PDA

View Full Version : Banking/Vendoring as Iksar

pijan
07-28-2018, 02:44 PM
What's the best way to bank in the old world as an iksar warrior? Are there any factions that are easy to pump up near commonlands or Gfay?

Baler
07-28-2018, 02:51 PM
NFP https://wiki.project1999.com/Balers_Useful_Info#Faction.28s.29

Maybe try a https://wiki.project1999.com/Ball_of_Golem_Clay to get started. no promises they won't still hate you but for some npcs changing your race can up or down your standing with them.
Never done it on an iksar.

---
Alternatively buy some https://wiki.project1999.com/Cloudy_Potion
And bank around the corner at NFP bank.

https://i.imgur.com/PLK4lI1.png

Kesselring
07-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Work up qeynos faction then do the brandy quest. Brandy quest will give good faction with freeport bankers. Get a couple faction hits on lucan and you will be 100% non kos to north freeport (except bard guild). Still kos to west and east freeport though.

pijan
07-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Work up qeynos faction then do the brandy quest. Brandy quest will give good faction with freeport bankers. Get a couple faction hits on lucan and you will be 100% non kos to north freeport (except bard guild). Still kos to west and east freeport though.

can you use wolf form to do hand ins? if not what's good way to faction in qeynos

Sadiki
07-28-2018, 03:46 PM
Get a couple faction hits on lucan and you will be 100% non kos to north freeport (except bard guild).
Just farm guards, I think you can turn in their helms. Lucan's faction hit was nerfed and he's permasocked by autists who sometimes threaten to petition if you tag it for faction, it's not really worth the 7+ kills you need to get non-KoS now.

Alternatively, invis rings work just fine to get into and out of the bank and you can recharge them in some spots in Freeport while KoS to all guards.

Jauna
07-28-2018, 04:01 PM
I turned in like 50 or so belts on my iksar monk to get dubi or apprehen with west guards
then camped that orc camp in WC for like a day to get dubi with pal/clerics/monks
then hunted in mm from 24-29 to get dubi with bards
then made tumpy tonics on my druid and turned those in for vendor/bank faction. you might need to wolf form to turn in tho

katrik
07-28-2018, 06:29 PM
If you’re a 58 lizard lady shaman like I am, you can turn into a cute bear and everyone luvs u

pijan
07-28-2018, 06:49 PM
Ended up handing in red wine about 700 times to get a bunch of Neriak faction so I can bank and sell there now!

Bummey
07-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Lucan's faction hit was nerfed

it's not really worth the 7+ kills you need to get non-KoS now.

no it wasn't

two hits will get you non kos as an iksar

Sonderbeast
07-29-2018, 02:21 PM
All great ideas above, but here is one for the lazy lizard warriors. You can bank in Thurgadin without any faction. Just do the run from IC and get the tooth and you can just get ports to GD when you need to bank.

As an iksar its easiest to just level in Kunark or Velious, thus a bank is only two or three zones away.

Maelstrom
07-29-2018, 03:10 PM
Step 1: Get an OT Hammer
Step 2: Hammer to OT
Step 3: Avoid guards
Step 4: Click on the wall behind the bank outside, go bank crazy
Step 5: Hit up Hammer Hill or SF ramp for a port to next destination

Aalderon Crystafire
07-29-2018, 03:31 PM
I can get any evil character from max scowls to warmly with NFP Guards/Merchants in about 15 minutes -- regardless of class!

pijan
07-29-2018, 03:45 PM
I can get any evil character from max scowls to warmly with NFP Guards/Merchants in about 15 minutes -- regardless of class!

how's that work?

Frudrura
07-29-2018, 09:55 PM
Just right click the banker out of line of sight.

Basically this.

You can do this with North Freeport bank, just stand in the little hallway where there aren't the guards, turn the camera a bit, get camera to see banker, then right click it.

Something similar in OT outpost, you can click the bankers through the wall that their backs are against.

Tethler
07-29-2018, 11:27 PM
Basically this.

You can do this with North Freeport bank, just stand in the little hallway where there aren't the guards, turn the camera a bit, get camera to see banker, then right click it.

Something similar in OT outpost, you can click the bankers through the wall that their backs are against.

Loooool, good to know. I always run my monk right into the banker room and FD in front of them to bank. Almost died a few times on failed FD. Thanks, forumgoer!

Swish2
07-30-2018, 12:50 AM
I still see countless evils just walk into the main room in the NFP bank. Not sure what they're expecting, other than a teleport to their bind point :(

Kalamurv
07-30-2018, 03:25 AM
what about banking in runnyeye? I know evils can bank there, not sure about lizards though

tsuchang
08-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I came on to find out about the goblin banker in runnyeye. as an iki necro, lvl 34 with a shadow hat thing. Can I go in in skelly form and bank with this guy? Do I need to click the hat and go inviz to get to his area before skelly form? I don't wana die down there to find out.

Bummey
08-07-2018, 02:28 PM
what about banking in runnyeye? I know evils can bank there, not sure about lizards though

Anyone can bank at any banker, regardless of faction. You can even bank while feigned or actively attacking them.

Running to South Karana to bank is... not ideal.

tsuchang
08-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Anyone can bank at any banker, regardless of faction. You can even bank while feigned or actively attacking them.

I once tried to bank with my Erudin necro and the banker killed me. I could have approached him inviz but would be attacked as i cast fd.

Bummey
08-07-2018, 06:37 PM
I once tried to bank with my Erudin necro and the banker killed me. I could have approached him inviz but would be attacked as i cast fd.

Yeah they'll do that. Bankers will go on the offensive, unlike merchants. They're more than happy to take your money while pummeling your

Jauna
08-07-2018, 07:34 PM
how's that work?

There is a quest in erudin you can do over and over very quickly if you have a druid to aid you.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Inert_Potion_Quest

Wolf form/earth ele illusion if needed, NPC wont talk to you unless indiff or higher or somesuch
Get a druid to hit Slansin (fake, red robe Slansin)
nothing will assist the fake Slansin
Get druid to drag it upstairs near Toresian (caster GM)
Ensnare (10+ min duration)
Low/no damage root, druid logs/zones to clear agro

Make this macro
/tar tore
/pause 1
I will assist Toresian

And just keep turning in like a madman

delusion
08-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Yes, you can bank in Runneyeye as an iksar, even though he cons like you can't.