELPING!!

dumb

moltm
07-09-2018, 06:29 PM
got tricked into giving a halfling a blowie

edit shes my gf now

Frug
07-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Just today I ported a guy to WL, not even thinking to ask about Wuoshi. She was up, of course, and while *I* have Ally faction, he did not and got ate, immediately. He asked if I could drag his corpse to Kael. SURE, I said. And then started. And then got agro'd by something on the way, lost his corpse and finally zoned.

Took me 15 mins to find his corpse again and drag it the rest of the way to Kael where there was LUCKILY a 60 epic'd cleric hanging out.

In fact I never DID "find" his corpse; I had to make a macro "/target <player_name>", spam that in ever widening circles where I thought I lost it, and wait till it "hit". Luckily I was close enough that /corpse worked.

Swish2
07-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Just today I ported a guy to WL, not even thinking to ask about Wuoshi. She was up, of course, and while *I* have Ally faction, he did not and got ate, immediately.

Good idea to ask a Dial druid if Wuoshi is up.

Smurflogik
07-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Uhhhggg the memory haunts me still.

Take a long hiatus at level 58 or so. Come back after 6 months or so to grind out 60. Rusty, to say the least. Friends decide to join Anonymous; first raiding guild on p99 for any of us. Join and hit 60 a few days later.

Obtain Kazumi's Note of Preservation but haven't had a chance to use/test it yet. Don't really remember exactly how DA works, but it sounds pretty good.

Attend 2nd or 3rd raid ever in EQ or p99. Is Fear clear. No idea how it works. Just going with the flow. People start saying in comms that the train is coming in. Everyone get ready. Damn! That's a lot of mobs! You know what would be helpful to make sure everyone in MY group is super safe? I think you do.

All of the sudden, all the chanters start freaking out. "I can't cast my stun WTF!?!?". Dawns on me what I just did, and what class my group is largely comprised of. Then it dawns on everyone else, what I just did. Who the fuck is this new app?

Full wipe.

First impressions are the greatest, eh?

Baylan295
07-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Uhhhggg the memory haunts me still.

Take a long hiatus at level 58 or so. Come back after 6 months or so to grind out 60. Rusty, to say the least. Friends decide to join Anonymous; first raiding guild on p99 for any of us. Join and hit 60 a few days later.

Obtain Kazumi's Note of Preservation but haven't had a chance to use/test it yet. Don't really remember exactly how DA works, but it sounds pretty good.

Attend 2nd or 3rd raid ever in EQ or p99. Is Fear clear. No idea how it works. Just going with the flow. People start saying in comms that the train is coming in. Everyone get ready. Damn! That's a lot of mobs! You know what would be helpful to make sure everyone in MY group is super safe? I think you do.

All of the sudden, all the chanters start freaking out. "I can't cast my stun WTF!?!?". Dawns on me what I just did, and what class my group is largely comprised of. Then it dawns on everyone else, what I just did. Who the fuck is this new app?

Full wipe.

First impressions are the greatest, eh?

The first rule of breaking fear is DO NOT buff or heal the kiter...

The (new) second rule is no bards in the chanter group.

Zorrok
07-10-2018, 03:29 PM
nothing as good as screwing over other PC's but as a monk was in a fight got poisoned FD'd forgot about the poison walked away from monitor and died.

went to explore Dal'nir with a full grp when i was high enough and most was green. didnt realize there was a boss mob at the exit to get out. spent the next five hours with help from guild mates trying to get corpses.

as a bard forgot AOE song was on and attacked guards.

fortior
07-11-2018, 04:04 AM
The first time I ever died in EQ was because I fell into a shallow puddle and didn't know how to swim up or go into mouselook.

Mead
07-11-2018, 07:43 AM

Got me lookin like a weirdo smilin hard in the doctors office waiting room

Nixtar
07-11-2018, 09:06 AM
I played a human monk on live because I was too stubborn to reroll iksar when kunark came out

I don't recall that ever being a thing on live. Only ever came across the mentality that you're an idiot for not playing an iksar monk/necro on P99.

Diogene
07-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Not long ago someone is asking for jewelry combines in tunnel. The dude needed 2x velium jacinth rings. He provides the mats.
First attempt, I hit combine without enchanting bar... (got a ring without stats)
Second attempt, I fail...
The guy is chill, he’s a druid he runs to thurg to buy 2 new bars.
When he comes back, I’m not sure what happened, but I chain combine like a moron without enchanting bars again.
Finally he runs back to thurg and I great success. God... Hopefully he had like 8f jacinth in his bags. Needless to say I didnt charge him. I instead offered pp to cover my BS, but he refused. Super good druid from AM. Cant remember his name but if you hear me, thanks for your comprehension )
Guess it was because Im so used to batch enchant bars and then chain combine, and maybe also because I was very tired at the time...