mikelish
07-08-2018, 02:55 AM
I really think Luclin would make p99 better:

-AAs
-new content
-Beastlords
-new spells
-other gameplay patches / balancing

I really miss Luclin and I think it was an important expansion that improved a lot on what was lacking before it. Please add Luclin!

elwing
07-08-2018, 03:04 AM
P2002...

Jauna
07-08-2018, 03:06 AM
nah, luclin is where I was in denial about everquests changing world, a world where i started to hate it and played it only out of habit. I remember having to save my allowance for a few weeks so I can buy a new PC and when I could play luclin there was zero if any joy.
Extreme AC mobs
Keys
More fucking keys
Keys so you can get keys
And those keys while you key to key on top of keying
And bane weapons, I said I have no good memories but Ssra basement being king of the undead/grouping/aa grind down there was ok but the rest of it sucked and forget the emperor holy white place bane weapon. I remember our first attempt at him we had a warrior with agro proc weapons and two rogues with bane weapons. took forever to kill him but whatever cleric got a mount, punk

Luclin was the beginning of the end, I was just too young to know it. there is a reason WoW got so popular.

this counts as my weekly drunk post

zodium
No thanks. Luclin was a trash expansion, and all those things were trash features. If you feel like P99 needs to be "made better" with post-Velious or custom content, maybe you should just quit instead of asking nilbog to justify your continued time investment in a server you evidently don't even enjoy the idea of.

https://i.imgur.com/WAHAG0G.gif

Swish2
There's other servers with Luclin available.

After the last Velious patch is implemented here some exciting custom content is on its way, there's life in the server yet ^^ :)

Jauna
07-08-2018, 03:08 AM
Did not help I was on one of the bertox split servers whos name I forgot and there was a fuckton of people there, people playing hopscotch for raid mobs in ssra temple, people fucking up fungi cavern just passing through, sitting in fucking vex thal for 12+ hours to get a few bosses because of trash

I know using the terms nostalgia, or rose glasses and stuff and whatnot here is like beating a dead mount but yeah nah, classic is where its at.

zodium
07-08-2018, 03:10 AM

After the last Velious patch is implemented here some exciting custom content is on its way, there's life in the server yet ^^ :)

uhhh what

I remember when Wiz and I handed the reins on Shards of Dalaya off to some people who basically ruined the server with their awfully designed custom content. Hopefully nilbog isn't gonna let that fly here. :(

Baler
07-08-2018, 03:11 AM
Will Not Happen and for good reasons. This is an era (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Era) based server. Velious era is that era.

takp > p02
project 1999 is the best eq emu server really though.

zodium
07-08-2018, 03:17 AM
Luclin is such an offensively stupid expansion that we designed and implemented content for all of it, then, upon realizing how offensively stupid even having the cats on the moon expansion in the game is, held a huge GM chain to destroy the moon and make it unavailable again. Rejoice!

I think Rogean may have been a GM at the time. In summation, fuck Luclin. :o

Foxplay
07-08-2018, 03:57 AM
No

That is all

Swish2
07-08-2018, 04:05 AM
uhhh what

I remember when Wiz and I handed the reins on Shards of Dalaya off to some people who basically ruined the server with their awfully designed custom content. Hopefully nilbog isn't gonna let that fly here. :(

Probably a bad idea handing it off to other people.

zodium
07-08-2018, 04:21 AM
Probably a bad idea handing it off to other people.

well we were gonna make real games instead of modding other people's games

then the financial crisis hit lol

Dolalin
07-08-2018, 04:34 AM
I played through Luclin on Agnarr. It was a fun change. But it changed the game so much that it would ruin P99.

Doil_Boil
07-08-2018, 05:29 AM
Can we add burning crusade to this server please?

utenan
07-08-2018, 05:32 AM
there was no music on luclin - even music didn't wanna be there : /

DinoTriz
07-08-2018, 06:43 AM
Loose-lin or Luck-lin?

Barkingturtle
07-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Luke-lin

Jimjam
07-08-2018, 09:53 AM
LDON b4 loose Lynne.

loramin
07-08-2018, 10:40 AM
uhhh what

As I understand it (and the devs haven't talked about it all that much) custom content won't happen on Green, so the one "pure classic" server will remain 100% classic. Custom content will only happen on Blue, which is already very un-classic in some respects (eg. 7 years of Kunark did not result in a classic economy).

Furthermore I believe the dev's goal is to only make "classically-themed" custom content, and while no one knows for sure what that means it sounds like anything they add would be designed to fit the existing world (vs. say Luclin or PoP which completely disrupted the existing world).

But we'll all have to wait for Green to be finished, which means waiting for all of the patches here to finish, which means waiting for Chardok 2.0 to be finished ... before we can really find out anything.

zodium
07-08-2018, 11:10 AM
As I understand it (and the devs haven't talked about it all that much) custom content won't happen on Green, so the one "pure classic" server will remain 100% classic. Custom content will only happen on Blue, which is already very un-classic in some respects (eg. 7 years of Kunark did not result in a classic economy).

Furthermore I believe the dev's goal is to only make "classically-themed" custom content, and while no one knows for sure what that means it sounds like anything they add would be designed to fit the existing world (vs. say Luclin or PoP which completely disrupted the existing world).

But we'll all have to wait for Green to be finished, which means waiting for all of the patches here to finish, which means waiting for Chardok 2.0 to be finished ... before we can really find out anything.

That sucks.

Why does Blue, Red, Green or any color P99 server need some almost certainly badly designed custom content? I'm sure they'd try their best and hardest, but the fact is nobody plays P99 to see what kind of brilliant game design ideas the devs have, we play it for the closest thing to Classic there is. Like, the entire appeal is the promise that the devs won't indulge themselves to add post-Velious or custom content.

Keep the faith, keep it classic Nilbog. :<

Bummey
07-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Luclin was good

Evia
07-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Luclin was the beginning of the end.

AA’s and ssra are the only good things.

Axlrose
07-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Bored customer (level 60 twink) walk into Burger King (Project 1999). "I would like a Big Mac (Luclin)"!"

"Sir, as you see by our menu (developer's statement), we do not have Big Macs (Luclin). If you want this, then why not go there instead (Project 2002, Takp)."

"But I live here! I consumed Whoppers (Velious) and need something more and different! Just think how cool it would be - you fast order cooks (developers) need to get on it!"

"Sir, you can leave if you like."

"What? And abandon my family (alts) sitting in various parts of your restaurant (camps), ready to consume your rare happy meals (phat lewt)!"

Fast order cooks (developers) contemplates kicking (banning) people out of the restaurant, or locking past repeated menu (expansion) requests. He resolves himself to take another stiff drink.

Bored customer (level 60 twink), eventually begins stomping his fat feet he is not getting his way -"Don't worry, I'll be back, asking for Big Macs (Luclin), if not Sliders (Planes of Power). You _know_ it would be kewl!" Suddenly, his bat phone rings and he dives towards a section of the restaurant, knocking over a different small family (guild) while babbling lawyer speak how another family member (alt) just needs this happy meal (phat lewt) over them...

loramin
07-08-2018, 01:53 PM
That sucks.

Why does Blue, Red, Green or any color P99 server need some almost certainly badly designed custom content? I'm sure they'd try their best and hardest, but the fact is nobody plays P99 to see what kind of brilliant game design ideas the devs have, we play it for the closest thing to Classic there is. Like, the entire appeal is the promise that the devs won't indulge themselves to add post-Velious or custom content.

Keep the faith, keep it classic Nilbog. :<

You seem to be missing the point: they are keeping it classic. There will be a server that's even more classic than our current one, which will progress along the original classic 2-year-ish timeline (and then reset), and which will never have custom content.

It doesn't get any more classic than that.

zodium
07-08-2018, 02:03 PM
You seem to be missing the point: they are keeping it classic. There will be a server that's even more classic than our current one, which will progress along the original classic 2-year-ish timeline (and then reset), and which will never have custom content.

It doesn't get any more classic than that.

What does that have to do with adding weird custom content to Blue tho?

Like, if what you got out of my post was "it's bad they're making Green" and not "it's bad if they add custom content to any server, regardless of color" idk what to tell you Lora

Faiding
07-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Say what you will about Luclin, but the high-end raid content was a lot more interesting than the pull-to-zone-line-dps-faceroll of classic (e.g., Emperor, cursed cycle, AHR).

lurk
07-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Luclin is a zero challenge borefest. PoP could be released right now and most of it would be doable at 60 with no AA, probably everything pre elementals minus ryda dar and maybe bertoxx. Even a lot of EP would be doable

Goodboy
07-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Bored customer (level 60 twink) walk into Burger King (Project 1999). "I would like a Big Mac (Luclin)"!"

"Sir, as you see by our menu (developer's statement), we do not have Big Macs (Luclin). If you want this, then why not go there instead (Project 2002, Takp)."

"But I live here! I consumed Whoppers (Velious) and need something more and different! Just think how cool it would be - you fast order cooks (developers) need to get on it!"

"What? And abandon my family (alts) sitting in various parts of your restaurant (camps), ready to consume your rare happy meals (phat lewt)!"

Fast order cooks (developers) contemplates kicking (banning) people out of the restaurant, or locking past repeated menu (expansion) requests. He resolves himself to take another stiff drink.

Bored customer (level 60 twink), eventually begins stomping his fat feet he is not getting his way -"Don't worry, I'll be back, asking for Big Macs (Luclin), if not Sliders (Planes of Power). You _know_ it would be kewl!" Suddenly, his bat phone rings and he dives towards a section of the restaurant, knocking over a different small family (guild) while babbling lawyer speak how another family member (alt) just needs this happy meal (phat lewt) over them...

Years ago I made a post referencing this exact problem. The issue isn't that there isn't enough content through Velious. It's that a lot of these nerds are 'playing 3 to 5 years worth of content in 3 to 5 months.

katrik
07-08-2018, 07:34 PM
I really think Luclin would make p99 better:

-AAs
-new content
-Beastlords
-new spells
-other gameplay patches / balancing

I really miss Luclin and I think it was an important expansion that improved a lot on what was lacking before it. Please add Luclin!

No ty

Silken
07-08-2018, 08:43 PM
I always chuckle when people say that they want to see Luclin on P99. Other servers have Luclin, but they don't want to play there because they don't have a good community. What they don't realize, is that maybe they don't have a good community BECAUSE they have progressed to Luclin and beyond?

Swish2
07-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Boxing is the blocker to other servers getting people on board. Let the boxers be over there, we'll do our immersive/social gameplay here on red/blue <3

Tethler
07-08-2018, 11:59 PM
I'd be satisfied with just a shared bank. Make it "custom content" by reducing it to 1 slot or something to shut up the "not classic" nerds, idc. Shared bank is easily #1 on my p99 wishlist.

zodium
07-09-2018, 03:27 AM
Boxing is the blocker to other servers getting people on board. Let the boxers be over there, we'll do our immersive/social gameplay here on red/blue <3

Honestly this. Anti-boxing is the golden feature that keeps the community going. :3

fortior
07-09-2018, 03:46 AM
How do AAs make the game better again?

Tethler
07-09-2018, 03:52 AM
How do AAs make the game better again?

They add breadcrumbs to follow like pseudo-levels for character progression. Gives people inscentive to keep playing. There are of course negatives too for AA, but those were the positives I got from AA when they were introduced on Live.

Jimjam
07-09-2018, 03:53 AM
AA kills low end by entrapping players in the high levels, also over populating the high end and increasing friction at high end camps.

Literally the last thing p99 needs. Would rather see space cat beastfrienders before that.

Alts and rerolling is incentive enough to keep playing.

zodium
07-09-2018, 03:56 AM
AA pros: maxed out addicts have something to keep "progressing" towards until they max out AAs too the week after next.

AA cons: what passes for a delicate classic game balance destroyed with a sledgehammer as all content becomes literally rather than just figuratively trivial. No need to group, just max your dude out to solo some more ~content~

Tethler
07-09-2018, 03:59 AM
AA pros: maxed out addicts have something to keep "progressing" towards until they max out AAs too the week after next.

AA cons: what passes for a delicate classic game balance destroyed with a sledgehammer as all content becomes literally rather than just figuratively trivial. No need to group, just max your dude out to solo some more ~content~

Yep, exactly this. If we thought farm teams selling MQ's were frustrating now, they would have a field day with new targets if AA's were added.

Troxx
07-09-2018, 04:32 AM
AA’s without luclin content would break p99.

Indoor run3
Everyone mitigating 10% better
Everyone avoiding 10% better
Everyone 10% more base hp
Priests/Casters with 15% aa based mana preservation
Spell casting subtlety

Those alone would trivialize high end content. You’d see more people camping all raid targets with fewer people to gear alts, sell MQs, and sell loot rights.

Neither will happen here, but Luclin would have to be all or nothing.

Bboboo
07-09-2018, 04:33 AM
Luclin is in the game already, just lookup when it's night time.

Wonkie
07-09-2018, 05:04 AM
add mirror golems, the best EQish encounter ever

fortior
07-09-2018, 05:31 AM
Yes, so I remembered AAs correctly. Numbers that go up even when you are level 60.

OP: have you considered the effects of shifting the playerbase to the lv60 end of the spectrum while simultaneously making every existing camp more solo/duoable?

Swish2
07-09-2018, 05:54 AM
OP: have you considered the effects of shifting the playerbase to the lv60 end of the spectrum while simultaneously making every existing camp more solo/duoable?

If we weren't already there with Velious gear by itself ^^

zodium
07-09-2018, 05:56 AM
If we weren't already there with Velious gear by itself ^^

There's no "there." There is always more, and it can always get worse.

Swish2
07-09-2018, 06:43 AM
There's no "there." There is always more, and it can always get worse.

Each to their own but I'm not grinding raids for hours/weeks/months for an extra 60 HP and +3 to PR/DR or whatever.

I'd sooner faction grind pointless factions than have best in slot for every slot on a character.

zodium
07-09-2018, 07:02 AM
I just don't play or post about games I don't enjoy, or stop playing and posting about games when I stop enjoying them. :>

Danth
07-09-2018, 07:45 AM
There isn't much demand for Luclin as this very thread demonstrates. Nobody's going to stop there. Any emulator that opens Luclin will inevitably also progress to Planes of Power. At that point not only do you ruin the game for classic purists, but you're also providing the same thing a couple other emulators already seek to provide.

I've long felt that Luclin had some good buried underneath a mountain of garbage, and a "fixed Luclin" that builds on the good and pitches out the huge amount of trash could provide some decent gameplay. Call it custom content. It won't happen here. Even if it didn't run contrary to P99's purpose, if no-one has noticed the admins here seem largely burnt out (after 9 years, I don't blame 'em). There hasn't been a patch in roughly a year. We'll be lucky if they ever finish out Velious, and positively fortunate if "green" ever actually exists. A large, ambitious expansion is so far outside the realm of viability given such circumstances that it can't even be regarded as a genuine request....merely as daydreaming.

Danth

fortior
07-09-2018, 07:51 AM
I recall Sirkin talking about custom AAs in a video about p99. I personally wouldn't mind flavorful stuff like priests being able to summon different/better foods or unobtrusive things like that, but I think the devs will be pretty hesitant about adding these things.

DinoTriz
07-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Nobody's going to stop there. Any emulator that opens Luclin will inevitably also progress to Planes of Power.

https://i.imgur.com/Hl54sHd.jpg

zodium
07-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Shut up Dald, no one cares what you think. :>

Foxplay
07-09-2018, 08:50 AM
I'm pretty certain the p99 raid guilds could crush Luclin raids without AA's or Luclin loot anyway......

The need for 55 COTH mules would i increase to FTE even more targets thou! Think of the "Competition!"

zodium
07-09-2018, 08:53 AM
People who think P99 is stale lack an imagination and sense of adventure.

Proof: Daldaen thinks P99 is stale.

zodium
07-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Dald, my man, you're not supposed to play the same version of the same video game continuously for 8 years. I should not have to say this to an adult man!

This is what everyone who wants P99 Luclin seems to just not grasp on a basic level. Like, I'm done progressing and have been for months, Gatmanno will never significantly improve, and I don't need him to. I love to show people around the game I played as a kid. It's fun to bounce around and help people out, go on some adventures, shoot the shit, just doing my elf thing. But one day that will stop being fun. When it stops, I'll just move on to a video game I like. Then I'll maybe check back, but mostly I'll just quit. Like a normal person.

Playing P99 is not supposed to be part of your identity. If you had a healthier attitude towards elfin' it up, you wouldn't constantly be pining for P99 to be something it's not. Like godverdomme man, you need therapy or something.

For your own sake, go away. You are done with P99. You were done with P99 before I and many current players even started here. :o

fortior
07-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Luclin adds a huge amount of incentive to improve your main character rather than roll alt #6.

Can you explain why you don't just do this on a server which facilitates that by enabling Luclin? Is it because you simply don't just want to give up your existing characters/items/plat (which you are asking other players to do since you're clamoring to change the server they signed up for to something else), is it because you just want to watch number go up, in which case I suggest mentally counting to 1.000.000 in between posts, or is it because you are bored with a game you've been playing for almost a decade and you just want the devs to add more crack to your Skinner box?

fortior
07-09-2018, 09:33 AM
For the true classic experience, stick a post-it on your screen to cover up your Duxa UI mana counter. Then stare into a flashlight every 10 minutes to make sure you don't see shit at night - alternately, buy a monitor with bad viewing angles and turn it sideways. Also, whenever you meditate, close your eyes. Finally, don't forget to roll a d6 every time you zone: force-quit the game whenever you roll a 1

zodium
07-09-2018, 09:40 AM
My scimitar was hung up a year or two ago. I continue to provide guidance to those seeking Luclin or classic immersion. Too many lost souls seem to think Titanium is good for this server. They have lost their way and need to be shown the way of the Trilogy client.

It's not P99 that needs help and guidance. It's you. Please tend your own garden and come back when you are ready to love P99 for what it is again. :o

zodium
07-09-2018, 09:55 AM
I know you think that. We were guilded. :>

The reality is, however, this, and I'll wrap it in a classic era reference just for you: you are the Jon Irenicus of P99. I saw you in Awakened. Clinging not even to the memory, but to the memory of the memory of something you used to love, absolutely unable to remember what that even means anymore. Whatever you feel for P99 or its community, it has nothing to do with anything anyone else would recognize as love for the game. What you feel is a sad and bitter thing that you happen to call love.

Except instead of being an all-powerful wizard who can't let go, you are an EverQuest player who can't let go. :o

mcoy
07-09-2018, 10:24 AM
I thought AA's were cool until I started seeing groups LFM but with <insert minimum AA requirement>. That and it also made the game more WoW-ish with all the extra hotkeys.

I'll vote not classic.

-Mcoy

Wuffles
07-09-2018, 12:33 PM
I thought AA's were cool until I started seeing groups LFM but with <insert minimum AA requirement>. That and it also made the game more WoW-ish with all the extra hotkeys.

I'll vote not classic.

-Mcoy

Lol who ever in their right mind would say Hotkeys are negative in ANY capacity.

Come on...

bigjeff100
07-09-2018, 12:56 PM
People who think P99 is stale lack an imagination and sense of adventure.

Proof: Daldaen thinks P99 is stale.

P99 is far from stale. If it's stale, then you have outplayed your feelings nostalgia.. AND, that is very unfortunate. I have more content to do and see than i'll ever get to witness.. So many classes and races i've never played. So many zones to explore and discover. And so many quests to start!!

Atmas
07-09-2018, 01:16 PM
I would love to see the server split off to give players the option for Luclin. Basically copy the existing server and and keep patching the new server through Luclin while leaving the original one locked.

Mblake1981
07-09-2018, 01:32 PM
I would love to see the server split off to give players the option for Luclin. Basically copy the existing server and and keep patching the new server through Luclin while leaving the original one locked.

What does this provide that other servers do not already provide? is it the idea that if it splits the new luclin p99 will have the same great community with a steady population?

will there be these same posts requesting PoP be added to keep the Luclin server from being stale after the top two guilds hold the best content for x amount of years? will there be a request to keep the Luclin server locked but split so a PoP server can exist?

"I mean, I want my auto teleporters, bazaar bots, merc bots and instances so my classic EQ nostalgia feels legit. Please me."

We have different ideas of what classic is and tbh with all of you, to me, pre-kunark eq was "classic" and a cohesive world. Kunark and Velious are wasteland expansions rushed out the door to keep subscribers in a time where such a thing could exist. Over time the focus of a massive RPG you could share with others took a backseat to "Video Game". Kraddok said it already, "even music didn't want to go there"

Danth
07-09-2018, 01:34 PM
If you play here for nostalgia, then it's no shock it gets old. Nostalgia's always fleeting.

I'm not nostalgic for old EQ. I was an adult when it came out and the wife and I both well remember its poor management and problems all too well. It took only a few short years before that game morphed from something I liked, into something I did not. I've no interest in re-living that! That's the great weakness of the MMO/RPG genre, and of expansion-driven business models more generally. Even if you find a game you like, you get to watch it slowly break apart in front of you until you can't stand the thing anymore. It stinks.

P1999's no nostalgia fix. Rather, it's a version of EQ that takes away the parts that drove me out of the game the first time around. It works; I've spent far more time here than I did in the original. The fixed era might be regarded as a weakness, but it's a tolerable weakness. It if gets old sometimes, well, so do my other hobbies as well. That's why I have hobbies (emphasis on plural) and don't try to fixate on any single activity. P1999 works well for what it is and I'm glad to have it always available.

Danth

zodium
07-09-2018, 02:18 PM
If you play here for nostalgia, then it's no shock it gets old. Nostalgia's always fleeting.

I'm not nostalgic for old EQ. I was an adult when it came out and the wife and I both well remember its poor management and problems all too well. It took only a few short years before that game morphed from something I liked, into something I did not. I've no interest in re-living that! That's the great weakness of the MMO/RPG genre, and of expansion-driven business models more generally. Even if you find a game you like, you get to watch it slowly break apart in front of you until you can't stand the thing anymore. It stinks.

P1999's no nostalgia fix. Rather, it's a version of EQ that takes away the parts that drove me out of the game the first time around. It works; I've spent far more time here than I did in the original. The fixed era might be regarded as a weakness, but it's a tolerable weakness. It if gets old sometimes, well, so do my other hobbies as well. That's why I have hobbies (emphasis on plural) and don't try to fixate on any single activity. P1999 works well for what it is and I'm glad to have it always available.

Danth

https://i.imgur.com/nR3XSsH.gif

Phenyo
07-09-2018, 02:41 PM

Danth

pras

Fryhole
07-09-2018, 03:11 PM
It would be an interesting experiment to see what would happen if P99 launched a progression server up to PoP. Same rules as current blue server, add a P99 spin and don't include the bazaar, mounts or PoP books. That said, it looks like current dev support has been watered down between some of the other EQ emu projects, and if Pantheon turns out to be what they claim, dev free time will be even lower.

For all the bazaar hate though, sitting in EC for what can be days of your playtime to either buy or sell something is painful.

Baler
07-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Nostalgia is like a drug and one can build up a tolerance for Nostalgia. Put the mouse and keyboard down for a bit. Then come back later ready for that first blast off of Nostalgia again.

Lammy
07-09-2018, 03:26 PM
You guys talk about Luclin like the devs can just insert a CD and install it to the server.

Quizlop
07-09-2018, 04:08 PM
It's always weird to me how many people have an absolute disdain for anything after Velious, when Classic to Velious is such a tiny part of Everquest's history.

I didn't start playing until partway through Velious (EQ Trilogy was the first thing I bought) and continued playing until partway through The Serpent's Spine. The main reason I quit was because most of my guild left for WoW.

I personally think that PoP era is the best part of EQ, and would much prefer to play on a server like TAKP or P2002 and I feel that many other players feel the same way. However, the main thing keeping many of these players on P99 is the large playerbase and quality of management, rather than only enjoying content between classic and velious. So, many hope (in vain) that the professional staff of P99 will change their minds and decide to progress past velious and continue to develop the server, which is why they haven't moved on to other projects.

Bummey
07-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Luclin was good.

Canelek
07-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Aside from the models, cats and one-stop leveling to 30, Luclin was decent. The itemization on the raid side was pretty cool. I liked my Emp sword!

That said, it ain't happening here, and that is for the best. I suppose if folks want all that, there are plenty DBG-hosted live servers and some other emulated ones...

moltm
07-09-2018, 06:44 PM
see this image?
"get" this image?
And you LIKE this image?

that is grounds for getting smoked (ie Strung up, doxed, killed), that is the short of it. if i gave ya the long take well i'm a little nicer so let's say you'd merely be coughing up dumbass-O's by the spoonful for the next coupla earthquakes.

Borak
07-10-2018, 12:22 AM
Yeah, the Luclin models were crap. That being said, it would be cool if you could make a conehead version of the existing Erudite model.

Swish2
07-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Luclin isn't good content throughout, but it's fresh content. People want something fresh.

Jimjam
07-10-2018, 01:32 AM
Plenty of other games to try.

I still have loads of content to work through that is new to me.

There is more to eq than EC/oasis/mistmoore/com/KC/seb and waiting for dragons to appear at zonelines.

zodium
07-10-2018, 01:35 AM
Luclin isn't good content throughout, but it's fresh content. People want something fresh.

Unless you mean Chardok 2.0 by fresh content: no, we don't, thanks. Not wanting fresh content is exactly why we play P99. :o

Those of us who play for P99 and not for coming back for a rematch with a kiddy game for the ~challenge, anyway. I find "EQ as a difficult competitive game that needs fresh content" pretty hilarious. Game is easy. Go socialize in easy game and you'll have fun. :>

fortior
07-10-2018, 02:41 AM
Half the people I group with are playing semi-afk from work, EQ isn't difficult

Swish2
07-10-2018, 02:48 AM
Unless you mean Chardok 2.0 by fresh content: no, we don't, thanks. Not wanting fresh content is exactly why we play P99. :o

That's not what I mean, no...but Chardok 2.0 (as opposed to 2.01) would be something nice to experience.

What I meant was a new server primarily of some description or some custom content to be decided... I think we're in good hands on the custom content.

Sinistria
07-10-2018, 03:00 AM
For the true classic experience, stick a post-it on your screen to cover up your Duxa UI mana counter. Then stare into a flashlight every 10 minutes to make sure you don't see shit at night - alternately, buy a monitor with bad viewing angles and turn it sideways. Also, whenever you meditate, close your eyes. Finally, don't forget to roll a d6 every time you zone: force-quit the game whenever you roll a 1

Very good description of what EQ was during Kunark on Live :D

zodium
07-10-2018, 03:09 AM
That's not what I mean, no...but Chardok 2.0 (as opposed to 2.01) would be something nice to experience.

What I meant was a new server primarily of some description or some custom content to be decided... I think we're in good hands on the custom content.

Well I thought so until someone said they might add some anyway, now I'm worried they're gonna indulge themselves. :(

Hopefully Lora is full of it!

Faiding
07-10-2018, 03:35 AM
Here's a quick and easy method to play whatever idea of "classic" it is that you have:

Step 1 - clone the repo: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server
Step 2 - learn C++
Step 3 - learn MySQL
Step 4 - find somewhere to host it
Step 5 - maybe consult the wiki a few times: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki
Step 6 (optional) - have the resources in place to prevent things like RMTing to avoid legal problems related to: gambling laws, money laundering, intellectual property infringement.

That should get you started.

fortior
07-10-2018, 03:41 AM
Well I thought so until someone said they might add some anyway, now I'm worried they're gonna indulge themselves. :(

Hopefully Lora is full of it!

Poorly written custom quests that reward custom items with wildly overpowered stats, just like my favorite diablo 2 mods

Bummey
07-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Luclin was good.

Linkamus
07-12-2018, 10:23 AM
If you want Luclin come play on TAKP (p99 will never add Luclin, and never should). It is the most legit server you will find for the 2002 era. Luclin is being released in a few weeks over there. PoP probably in a few years. So plenty of time to catch up.

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Server_Comparison

fadetree
07-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Yep, I second that. TAKP's been great.

coki
07-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Zodium were you the goon who made it or handed it off to goons? either way i had some fun times on shards of dalya before they introduced kunark, the custom content was stupid hard though and boss tactics had to be grandfathered down to people basically

zodium
07-19-2018, 10:11 AM
We were the original pre-Kunark guys. Wiz was the goon who made it, I was the GM-Admin/cat herder at large in those days. :3

Happy to hear you had fun my dude. I think we had a pretty good time too!

wittles
08-06-2018, 02:51 AM
No.

Lore and Magic
08-06-2018, 07:46 AM
I just recently played Luclin on Agnarr (live TLP) for 3 months. I went pretty hard farming over 200 AA's and raiding Vex Thal on a weekly basis.

The expansion is not good. If they do custom content here, it should be AA's, which were the only good thing to come out of that expansion.

trite
08-06-2018, 08:09 AM
A true artist designed the original EQ models...Luclin models are uninspired piles of polygons...,.

Mead
08-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Luclin is the greatest thing that could happen here. This server started as project 1999. We are currently in 2001. It only takes a dev team with the desire to see it happen for it to happen.

sounds desperate

LulzSect©
08-06-2018, 09:41 AM
A true artist designed the original EQ models...Luclin models are uninspired piles of polygons...,.

radda
08-06-2018, 10:19 AM
Luclin is on another server, come join us

radda
08-06-2018, 10:21 AM
I just recently played Luclin on Agnarr (live TLP) for 3 months. I went pretty hard farming over 200 AA's and raiding Vex Thal on a weekly basis.

The expansion is not good. If they do custom content here, it should be AA's, which were the only good thing to come out of that expansion.

Hopefully that was your first TLP server cause once you’ve done one, you’re done

Bummey
08-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Luclin was good.

Axlrose
08-06-2018, 02:02 PM
What if the developers decided to add Luclin, but with a twist - once you travel to any of those zones, you were permanently "banned" from stepping foot onto Norrath ever again? Your bind point would initially change to be bound to the Nexus, but you could not port down through any of the four portals. Any and all teleportation spells would be limited to those areas involved with the Luclin expansion. Yes, you would be able to fill those AA points to your heart's content, but Antonica, Kunark, Velious, and the planes as they are today would be forever your character's past life.

Raev
08-06-2018, 03:06 PM
AAs would be really good for Project 1999 as they give something for people to do with their raid geared characters other than farming fungi tunic #253 and generally extend a pretty simple game. I would hate them on a progression server, though.

Luclin is also the start of tradeskills not sucking (Blessed Shawl, CT armor, Solstice) which I also think is good.

So far the TAKP Luclin raids I've done are mostly Velious part Two (with even more HP/AC). The notable exceptions appear to be Shei and Emperor Ssra. It's kind of funny in a way, the Emperor is the hardest encounter and the 'reward' is to be sucked into VT for hours of clearing trash. Almost like Naethyn was in charge of Luclin raid design . . .

I don't know why everyone hates the Vah Shir. Beastlords are a little too good because Verant wanted people to play the new class, but otherwise Luclin graphics seem fine (note: I use the classic graphics for characters).

Luclin's Nexus is great. PoK is dumb. I wonder if Druids and Wizards got more ports in GoD and beyond?

Verdict: Luclin is OK. It's an extremely ambitious expansion that didn't quite hit the mark, especially since it was released early with lots of bugs. I think Velious is actually a pretty weak expansion. Verant was taking their first baby steps towards challenging raid content and at first all they could come up with was huge hitpoint totals. In Luclin you can see a few of the scripted raids that are apparently the norm in PoP. The problem is that as Verant was making their raids more challenging they were also busy trivializing every other part of the game.

If you want to play Luclin, and don't absolutely loath boxing, I'd recommend TAKP. Just make sure to roll Enchanter/Cleric/X (or Beastlord/Cleric/X if you don't want to charm). You'll thank me later. In a lot of ways TAKP is more balanced than P99, but the balance holes they do have (Pacify/Charm) are big enough to drive a truck through. No poopsocking is just awesome tho.

coki
08-06-2018, 03:09 PM
after re doing all the "content" on agnarr from classic to Quarm, Luclin was the most boring xpac on that server by far imo

Igneous
08-06-2018, 06:41 PM

What kind of custom content? New quests and lore?

coki
08-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Care to elaborate?

For me personally it was just incredibly boring , the raid content was super boring getting VT keys for the whole guild took 2 weeks of hardcore socking sucked and Ssra Temple was only fun the first time we cleared it, getting AAs was kinda cool, I think it would have been alot more fun on p99 cause agnarr and prog servers are completely different game compared to p99.

Lore and Magic
08-07-2018, 12:30 AM
Adding AA's as custom content to P99 would be the best decision and make the most sense. Not only does it keep people playing at 60, it's one of the better features added to the game and keeps 60's mixed in with the leveling population.

Will they actually put them in here? I doubt it.

Ligma
08-07-2018, 01:10 AM
Remember rechargeables were nerfed in luclin so you'd be trading rechargeables for AA. I'm sure a lot are ok with that but rechargeables are arguably better

impact
08-09-2018, 04:54 AM
Um, no. This is Project 1999 for a reason. The game was entirely a different game after Luclin.

Notwotwo
08-15-2018, 04:57 PM
The main problem of Luclin is the new graphics and engine. It sucks

Nixtar
08-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Add Luclin with no way to get there.

Danth
08-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Add Luclin with no way to get there.

Better yet, add it with no way to get OUT.

Danth

Detoxx
08-15-2018, 06:25 PM

Almost 1.5 years since last patch. I wouldnt count on any custom content...

zodium
08-15-2018, 06:29 PM
Better yet, add it with no way to get OUT.

Danth

WOAH!

Would accept Luclin with this condition. :o

Ravager
08-15-2018, 06:36 PM
Nexus put the living world of EQ in a coma, PoK books killed it.

heartbrand
08-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Almost 1.5 years since last patch. I wouldnt count on any custom content...

LulzSect©
08-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Nexus put the living world of EQ in a coma, PoK books killed it.

goldlush
08-17-2018, 12:31 PM
I'd be OK with the Froglok race and Gnome Sk's and Halfling Rangers and what was the third one like that but kitty bards looked stupider hitting a drum than human races did playing their flute like a guitar lol

goldlush
08-17-2018, 12:48 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D

GnomeCaptain
08-17-2018, 03:56 PM
Luclin was not good.

And its gear would largely trivialize the current content.

But I would be perfectly fine with Gnome Shadow Knights.

Topgunben
08-17-2018, 04:00 PM
WOAH!

Would accept Luclin with this condition. :o

Yes this is actually a pretty good idea if luclin must be added.