PDA

View Full Version : 1st P99 character

Alfina
08-17-2018, 06:56 PM
I have never played everquest but my ex boyfriend played it and I secretly want to play now that we broke up...

What character should I play? Please respond to my post with your favorite race and class combination please and I'll see you all in game !!!

:D
<3 Alfina

jarlerop
08-18-2018, 02:55 AM
There's not enough female trolls on the server. I'd say female troll SK. Only downside is you can't wear dresses :/

Jazzy
08-18-2018, 02:57 AM
Which sicko is this

shummit
08-18-2018, 03:08 AM
roll a monk, and train your ex-boyfriend, enjoy the 2week ban, and come back and do it again.

Jimjam
08-18-2018, 03:08 AM
What did your ex play? Roll the same combination but do it better than that smug/pathetic* bastard.

*delete as appropriate

LulzSect©
08-18-2018, 05:54 AM
tee hee

Alfina
08-18-2018, 02:03 PM
well after looking at the races and some people telling me Im gonna have to look at my character for awhile I decided to go with Human. Luckily that opens up everything but shaman! SO CLASS SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!

jerok88
08-21-2018, 03:34 PM
Wood elf druid is the only first time player choice.

Dwarf or high elf cleric is also acceptable.

Faydwer 4 life.

Moerne
08-21-2018, 03:44 PM
For a first time player, I would actually go with a class that is desirable for grouping. Shaman, cleric, enchanter. Maaaybe monk. There are definitely easier classes to play, but this game will be a lot more fun if you get to know people, so start out meeting people in groups and establishing some connections. Join one of the bigger leveling guilds.

ThePeoplesBard
08-21-2018, 04:10 PM
@Moerne being wise, as always. I’ll just add that short races rock (gnome, halfling, dwarf). It’s surprising how often it sucks to be Ogre-sized while exploring Norrath.

zati
08-21-2018, 04:28 PM
I have never played everquest but my ex boyfriend played it and I secretly want to play now that we broke up...

<3 Alfina

LOL

Menemas
08-21-2018, 05:57 PM
I have never had more fun, challenging, and exciting experiences than as an enchanter.

skarlorn
08-21-2018, 05:59 PM
FLY you fool

Qtip
08-21-2018, 06:13 PM
First character play a mage. Try to group as much as possible and check out the roles other classes play and then decide.

The upside to this is mages are a basic class. Send pet, reclaim pet, send pet and so on. If you decide monks look cool, you can strip the mage to gear the monk. Then use the naked mage to farm plat(hill giants, guards, ancient cyclops ect.).

zodium
08-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Halfling Druid was my first character. Have played exclusively, without regret or any alts, since January 2017. Not bored yet. :o

Teleport all over world while running fast, charming, quadding, root rotting, tanking, pulling, healing, looking dapper as heck doing it. Power ceiling basically non-existent: with enough gear, jack of all trades grows to master of all trades. Halfling funnest race to look at, racial sneak/hide provide major QOL benefit.

SunDrake
08-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Been said, but objectively a Druid and a Magician are both good starting characters [both for different reasons, but still.]

My first character back in 1999 was a Magician and I've had one at every stop ever since.

Loke
08-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Disagree with druid. The problem with druids is that while they have a lot of useful tool in their toolbox, they actually have too many for a new player who doesn't understand how they should use those tools to compliment the other players in their group. Druids are easy to play, but difficult to play well/effectively. They're kind of a jack of all trades in that they get buffs, can dps, and can heal, and which of those they should focus on largely depends on the group they're with.

Cleric is a much better option. So is mage. DPS melees are pretty straight forward (non-pulling monk, rogue). Ranger is a pretty solid new player class as well. All these classes are pretty straight forward and won't put a new player in a position where they're duplicating the efforts of another class in their group, and will give them time to figure out how other classes fit into groups.

Arkanjil
08-21-2018, 10:50 PM
@Loke I don't know...a ranger is kinda up there with a druid, in terms of being a little more complicated to play well. I totally agree with you on mage, cleric, and possibly rogue.

fastboy21
08-22-2018, 03:31 AM
Druid is a good learning character. It is more complicated than rogue is, for sure...but it will give you a very good introduction to most of the game mechanics as you learn to play.

Healing, direct damage, dots, root/snare, animal charm, ports, sow, track, solo play, group play etc.

You'll also be able to make decent plat just playing your druid to buy level appropriate gear and start a decent twink.