PDA

View Full Version : RP gnome names

pijan
08-16-2018, 11:18 AM
Looking for suggestions for a cool first and last name to use on the gnome I'm going to RP. The idea for the character is a warrior who has a gadget for everything. Whenever he's in a bind he can pull a trick out of his bag. A true master tinkerer! I appreciate any input on this, as I always have a hard time picking RP names!

ScaringChildren
08-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Spannerwrench Kinkshame

ScaringChildren
08-16-2018, 11:22 AM
*sorry, that was supposed to be "Tinkshame"

Kavious
08-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Gnome Name Generator (https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/dnd-gnome-names.php)

Ivory
08-16-2018, 11:25 AM
Dibip Clorkspring
Norborb Gearpip
Nobbit Tockphiz
Wobip Tinklok

Akanon forever!!

pijan
08-16-2018, 11:26 AM
Gnome Name Generator (https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/dnd-gnome-names.php)

I saw this but the names didn't seem very thematic

Sonderbeast
08-16-2018, 11:32 AM
From the Dragonlance Saga, Gnomes had very unique and very long names. Names like Xorbanalakus Fizwumpadozzle or Zirkonistalinus Gorbandinkatozzle. They also spoke so quickly that theirwordswerewrittentogetherlikethisandittookmeav erylongtimetoreallybeabletounderstandthesentanvesi wasreading.

I thought it was a very unique and distinct 'gnomeness' and what I imagine gnomes to be like. That's my input on the subject, I hope it helps with your roleplay!

fastboy21
08-16-2018, 11:51 AM
Looking for suggestions for a cool first and last name to use on the gnome I'm going to RP. The idea for the character is a warrior who has a gadget for everything. Whenever he's in a bind he can pull a trick out of his bag. A true master tinkerer! I appreciate any input on this, as I always have a hard time picking RP names!

Is this part of sting operation to catch inappropriate named nomes? Haven't the gnome-kind suffered enough bigotry already? Why are you singling us out again!!?

pijan
08-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Is this part of sting operation to catch inappropriate named nomes? Haven't the gnome-kind suffered enough bigotry already? Why are you singling us out again!!?

Any hatred of gnomes is clearly born of envy. I'm just looking for some ideas!

Jlpstrtkng
08-16-2018, 12:24 PM

One of my characters on live was a gnome warrior. Don’t put yourself through that unnecessary hardship my friend

skarlorn
08-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Nibblewitz Fizzlebean

pijan
08-16-2018, 12:29 PM
One of my characters on live was a gnome warrior. Don’t put yourself through that unnecessary hardship my friend

I appreciate the concern but the only ship I'm worried about is friendship since everyone loves gnomes

Rygar
08-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Rusty Trapspringer
Halfpint Greasygears
Ticktock Thingamajig

pijan
08-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Rusty Trapspringer
Halfpint Greasygears
Ticktock Thingamajig

Oh o like that surname Greasygear!

Busher
08-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Any hatred of gnomes is clearly born of envy. I'm just looking for some ideas!

Of course it is. Everyone knows how well endowed we are :D

Ravager
08-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Gerbils Sqeakywheel.

Canelek
08-17-2018, 03:43 AM
Potatoperson Sortofassling

Tethler
08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Futbol McPuntington

jarlerop
08-17-2018, 07:24 AM
Clakk Tink

Eukaryotik
08-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Check out the Gnominomicon:
http://www.rabbly.net/gnominomicon/namegenerator.html

The names are a bit more WoW focused, but they can at least give you some inspiration for a gnome in EQ.

ScaringChildren
08-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Tinytwink Beanflicker

DromalPhrenia
08-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Not all RP names need to be Springcog Squeakywheel and such. The gnomes in Sol A have surnames like Bipnubble and Binkdirple, which crack me up. Imagine marrying into the family and becoming Mrs. Binkdirple

Sorn
08-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Gnomes tend to have cutesy onomatopoeia words for names, especially sounds similar to 'cog' or 'fizzle', or they rhyme with giggle/fizzle/etc. You can use other silly made up words as well. I recall they're inordinately fond of the letters G, B, U, I, and L.

Here's a short list of ones I came up with just now:
Cognog Fizzlewig
Tuffwitz Dubrog
Pongle Gibwuggle

Other naming conventions are patterned after Dragonlance saga as mentioned in a previous post. Xalirilan Zarinokosalio, for example, or the passingly famous Xorbinasticalus Zimralicus in Iceclad.

Generally the funner it is to say, the more successful it is as a gnomish name.