PDA

View Full Version : Sirken's Custom Content Rumors (Custom Epic 2.0's!?!)

Maelstrom
07-31-2018, 12:04 PM
If you caught Sirken's SuperCast #85 last night, you might have heard him talk about some custom content ideas. Sounds like these are all rumors at this time, but very interesting and worth discussion here.

Here's the moment the custom content is discussed on the pod: https://youtu.be/6kDyx9LL2YI?t=1h28m44s

Some of the rumors include:

- Guild Management Tools

- Resetting the Sleeper

- Custom Epic 2.0's (different stats than live)

- Epic armor quests

- New books of lore to start the new custom quests? (Sirken's idea)

Some great and exciting ideas were shared. As a quest lover I hope the epic armor quests become a thing, and 2.0's would be insane.

What's your favorite custom content rumor?

RedXIII
07-31-2018, 12:12 PM
Not classic. Hope none of this happens.

Phenyo
07-31-2018, 12:14 PM
If you caught Sirken's SuperCast #85 last night, you might have heard him talk about some custom content ideas. Sounds like these are all rumors at this time, but very interesting and worth discussion here.

Here's the moment the custom content is discussed on the pod: https://youtu.be/6kDyx9LL2YI?t=1h28m44s

- Guild Management Tools

- Resetting the Sleeper

- Epic armor quests

Some great and exciting ideas were shared. As a quest lover I hope the epic armor quests become a thing, and 2.0's would be insane.

wont happen

delusion
07-31-2018, 12:22 PM
While it sounds cool some of it sounds like it could be game breaking and create even more problems than they already deal with. Why not just make a custom content server for that ( which I think has been rumored before?)

skarlorn
07-31-2018, 12:25 PM
green

Ella`Ella
07-31-2018, 12:28 PM
People think they want custom content, but the truth is that they really don't.

bigjeff100
07-31-2018, 12:28 PM
Awww just leave blue alone!!!

jolanar
07-31-2018, 12:55 PM
Why not just turn on the guild management tool in game? For that matter, if we want new content, why not just open Luclin?

Custom content seems like a terrible idea, and great way to ruin the server.

Wonkie
07-31-2018, 01:16 PM
this would be other server? blue is museum

zodium
07-31-2018, 01:23 PM

- Guild Management Tools

- Resetting the Sleeper

- Epic armor quests

My favorite custom content rumor is Nilbog'll never allow any indulgences like that, however slight, and P99 will remain a museum to Classic EQ, and nothing but that. :o

Maybe there can be a Yellow server for people who want that kind of stuff!

MagpieRockyl
07-31-2018, 01:32 PM
My favorite custom content rumor is Nilbog'll never allow any indulgences like that, however slight, and P99 will remain a museum to Classic EQ, and nothing but that. :o

Chartreuse server

Nexii
07-31-2018, 01:41 PM
Don't understand the hate for custom content. As long as it's 100% classic flavored I think it'd be great. Doing the exact same content for years gets kinda boring

Respecter
07-31-2018, 01:44 PM
What about implementing some kind of Prestige mode where when you hit 60 you can choose to go back down to level 1, only your stat cap increases every time you do or something.

Call of Duty: Everquest

elwing
07-31-2018, 01:46 PM
A reitemised/rebalanced veksar seems plenty great to me...

delusion
07-31-2018, 01:59 PM
What about implementing some kind of Prestige mode where when you hit 60 you can choose to go back down to level 1, only your stat cap increases every time you do or something.

Call of Duty: Everquest

And a one character boost to 60 on your free pre-order of green server.

Twochain
07-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Resetting sleeper + SOME FORM of AA's would be really cool.

Loke
07-31-2018, 02:23 PM
Luclin with custom content would be cool. Add quests that play off the Katta / Seru / Shadow Haven trio kind of like how we have Dwarves / Dragons / Giants now. Luclin had some legit raiding, but the story / quests left a lot to be desired. Velious was pretty much perfect as is, so why not try to improve a weak expansion with custom content as opposed to potentially ruining a strong one?

zodium
07-31-2018, 02:52 PM
Don't understand the hate for custom content. As long as it's 100% classic flavored I think it'd be great. Doing the exact same content for years gets kinda boring

Don't understand why the server should re-scope to entertain the few players who've played so long they're bored with literally everything it has to offer, but also refuse to move on. :confused:

"Yeah this museum really nails Roman history, but have you considered adding some Middle Age history to keep me, personally, entertained? Roman history gets boring after coming here for 20 years. No, I'm super attached to this particular museum, I won't go to a Middle Ages museum."

Vilkata
07-31-2018, 03:32 PM
A reitemised/rebalanced veksar seems plenty great to me...

this

Bboboo
07-31-2018, 03:43 PM
8 more years of classic

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE

dslaybac
07-31-2018, 03:46 PM
how about years overdue patches that havent been implemented instead of shit that shouldn't be here in the first place? sorry to be grinch.

oh and green plz k thx bye.

loramin
07-31-2018, 03:47 PM
this would be other server? blue is museum

It's the other way around. Blue isn't a museum, it's a leftover result of eight years of beta testing and development. Even today it's not classic in many important ways, and it was far less classic for the vast majority of its life.

The whole idea of custom content as I understand it is "look, this server is already literally not classic, so why not make it even less literally classic ... but actually more classic (in the sense that live never went for years without any new content) by adding classic-themed custom content."

Green will be "the museum piece", accurately simulating classic EverQuest without "seven years of Kunark" and without custom content.

Ethnic
07-31-2018, 04:01 PM
We haven't even seen Chardok update yet. Granted a sleeper reset would be cool in theory, someone would just wake him up again for the lulz.

Vilkata
07-31-2018, 04:19 PM
wizard and druid port directly to plane of tranquility. everyone happy)

heartbrand
07-31-2018, 04:24 PM
There will never be custom content

Lore and Magic
07-31-2018, 05:16 PM
None of that is classic so I for one don't want to see any of those changes except for possibly guild management tools. If they were going to do anything it should be AA's.

m00r5tuD
07-31-2018, 05:20 PM
reset warders pls

Bummey
07-31-2018, 05:23 PM
- Guild Management Tools

want

other listed items sound bad. sleeper would be good but then it would die same day so whatever

Green will be "the museum piece", accurately simulating classic EverQuest without "seven years of Kunark" and without custom content.

Green's just going to be exactly like Blue after like 2 years when velious hits. I would like to play through classic ass era again, where you looked forward to equipping fine steel weapons, but we can't pretend it'll be any different than blue.

NegaStoat
07-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Stuff I'd like to see.

AA's in some form.
Stacking DoT's of the same type from different casters.
Spell focus item qualities on items tagged with them.
Select spells from Luclin and other expansions added. Shaman would bust a gut for the baby Torpor from Legacy of Ykesha.
Add my vote for a custom Veksar zone.

zodium
07-31-2018, 05:41 PM
It's the other way around. Blue isn't a museum, it's a leftover result of eight years of beta testing and development. Even today it's not classic in many important ways, and it was far less classic for the vast majority of its life.

The whole idea of custom content as I understand it is "look, this server is already literally not classic, so why not make it even less literally classic ... but actually more classic (in the sense that live never went for years without any new content) by adding classic-themed custom content."

The whole idea of custom content is "I have played this server to death and no longer enjoy what it has to offer, please re-scope it to add interesting new things so I won't have to move on." Look at the join dates. People clamoring for custom content are almost universally super old burnouts: OP is from 2010. The earliest join date in this thread for a person wanting custom content is 2015. It's no Gat dang wonder you guys find things boring by now!

Saying the server running for longer than Classic makes everything un-Classic is some mental gymnastics akin to saying hey man, we may as well add Luclin because EverQuest didn't have unlimited free accounts. Or, to continue the Roman museum metaphor,

"look, this server is already literally not classic, so why not make it even less literally classic ... but actually more classic (in the sense that live never went for years without any new content) by adding classic-themed custom content."

"Look, since the Romans are no longer with us today, we may as well add some Middle Ages stuff to the Roman museum. If you think about it, functioning steam engines (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile) would actually make the museum more Roman, in the sense that the Romans didn't go the 50 years I've come here without inventing new things, so we may as well add Roman-themed custom content."

Blue is a museum as much as Green will be. There's no need for crazy mental gymnastics, it's just the permanent exhibition to Green's temporary exhibitions. And look, some old players clearly still enjoy the game, and that owns! But if you're at the point of clamoring for steam engines and trains in your Roman museum, my man, you just need to move on, or go outside, or get therapy or something, I don't know. What you should not do is contort yourself into weird positions like the above quote to justify changing the scope for your continued personal interest's sake. :o

Wonkie
07-31-2018, 05:49 PM

thank you for the information and for not melting down about it

Canelek
07-31-2018, 06:40 PM
It is a very good thing there is not a voting scenario here. We'd end up with Live EQ.

Sirken
07-31-2018, 07:06 PM

imo blue won't be the museum due to how long we spent in Kunark and Velious, as green would be timeline accurate, I think that has a better chance. but again just my opinion.

and to clarify the OP, all those things I rattled off were just things that i had suggested or heard suggested by someone else. That doesn't mean nilbog or any other dev is in agreement with them or on board with them, just things that I thought sounded A+

<3

skarlorn
07-31-2018, 07:08 PM
blue wont be a musuem because of how many times you turned me from halfling into gnome

trauma radiates out from its source

aaezil
07-31-2018, 07:12 PM
Lol at all the basement dwellers who dont even play this server naysaying custom content. We see you

Freakish
07-31-2018, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't care if they reset sleeper but I just gotta say those were some boring raids. It's way overhyped on these forums as being some amazing content that was taken out of the game when in reality it was just some easy loot with easy primals and monk robes.

Rygar
07-31-2018, 10:18 PM
I think GM event style custom content would be cool, it could temporarily open up some zones such as veksar or Plane of the Underfoot (devs would reimagine those zones, not recreate from live). I'm thinking along the lines of karana plague with a bit of mystery and stuff. Event maybe lasts a week or two and maybe someone solves a quest, perhaps gets a title, concludes the event, zone closes, and we have norrath as we know it for the rest of the year.

Nothing permanent, and no kind of game changing loot, but enough for us to have that nostalgic thrill of the unknown.

Dartagnan
07-31-2018, 11:38 PM
Just reset blue and start it all over again. I recently came back from playing back in 2009. The experience now vs. 9 years ago isn't the same.

indiscriminate_hater
07-31-2018, 11:50 PM
compass coming in hot 2026

Tethler
08-01-2018, 12:17 AM
"custom" shared bank please. Even a single slot would be great.

Kesselring
08-01-2018, 12:42 AM
Unfortunately even if you reset the sleeper its going to do no good unless its reset every week. All 4 warders will be dead within the first hour its reset.

kotton05
08-01-2018, 01:00 AM
*coming soon*

zodium
08-01-2018, 02:57 AM
imo blue won't be the museum due to how long we spent in Kunark and Velious, as green would be timeline accurate, I think that has a better chance. but again just my opinion.

and to clarify the OP, all those things I rattled off were just things that i had suggested or heard suggested by someone else. That doesn't mean nilbog or any other dev is in agreement with them or on board with them, just things that I thought sounded A+

<3

I mean I don't really matter, but I've always found this argument kind of lazy and unpersuasive. A museum isn't a time machine! No museum to Roman history ever said "Well some things are forever beyond historical evidence, so now we can't ever get it 100% right. Let's just add some 'Roman-themed' things that didn't actually exist in Roman times to attract and retain visitors!"

That'd be on-its-face bananas. You refine, cool! You reinterpret, okay! You sort the historical evidence out as best as you can, but for sure you don't throw up your hands and go "screw it, let's just add some steam engines to attract the youngins"; at the very least, you have then stopped running any kind of history museum and started running a history-themed amusement part. That's a very significant project re-scope.

Stay strong nilbog, I'm a belieber. https://i.imgur.com/Ujn8JSW.png

Getsmurfed
08-01-2018, 04:29 AM
All you young whipper snappers and your damned nonclassic hopes and dreams. Green will never happen, let the dream die. Please.

Foxplay
08-01-2018, 05:11 AM
Custom Content - Endgame Idea

Bristlebane (Raid boss) / Zone: Plane of Mischief *Throne room* / Respawn: 7days +/- 8hours - Repops on Earthquakes and on April 1 every year

Level: 66 / Health: 777,777 / Max hit: 777 , Attacks per round: 4 / Special: Back Stab's / Summon, Immune to slow, snare, mez, stun, fear, immune to flee, see invis, see hide

Perma-Rooted In front of the PoM "Throne room" Throne

Faction hits: None - Indifferent to all

Uses "Bristlebane's Touch" every 30 seconds on primary target, Teleporting the target to a random zone and location *In lieu of Death touch because this is even more "annoying" or trickster like* (A hole host of super annoying and dumb locations can be thought of to make this ability so insanely annoying people wish they had just been death touched)

Loot: 1x Puppet strings (Always 100%) *Yea i know its Fear plane loot but Bristlebane loves his puppets it makes sense*

3x ALL/ALL , Lore, No drop, racial illusion items clickable item at random

Iksar Egg - Iksar Illusion
Ugly stick - Troll Illusion
Kilt of the Northmen - Barbarian Illusion
Tinker Toy - Gnome Illusion
Can of Forehead Wax - Erudite Illusion
Furry footed slippers - Halfling Illusion
Guise of the Deceiver - Dark Elf Illusion
Elegant Hand Mirror - Illusion High elf
Fat suit - Illusion Ogre
Eye-patch and Mustache disguise - Illusion Human
Guise of the Half-blood - Illusion Half elf
Tree Leaf Mask - Illusion Wood elf
Dwarvish beard - Illusion Dwarf

As the bosses loot is mostly cosmetic (exception being puppet strings) / and some of them even being old GM event items I feel it wouldn't really hurt any balance by introducing any damaging loot to the timeline. Spawning in Plane of Mischief the boss would be difficult to mobilize for without parking characters for, which diverts resources away from parking for ToV, KD, VP and other targets if windows overlap.

The reason I thought of this is 3 reasons. 1) Plane of Mischief in Velious era is sort of a hot-mess of a zone it was never really felt "finished", the zone functions but never felt really "complete" or polished, adding a raid boss to PoM would help give it a little purpose on p99 outside of just farming A4 and Puppet Theater all day... 2) Players like cosmetic GM event items, and endgame raiding is pretty crowded we all know that so 1 more target on the list spreads it out just that little bit more. 3) Theme wise these items really work well on Bristlebane's loot table

Tethler
08-01-2018, 05:26 AM

Uses "Bristlebane's Touch" every 30 seconds on primary target, Teleporting the target to a random zone and location *In lieu of Death touch because this is even more "annoying" or trickster like* (A hole host of super annoying and dumb locations can be thought of to make this ability so insanely annoying people wish they had just been death touched)

"Brislebane raid, everyone turn on your DaP tag! Charging extra for inconvenient pickups!"

enjchanter
08-01-2018, 05:48 AM

Bristlebane (Raid boss) / Zone: Plane of Mischief *Throne room* / Respawn: 7days +/- 8hours - Repops on Earthquakes and on April 1 every year

Level: 66 / Health: 777,777 / Max hit: 777 , Attacks per round: 4 / Special: Back Stab's / Summon, Immune to slow, snare, mez, stun, fear, immune to flee, see invis, see hide

Perma-Rooted In front of the PoM "Throne room" Throne

Faction hits: None - Indifferent to all

Loot: 1x Puppet strings (Always 100%) *Yea i know its Fear plane loot but Bristlebane loves his puppets it makes sense*

3x ALL/ALL , Lore, No drop, racial illusion items clickable item at random

Iksar Egg - Iksar Illusion
Ugly stick - Troll Illusion
Kilt of the Northmen - Barbarian Illusion
Tinker Toy - Gnome Illusion
Can of Forehead Wax - Erudite Illusion
Furry footed slippers - Halfling Illusion
Guise of the Deceiver - Dark Elf Illusion
Elegant Hand Mirror - Illusion High elf
Fat suit - Illusion Ogre
Eye-patch and Mustache disguise - Illusion Human
Guise of the Half-blood - Illusion Half elf
Tree Leaf Mask - Illusion Wood elf
Dwarvish beard - Illusion Dwarf

As the bosses loot is mostly cosmetic (exception being puppet strings) / and some of them even being old GM event items I feel it wouldn't really hurt any balance by introducing any damaging loot to the timeline. Spawning in Plane of Mischief the boss would be difficult to mobilize for without parking characters for, which diverts resources away from parking for ToV, KD, VP and other targets if windows overlap.

The reason I thought of this is 3 reasons. 1) Plane of Mischief in Velious era is sort of a hot-mess of a zone it was never really felt "finished", the zone functions but never felt really "complete" or polished, adding a raid boss to PoM would help give it a little purpose on p99 outside of just farming A4 and Puppet Theater all day... 2) Players like cosmetic GM event items, and endgame raiding is pretty crowded we all know that so 1 more target on the list spreads it out just that little bit more. 3) Theme wise these items really work well on Bristlebane's loot table

the utter joy i would get from being able to be an Erudite Warrior is incredible

Foxplay
08-01-2018, 05:55 AM
the utter joy i would get from being able to be an Erudite Warrior is incredible

But would you have enough DKP for it? I wonder how much dkp ppl would spend on Bristlebane loot lol

Rygar
08-01-2018, 06:19 AM
But would you have enough DKP for it? I wonder how much dkp ppl would spend on Bristlebane loot lol

While i like the thought and details in this, i think it makes a "no raid zone" into a raid zone. Still pretty cool.

Rooted or tethered dragons / guards to prevent zone pulls would be awesome and force a more classic crawl style. Would love to see spawm times adjusted for trash in VP and flurry drake type lot on their trash mobs as well.

zodium
08-01-2018, 06:28 AM

This is actually a great illustration of why "classic-themed custom content" is impossible, because Classic is so rich that, however good your intentions, no one can make "classic-themed custom content" work without straight fucking it up.

Sure, if you think about it for two seconds, Bristlebane loves him some Puppet Strings. It makes sense he should drop 'em. Right? But think a little longer, like, about the fact that the beginning of the PoM Puppet Show is ol' Bristlebane shouting for where the Cazic Thule puppet done gone. Well? Turns out it's in the Temple of Cazic Thule, and it's called the Avatar of Fear. And the Puppet Strings what used to bind it? Ol' Cazic kept those for himself, until he handed them out to his golems during the Fear revamp. :o

Sure, now that I've pointed that out, maybe you can change something in a way where I can't personally think of a problem. Maybe I'd even subjectively like it. But that doesn't mean it's not there, because no one really knows it all. And that's the thing, innit? History is a very fragile thing. Its richness and value is all about the little detail touches like that. No one really can or needs to "improve" on it, and literal professional game developers tried, resulting in infiniteen expansions worth of content. If fresh content was what we wanted, we'd be playing Live, not P99.

Leiker
08-01-2018, 06:43 AM
Im generally quite sceptic towards custom content, but I think some slightly modified content from later expansions that maintains the spirit of classic could be implemented.

Like Jaggedpine Forest for example.

LulzSect©
08-01-2018, 07:17 AM

Lammy
08-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Ive never been in sleepers tomb. Is there obvious lore that states killing the warders wakes The Sleeper, and they'll never spawn again. How did the original settlers know?

Foxplay
08-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Ive never been in sleepers tomb. Is there obvious lore that states killing the warders wakes The Sleeper, and they'll never spawn again. How did the original settlers know?

I don't have the text but Im fairly certain they all give pretty stern warnings about it as their aggro messages / death messages

Sonorod
08-01-2018, 09:12 AM
keyrings, summoned pets that zone and always symmon at max level.

d3r14k
08-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Resetting sleeper + SOME FORM of AA's would be really cool.

loramin
08-01-2018, 11:19 AM
I mean I don't really matter, but I've always found this argument kind of lazy and unpersuasive. A museum isn't a time machine! No museum to Roman history ever said "Well some things are forever beyond historical evidence, so now we can't ever get it 100% right. Let's just add some 'Roman-themed' things that didn't actually exist in Roman times to attract and retain visitors!"

That'd be on-its-face bananas. You refine, cool! You reinterpret, okay! You sort the historical evidence out as best as you can, but for sure you don't throw up your hands and go "screw it, let's just add some steam engines to attract the youngins"; at the very least, you have then stopped running any kind of history museum and started running a history-themed amusement part. That's a very significant project re-scope.

Stay strong nilbog, I'm a belieber. https://i.imgur.com/Ujn8JSW.png

Man, I hate to break it to you, but actual museums aren't designed for MMOGs, or computer games at all for that matter. Trying to make arguments about real world museums, Romans, and steam engines is just silly: if anything your argument is analogous for why we shouldn't add DaoC zones to P99.

Look, classic EverQuest was a game that ran for about two years. That means that any sort of "museum" for it would have to let people play that game, as closely as possible to how it was played in 1999, for about two years (followed by a reset and possibly a migration to Blue, followed by another two years, followed by ...).

Now no one will ever be able to experience the classic environment, in terms of player knowledge. That ship has sailed, and there's no way to put OT Mallets and item recharging "back in the bottle". But Green will be 100% classic rules, classic timeline, classic mob placement, etc. That's as close to a "museum piece" of two years of a MMOG's life as you are can possibly get.

Meanwhile, Blue has nothing to do with any of that. Blue is a Frankenstein's monster created as a byproduct of making Green, and it only seems classic to us now because we don't have the real thing to compare it to. Once we do (ie. post-Green) Blue will seen for what it is: just another non-classic EverQuest server.

The fact that you started playing on a beta server, and now your character happens to live on Blue and you don't want to change servers, won't change the basic fact that Blue isn't and never will be classic. And adding/not adding custom content won't change that either.

LulzSect©
08-01-2018, 11:28 AM
yeah lets add custom bullshit to a classic EverQuest project

sounds legit

AbstractVision
08-01-2018, 11:33 AM
WTB P99 Green WTT everything I own.

Nirgon
08-01-2018, 11:38 AM

Foxplay
08-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Blue isnt classic....

And Green wont be either unless the server is severely downgraded and everyone is throttled at dial up speeds ;)

Erati
08-01-2018, 12:18 PM
stopped by for the Loramin Green server lovefest and wasnt disapointed

10/10 would read again

zodium
08-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Man, I hate to break it to you, but actual museums aren't designed for MMOGs, or computer games at all for that matter. Trying to make arguments about real world museums, Romans, and steam engines is just silly: if anything your argument is analogous for why we shouldn't add DaoC zones to P99.

Look, classic EverQuest was a game that ran for about two years. That means that any sort of "museum" for it would have to let people play that game, as closely as possible to how it was played in 1999, for about two years (followed by a reset and possibly a migration to Blue, followed by another two years, followed by ...).

Now no one will ever be able to experience the classic environment, in terms of player knowledge. That ship has sailed, and there's no way to put OT Mallets and item recharging "back in the bottle". But Green will be 100% classic rules, classic timeline, classic mob placement, etc. That's as close to a "museum piece" of two years of a MMOG's life as you are can possibly get.

Meanwhile, Blue has nothing to do with any of that. Blue is a Frankenstein's monster created as a byproduct of making Green, and it only seems classic to us now because we don't have the real thing to compare it to. Once we do (ie. post-Green) Blue will seen for what it is: just another non-classic EverQuest server.

The fact that you started playing on a beta server, and now your character happens to live on Blue and you don't want to change servers, won't change the basic fact that Blue isn't and never will be classic. And adding/not adding custom content won't change that either.

Look I didn't come up with the museum metaphor man, don't shoot the messenger. Wanting Green to be the museum so Blue can be customized to your personal preferences is a scope that only exists in your own mind. :o

Sonderbeast
08-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Green is good

Rygar
08-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Custom content idea: Non-soulbound ST keys

Oh wait... that is supposed to be classic.

Prostatus
08-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Uth used to do custom events with custom items as prizes. Then the Devs took them all away because they were not classic.(i.e. Staff of Endless Adventure) Now we wanna try all over again with a new Fan Fav Sirken.

BeenThereDoneThat.gif

rebeccablack
08-01-2018, 03:04 PM
custom content idea - take a mostly empty zone without much appeal and rework it to add new quests, named and drops to make better use of existing zones

chardok is a good candidate maybe? idk

Bummey
08-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Change the ZEM bonuses so people get out of the fucking toilet zones that are Mistmoore, City of Mist, and Karnor's Castle.

Evia
08-01-2018, 07:48 PM
I like all these custom content ideas and stand behind them!

Phenyo
08-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Change the ZEM bonuses so people get out of the fucking toilet zones that are Mistmoore, City of Mist, and Karnor's Castle.

Nexii
08-01-2018, 08:28 PM
What zones need a bigger ZEM?
My top 5 would be:
- Chardok
- Runnyeye
- Splitpaw
- Cazic Thule
- All of Velious

bwe
08-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Xorbb

mickmoranis
08-01-2018, 09:36 PM
god dammit discord is just a prank

Elerial
08-02-2018, 12:04 AM

That.

And moving Burned Woods to a new zone each week to add some dynamic.

zodium
08-02-2018, 12:38 AM

hmm I changed my mind, do this IMO.

indiscriminate_hater
08-02-2018, 01:00 AM
custom content = wiped disk

fortior
08-02-2018, 05:18 AM

Bazia
08-03-2018, 08:14 PM
i heard the custom stuff is coming right after the discord server launch in MAR '15

Hakubi
08-04-2018, 04:32 PM
I'd kill for shared bank, rotating ZEMs, more plat sinks, and a (well beta tested and community approved) Veksar.

putrid_plum
08-04-2018, 05:47 PM
There will never be custom content here. They wont progress to the next expansion so why would they add custom content? It wont happen.

Bummey
08-04-2018, 06:32 PM
delete mistmoore, city of mist, and karnor's castle

mickmoranis
08-04-2018, 10:52 PM
lol @ dad

Asteria
09-07-2018, 03:23 AM
That.

And moving Burned Woods to a new zone each week to add some dynamic.

Hey, you reminded me of that troll player many years back that was looking for Burned Woods. Anyone have a link to that little adventure? Thanks in advance if so. 😀

Canelek
09-07-2018, 03:47 AM
Hey, you reminded me of that troll player many years back that was looking for Burned Woods. Anyone have a link to that little adventure? Thanks in advance if so. 😀

That's what he was referencing, or more accurately, this:

So there I was.....minding my own business in The Overthere, when all of a sudden I see the message: "d00d sow plz".

Of course, my natural instinct was not to answer, since I thought the clueless newb (hereafter referred to politely as "the petitioner") must have been poorly informed at best.

Boy was I ever wrong.

I switch out of 1st person into an external camera, and what did my wandering eyes behold? Only myself and the petitioner.

So I says to myself...."Self? You need to edumacate this fella!"

(Keep in mind what the overall setting looked like: There I was, in skeleton form, carrying a scythe, FLOATING IN MIDAIR IN A MEDITATING POSITION, with a LARGE dark-brown skeleton named "Gibober" standing behind me. Ummm....No, skippy, I'm not a druid or a shaman.)

I say "Wish I could, bro, but I don't have SoW. I'm a Necromancer."

The Petitioner says, "$#*&@#$ thingy, sow me already! it's for a cr"

Feeling as if my feathers had been ruffled a bit, I do a "/who all dumbas..." (um..pardon..I meant "/who all petitioner")

This is where I discovered the "/who all" bug. Certainly it must have been a bug, right? There's NO WAY IN CREATION the dumbas...err...petitioner could have been a level 31 Dark Elf Wizard, right? RIGHT?? /em begins to cry like a little girl.

Well, needless to say, I couldn't have been any more shocked than if my pet began dancing an Irish Jig. I quickly begin the arduous task of maintaining my composure, while deciding how best to deal with this tricky situation.

I say, "Necromancer's can't cast SoW".

Petitioner says, "Bull@#$%! you cast a spell while you were running and you sped up! i couldn't catch you until you sat down! if you're not going to sow me just say so you dont have to be a thingy about it a...hole"

Yes I know....he didn't use any punctuation in that last sentence.

I say, "I have JBoots."

He says, "what are they"

Before I have a chance to pick my chin up off the floor....

Petitioner asks, "can you buff my hps my hp sux"

I say, "I can't buff you, dude. I'm a necromancer. I only have one buff that you would probably want."

He says, "yeah the one you won't give me thingy"

Ok. Time to have fun with the hopelessly clueless.

I say, "Why do you need a sow?"

He says, "i need to get to burned woods to hunt. sumbody said its perfect for my level"

Yep. That's what he said......"burned woods".

I say, "man are you ever in the wrong place."

He says, "?"

Apparently he found the "question mark" key conveniently located nearby other various and sundry communication facilitators.

I didn't answer him.

He repeats, "??"

Found it twice...good for him.

He repeats, ""

Having an IQ greater than plantlife, I sensed a pattern forming.

I say, "You are NO WHERE near Burned Woods."

He says, "my friend told me it was in kunark"

I say, "Yeah, the operative word there is 'WAS'. There was a major patch a couple of months ago after a bunch of complaints were filed about 'static content'."

He says, "?"

I say, "!"

He says, "?"

I say, ","

He says, "wth"

I say, "no, already have some."

He says, "?"

I don't respond.

He says, "so where the @#$% is burned woods"

He lost the question mark button again. Probably popped off when he was sniffing his feet.

I say, "Well, THIS week it's south of Freeport. It changes with every patch, since they began randomizing zone locations."

My guild is hysterical at this point. And I haven't even told them the ENTIRE story yet. Just snippets.

He says, "@#$% i just got off the boat"

I say, "You don't need the boat."

He says "why"

I say, "You're a wizard!"

He says, "how you know that"

I say, "I did a /wh...nevermind....the important thing is you have teleportation spells."

He says, "oh yeah the green ones"

I nod.

I say, "Yep. The 'green ones'. Pretty nice how you have them grouped by color."

He says, "thx"

I say, "How'd you think about doing it that way?"

He says, "they were all @#$%## up when i got this char"

I say, "Sit down and mem the spell 'Fay Gate'."

He says, "why"

Question mark key is on the ground in front of your chair, guy. Mixed in with your collection of boogers.

I say, "It's going to put you within spitting distance of Burned Woods."

He says, "how do you know"

I say, "All patch messages come with a zone connection map."

He says, "oh"

I say, "Ok. You have it memmed now?"

He had just stood up after what I assumed was meditating/looking at his spell book.

He says, "yeah"

I say, "Ok. Cast the spell and let me know when you get there."

Dumba...errr....Petitioner begins to cast a spell.

A LONG time goes by.....ok, maybe 5 minutes
I still haven't heard from him.

Getting curious:

I tell petitioner, "Are you there yet?"

No reply. No reply at all. [Yes, I'm a Genesis fan... ]

Obviously he's there, or my tell wouldn't have gone through.

I tell petitioner, "Hit the 'r' key to reply to me."

He replies, "i'm here now where do i go."

Right idea....wrong punctuation mark. Oh well. "C" for effort.

I tell petitioner, "Ok, do you see a hotkey on the screen that says 'Sense Heading'?"

He replies, "no"

I reply, "Hit the arrow buttons one by one until you see one."

It was a guess, but an educated one.

He replies, "found it"

I reply, "Click on it."

He replies, "north"

I reply, "Ok, you need to head east along the path. Keep going until the path turns north. When it forks to the right, take the right fork."

He replies, "ok"

Who knows, maybe the guy who sold his account on Ebay worked his Felwithe faction up.

He replies, "sumbody told me i shouldnt be here cause i'm a dark elf"

I reply, "They were roleplaying."

He replies, "oh hehe @#$%@#$ morons ;P"

Priceless. Utterly priceless, I tell you.

I reply, "Where are you?"

He replies, "i see something now. looks like a castle"

I reply, "Run into the castle as fast as you can. The guards might give you some trouble, just keep running."

Yeah...damned conscience started kicking in.

A fairly long period of time passes. Not sure how long, but longer than I was expecting.

I tell petitioner, "What happened?"

As if I didn't know....

He replies, "my spells are gone!"

I reply, "What happened?"

He replies, "i died why"

I reply, "Oh man! Did I tell you to run east or west?"

He replies, "east wth"

I reply, "Yikes. My bad. You should have run west."

He replies, "?"

I reply, "So where are you now?"

He replies, "how can i tell"

I reply, "Look right after you see 'Loading please wait'. It should tell you 'You have entered [zone]'."

He replies "it doesnt say [zone] there."

After smacking my head against my monitor....

I reply, "What does it say in place of [zone]?".

Get this....

He replies, "Burning Woods"

I nearly fell out of my chair! I couldn't have PLANNED it that way!

He replies, "is that the same as burned woods"

I reply, "No, but you're close. Start running south so you can get your corpse back."

He replies, "i have to get my corpse back??"

/ignore petitioner

Moral of the story: EBay...Just Say No!

Out of sheer curiosity, I took him off ignore later to find out what happened.

I tell petitioner, "How's it going?"

He replies, "wth? where you been"

I reply, "been afk, sorry."

He replies, "got my corpse back. some dude rezzed me."

My conscience somewhat eased...

I reply, "Really? Cool! Where are you now?"

He replies, "iceclad ocean"

I scratch my head a few times.

I reply, "Why Velious?"

He replies, "the guy that rezzed me told me burned woods was in western wastes this week"

I don't recall exactly how long it took me to stop laughing. I stopped breathing shortly before my dog dialed 911.

He replied, "@#$%&* wouldnt sow me either. what is that sh#$ gold?"

That's what finally killed me. I'm writing this from the afterlife.

Bummey
09-07-2018, 12:43 PM
please just give us the guild window from live. now. forget custom content in the mysterious future. just toss it in with chardok 2

also delete mistmoore, city of mist, and karnor's castle. delete them from the game entirely. sorry shamans, shadowknights, no epics for you. it's a necessary sacrifice.

also change the zem exp values (if those ^^^ zones are even fuckin good. I don't think they are) for other zones to encourage people to STOP PUGGING IN MISTMOORE, CITY OF MIST, AND KARNOR'S CASTLE>

feniin
09-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Unrest too, weirdos.

loramin
09-07-2018, 12:48 PM
There will never be custom content here. They wont progress to the next expansion so why would they add custom content? It wont happen.

Here's the thing: currently custom content would make no sense, I 100% agree.

But in the hypothetical future, Green will be released, and Green will be the "true classic" server. That will leave Blue as the "sort of classic-like, but not really classic" server.

By definition, at that point the dev team will have nothing left to do, because once Green is released the classic coding will be over. So when you have devs with free time, and both a 100% classic server and a classically-themed server that's not actually classic, having the devs add more classically-themed content to Blue starts seeming a lot more reasonable.

Erati
09-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Loramin knows more about the Green server than the Dev team

fun thread would browse again 10/10

slips
09-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Rotated ZEMs would be amazing

Thomacles
09-07-2018, 01:35 PM
The trouble is, everyone's idea of what "classic" is, is very different. Strictly speaking, classic is the game, with all its buggy limitations, with no expansions. That was classic. As another prev post stated, you really want classic? Play on dial-up.

I don't understand where people think classic is up to Vellious. I would dearly love to see Luclin released, as Ten Mnts were one of my favorite zones. We almost lived inside the Gothic little castles killing vamps and such.

I would dearly love to see the implementation of some of the easier tools in the game. Guild management tool is sorely missed, as you can never be sure of who is on in your guild past 20 members. (I can't keep track of everyone's alts, where as the guild manager tool can easily give you that info.)

Why NOT have the map tool enabled?? The Devs said they made P99 especially to run on windowed mode, so it would be easier to swap back and forth. Well, in classic, no one knew where anything was. People made their own maps. Now, that info is so readily available on the web, that people pull up maps on one window, and play the game in the other. Inconvenience is not classic. The maps are out there, have been for nearly 2 decades, so just put the map feature back into the game already. All it would do is save us from running a second window that has the map there anyway.

I, and so many others, do not want to live in EC tunnel hoping to sell my crap, so I can buy someone else's crap. Put the bazaar back in! I wanna BROWSE what's available for sale, and either buy, or move on and actually play the game. Not sit in EC all night HOPING something I'm looking for will come up.

The real question is, what is the actual definition of classic?

Adding guild tools, mapping, and a better way for buying/selling doesn't affect anything in the game, other than alleviating headaches.

stebbins99
09-07-2018, 02:11 PM
I vote for some sort of boat out of the dock at Stonebrunt

Leiker
09-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Please no AA's.

People will just grind em out as quick as possible and then start complaining again until more AA's are added and then we are back to square one

zodium
09-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Here's the thing: currently custom content would make no sense, I 100% agree.

But in the hypothetical future, Green will be released, and Green will be the "true classic" server. That will leave Blue as the "sort of classic-like, but not really classic" server.

By definition, at that point the dev team will have nothing left to do, because once Green is released the classic coding will be over. So when you have devs with free time, and both a 100% classic server and a classically-themed server that's not actually classic, having the devs add more classically-themed content to Blue starts seeming a lot more reasonable.

No. :o

loramin
09-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Loramin knows more about the Green server than the Dev team

fun thread would browse again 10/10

Everything I post about the Green server is based on things the staff have said in this forum, except when I specifically say that I'm speculating. For every non-speculative thing I say you can find a staff member (more or less) saying the same thing somewhere in a previous post ... but while the staff posts infrequently I post entirely too often :)

I don't understand where people think classic is up to Vellious. I would dearly love to see Luclin released, as Ten Mnts were one of my favorite zones. We almost lived inside the Gothic little castles killing vamps and such.

There's a high-level philosophical answer to "what is Classic EverQuest", but there's also a very simple answer: Brad McQuaid. Love him or hate him the guy was the most important person (or at least one of them) in the development of classic EverQuest. He left before Luclin, and so the people behind P99 consider "Classic" to have ended when he left.

The real question is, what is the actual definition of classic?

Adding guild tools, mapping, and a better way for buying/selling doesn't affect anything in the game, other than alleviating headaches.

This gets to the high-level philosophical answer, which I can unfairly shorten down to "Classic Everquest was hard and modern MMOs (modern EQ, WoW, etc.) aren't." All the things you want, in order to make the game easier, are very much like saying "why not make it so death doesn't make you lose experience?"

No on likes losing XP when they die; that's 100% true. The game would be more convenient for everyone if there was no death XP loss. However, I think just about everyone here would agree that XP loss from death, as un-fun as it is when it happens, is a critical part of what makes Class EQ overall more fun than modern/more convenient MMOs.

Things like maps, guild tools, and the bazaar are similar in that they fall onto a spectrum of classic <=> non-classic, which is also the spectrum of hard <=> easy/convenient. So what you're fighting against is that classic EQ's difficulty is part of its charm, and navigating via 3rd-party maps (even with a second monitor) or having to organize guilds with very limited resources is also part of that difficulty.

And the bazaar is really on the far end of the spectrum, because not only would adding it make selling easier, it would actually change the world itself (the EC tunnel would disappear overnight).

loramin
09-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Please no AA's.

People will just grind em out as quick as possible and then start complaining again until more AA's are added and then we are back to square one

The possibility has been floated that one form of custom content would be adding certain specific AA's for each class. However, this would not be the "everyone needs to grind a million hours to get their run speed up" like in Luclin. Instead, only the really special AAs (or possibly even just a single AA) for each class would be added, and instead of grinding to get them you would have to complete an epic-ish quest. For instance (and this is 100% speculative), there might be some quest that pet classes could complete to get that "pocket pet" AA power that involves killing a bunch of mobs with pets and looting rare drops off the pets.

But again, that in no way has been promised, just floated as an idea.

Bordsythenewb
09-07-2018, 03:53 PM
No

fortior
09-07-2018, 03:54 PM
The only AAs which I'd welcome would be stuff like letting priests summon race specific foods and drinks.

Also rotate ZEMs thanks

ScaringChildren
09-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Also rotate ZEMs thanks

This I can get behind.

It's like bonus EXP weekends, sort of.

Phenyo
09-07-2018, 06:30 PM
The only thing in all this garbage that is worth addressing is basically rotated zones for more ZEM

AND MAYBE THE LFG TOOL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

fortior
09-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Rotating ZEMs are basically the most un-Classic thing ever but you're also extremely lame if you complain about that

loramin
09-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Rotating ZEMs are basically the most un-Classic thing ever but would have been a brilliant idea if the devs had thought of them back in Classic

FTFY

Having certain zones that virtually no one ever visits is what's "extremely lame".

Baler
09-07-2018, 08:36 PM
Sirken should tell the bee story again.
But yeah good guy, hope this new server stuff is true.

Vineyea
09-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Those of us who played everquest back when everquest was fresh love the idea of a classic everquest. Everquest was ground zero for the next twenty years of the MMO market. That's my perception, anyway, and p99 bills itself to that revolution...

I wouldn't mind if the GMs left the mechanics alone and made themselves characters, created a narrative, or became involved in the community in the 'roleplaying' sense. Tell us a story, turn us a page...

aaezil
09-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Root the dragons (that would actually make it just like classic was) and for custom stuff rotating zems, lfg tool, raid window tool lets make it happen!

loramin
09-07-2018, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't mind if the GMs left the mechanics alone and made themselves characters, created a narrative, or became involved in the community in the 'roleplaying' sense. Tell us a story, turn us a page...

Unfortunately the children who never learned how to play with others seem to eat up all of our GM/Guide time, but it certainly would be nice (and classic) to have SOE-style GM events on Blue.

I'd also be 100% down for in-game custom quests involving staff characters. After all, they're already in-game in the Plane of Sky:

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/thumb/Staff_Island.png/800px-Staff_Island.png

fortior
09-08-2018, 01:07 AM
FTFY

Having certain zones that virtually no one ever visits is what's "extremely lame".

Read my post again, I'm a proponent of rotating ZEMs every so often

Alexdoubz
09-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Why not just turn on the guild management tool in game? For that matter, if we want new content, why not just open Luclin?

Custom content seems like a terrible idea, and great way to ruin the server.

You realize that they have to program the server code for all of this right? It not like they just flip a switch and turn on the expansion. A absolute ton of work was put into this.

AkashicRecord
09-14-2018, 08:00 PM
FTFY

Dagnor's Cauldron