PDA

View Full Version : What is the future of the P99 economy?

fstyle3454
07-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Prices on most items are deflating at a fairly rapid rate. This is due to impatient sellers, over saturation of items, etc. What are your predictions for the economy a year or two down the road?

Bboboo
07-07-2018, 12:34 PM
prenerf cos hitting 1mil by the end of the year.

fstyle3454
07-07-2018, 12:41 PM
prenerf cos hitting 1mil by the end of the year.

*Laughed*

branamil
07-07-2018, 12:51 PM
All droppable items will lower in price. There are not enough new players to increase demand.

Only nerfed items -beads,manastone- will increase in value, they are the only items whose supply is decreasing.

zodium
07-07-2018, 12:52 PM
In a year it'll be even easier to enjoy classic EverQuest than now, there'll be even less incentive to RMT, and the economic fundamentals will keep getting healthier as the ludomanic contingent of players move on to greener gambling grounds! I'm excited.

fstyle3454
07-07-2018, 01:02 PM
All droppable items will lower in price. There are not enough new players to increase demand.

Only nerfed items -beads,manastone- will increase in value, they are the only items whose supply is decreasing.

So do you think MQ prices will stay relatively the same or will those too deflate over time?

fstyle3454
07-07-2018, 01:04 PM
In a year it'll be even easier to enjoy classic EverQuest than now, there'll be even less incentive to RMT, and the economic fundamentals will keep getting healthier as the ludomanic contingent of players move on to greener gambling grounds! I'm excited.

Digging the optimism!

Maelstrom
07-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Still hoping for the chardok revamp and all of the new items that brings, and the 1000 Iksar shadowknights coming outta nowhere to begin their quests for Greenmist.

Daloon
07-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Depends on Pantheon beta/launch dates.

Baylan295
07-07-2018, 01:18 PM
So do you think MQ prices will stay relatively the same or will those too deflate over time?

MQ prices for anything rare or competitive will continue to increase (Earth staff, cough). Things like JBoots, Thurg or SS armor will decrease as the amount farmed continues to exceed the demand

Jimjam
07-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Trades only. Plat is useless beyond tink bags.

Goodboy
07-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Prices on most items are deflating at a fairly rapid rate. This is due to impatient sellers, over saturation of items, etc. What are your predictions for the economy a year or two down the road?

Tunnel fat cats might be incentivized to absorb natural sunlight.

fstyle3454
07-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Tunnel fat cats might be incentivized to absorb natural sunlight.

skarlorn
07-07-2018, 02:57 PM
green scales will become the new platinum

Bummey
07-07-2018, 04:27 PM
and yet fungi keeps climbing towards 50k

clevergirl
07-07-2018, 04:56 PM
I think it will experience turn over as older players leave and newer players come in, some items will remain high priced. If the turn over exceeds the newer players coming in it will shift towards more of a barter economy, or friendly guild bank economy where more established players just sorta hang on to stuff to help out people they like/befriend. This is exactly how it happened on Test server and Bertox and Xegony towards the more latter/mature parts of the game. I think anyone who's pretty friendly can get off to a really good/easy start by level 30 now adays. But if you want top of the line, best in slot, epic at lvl 46, your going to have to work hard and be a bazar queen.

zodium
07-07-2018, 04:58 PM
More and more people who aren't good at either adventuring, having fun or EverQuest will leave the server for newer and shittier games, leaving this 20 year old masterpiece to people who actually enjoy it!

Wonkie
07-07-2018, 05:11 PM
a string of numbers in your character info panel will replace obsolete Freeport fiat as Norrathian currency

cannot be used to buy rations or bandages

zodium
07-07-2018, 05:28 PM
People who think platinum will become less valuable or worthless will have realized that recharge costs will keep platinum valuable forever, ensuring a sound economy, in the same way taxes do.

Silken
07-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Depends on Pantheon beta/launch dates.Based on their current timeline, that should be around 2022-2023.

loramin
07-08-2018, 10:33 AM
My 100% accurate prediction of the economy's future: Green Goblin Skins and Mt. Death Mineral Salts will go from being virtually worthless to being almost virtually worthless, but with a small amount of value.

Warren Buffett has nothing on me.

fstyle3454
07-08-2018, 10:54 AM
My 100% accurate prediction of the economy's future: Green Goblin Skins and Mt. Death Mineral Salts will go from being virtually worthless to being almost virtually worthless, but with a small amount of value.

Warren Buffett has nothing on me.

zodium
07-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Based on their current timeline, that should be around 2022-2023.

Pantheon should be out right after Star Citizen.

Triiz
07-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Most shit will continue to drop in price besides the things specifically targeted by price manipulators.

When Chardok 2.0 is released most of that stuff will be ridiculously priced for the first few weeks then drop a lot since it will be perma-farmed 24/7 especially once the people that have already grinded faction realize how bottlenecked the Spirit Wracked Cord quest will be.

MQ prices for anything rare or competitive will continue to increase (Earth staff, cough). Things like JBoots, Thurg or SS armor will decrease as the amount farmed continues to exceed the demand

I don't know, Sirfloppin was trying to sell Earth Staff for like 1.5 million then 800k, but a few weeks ago a guy was selling one for 325k. Just aren't that many mages that have 1+ million plat to throw around that don't already have an epic.

Champion_Standing
07-08-2018, 02:12 PM
bread lines, EC tunnel fatcats making beds out of fungi tunics

Baler
07-08-2018, 02:15 PM
P99 doesn't have a traditional economy. people pay based on perception of an items value. Not any realistic economic value(s).
This is why the server is flooded with fungi tunics but they're still 45k a pop in ec. it's lame.

enjchanter
07-08-2018, 03:29 PM
People who think platinum will become less valuable or worthless will have realized that recharge costs will keep platinum valuable forever, ensuring a sound economy, in the same way taxes do.

A wise wood elf druid once told me "plat is useless until you spend it"

Teppler
07-08-2018, 04:16 PM
P99 doesn't have a traditional economy. people pay based on perception of an items value. Not any realistic economic value(s).
This is why the server is flooded with fungi tunics but they're still 45k a pop in ec. it's lame.

That sounds like a traditional economy to me.

There is tons and tons of fungis but it's an incredibly useful item which is why it commands it's price. There's tons of fungis but there's also a soft cap of how many appear each day. At most 3-4 drop a day. Probably more likely 1-2, closer to 1. If 10 dropped a day it would most likely only command 5-10k or something if that. If 1 dropped a week it would probably be worth exponentially more like 400k(the rarer items get the bigger the premium).

In real economies, projected futures matter. It's why the economy surged after Trump got elected.... and we live in a real economy. The reason it surged was expected future conditions. This is the same reason things like CoS increase in value over time. The expected future is less CoS in the market thus the price rises now in expectation.

Doil_Boil
07-08-2018, 04:23 PM

There is tons and tons of fungis but it's an incredibly useful item which is why it commands it's price. There's tons of fungis but there's also a soft cap of how many appear each day. At most 3-4 drop a day. Probably more likely 1-2, closer to 1. If 10 dropped a day it would most likely only command 5-10k or something if that. If 1 dropped a week it would probably be worth exponentially more like 400k(the rarer items get the bigger the premium).

In real economies, projected futures matter. It's why the economy surged after Trump got elected.... and we live in a real economy. The reason it surged was expected future conditions. This is the same reason things like CoS increase in value over time. The expected future is less CoS in the market thus the price rises now in expectation.

Also, artificial scarcity and price manipulation in the CoS's case.

Baler
07-08-2018, 04:25 PM

You may want to fact check that.
P99 is all about perception. There is no ups and downs. It's all about what people magically perceive something to be valued at.
Fat cats in EC use smoke and mirrors (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/smoke-and-mirrors) all the time.

P99 has been online for 9 years, the last what, 6, has been kunark, last 2 velious. So don't feed me some line about daily limit. You and I both know people poop sock fungis.
There is over 10k active fungis per month on the server. I wish the staff would just release the stats.

Teppler
07-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Also, artificial scarcity and price manipulation in the CoS's case.

You could make the argument for that, you could also make the argument it is/was just naturally time for CoS to rise in value or realize it's truer value given the parameters.

Teppler
07-08-2018, 04:31 PM
P99 is all about perception. There is no ups and downs. It's all about what people magically perceive something to be valued at.
Fat cats in EC use smoke and mirrors (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/smoke-and-mirrors) all the time.

P99 has been online for 9 years.

That's business and economics in a nutshell. You have a product and most the time it's your job to convince people your product is worth spending money on. Some call that process smoke and mirrors, some call it being an effective sales person.

zodium
07-08-2018, 04:31 PM

uh yeah that fact checks out, you may be thinking of "doesn't function like a financialized advanced western economy"

Baler
07-08-2018, 04:34 PM
That's business and economics in a nutshell. You have a product and most the time it's your job to convince people your product is worth spending money on. Some call that process smoke and mirrors, some call it being an effective sales person.

You just want the factual price to stay hidden. EC Fat Cats and their ****ing fungi scam.
I have one, I can go get another anytime I want, solo even! But you're going to sit there and bs me, telling me that 45k for the last year is a traditional economy for fungis. gtfo
How about when they were 60k for the longest bleeping time for no other reason than perception.

You pen an animal on one side of the wall where the grass is brown their whole life, they have no idea there is fresh green grass on the other side.
Leash a baby elephant to a stake in the ground, they'll try but won't be able to pull the stake from the ground. Then when they're an adult they won't even try to pull the steak.

gtfo with you ec fat cat bs dude.

Izmael
07-08-2018, 04:35 PM
manastone will drop in value to vritually nothing cuz green server inc (c)

Teppler
07-08-2018, 04:36 PM
P99 has been online for 9 years, the last what, 6, has been kunark, last 2 velious. So don't feed me some line about daily limit. You and I both know people poop sock fungis.
There is over 10k active fungis per month on the server. I wish the staff would just release the stats.

How do you poop sock Fungi King? Back in the day people used to invis pull and take down the camp with 2 people but from what I see now you NEED a monk/chanter/healer then probably a shaman and this is the minimum I think. I see King camped often but not permanently. I maintain I think less than 2 fungi tunic's drop per day on average.

Baler
07-08-2018, 04:40 PM
I maintain I think less than 2 fungi tunic's drop per day on average.

EC fat cat slips up.
thank you and good night.

skarlorn
07-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Baler claims he can solo fungi lol let's see it dude

Baler
07-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Baler claims he can solo fungi lol let's see it dude

I honestly don't want to expose myself. I get enough flak on the forums. I'll just say I can't do it on my mage. :o
At the very least there are videos of people soloing fungi king so it's possible.

Bazia
07-08-2018, 06:46 PM
plz wipe before im 40, cmonnnnnn

clevergirl
07-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Venmo will replace the EC tunnel in 4-5 years.

Raavak
07-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Plat continues to enter the economy.
(What is the primary exits for plat? Peridots and recharges?)
Most items continue to enter the economy.
A small handful of items are nerfed. Similar to RL gold their value will be dictated by the amount of cash/plat. But their rarity increases as people retire.

Phenyo
07-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Who cares everyone will be playing green anyway in 2025

Goodboy
07-11-2018, 12:23 PM
I can make 600 pp an hour. If I play 10 hours a day for 7 days, I will have enough pp to buy fungi.

No wonder this game breeds Autists. ��

No wonder RMT is so appealing.

radda
07-11-2018, 12:25 PM
As long as it stays open, Idc

Raavak
07-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Who cares everyone will be playing green anyway in 2025

https://i.imgur.com/rC5IFKI.gif

zodium
07-11-2018, 12:44 PM
(What is the primary exits for plat? Peridots and recharges?)

Recharges consume a staggering amount of platinum, like probably at least a million per week across all players. :o

Torik
07-11-2018, 01:40 PM
but from what I see now you NEED a monk/chanter/healer then probably a shaman and this is the minimum I think. I see King camped often but not permanently. I maintain I think less than 2 fungi tunic's drop per day on average.

I have been to the king camp twice. Both times it was uncamped when we got there and we trioed it as an Enchanter, Cleric, and Monk. The first time we got 1 tunic to drop in 6 hours. The second time we had 0 drops (no king spawns) in 9 hours.

Given that it is probably uncamped most of the time during off hours, I bet 2 a day is average at best.

Gilder
07-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Venmo will replace the EC tunnel in 4-5 years.

One of the funniest, yet at the same time, most drearily realistic things I've ever heard uttered in the forums.

Ravager
07-11-2018, 04:48 PM

The prices will be back up in February. It's the same cycle every year. End of summer is the best time to buy things, end of winter is the worst time to buy things. Unless you live south of the equator, then it's the opposite.

Baler
07-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Fast forward...
The future of the economy on p99 is one sad person sitting in EC tunnel all day spamming auction when he's the only person in zone. Living off disability in his parent's basement.

Rewind a bit...
several sad people sitting in ec tunnel all day....

mefdinkins
07-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Towards the end of Kunark I think there were a lot of players with some version of best in slot -- either true best in slot; casual raider best in slot (without all the VP items but with planar, plane of sky sutff); or casual best in slot (with more droppables and solo/small group content upgrades).

I wonder how low items like Cowl of Mortality or Zlandicar's Heart will go. They're both pretty awesome but also more common. CCOM is not a true BIS item but you could argue it's a BIS twink item or BIS tradeable helm for some classes. With a lot more options for gearing in Velious and solid SS armor, small group quests like Circlet of the Falinkan, etc. I don't think people will ever be shelling out a billion plat for side grades or marginal increases in HP for stuff like CCoM.

I think true BIS items like AOW monk legs/war helm/brd-rog mask, White Dragonscale Helm, Mithril Boots, Boots of Storm will retain their value. I think there's just too much interest in them.

Gumbo
07-12-2018, 07:23 PM
I wonder how much the Fungi Tunic will sell for if it every became nerfed?

Rainik Stormseeker
07-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Could always join ALS and not worry about this ;)

(and understand you'll never be able to buy scales, MQ's, pre-nerf anything, etc, ever *evil grin*)

MagpieRockyl
07-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Could always join ALS and not worry about this ;)

(and understand you'll never be able to buy scales, MQ's, pre-nerf anything, etc, ever *evil grin*)

ALS is the future of the P99 economy

grim 2 think

oqrelord
07-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Can a single person earn platinum?
Can a single person kill a raid mob for a CoF or Cowl/zlandicar heart?

Thats my mindset. In X number of years there won't be an organized population to farm all this raid content. Eventually anything not obtainable by a group or 2 will be whatever the seller is willing to sell it for