PDA

View Full Version : Young man travels to Najena-

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 11:22 AM
He doesn't know what to expect.. He's level 15, and an SK. Please shine some light on this zone for me from those who enjoy their time spent here :)

Muggens
07-23-2018, 11:27 AM
Lots of casters there. Elementals. Tentacle terrors. Lots of different levels on mobs. A few pit traps, some bondage referances etc. Kool weird zone

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 11:32 AM
How would it be for a little 15 SK to hang out at zone entrance and kill stuff? I see warnings that many rooms will have multiple pulls in them..

skarlorn
07-23-2018, 12:01 PM
You will have a great time at the ent and all the way up to the ogre guard tunnels. You can't proceed beyond the first ogre guard for a while due to lots of elementals, and a nasty mix of undead and living creatures.

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 12:05 PM
Worth adventuring over? It's not that far, he's only in oasis right now.. But didn't want to head over for like 4 entrance mobs or anything.. That being said- Looking to level this toon in zones i normally don't.. Any other suggestions in zones? Let's rule out the following- Befallen/Oasis/UGuk/HighPass/Unrest. What else you got??

Moerne
07-23-2018, 12:12 PM
It's a hike, but maybe head over to Odus and try out the Warrens.

Canelek
07-23-2018, 12:16 PM
What Skarlorn said. I've done entrance on a few different characters around 15-18 or so.

Skeleton are sitting/laying down, so be careful until you know where all spawns are.

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 12:27 PM
It's a hike, but maybe head over to Odus and try out the Warrens.

My sk is a Erudite. So for the first time i was able to enjoy some leveling on Odus!! Warren's is awesome but i'm to the level where i'm having to go deep in now, and that gets riskaaay. And other than returning to kill that big Muglewump for my reclaim energy helm. I think i'm done there.. How's Stonebrunt though while we're discussing Odus?

mickmoranis
07-23-2018, 12:42 PM
Do it, learn the dark craft from the evil magicians below, join najena and help summon the most evil elementals or whatever shes summoning alive!

kill the elf princess!

steel the magical sleeves from the alchamist necromancer rathyl

get the mystical journman.. wait not that

get the mystlical +2 poison ring!

anyway that said najena is a great dungeon if you try to enjoy it!

Gilder
07-23-2018, 12:57 PM
Najena is a great dungeon to return to after you leveled up and slaughter everything, that much I know. It has a really cool feel to it, like a lot of people have mentioned.

loramin
07-23-2018, 12:57 PM
How's Stonebrunt though while we're discussing Odus?

If you don't like venturing into the Warrens you will not like Stonebrunt, because there are no bind points there. This means going there is just as risky as soloing your way through the Warrens ... only then you have to keep going through the exit to Stonebrunt, and try not to die at all while you're there (or on your way back).

IMHO Stonebrunt is only for groups (with the ability to corpse run through Warrens) or solo casters.

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Say no more Loramin.. No Stonebrunt for me haha.. Najena is the winner so far!! Any faction i need to worry about there as a erudite?

mickmoranis
07-23-2018, 01:35 PM
no but you should try to form a group, it really is a group dungeon cus its hard.

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Luckily this doesn't seem like a pain in a butt to get to so hopefully i can find some outgoing youngins adventuring!

skarlorn
07-23-2018, 01:47 PM
you'll have a great time soloing the ent of naj. to go in deeper you'll need a group.

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 02:17 PM
Thanks gents!! If anybody has any toons around this level.. I'll be moving my sk over tonight after work.. :)

Arkanjil
07-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Man, Najena is so fun to group in! A mid-high teen group in Najena would do so well and have some great exp!

bigjeff100
07-23-2018, 05:04 PM
Im gonna get tonight, wipe, have the worst time getting my corpse, and you all will here from me tomorrow.. Bondage appears to be the thing to do there.

tier
07-23-2018, 09:30 PM
IMHO Stonebrunt is only for groups (with the ability to corpse run through Warrens) or solo casters.

Stonebrunt is solo ranger paradise too, but otherwise I agree with you :)

bigjeff100
07-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Last nights adventure sucked.. Found the zone, realized i can't see dick as a erudite in there haha.. Just like a misty purple haze... Jimi Hendrix must have been throwin down some smooth jams all night in Najena.. Group was power leveling at entrance which left me excluded from the awesomeness that is Jimi's zone. I will try again tonight though!!!

Ortnit
07-24-2018, 11:17 AM
There are some nasty fake floor pit traps a little deeper inside. Be sure you know where they are. Bad things wait for you in the deep :D

loramin
07-24-2018, 02:08 PM
Last nights adventure sucked.. Found the zone, realized i can't see dick as a erudite in there haha.. Just like a misty purple haze... Jimi Hendrix must have been throwin down some smooth jams all night in Najena.. Group was power leveling at entrance which left me excluded from the awesomeness that is Jimi's zone. I will try again tonight though!!!

Just in case you haven't tried this already, turn up your Gamma setting to max (under the display tab, in the options window, which you can bring up with ALT + O). This un-classic feature "fixes" night blindness of human/human derivative races.

bigjeff100
07-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Oh jesus murphy. Thank you Loramin haha, turning that up asap....

mickmoranis
07-24-2018, 02:25 PM
sucks that you get deadeye at lvl 22 that should be a level 9 or at leas 15 spell :( Although, back in the day they expected us to spend like 2 months leves 22-30 so I guess if you look at it like that its fair.

bigjeff100
07-24-2018, 03:14 PM
Was there any reasoning behind which races got awesome vision and those that didn't?

mickmoranis
07-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Was there any reasoning behind which races got awesome vision and those that didn't?

yea humans have regular eyes like earthlings do and dark eleves have magical cave eyes so they can see everything and hobbits are under earth dwellers so they can see in the dark pretty well, same with gnomes and dwarves. The trolls also spend their time in the dark with the ogres. While barbarians spend their time in the blinding snow so they cant see well in the dark either. Elves, well everyone know elves can see in the dark!

Humans = normal
all the other races = fantasy

so it looks like the rule is, if you come from fantasy, you get to you put the sy in SEE in the dark.

bigjeff100
07-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Ahhh so erudites fall under the human category.. Haha guess that's my bad for assuming erudites were more of a badass species than humans.. As a kid that's all it took to fool me.. Skin color and a 5 head.

mickmoranis
07-24-2018, 03:43 PM
The Erudites trace their ancestry back to the great mage, Erud, who led them to Odus. They are descendants of the original humans on Norrath and inherited the best of human intelligence. Their extraordinary acumen came at the price of thinner, more delicate bodies. Erudites reach about six feet tall, with some of that height attributed to their high foreheads.

;)

bigjeff100
07-24-2018, 04:32 PM
You rock Moranis- Also come back to hollywood, the time is now....