PDA

View Full Version : Firepot Room

Weekapaug
03-25-2011, 01:37 PM
I managed to miss this particular aspect of Kunark and am kind of curious about how it will work here.

You could be bound there by yourself or someone else until the nerf, but after neither casters nor melee can bind there at all? How long will we have before the nerf?

Loc? Aren't there some dangers with travelling there?

Mcbard
03-25-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't think others can bind you there. It's basically directly south of where the boat zones into TD. Lev up and run south over the water. There is a dragon that is going to want to eat you.

Extunarian
03-25-2011, 01:42 PM
You can find the room on the eq atlas map for TD. It's in the southwest corner. I think its called Combine Teleport room or something like that.

The staff on this project isn't being completely clear about when they will nerf it. If you're going to do it though you should probably get it done early.

There is a dragon there...but if you've killed a lot in Mistmoore you are probably not KoS to it as its on Ring of Scale faction. Neither of my characters were scowls/threatening when I checked. Just log into the beta, run over there, and see if he kills you :-)

Edit: McBard is correct...it isn't a city so you can't have someone else bind you there. Gotta self bind with the spell, or a locket of escape, or ring of the dead.

baalzy
03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
I tested this on the kunark beta server. Casters can bind themselves there, but cannot bind others.

If you're a non-caster and wish to be bound there then you'll need a ring of the dead (for Sks only really) or that rare-drop 1charge bind amulet that comes from giants in frontier (at least I think thats where they come from).

So, if you have a caster you better run to TD before it gets patched and binding is no longer allowed.

Otherwise, farm your butt off and hope for an amulet then run to TD before it gets patched.

Fromage
03-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Come to the firepot room my friend, i'll be waiting!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwh80o4PUUiTQVwTv00mX73Nq6ADBFU FMmIXdvbECuCRoUwBhh&t=1

Ezsefix
03-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Where can you teleport to from firepot room? Might run my enchanter down there if it's worth it.

Extunarian
03-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Come to the firepot room my friend, i'll be waiting!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwh80o4PUUiTQVwTv00mX73Nq6ADBFU FMmIXdvbECuCRoUwBhh&t=1

Out of curiosity...is there anything stopping any of the current raid guilds from dropping Fay tonight? Isn't it just a naggy clone?

Uaellaen
03-25-2011, 01:53 PM
every city ... but its guarded by a dragon. ..

guineapig
03-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Out of curiosity...is there anything stopping any of the current raid guilds from dropping Fay tonight? Isn't it just a naggy clone?

Killing it with a level 50-51 raid is totally doable. It's only a level 55 mob and there is much tougher stuff in Sky now.

Ezsefix
03-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Ah, so not really worth binding there? No safe spots to hide in?

Killua
03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Travel_Guide#Timorous_Deep_Teleportation_Room_Guid e

Extunarian
03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Killing it with a level 50-51 raid is totally doable. It's only a level 55 mob and there is much tougher stuff in Sky now.

Ok. I feel like everyone is taking it for granted that it will be there...but with the average lifespans of dragons on this server I figured it would be down 10 minutes after the first shuttles got to TD.

Either way I am guessing a lot of people are going to find they aren't KOS anyway.

quellren
03-25-2011, 01:58 PM
My second order of business after dinging 51 is heading here to bind. I'm *really* hoping to not get eaten by Faydedar.

Oddly enough on Live, binding there made me *more* afraid of dying as I was terrified of spawning into a death loop.

Someone refresh my memory, the firepot drop locations are inside the cities, and thus not guaranteed a safe landing?

The most I remember of this room was a nugget of wisdom left to me from way back when:

"The Kaladim and Oggok Firepots looks very similar, To tell them apart remember the pots are like Dwarves, In Kaladim they have legs, in Oggok the don't"

Weekapaug
03-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you for the info. The dragon is on Ring of Scale faction? Couldn't you check that by cunning the EJ and DL dragons before hauling out there?

baalzy
03-25-2011, 02:06 PM
When i popped in there on beta, i had to time it to get past Fayd w/o being killed but once I was in there it felt like a whole different room. I kind of doubt he'll be able to agro you from outside. My char is KoS ring of scale.

Extunarian
03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Someone refresh my memory, the firepot drop locations are inside the cities, and thus not guaranteed a safe landing?

I didn't get a chance to try them all, but Cabilis, oggok and grobb all sent me to safe-ish places. In almost every case I believe you are about 2 feet from a zone line if you get agro when you zone in.

Here's a key:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=308

I'm kind of torn about binding here. It is obviously great for old world, but for Kunark content it kind of blows compared to self-binding next to the zone you are hunting in.

fischsemmel
03-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Y'all are crazy for not having a /loc, a diagram of which pots are which (complete with fancy compass rose), and a FAQ of their use written into the back of your Prima Ruins of Kunark strategy guide.

JayDee
03-25-2011, 03:30 PM
You can find the room on the eq atlas map for TD. It's in the southwest corner. I think its called Combine Teleport room or something like that.

The staff on this project isn't being completely clear about when they will nerf it. If you're going to do it though you should probably get it done early.

Pretty sure Rogean said 1 week

Odeseus
03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Fay will be killed pretty quickly. As one of the easier Kunark dragons, I would expect the top end guilds to make a beeline for Fay. Thus giving everyone a safe passage to the firepots.

I've seen people say not to bind inside the room because it limits you to only 1 Kunark pot (Cab). But I'm expecting quite a few druids and wizards to bind here, so you might be able to find a port relatively easily. At least in the first month or two of Kunark. Will change when people play toons that didn't get the chance to bind at the firepots.

fischsemmel
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm kind of torn about binding here. It is obviously great for old world, but for Kunark content it kind of blows compared to self-binding next to the zone you are hunting in.

The more you move around and the less you die, the better binding in the pot room will serve you (unless you are a wiz/dru, then I would call it a wash compared to binding next to your leveling/farming spot or next to your favorite banker, and then porting everywhere else you want to go).

Bubbles
03-25-2011, 04:12 PM
It's best spot ever to bind as a non-porting caster.

Well, unless you plan on ever actually killing things in kunark besides Cabilis guards.

Weekapaug
03-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Since we all seem to get as nostalgic about the nerfing of nostalgia as the nostalgia itself, next question....

I remember when the patch happened that nerfed it, and I think something was said about binding there not being what was intended for the room. Did they ever say what they did put it there for? Or why they never imagined people would bind there. Why put such a place in, then nerf binding there? Never made any sense to me.

Also, as a matter of trivia, is this the first use of non bindable areas in EQ?

Striiker
03-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Also, as a matter of trivia, is this the first use of non bindable areas in EQ?

No, If I recall correctly, the majority or all of the Kunark dungeons were made non-bindable. The old world was left as is however one could no longer bind one's self in a dungeon.. Only in outdoor zones..

epicentre
03-28-2011, 10:47 AM
What about binding not IN the chamber itself, but on the spires above the sea level? No dragon at bind point, possibility to access the whole TD area with levitate.

Good idea? Possible? Will Bind Affinity stick there?

Extunarian
03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
What about binding not IN the chamber itself, but on the spires above the sea level? No dragon at bind point, possibility to access the whole TD area with levitate.

Right now you can bind anywhere in TD. You can bind on top of the spires too, but Faydedar can kill you there. My alt died on top of the spire but I have yet to catch agro inside the room.

bwe
03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
shhhhhhh

Badmartigan
03-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Right now you can bind anywhere in TD. You can bind on top of the spires too, but Faydedar can kill you there. My alt died on top of the spire but I have yet to catch agro inside the room.

That's what I did.. in case i want to access TD access points

ElanoraBryght
03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Bound on top of the spires. Wasn't KOS Friday night, but a few hours spell hunting in SM changed that :D

So far it's Fay 1, me 1 when I agro on the way down to pots naked. Haven't agro'd when I'm geared (yet).

I've got to say the adrenaline rush from racing down to my possible death once I'd already been through one attack was as every bit as much fun as dinging 50, killing Naggy, and getting my FD ring all rolled up into one.

If you are KOS I would recommend you never afk while zoning or at bind there. At lvl 50, so far Fay does not seem to agro when I am on top of a spire. But every trip to my bind point is now an adventure.

The time I died on the way down to the room, I was able to /corpse my body back up to the spire without agro'ing. Luckily a druid was able to tell me when Fay path'd away so I could make a much safer dash down to click to safety.

baalzy
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
probably won't be much longer before Fay is permanently dead anyways.

Mcbard
03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
What I made sure to do was bind right infront of a pot to a friendly city, so that if need be I can without hesitation or needing to move click that pot to get out if Fay is present.

casdegere
03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
As an Enchanter, master of illusions, where all Old World Races and Iksars as well can be fooled into being...amiable or even kindly to me, the pots are the best place to be bound. I am more than willing to do the corpse run around Kunark for having this porting ability.

Kimm Barely
03-29-2011, 07:21 PM

I successfully bound myself (last night) to the top of the spires for this reason. Will eventually want to quad raptors one day...!

:cool:

epicentre
03-30-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm bound on a spire too. Looks like Fay doesn't jump out of water to grab me. He got me once while I was swimming down to the pots. What a place to bind for an ENC!

goodle
03-30-2011, 01:44 AM
As an Enchanter, master of illusions, where all Old World Races and Iksars as well can be fooled into being...amiable or even kindly to me, the pots are the best place to be bound. I am more than willing to do the corpse run around Kunark for having this porting ability.

When does Fay roam in the pot room itself? I have never once seen him inside the pot room chamber.

casdegere
03-30-2011, 07:57 AM
I was speaking specifically about not binding someplace more convenient around Kunark and having to run it to do a CR or get to someplace.

epicentre
03-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Also the benefits of binding in/near the FPRoom depend on the level.
I'm 22 ATM, have tons of illusion and invis, and beeing bound near firepots I can very quickly access SolA (Neriak), Guk (Grobb), Mistmoore and Unrest (various cities), HHP (through shorties city), EC Tunnel. I have quick access to some spells that are only sold in Erudin, and beeing on a spire I have a decent access to a boat to OT, with levitate.

I don't know if I will still be bound there when I hit 60 or whatever, but right now it's invaluable.

My 2cp.

Extunarian
03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
and beeing on a spire I have a decent access to a boat to OT, with levitate

As an enchanter you should be able to get this pretty easily and save yourself the boat ride:
worker sledgemallet (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=741)

BrandeX
04-01-2011, 01:28 AM
I used to bind in the pot room, and I didn't start EQ until after Velious launched. Binding was removed for a brief time as far as I recall, but it most assuredly was re-instated afterwards.

edit: was curious about this and dug around. Binding in TD was re-instated with a patch circa May/June 2002 (Luclin era).

Kamasu-WV
04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
anyone have the loc?

nilbog
04-05-2011, 02:37 PM

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/images/timdeep.jpg

guineapig
04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
anyone have the loc?

You're kind of too late if you wanted to bind there but here you go:

EDIT.... nevermind

Kamasu-WV
04-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Nah, i had to drag my corpse there. I found it but there arent any clerics!!

WTB RES IN TD!!!!