PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Con

David Johnson
08-14-2018, 11:01 AM
Hi,
My 31 ranger hunts hq pelts in West Karana. The brown bears have always conned amiable to me. In West Karana over by Skinner the merchant a brown bear conned threatening to me. I triple checked that. After that they all conned amiable again.

Anyone have info on this? Thanks.

hillgiantchamp
08-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Maybe without even realizing it you had somehow agroed it before conning or had agro on a different one.

zodium
08-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Here's a real nut cracker: why are the snow cougars in Iceclad dubious to me, while the Gat dang ones in Eastern Wastes are always getting in my grill? :mad:

Whirled
08-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Was it that PH one that runs faster than the other ones?

David Johnson
08-14-2018, 09:04 PM
I cant remember if it was a sprinter. If I see the the speedy one in the future I will check. Thanks.

d3r14k
08-14-2018, 11:05 PM
Clicked into this thread expecting to read about a P99 con artist's successful heist.

As far as the weirdly conning ursine creature goes: He is obviously a wolf in bear's clothing and cannot be trusted.

Freakish
08-14-2018, 11:24 PM
You probably went wolf form or had share wolf form when they conned KOS to you. Illusions can mess with your faction. I don't remember if wolf will turn them kos specifically, might be AON or something else.

LulzSect©
08-16-2018, 10:15 AM
Clicked into this thread expecting to read about a P99 con artist's successful heist.

ScaringChildren
08-16-2018, 10:20 AM
was it a Rabid Grizzly?

David Johnson
08-18-2018, 04:38 PM
Maybe without even realizing it you had somehow agroed it before conning or had agro on a different one.

Yes, I think I probably did that. Thanks
My bad.

Sorn
08-18-2018, 07:53 PM

As far as the weirdly conning ursine creature goes: He is obviously a wolf in bear's clothing and cannot be trusted.

But wolves also love druids and rangers...

You probably went wolf form or had share wolf form when they conned KOS to you. Illusions can mess with your faction. I don't remember if wolf will turn them kos specifically, might be AON or something else.

Wolf form does not alter animal opinions of you. In fact it tends to improve opinions across Norrath.

was it a Rabid Grizzly?

Rabid animals also love druids and rangers.

Pretty sure OP just had aggro accidentally from healing someone, buffing someone, etc.

Arakash
08-19-2018, 12:01 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a grey wolf and a gray wolf in the Qeynos Hills. The grey one seems to growl with a bit of an English accent is the only difference I can tell so far.

FungusTrooper
08-19-2018, 12:45 AM
Weird note: the single "a rabid grizzly" in Qeynos Hills is KOS to my halfling druid.

The rabid grizzlies in WK are amiable.