PDA

View Full Version : What's your P99 quirk?!??!

mefdinkins
07-10-2018, 01:32 AM
Do you have to roleplay as an orphan gnome? Do you have to fashionquest above all else? Can you only group when you have 10+ hours to play? Do you feel dangerously unprepared if you don't have 50 sow pots, worts, and raid mats on you? Do you hate your hometown's bank!? Do you have to have a tink bag even if it's holding 10 .1 weight items?

What p99 quirks do you have?

For me
- Animals: When I originally played in '99 as a druid I never killed any animals. I swear I thought it was bad or would mess up faction or something? I haven't fully carried that into p99 b/c those animales have some good mats and XP but I still try not to unnecessarily poach my animal homies. I still wonder how my 14 year old self justified killing Dark Elves, Humans, Half Elves, and Dwarves but refused to touch an elephant.
- Swimmer: I try to get all my chars to max out swimming before they're in their teens. I also love itemizing for enduring breath so across my stable of characters I have a Rebreather, more than 1 Fishbone Earring, Singing Steel Gauntlets, Drums of the Beast, a Lodizal Shell Shield, Knotted Turtlebone Ring, and one of my favorites a Zombie Flesh Bracer.

I'm sure there's 1,000 other weird things I do but someone was making fun of me for all my plat sunk into EB items so I wondered what other EQ quirks people have.

zodium
07-10-2018, 01:33 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yes to all of the above!!

I'm so quirky I could open up a Tawdry Quirks Store. :o

mefdinkins
07-10-2018, 01:42 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yes to all of the above!!

I'm so quirky I could open up a Tawdry Quirks Store. :o

Arrrghhhhhh! Can you please list some of yours?

Must be a pirate.
Must be sexy as hell.

Kaezyr D`Shiv
07-10-2018, 01:47 AM
...Do you have to fashionquest above all else?...

Not really a huge quirk, but for me its mostly Dark Elf above all else, and fashionquest to me is another "Stat" almost as important as HP/Mana to really consider when buying (or bidding) on something.

Another thing, I cannot stand Faydwer, mostly the whole continent, but especially the dungeons that everyone else seems to have such a hardon for!! CB/Unrest/MM , overrated!! Not my favorite, nope!!

Tethler
07-10-2018, 01:53 AM
My quirk is always spending every last platinum on marginal upgrades the moment I have enough instead of saving money for substantial upgrades. This is compounded by having 6 characters (just started a 7th) which all have full sets of gear im actively working on.

Result = always broke

2 weeks ago I decided to start saving for my rogue's epic MQ. port whored and saved up a couple k. immediately spend it all on a few pieces of dwarven cultural armor for my 35 cleric who is already at 200wis and doesnt really need it at this stage of the game. Starting from 0 again this week.

zodium
07-10-2018, 01:55 AM
Arrrghhhhhh! Can you please list some of yours?

Must be a pirate.
Must be sexy as hell.

My fashionquest game must be top tier from 1 to 60, and beyond.
I must only play one character, and that character must always be Gatmanno. No switching!
If I must have alts, I must not actively play them, and they must be beautiful Daniel Day Lewis correct-face halflings, if at all possible.
I must not care about loot or uberness, only adventure, and trust that any loot I actually need will flow from aforementioned will to adventure.
As an exception to the above, I must have all of the clickies and all of the toys. Yes, all of them.

probably more i'm not thinking of yet, it's like more implicit than explicit tbh

Bummey
07-10-2018, 02:08 AM
At level 5 I get a sow, a lev ring or dmf, rings of shadows/cloudy potions, and make the run to Cobalt Scar for the tooth. I kill Ziglark on my mischief bound necro and swap back to loot the shrine key.

I have a regular suite of items that I put on every new character by at least level 15: 4 rings of shadows regardless of class, weight reduction bags for as many slots as I want to fill, fishbone earring, jboots, etc. I like my trinkets. Pegasus cloak too, eventually. Always be floating.

Assling if class can be assling. If not assling, gnome. If class can't be either, cry a little, make a lizard monk, and live with the shame of height.

Also jumjum. I only consume jumjum if I can help it. I will port to misty, buy it, then port and drop transfer to my other characters. It's a problem.

Tethler
07-10-2018, 02:12 AM
At level 5 I get a sow, a lev ring or dmf, rings of shadows/cloudy potions, and make the run to Cobalt Scar for the tooth.

Nice, I get the CS tooth early too, but not at level 5 haha. Stupid port rings trying to tell me where I can and can't go. I go where I want! ....except locked dungeons.

Swish2
07-10-2018, 03:24 AM
Gate always in the bottom right hand corner of the spell book and in slot 8 if I put it anywhere, root above it in both cases :p

Heals always in slot 1-2 or both...and developed a habit on P99 of arranging the front spellbook pages where the spells I usually equip are down the sides in the right order. Now I've started it I can't stop.

zodium
07-10-2018, 03:48 AM
I must always accept a call to adventure, provided I'm not already on an adventure.

I can only cast spells that are contextually demanded by the current or upcoming adventure, although frankly this is really just a funny excuse to shoot down buff requests in tunnel 90% of the time.

skarlorn
07-10-2018, 03:59 AM
Rivervale must be protected

Bboboo
07-10-2018, 04:52 AM
sense heading is completely useless

unorganized bags, be it the the windows or items in bags

mem'd spells go top to bottom (gate always on 8)

if you /tell me with just "hey" / "hello" expect no reply

there are 5 classes in the game that are Iksar only

if you group/duo for exp pull your weight

loot everything

delete copper/silver if unable to move

elwing
07-10-2018, 05:50 AM
loyal: can't easily ruin non kos faction...

Yasi
07-10-2018, 05:51 AM
I've three quirks that get allong horribly:

1: Old Human Monk Model h2h offhand animation.
I don't know why, but that animation still gives me a boner in 2018. I think it was because you were always waiting for these dw-procs in your early levels and had rising blood flow once they happened. So until today, if I see that offhand punch animation, I immediately want to play a human monk.

2: Monk triple attacks at lvl 15.
I love that moment when you're hitting a mob, staring at the chat window watching the incoming and outgoing damage - and then suddenly three white lines are added to the chat in a blink of an eye: a dual whield + double attack proc, reducing that WC's Young Kodiak's hp-bar by a quarter. Nerd chills.

3: Now here comes the problem: Bards.
My first char I really enjoyed was a bard and ever since, I am addicted. I can't play anything else, except bards (and Monks up to Level 15, for obvious reasons, from time to time). Started on p99: played a bard. Came back after 2years break: played a bard. Started playing on Agnarr: played a bard. Started playing on Coirnav: played a bard. Going to play on p99 again at some Point: will be a bard. I am stuck at bard. I dream bard from time to time. While it bores me as fuck to lull the hell out of mistmore castle for the 18742th time, I still can't stand the idea of not playing a bard.
Sometimes, I try playing another char. So I twink it up and get that neat EC orc camp Group flowing - and suddenly a bard appears and I immediately have to log to my own bard and Twist a few Songs to get anxiety and blood pressure down.

I think I have serious issues.

Sinistria
07-10-2018, 05:57 AM
unorganized bags, be it the the windows or items in bags

mem'd spells go top to bottom (gate always on 8)

loot everything

delete copper/silver if unable to move

/cheer

Llandris
07-10-2018, 07:01 AM
Spell book organization

Taiku
07-10-2018, 07:16 AM
I only stock up food and drink in Cabilis from the same two merchants, Fish cakes from a merchant near the monk guild (on the "merchant island" thing with the tents), and milk from Klok Sweetzie by the bank. And my spell book is always organized by levels, in the order the wiki lists them in, leaving blank spaces for unlearned spells.

Before I got my Specter pet, I would give all of my pets a Mandolin to enable double attack or whatever it does, makes them look like undead bards!

kjs86z
07-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Spell book organization

This.

Also I have only ever bought food / water from 1 vendor...ever. N freeport the chick near the bank.

sedrie.bellamie
07-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Rivervale must be protected

I always look for Nillipuss when in Rivervale, got to help protect that Jum Jum harvest

Pint
07-10-2018, 11:15 AM
My characters only eat bread and water in game bc we are forever imprisoned on norrath

radda
07-10-2018, 11:21 AM
im a hoarder

Nexii
07-10-2018, 11:26 AM
I only create a new alt after the previous one hits 60

Raavak
07-10-2018, 11:28 AM
I max sense heading by level 10.
I bank and save forever no drop items I once valued, even when upgraded.

Cult
07-10-2018, 11:46 AM
I ride the boats often even when I don't have to

also I use the firepot room a LOT

fan D
07-10-2018, 11:52 AM
i only follow the wall to get through kithikor and lfay

scary zones

Axlrose
07-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Oh boy...

- The multiple characters I used to play on Live are repeated here exactly: same class, same facial appearance, same race, and since I role play, the same mannerisms. I have since added a few more characters and they are role played differently too!

- My druid and my wizard will only scribe a circle / gate / portal / ring spell if he or she is either against the center rock (for druid rings) or exact center of the four spires (for wizard portals). This means traveling by foot to reach these destinations first.

- Speaking of spells, I have them organized in groups and in alphabetical order. In fact, I created Excel spread sheets that state where _every_ spell will go by page and slot. Thus as I slowly create my spell books, while some are clumped in front, most are spread across the whole book.

- I keep track of what each character has eaten and drank. I try to rotate their supplies so they are not eating the same item too many times in a row.

- Another set of Excel spread sheets keeps track of my characters' skills and have formulas stating what the maximum amount per level shall be. And another set of spread sheets tracks the various items in their possession.

- My cloth casters have gotten quite proficient in their defensive and offensive combat skills. While not monks, their hand to hand skills are formidable!

- My characters "sell" items between themselves (with the help of my brother being the considerate middleman). That is, my warrior has a rune my wizard would need, the wizard pays coinage to my warrior for that rune! Occasionally, auctions in East Commonlands catch my attention, and being a poor person (trade skill junkie!), I owe my brother's characters for items he has gotten for me too.

- A great majority of my time I play the game in a solo fashion - thus I am moving at a snail's pace through the levels. Occasionally I will group with one of my brother's characters and I will ask him to teach me whatever racial language he possesses.

- While traveling throughout the world, I will steer away from "running through" another player. In my mind, I would not want a collision!

- One player's junk is my newfound treasure! Those meats and skins left lying around on corpses have been and will be put to good use.

Yes, I still enjoy the game because in the grand scheme of things, I have not dented the surface yet. One day, I might adventure on Velious too...!

Kaezyr D`Shiv
07-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Oh boy...

- The multiple characters I used to play on Live are repeated here exactly: same class, same facial appearance, same race, and since I role play, the same mannerisms. I have since added a few more characters and they are role played differently too!

- My druid and my wizard will only scribe a circle / gate / portal / ring spell if he or she is either against the center rock (for druid rings) or exact center of the four spires (for wizard portals). This means traveling by foot to reach these destinations first.

- Speaking of spells, I have them organized in groups and in alphabetical order. In fact, I created Excel spread sheets that state where _every_ spell will go by page and slot. Thus as I slowly create my spell books, while some are clumped in front, most are spread across the whole book.

- I keep track of what each character has eaten and drank. I try to rotate their supplies so they are not eating the same item too many times in a row.

- Another set of Excel spread sheets keeps track of my characters' skills and have formulas stating what the maximum amount per level shall be. And another set of spread sheets tracks the various items in their possession.

- My cloth casters have gotten quite proficient in their defensive and offensive combat skills. While not monks, their hand to hand skills are formidable!

- My characters "sell" items between themselves (with the help of my brother being the considerate middleman). That is, my warrior has a rune my wizard would need, the wizard pays coinage to my warrior for that rune! Occasionally, auctions in East Commonlands catch my attention, and being a poor person (trade skill junkie!), I owe my brother's characters for items he has gotten for me too.

- A great majority of my time I play the game in a solo fashion - thus I am moving at a snail's pace through the levels. Occasionally I will group with one of my brother's characters and I will ask him to teach me whatever racial language he possesses.

- While traveling throughout the world, I will steer away from "running through" another player. In my mind, I would not want a collision!

- One player's junk is my newfound treasure! Those meats and skins left lying around on corpses have been and will be put to good use.

Yes, I still enjoy the game because in the grand scheme of things, I have not dented the surface yet. One day, I might adventure on Velious too...!

OMG , to everyone else, If you thought you were immersed and didn't do half these things, think again! RP for fun, I did it once, had some fun. Might do it again some day

Cult
07-10-2018, 01:34 PM

This too, I really like cooking found meat and randomly sharing the food. Pickled wurm is a personal favorite.

aaezil
07-10-2018, 01:36 PM
And people say autisms only exist in rnf

Arachnor
07-10-2018, 01:39 PM
It thoroughly pisses me off when people change their course of direction to run through you when passing by.

I must have dwarf pickles on all toons, even my dwarf rogue.

Gate always on page 8, hp/ac buffs on 7. Spells i never/rarely use always start on page 20.

My /hidecorpse all hotkey must be red, /hidecorpse looted green.

FungusTrooper
07-10-2018, 02:19 PM
I love trying to roleplay my troll and ogre. Problem is, I keep getting their words mixed up...

My ogre speeks like dis, talkin' bout whateva he needs ta, and likes ta gruup wif da littler races, and only eets 'em sometimes. Him refers to hiself as "me", like "me wants ta gruup, anywun wanna break dem little orcs?".

My troll speaks like a WH40k ork, lotza zeds, lotza shoutin', but isn't stupid, so doesn't refer to hizself as "me", but sometimes I'z slip and before ya knowz it, Bludgutz iz sayin' "me dis" and "me dat".

It's hard to switch between them both.

Bboboo
07-10-2018, 02:29 PM
And people say autisms only exist in rnf

rnf has ascended beyond autism thank you very much

bricke75
07-10-2018, 02:50 PM
I only eat foraged foods.

Bristlebaner
07-10-2018, 03:06 PM
It thoroughly pisses me off when people change their course of direction to run through you when passing by.

I must have dwarf pickles on all toons, even my dwarf rogue.

Gate always on page 8, hp/ac buffs on 7. Spells i never/rarely use always start on page 20.

My /hidecorpse all hotkey must be red, /hidecorpse looted green.

I combine /hidecorpse all and /hidecorpse looted on the same hotkey.

Lojik
07-10-2018, 03:16 PM
I liked having multiple moss masks instead of passive eb items

MagpieRockyl
07-10-2018, 03:28 PM
I don't like wearing helmets

kaluann
07-10-2018, 03:30 PM
-All my characters are either Gnomes or Humans

-I refuse to buy items I can farm myself, the only exception being the Goblin Gazughi Ring, which I finally caved in and bought after over 200+ courier kills. I've spent hours and hours farming items which I could easily buy for a few hundred plat, wasting so much time.

-I always mem Gate on my 8th spell slot

-If I have to buy something expensive on one character, I will never gut another one of my characters to afford said item

-I often enjoy running to zones I need to get to rather than grabbing a port, even if I need to take a boat

Caerulus
07-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Must collect Complete Spellbook, no matter how useless the spells are.

Said spellbook must be organized by spell type, from lowest level to highest, and in the order I scribe them on the spell bar.

Must collect all research materials, if applicable for the class, and organize them by spell and level in the bank.

All alts of same race on same account.

Names must be culturally appropriate.

Cultural smithing for fashion quest.

Extra clerics just for imbuing for cultural smithing.

All bags must be very organized.

No ruining faction w/o reason.

Max factions when possible.

All alts do minimal crafting skills, to create their own banded, silk, backpacks, and food.

I keep spreadsheets for each character to track gear and progress and tasks.

I keep spreadsheets for each tradeskill.

Any myth/rumor/advice must be rigorously tested, with sufficient applicable data and statistical analysis to reach a conclusion.

I always bind sense heading to #2 and then hit it between every weapon swing until it is maxed

I always have the same macro setups on every toon:
a. Location: /location x5
b. Corpse: /corpse x5
c. Tank /target Name
d. Assist /assist
e. HideAll /hidecorpse all; /hidecorpse looted
f. HideNone /hidecorpse none
g. Self /target yourName; used with Hide
h. Who /whotarget; /guildstatus

aaezil
07-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Must collect Complete Spellbook, no matter how useless the spells are.

Said spellbook must be organized by spell type, from lowest level to highest, and in the order I scribe them on the spell bar.

Must collect all research materials, if applicable for the class, and organize them by spell and level in the bank.

All alts of same race on same account.

Names must be culturally appropriate.

Cultural smithing for fashion quest.

Extra clerics just for imbuing for cultural smithing.

All bags must be very organized.

No ruining faction w/o reason.

Max factions when possible.

All alts do minimal crafting skills, to create their own banded, silk, backpacks, and food.

I keep spreadsheets for each character to track gear and progress and tasks.

I keep spreadsheets for each tradeskill.

Any myth/rumor/advice must be rigorously tested, with sufficient applicable data and statistical analysis to reach a conclusion.

I always bind sense heading to #2 and then hit it between every weapon swing until it is maxed

I always have the same macro setups on every toon:
a. Location: /location x5
b. Corpse: /corpse x5
c. Tank /target Name
d. Assist /assist
e. HideAll /hidecorpse all; /hidecorpse looted
f. HideNone /hidecorpse none
h. Who /whotarget; /guildstatus

Strong spectrum there.

Also F1 to target yourself my man dont wast a hotbutton like that.

Kaezyr D`Shiv
07-11-2018, 02:40 AM
Strong spectrum there.

Also F1 to target yourself my man dont wast a hotbutton like that.

FYI "Used with Hide"
Push racial/non-rogue Hide skill hotbutton
/target character_self_name (now you need to be sure to not have any see invis effects on, buffs or items)
If successfully hidden, you will not be able to /tar self

Very handy when there are no non-indifferent, non-see invis mobs/npcs around to check otherwise

Thanks shoutout to my boy Mouse<Anonymous> for showing me this trick, and your welcome to whoever just learned it.

Frug
07-11-2018, 03:37 AM
FYI "Used with Hide"
/target character_self_name (now you need to be sure to not have any see invis effects on, buffs or items)

Why not do that in one button?
/doability <HIDE>
/tar <your_name>

Canelek
07-11-2018, 03:58 AM
A lot of strong OCD here. I am glad everyone is keeping themselves occupied during these trying times.

fortior
07-11-2018, 04:03 AM
Gate On Eight

Tethler
07-11-2018, 04:47 AM
Gate On Eight

I do this as well, always.

Foxplay
07-11-2018, 05:33 AM
Weird I almost never have gate memed I usually just swap to it for travel or emergencies. Suppose it's different for some casters that don't have 8 useful spells...

zodium
07-11-2018, 05:36 AM
FYI "Used with Hide"

Very handy when there are no non-indifferent, non-see invis mobs/npcs around to check otherwise

Thanks shoutout to my boy Mouse<Anonymous> for showing me this trick, and your welcome to whoever just learned it.

:eek:

thanks friend

mefdinkins
07-11-2018, 10:54 AM
that's a good trick but doesn't work if you have Mask of the Hunter on. :(

clevergirl
07-11-2018, 11:15 AM
I always wanted to level melee by only looting items as I leveled and never buying them.

Nixtar
07-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Weird I almost never have gate memed I usually just swap to it for travel or emergencies. Suppose it's different for some casters that don't have 8 useful spells...

Just requires a bit of spell swapping during some fights. GINA helps a lot and after awhile it becomes second nature.

Sorn
07-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Your version of gate is:
AoE Stun
AoE mez
moonwalk outta there
charm a sucker
kill everything

I know you, Fox :P

kotton05
07-11-2018, 01:26 PM
I can only play butt naked

bodenn
07-12-2018, 03:05 AM
The first toon I always make is named Bodenn. All games always. Even if I have no plan to play them I must have a Bodenn. He also must be a druid or something close to a druid if that is possible for the said game.

LulzSect©
07-12-2018, 02:17 PM
i will never, ever play a wizard again (live main)

i didn't mind having to re-roll & play 3 or 4 additional druids on Red (thanks Gade :rolleyes:) before each of them got banned until they finally unbanned my main druid kimm back in the day here

didn't mind casually playing my blue DRU over the years

so yeah DRU or SK is all i can apparently stomach

immediate priority upon rolling a new toon is full matching fashionquest NO MATTER WHAT

**every toon must have same faces too, red lips druid wood elf and one eyed pirate troll

enjchanter
07-12-2018, 02:22 PM

+1

Bboboo
07-12-2018, 02:45 PM

What if we told you we don't always have it mem'd too but when we do it goes on 8?

LulzSect©
07-12-2018, 02:49 PM
forgot about only eating elven trail mix and bottles of milk on my DRUs

i did stop buying stacks of elven wine however

LulzSect©
07-12-2018, 03:16 PM
i HAVE TO loot corpses COMPLETELY to make them disappear including no drop items

**giant forts are fukken annoying

skarlorn
07-12-2018, 03:20 PM
/hidecorpse looted bro

LulzSect©
07-12-2018, 03:25 PM
i dont want ANYONE ELSE to see a pile of rotting corpses

hope this helps

Gumbo
07-12-2018, 07:25 PM
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

enjchanter
07-12-2018, 10:24 PM
What if we told you we don't always have it mem'd too but when we do it goes on 8?

I swap it in my #1 slot so I can GCD and cast it faster

LulzSect©
07-12-2018, 10:54 PM
i am not looting no drop items at sarnaks

it doesnt bother me to pile their corpses up on platform

radda
07-12-2018, 11:10 PM
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

LulzSect©
07-13-2018, 12:39 AM
Woodelf
Troll
Dark Elf

Iksar
Human
Ogre

Baylan295
07-13-2018, 10:41 AM
I swap it in my #1 slot so I can GCD and cast it faster

I have slowly been swapping to more spellgem 1 swap slot, but man it’s a tough road.

Baylan295
07-13-2018, 11:57 AM
I identify with this statement.

What is the AI for when your character LDs in terms of which spells it casts? Does it do a specific slot?

Are there spells it won't cast ?

I Understand (but have zero evidence - this has only been told to me by people I consider credible) spell gem 1 and 8 are cast more frequently than other spells.

It’s mostly hard because my enchanter spent the first 60 levels of his life with spellgem 1 root. It’s hard to break that habit, but as I deal with more summoners and other big nasties, I use root less and less.

Raavak
07-13-2018, 12:04 PM
1 is CH on my cleric and Lure of Ice on my Wizard
8 is gate on all that have it