PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember this?

Bigdaddy47
08-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Was diving into an EQ rabbit hole today (will prob come back and play after summer ends if any old bros see this) and remembered something from my youth that I can't for the life of me find today.

It was a journal/diary/adventure log with screenshots and text of a dark elf shadowknight named something that I believe began with Ut. It chronicled his adventures in classic everquest, going through highkeep, getting rubicite armor in the original CT zone, etc etc. Was really cool to read and would be a neat snapshot of live from the time. Anyone else remember this and have a link (probably via the wayback machine)?

Cult
08-23-2018, 03:09 PM
http://uenaelar.forumauberge.com/us_index.htm

radda
08-23-2018, 03:15 PM
I remember now

Bigdaddy47
08-23-2018, 03:26 PM
http://uenaelar.forumauberge.com/us_index.htm

Yup, this is it. Thanks bruh

Evia
08-23-2018, 03:47 PM
I never knew about this! it was cool to read through tho!

Sizar
08-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Anyone remember the old graphics for the Short Sword of Ykesha? It used to look different in game than it does now. From EQ launch till about 3-6 months in it looked like an actual short sword that got wider closer to its point, and it was straight. The new one is the one available to us now, the sword with the 45 degree angle to it.

I have been unable to find a screenshot of the old one, but maybe it's cause my googling power is weak

Danth
08-23-2018, 05:43 PM
Anyone remember the old graphics for the Short Sword of Ykesha? It used to look different in game than it does now. From EQ launch till about 3-6 months in it looked like an actual short sword that got wider closer to its point, and it was straight. The new one is the one available to us now, the sword with the 45 degree angle to it.

I have been unable to find a screenshot of the old one, but maybe it's cause my googling power is weak

I believe the original SSOY graphic is the one currently used Soul Defiler. The SSOY was changed very early, as you note.

Danth

bigjeff100
08-23-2018, 05:43 PM
Hahahaha I love how his first quest went.. Had to fill a container with beetle eyes. He fills it up, and hands the full container back. Fails quest. HAH! Eq man....