PDA

View Full Version : Befallen, i hate you

Topgunben
08-20-2018, 06:53 PM
It really is the crappiest dungeon but its also really fun to deal with the unexpecteds. For instance the hidden holes in the floor right at the doorway that drops you into much higher level mobs, or the fact that if you die your key is on your corpse. making it fun to get your corpse back. also, there are a lot of high level mobs mixed in with low levels. a lot of the low level trash still aggros, and throw disease on you which i hate as a mage.

theres also this mummy....... so you walk through a door on level 2 and start getting spanked by a mummy. Gebarns health is dropping below 50% and i look at mummy's health and its still at 100%. Im wondering if this is some anomaly, like 1 in a million x million chance that Gebarn missed every single time and the mummy landed full hit every time. now if you are like me, you dont always pay attention to the text that says,
"Gebarn tries to hit a mummy, but a mummy is INVULNERABLE"

By the time i finally notice, Gebarn is about dead, and i have all of 135 HP's full health. the mummy hits for about 36 damage, so i make the decision to run. 3 doors to the hall, a twisty turny ramp, then a hole in the wall that you cant really jump or duck through all that well, more diseased rats, another door that you need a key for.

i made it to the hole in the wall, but couldnt get through. it only took a couple well placed hits for a mummy to drop me to 0%. I lay there contemplating my corpse recovery, another blow ports my Dark Elf soul to freeport. Call it beginners bad luck or classic everquest. its this kind of stuff that really drives a person crazy, but keeps you coming back for more. Its like i swear fizzles happen more often at low mana when everything is on the line.

tonight if you would like to join me, SPANDEX, in Befallen. You can help me settle a score with a mummy, and a hole.

LulzSect©
08-20-2018, 06:59 PM
the crappiest dungeon

Baler
08-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Befallen is great xp at lower levels with a group or a high level player.

Arkanjil
08-20-2018, 07:17 PM
This was one of those zones that reinforced the notion that dungeons are meant for groups of players. You should know better than to try and solo in a dungeon like befallen. Too high risk vs reward!

Topgunben
08-20-2018, 08:05 PM
This was one of those zones that reinforced the notion that dungeons are meant for groups of players. You should know better than to try and solo in a dungeon like befallen. Too high risk vs reward!

Bro. There is no reward for Befallen.

LulzSect©
08-20-2018, 08:08 PM
my first and only visit to befallen on live as a super noob wizard was

falling to my death and no recollection of the CR

d3r14k
08-20-2018, 10:04 PM
Some say Lulz's body still haunts the bottom of the well to this day.

Notwotwo
08-21-2018, 05:06 PM
This dungeon sucks but in group it’s way better. The main problems is if you are only and you die, you will be in trouble

reznor_
08-21-2018, 05:55 PM
its the best! gotta love it when low health necros run away through a locked door...

reznor_
08-21-2018, 05:56 PM
also, rip Gebarn

Venjenz
08-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Befallen is nice because it introduces you to many of the fun dungeon mechanics of EQ all at once - trains, insane "through the floors and walls" chain aggro, low level placeholders for much higher level mobs that stomp you, annoying keys that make corpse runs a pain, caster mobs with pets, etc.

Make Befallen your friend. Enjoy one of the truly great low level dungeon experiences in the game.