PDA

View Full Version : Camping Raster

bakkily
09-01-2018, 01:47 PM
How long does it take Raster usually, or how long has most peeps stayed at camp till spawned? Just hoping this isn't one hell of a slow camp.

Karthil
09-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Some people get lucky, but it is definitely "one hell of a slow camp" for most of us. I leveled off the Minos on my monk while camping raster, and was there for several levels. I'd say in total it was probably 20+ hours over the course of multiple camps (longest single session was maybe 4-5 hours). I would camp out by the spawn spot, and one day I logged in and he was just up :p

Again, not everyone has this bad of a camp, but I've heard a lot of similar stories.

Foxplay
09-01-2018, 02:15 PM
How long does it take Raster usually

Yes

jpetrick
09-01-2018, 02:31 PM
40 hours for me. Get some friends together and kill Bro Z instead. He drops the robe every time.

Qtip
09-01-2018, 03:25 PM
From 42-48 solo the camp for exp and wait for him. Between these levels on an iksar monk(exp penalty) I seen 2 rasters. The exp here is insane these levels and minos drop nothing but gems, which is also nice.

ScaringChildren
09-01-2018, 03:59 PM
I was lucky, it only took me a total of 11 hours. Over the span of two days.

It took me like 4 to 5 hours just to spawn Brother Z after that.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd just kill Brother Z with my guild. Much easier.

Rawzr
09-01-2018, 05:42 PM
I got extremely lucky.. went in killed everything and he spawned, was 50
or 51 when I did it, was Ez

Barlu
09-01-2018, 06:21 PM
Definitely second Qtips reccomendation to camp it for exp while you can (maybe earlier than 42 depending on gear). I suggest starting as easily as possible. I was worried about not being able to kill Raster if/when he spawned so I bought a Damage Shield Potion and a Haste pot. By the time he spawned about 22 hours later I had leveled so many times I didn’t even use the pots.

It definitely makes it more tolerable when you are getting exp. Bring a ton of bandages. Good luck I hope you get it quicker than I did.

Sizar
09-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Took me 2 hours so I was lucky. That was years ago. Since I've been back in the last 2 months just randomly being in lguk for whatever reason I've killed him 3 more times while passing by. Just keep it up. And I can't recommend enough just leveling in the area while waiting for him to spawn. Some of the best solo xp I've gotten for my monk

Jan Jensen
09-02-2018, 12:18 PM
One of the best camps for a monk at that level. I was there 38-48, saw two Rasters.

Bummey
09-02-2018, 01:46 PM
40 hours for me. Get some friends together and kill Bro Z instead. He drops the robe every time.

Spawning Brother Z can also be one hell of a long camp.

kaluann
09-02-2018, 03:41 PM
He spawned in about 3 hours the first time I camped him. I helped another monk with the camp a few weeks later and he spawned after 1 pH kill. However spawning the monk in SK for the turn in took like 10 hours.

I saw somewhere (maybe here?) that at some point during the monk epic you’re going to hit a massively long camp, whether it’s raster, Targin, the 2 brothers, or one of the pipes. I would say that is definitely true!

Lionsfan616
09-02-2018, 08:09 PM
I'll share my anecdote and how it is completely random.

I went there after doing all the other steps. I probably spent somewhere between 25-40 hours (it was awhile ago). I know I was there atleast a week with 3-5 hours each day. Never seen a single raster.

I logged on one day while another monk was camping him, he told me he had been there for an hour or so but was about to log. Cool, I would take over and maybe that would be my chance. Not even 10 minutes after he said that, Raster spawned. He messaged me and said he had killed him and the camp was free. I lolcried because now there was no way I would get him now and I had thought about all the ways I could make money in the game just to get a Bro Z kill, honestly it wouldve been better to buy one from the beginning. Well, I said eff it and stayed at the camp for another spawn because, f*ck it, I was already there.... I am not joking or in any way embellishing, that mfer spawned literally right after the other one. Two in a row! How was this possible?? I spent the equivalent of a work week trying to get this guy to spawn once and then he spawns twice in a row!? Crazy.

TL;DR - RNGesus can be a cruel mistress sometimes

Nisei
09-03-2018, 12:55 AM
7 hours for me, spawning Brother Z took ~13 or so hours.

jpetrick
09-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Spawning Brother Z can also be one hell of a long camp.

Spot check it. You don't have to actively sit there and spawn it if you don't want to. As a bonus you will make all the J-boot MQers happy if you kill him.

Also if he is camping Raster/Targin he would have to spawn Bro Z either way.

Andyman1022
09-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Got my raster on the 2nd PH.

ScaringChildren
09-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Got my raster on the 2nd PH.

You got extremely lucky.

Dalyana4215
09-04-2018, 03:20 PM
Took me about 3-4 hours. I think i got it on my 7th or 8th PH. Wasn't too bad, and was great exp while clearing the area. Just take the full 28m and split it up and things are easy.